38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

left, i'm so glad it looks like your thyroid is starting to play nice! Thanks for feeling my pain :) I know you're frustrated with this wait too. I hope you're back in it soon!

maui - yeah, your DH is a rock star!! I hope you caught that egg this month, it'll all be worth it!

sha - that's great about the IUI and extra BD you got in! good luck on your trip - can't wait to hear of any symptoms you're having. :)

Sha- Great news that the IUI went well. I am right there with ya on 3dpo so we can symptom spot together ;) Keeping you in my prayers too! I just need to find something to occupy my time now.

Chart looks good Kiley! I see you're following smep? We are trying too but have only been successful with the BD 3 times after peak opk. We tried starting on day 10 and going every other day, but we couldn't stay on task and kept forgetting or too tired.:shrug: By the time the "wait a day, then go once more" comes around, I know I already O'd and we're both tired so we skip it.

Wish- that's such a drag about being out of the game for 2 mo. However, I will say that taking January off was amazing and I'm a much calmer, more peaceful person. Do things you love and enjoy the break!

Sha- good luck! I believe I'm 2dpo today but need one more high temp tomorrow to lock it down on FF. I'm just one day behind you and Kiley.

Left- are you guys going to try this month?

Maui- sounds like you've got it covered with the three times after peak even though you missed the "wait a day, then go once more". I was going to try smep this cycle but never got a peak or positive OPK so we just stuck with every other day. Missed last night though, I was really tired and ended up falling asleep around 9pm. But due to my chart looking pretty good with timing I am not too worried about it. Will definitely try it again next cycle if AF shows. I am curious about my continued high readings on the CBFM though. But as long as FF thinks I O'd then I am good with that.

Busy day on the thread!

Sha, glad the iui and the security BD ☺️ went well.

Maui, glad you are back. Looks like the timing was great. I tried SMEP too this month, but it accidentally got modified. Whoops!

Kiley, looks like we BD the same schedule so hopefully we will both get lucky and get the BFP!

Wish, left, and everyone else hope you are having a great day.

I am dpo 7, but nothing much to report. Workouts the past couple of days have felt extra difficult, but not sure I would say I am exhausted quite yet. I did have a dream the I saw the POAS was a faint positive, maybe foreshadowing (likely just wishful thinking). But hey I will take a little positive thinking �� I have decided to make the weekend productive and try my hand at homemade crissouants, so that should keep me busy right?

Fx'd for all!!!

Hi Mau I was so tempted to try but had to talk myself out of it !! If things are not ok with my levels significant chance of mc . I would be just bringing a world of pain on myself unnecessarily so decided to be a good girl and wait and see what is said at my appointment on the 9th of March . I'm so hoping I get the green light ;) and won't miss march it will be just in time for ov :)

Kiley and Maui,

Have you ever heard of eating pineapple core? Slice up the core of a pineapple into 5 pieces and eat 1 piece a day, starting the day after ovulation. The bromlean in it is known to help with implantation.

Sha - Really? I've never heard that one...I'll look into it. I LOVE pineapple so shouldn't be too rough to try. Although the core is pretty tough to chew on! Have you tried it?

Yes I've heard that !! Never tried it but heard it . The other thing that is supposed to help is 5 Brazil nuts per day after ov , it too helps with implantation . I DID try this one and coincidence or not was the month I got my BFP ;)

Sha - Really? I've never heard that one...I'll look into it. I LOVE pineapple so shouldn't be too rough to try. Although the core is pretty tough to chew on! Have you tried it?

I'm trying it now.

Mdc- I was pretty tired as well in the first couple days past O. My Wednesday workout was really tough. Today was much better though. I hope the dream you had comes true!! And homemade croissants sound amazing! I love to bake. Haven't done it for a while though since starting my healthier lifestyle about two years ago.

Sha- I have heard of Pineapple Core! I have been eating about 100g of pineapple a day since Tuesday (O'd on Monday). But I have not been eating the core. I couldn't find a decent looking pineapple so I bought the container of already cut up pineapple from the produce section. I know without the core, its not as much bromelain but hopefully it will still help! For those of you thinking of trying the pineapple, just do not eat it in the weeks prior to O. It can make your CM too acidic and hostile to sperm.

