38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Mau those solid crosshairs look good :) and your timing is perfect !!! Good luck , hoping this is the month for you ;)

Morning all! I did not mean to go so MIA. Been a busy few weeks at work. I just live about a 10 minute walk from my house to my office, so walking is not too bad!

Cd 12 here. It seems that the CBFM is behaving better this cycle....I have not yet had any "high" or "peak." So assuming I always O around cd 16 or so, we will see how it goes over the next few days. And my temps have been pretty even this cycle, too....DH knows that we are due for some BD this week! We are trying to stick to the SMEP that you all recommended too. Good luck to those of you who are entering your TWW!

Good morning ladies and I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Star and Maui, So are you both DPO 8? Anything symptoms?

Star, my little bumpy friend did go away. Whew! Still going to bring it up to my OB tomorrow just to be safe.

Dandi, twins would be totally ironic and amazing! I always used to joke I would have colicky twin boys (because I was always such a girlie girl) ;) Hope you get the test results soon and get to hear the heartbeat very soon too!

Maui, seems like you are on track and can tell FF off a little 😀 Sometimes it makes you wonder how anyone used to get pregnant before, or at least that is what the technology wants us to believe.

Kpme, glad the monitor is doing better, and best of luck catching that little eggie!

Hello to everyone else!

Afm, I stayed pretty busy this weekend with baking. Wish, hope you did too! I am dpo11 and not to much going on. I did have a dizzy spell Friday evening. I stepped off the elevator and then was thrown for a big dizzy loop. The DH noticed it also because he grabbed my arm and asked what was wrong. Might be something or not. Felt a little off Sat and Sun evening, but I definitely think that was all in my head. I did have one very disturbing dream that I was breastfeeding some little kittens. DH got a kick out of hearing that dream. LOL! Still trying to be optimistically cautious and be positive without getting my hopes up. Anyone have any recommendations how not to be delusional?

Baby dust for all! :dust:

Mdc, I had a dream about breastfeeding puppies about 8dpo, a week before I got my bfp. Fingers crossed for you!

Dandi, that does sound like good news! At least I am not the only one that had that dream. I was a little freaked out. :haha:

Hello ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Star- Hope the appointment goes well tomorrow. I have my pap appt tomorrow as well.

Maui- I see FF has you back at 6dpo today? According to your temps I would say it is pretty obvious when you O'd. Weird that it went off EWCM to determine O. I don't think I have gotten EWCM yet. At least not enough of it to notice anyway.

Kpme- Good to hear CBFM is working better this cycle. I will be curious if it gives you a Peak. I stopped peeing on sticks on Saturday even though it keeps asking for them. My temps already confirmed O so I assume CBFM missed my surge. I just didn't want to waste any more sticks for the rest of my cycle because I know it would just continue to ask for them... Good luck with SMEP!! Did you already start your every other day bding?

Dandi- Twins would be amazing! Keep us updated!

Mdc- Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow as well. Let us know what your ob/gyn says or if they do any extra tests this appointment. Your dream cracks me up!! Hopefully you will be like Dandi and get a BFP!!!

I am 7 dpo today. Temps are still pretty steady for the most part. At least better than they have ever been. No out of the ordinary symptoms. Sides of my boobs are a little sore, but unfortunately I do not think that is due to a possible pregnancy. I am pretty sure its from changing up my workouts.... I started lifting again last week so I am pretty sure it is from that.

Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Kiley and Left- I actually changed the analysis method on FF from advanced to FAM after my last post. FAM put my O day exactly where I thought it would be because it negates when EWCM shows. So now I'm 6 dpo instead of 8. For me, EWCM can show up as early as 5 days from O, so it's not a great indicator that O will be anytime soon. For that reason, we use Preseed to help things along as O approaches. My LP is 12 days, so we'll see if/when AF shows to see which analysis was correct.

MDC- glad your "friend" went away. No symptoms here besides a sore right breast which happens every month. Hope your dream is a good sign! Good luck!

Kpme- good luck catching that egg!

Wish- I hope you're enjoying your time off. Enjoy!

This oughta make you giggle a little...I keep seeing ladies writing to someone called Afm. It's been driving me nuts wondering who this person is and why I can't see their messages that everyone is responding to. It just dawned on me that maybe this was another abbreviation, and guess what? Afm isn't a person! Ha! We're talking months ladies. For months I thought Afm was a person. Ugh!

Maui, I had to google it to figure it out myself! I work in health care and I thought we had a ton of acronyms, but jeez the those in the TTC world have taken it to a whole new level. :winkwink:

Maui- bahahahahahahaha!!! Reading that made my afternoon! Thanks for the laugh!

Mau- oh my gosh......hahahahahahaha you are hilarious. I also had to google it!

Hi Ladies,

Wish- Hope you are doing good and when you are ready to join us we will be here. All the best with everything. Thinking of you.

Dandi- Twins sounds so good. That’s like double blessings!

Kiley and Mdc- I know we all originally had ob appt tomorrow. Just got a call from my ob office that my appointment tomorrow got cancelled due to a burst frozen pipe. Not feeling good about it the cancellation coz I was set to see if I can get some blood work and talk to my ob about the next step if nothing comes out this cycle. Mdc am glad the “bump “is gone….its a good idea to bring it up at your appt tomorrow. You guys have a good appt tomorrow and waiting for updates please.

Kpme- Yay to keeping up with SMEP. Am cheering you up on that. Bundle up well when you walk in that cold.

Mau- thanks again for that laughter….other than that I also used pre seed because I heard good reviews about it. Hopefully it works for us.

Shar, left, ours and anybody else I missed hope you are all doing well.

8dpo here. Nothing much other than I had very very mild cramps this afternoon that were very brief but were very similar to AF cramps. Maybe i was hallucinating about the cramps coz it was so brief. No other symptoms. I have until sat to start testing, it will be 13dpo. In the meantime I am keeping myself busy by cleaning the house, laundry, rearranging the furniture, catching up with my tv shows just about anything to hold of from POAS. Thank goodness my 6 days off are almost over and will be back to work from Wed until Sun.

May you all have a lovely evening.

Hi everyone :) just picking myself up off the floor laughing !!AFM is a VERY special member ;) HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

As for becoming disillusioned , its hard to stay positive all the time but I when trying at 40 ! Decided that after the initial gut wrenching disapointment when AF arrives ( and lets face it , it is like a kick in the stomach ) I would turn her arrival into a positive and think with her she brought another brand new fresh oppertunity to try again :) that's the thing I hold onto every 4 weeks we get a new shot at it !!! Have faith guy it will happen , for all of us !! We will all fall one by one ......... Its only a matter of time , some luck and ok maybe some medical assistance ;) lol....... But believe .... It will happen :)

Thanks for the words of wisdom Left. You are right about every new cycle is a new beginning. Its sometimes hard when people around you are having babies and some people have the nerve to ask you " when are you having yours?". Sometimes i feel defeated in this journey but i pick myself up and tell myself it will happen, my time is coming. DH just came home from work and told me his 2 co workers just announced they are having babies. I saw from his eyes he was probably wishing he was one of those giving the announcement. Oh well, one day he will have the opportunity to do so.

Good morning Ladies,

Afm is probably the only one I picked up right away. I still have no idea what DH means... Breast feeding animals... I'm praying I have that dream lol.

No symptoms for me so far. I'm still taking my temp and it's staying up there. I go in for progesterone blood work this morning. Today is 8DPO.

Baby dust to all!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Wish- Hope you are doing good and when you are ready to join us we will be here. All the best with everything. Thinking of you.

Dandi- Twins sounds so good. That’s like double blessings!

Kiley and Mdc- I know we all originally had ob appt tomorrow. Just got a call from my ob office that my appointment tomorrow got cancelled due to a burst frozen pipe. Not feeling good about it the cancellation coz I was set to see if I can get some blood work and talk to my ob about the next step if nothing comes out this cycle. Mdc am glad the “bump “is gone….its a good idea to bring it up at your appt tomorrow. You guys have a good appt tomorrow and waiting for updates please.