Happy my temp stayed up today. In past cycles, now is the time it normally takes a big nose dive. Makes me think my progesterone levels are getting better. Yay for my hormones finally balancing out!

just popping in to say hi to all of the lovely ladies! I hope everyone has a great weekend! I may not be on for awhile - I have a super busy week next week and I want to take Maui's advice and kinda relax and see if I can concentrate on other things for a bit. If i'm going to be forced to take a break, then I'm gonna enjoy it!
MDC - you inspired me! Maybe I'll look for something fun to cook this weekend!

I'll be checking in for some BFPs, though!! FX'ed are soooooo crossed for all of you!! Big :hugs: to everyone!

I usually add a little pineapple in my green smoothies, so I do have to say I just kept the core in this month. Since it was blended wasn't quite as chewy and tasted better for me especially since it is hard for me to find ripe ones right now. Hey, anything helps right 😀

Happy Friday

A lot to catch up on. Hope everybody is doing alright.

Maui- nice to meet you…am star :)

Wish- Hi anniversary mate :). sorry about waiting on ttc but I know the shot are also important. You will be back on the game before you know it. Time flies fast.

Kiley- congratulations in keeping up with SMEP. I did my best with it but got exhausted when were BD 4days in a row. I was to take a break for one day and do it again but DH and I were both so tired to keep up. I ll see if what we did was enough to bring a bfp this cycle.

Mdc- Did the bump go away? Doing anything exciting this wkd to occupy your time while in the TWW

Kpme- whats happening? Hope you are keeping warm.

Left- Your appointment is coming up soon right? Very soon you too will be back in the game of ttc too. Good news that things are looking good in the area of O for you.

Dandi- How was the appointment yesterday?

Ours- That’s a good idea to BD every other day. Hoping that swimmer gets where he is supposed to be this cycle. What CD are you now?

Shar- I say you stand a greater chance with both the IUI and BD day after. Fx!

Brissie- Am so sorry for that rough year you have had. May this year be different? Did you get darker lines? What dpo are you?

If I missed anybody…..hoping things are going on well.

Nothing much here, I am 5dpo. No symptom’s whatsoever. DH and I are going on a mini vacay to Windsor and that will make TWW go faster. I also have my annual pap next week on 17th and looking forward to it, maybe talk about my ttc journey to my ob. Seems like most of us are on the famous TWW train. Before I forget, Shar and Left mentioned some foods to help conceive. Its so strange because was just the other day talking to a friend who said she conceived after including yams in her diet. She said she bought the yams at an Asian store. Well, if this cycle doesn’t turn out well, I ll make sure I have a supply of pineapple, brazillian nuts and yam in my kitchen! Have a great weekend ladies.

My appt was pretty uneventful. I won't get my blood tests back until Monday at the earliest and I'm not scheduled for an ultrasound until March 3rd. But my doc said everything seemed from what he could tell except that my uterus is measuring much larger than it should at 6 weeks. It could be that I have another fibroid, but we won't know for sure until the scan. So I'm still cautiously excited, trying to keep one foot in and one foot out until I get my results back and see a heartbeat.

I've never heard of the pineapple, that's so interesting. I thought I had researched every wives tale and natural trick possible in the past year, lol. I'm definitely keeping that info in my back pocket for later.

I'm anxiously awaiting next week to see if this is the lucky month for any of you ladies that are a few dpo! FX!

Speaking of food, I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I did get my first bfp in 13 months the first cycle that I switched to a paleo diet and added a fish oil supplement with my prenatal vitamins. Could be coincidence, but I'm definitely going to do the same thing next time just in case.

That would be ironic. Try so hard for so long and then get more than you bargained for. Sheesh. I would definitely take whatever the Lord will give me though. Guess I'll find out what's going on in a couple of weeks.

Hi Star! Welcome to our rockin' forum courtesy of the amazing Tui. :)

Hubby and I are out of town this weekend enjoying time with good friends. We were hoping to play in the snow, but alas there is none. I know our east coast friends are sick of it, but we desperately need some.

FF puts me at 6 dpo today, which is weird because I fully expected to be about 4 dpo based on temps. Then FF gave me this little blurb about an inconsistent LP and not being accurate with my temp taking. :saywhat: Well first of all, I take my temp at the same time each day with the same thermometer. Second, most all of my LP's are 12 days. I had one that was 11 and one that was 13. I wanted to write them a nasty gram and tell them maybe their algorithm or whatever isn't as perfect as they think. They're basing my 6 dpo on EWCM which tends to show up whenever with no rhyme or reason. Maybe I'll take it off the chart and see what they say then...

I hope all of you are having a lovely Valentines Day weekend! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->