Kpme- Yay to keeping up with SMEP. Am cheering you up on that. Bundle up well when you walk in that cold.

Mau- thanks again for that laughter….other than that I also used pre seed because I heard good reviews about it. Hopefully it works for us.

Shar, left, ours and anybody else I missed hope you are all doing well.

8dpo here. Nothing much other than I had very very mild cramps this afternoon that were very brief but were very similar to AF cramps. Maybe i was hallucinating about the cramps coz it was so brief. No other symptoms. I have until sat to start testing, it will be 13dpo. In the meantime I am keeping myself busy by cleaning the house, laundry, rearranging the furniture, catching up with my tv shows just about anything to hold of from POAS. Thank goodness my 6 days off are almost over and will be back to work from Wed until Sun.

May you all have a lovely evening.

Star - stay positive. Read that implantation symptoms mirror those of AF. Even down to spotting, the symptoms are very similar. I'll be praying for you and all of us.

hi all! how's everyone doing? I hope we get at least 1 BFP out of this lot this month!

star - I'm sorry your appt got cancelled! seems to be a lot of that going around - I was just on another thread where my friend is trying to get her trigger shot for IUI and they are expecting 8-10" of snow today instead, so they cancelled! it's not like that can really be rescheduled! UGH!

sha - "DH" = Dear Husband, so anything with a 'D' on the front is usually a family member. DS = dear son, DD = dear daughter. There is a link to a little dictionary that people post every now and then to help with ALLLLL of these acronyms. I have to google the ones that pertain to the fertility treatments, for sure. That's a whole 'nother layer!
and btw, Maui, that was hysterical! you'd think...AF stands for Aunt Flo, AFM must be something related??

I hope everyone is having a great week. Can't wait until the symptoms start popping out! My RE appt is Thurs at 930, then my innoculation at 11. Grr. Maybe i'll get to cancel that b/c she wants to do IUI in March! ;)
I didn't bake at all this weekend but I did make a mean dinner on both Sunday and Monday night - ribeyes with king crab legs and brussels sprouts on Sunday, captain's cut of cod and scallops with broccoli last night. MMmmmmmmm! :)

Hey Wish, good to see you. Yes, i am not a happy camper because of that cancelled appt. I called the office today and they are still closed. Its still cold and snowing and i hope it doesnt take long to repair that frozen pipe. I am glad things are moving on well with you. IUI is the best plan and i know all will be well. March is here in 2 Weeks.Are you excited? What does your DH say to the plan? You made me hungry reading your post on what you cooked! Havent eaten yet, been up and about running some errands since morning.

Shar- Thanks for the encouragement:) Praying for you too. Did you make it to your progesterone blood work? Are your going to start any progesterone supplements after the blood work results? or are you on any now? I hope we all get our bfp soon.

Sorry for the many questions Wish and Shar:)

9dpo for me. No other symptoms today. on my errands today i bought a couple of the Walmart cheepies to start testing on sat.

thanks, star! no worries about all of the questions - we're all learning here, right? :)

hopefully IUI is where she recommends to go but I have a feeling she may recommend IVF given my age vs success rates of both. Either way, I am getting my varicella vaccine on Thurs, so I have to wait 2 months after that. So April is the earliest we can start. Again, if she DOES happen to think IUI is the way to go and also thinks that I can push off the vaccine until later, that's the only way we'd be able to do IUI in March. Fat chance!! :haha:
DH is fine with either one, though we both don't want multiples that sometimes come with IVF (ok, secretly - or not so secretly - I don't think I'd mind twins and it's the only way I'm getting two out of DH!). Doc said she didn't want to cause that either, so they would only transfer one fertilized egg if that's what we wanted to do but it wasn't her fault if that one split! haha

odd thought of the day: isn't 'varicella' a pretty word? might be a nice name if it didn't mean chicken pox!!

Interesting, I sometimes feel i learn alot from these boards more than i do from the docs. Whatever decision you decide with your doc....i wish you the best. I also wont mind twins. Please dont name one of the twins Vericella...lol thought it does sound pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->