38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Good Morning Ladies,

I've taken a few days off, I was making myself crazy reading blogs and sites, and just needed to give my brain a rest.

Dandi - my heart breaks for you. I haven't been in your position, but I know how it feels to want to conceive so badly. I will keep you in my prayers. As for supplements, I'm taking CoQ10 (400) a day and 75 of DHEA. 6 teaspoons a day of Robitussin for the 5 days leading up to ovulation. This helps promote thin cervical mucus, eat wild yams during those same days. Then pineapple core, cut the core into 5 pieces and eat 1 piece a day starting the day after ovulation. Ask your RE to check your progesterone levels 1 week after O, this way you can start supplements if necessary.

I'm happy to see that everyone else is moving along. The graduate page sounds like a great idea... I look forward to MY graduation ;)

AFM - I started another cycle with clomid and ovadrel. 50 mg of clomid CD 3-7. Had CD 12 sono and I have 2 nice mature follies... On the right side. So we are not doing IUI, we will have timed BD and pray that the left tube can reach over and grab the egg from the right side. Stranger things have happened, so I'm staying prayerful and hopeful. I triggered on Friday and today, CD 14, I'm definitely feeling my usual O pains. My temp are still low, so I'm expecting to see a spike tomorrow. My OPK showed peak yesterday. My hubby is wiped out, but he is being a real trooper. We've BD CD 9,11,13, and 14.

Baby Dust to you all!!!!

Hi ladies, Hope you have all had a good weekend.

Tui - Welcome back! So glad you took some time out! Good plan!

MDC - So glad to hear about the new job!! On the TTC front - my infertility nurse (From when we were TTCing with DD) said to DTD every other day. So a good idea!

Pothole - YAY for getting an HSG scan OK'ed and good luck! It was 6 weeks post HSG scan that I fell pregnant with my DD! I have heard so many positive stories of BFP's post HSG scans!!

Jessiecat - 17 weeks already!! Oh my time really does fly by!!! And my BFing ticker really needs to be changed. Finally stopped feeding to sleep just 3 weeks ago when DD was 27 months (and 1 day old!!) HAHA Love that bump!!!! Hopefully not long till I, and lots of us here, get one too!

Star - Hiya! When I saw you post I thought I haven't said hi to you yet!! I love a good Indian restaurant!! Hope your meal was good!

ShaRock - GL with this clomid cycle!!! Praying for a good result this cycle for you!

AFM - not much to report on here. I think I O'ed early this past week so puts me at about 5 DPO. If nothing happens this month I will make an appointment to see my new Dr.
OH has spent some time in the garden pulling out tress we definitely wanted OUT!! 3 down 1 to go. Also popped to Ikea yesterday for a few bits for the house. Fetched DD's kitchen today, that my dad made for her. She was a bit confused at their house but when we got it here she was really excited. She has spent all afternoon playing with it!
Hope everyone is doing well

hi all!
as I said in the other thread - Jessie, your bump is awesome! I'm so happy for you. I hope you are able to join the Graduates thread! And yes, i found out that a lot more is covered than I thought AND we've already hit our deductible for the year, so that's all good news. Appt for the consent scheduled for 3/24, which is also DH's bday. :)

star - bday is in December, you? here's another one for you - a friend of mine in high school had nicknames for a few of us and mine was 'Star' b/c I reminded him of Jamie Gertz's character on The Lost Boys - ha!

shar - glad you gave yourself a little mental break. Good luck on this clomid cycle!

dandi - I got nuthin' as far as supplements but I wish you luck in the next few months in reaching your goals. They are good goals to have!!

left - thinking about you tomorrow!! Fx'ed!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Hi everyone :) hope you all had a good weekend , I just chilled , ate nice food and went for a walk . They go too quickly :( I've my appointment tommrrow pm , hopefully will find out if I'm good to go .... Ill keep you posted ;)

Hi All,:hi:

I hope it's ok for me to join this thread.
I'm 37 and currently in the tww for my third IUI after 2 unsuccessful attempts.

Sending you all some baby dust :dust: I hope we all get our BFPs real soon.:thumbup:

left - I can't wait for your update! good luck!

bajayby - welcome and good luck! what dpo are you? How long have you been trying? I guess I mean - what's your story, morning glory? ;) we now have two ladies from Ireland!! :)

Good morning lovely ladies!

Left, not sure about the cbfm and what it all measures. If it is estrogen and LH like opks you might need to temp. I believe temping is the only way to really know if you O'd, but who the heck am I kidding I just started to temp this month :haha: I cannot wait to hear good about your appt, and expecting to see you change to TTC!

Dandi, I am glad you are being proactive and getting healthy. I am not taking much, mucinex (like what Sha is taking but in an extended pill formulation), B complex, and prenatals. As for the robitussin/mucinex there is not much out there, but it does make sense to me pharmacologically since it thins out mucus when you have a cold so you can cough it up (gross I know), makes sense it would thin other mucus like substances. I am noticing I get more watery CM no EWCM yet this month but should show up later today I hope. I am going to add some pineapple with the core to my green smoothies (did last month too), but I am not as sold on that one but what the heck it tastes yummy. I am also adding in some fertility yoga and meditation daily just to keep me from being a crazy person :winkwink: Can I ask you what Processence plus is?

Tui, I know I have heard those two names before, but can you remind me what they are supposed to help with?

Sha, glad you are back and I know sometimes you need a mental break. Good luck with the mature follicles and hopefully they jump ship to the other tube! We are pretty much cycle buddies this month. I am cd17 and may OPK peaked yesterday too. Your BD schedule is impressive. GL.

Skweek, thanks for the info and I think it is working better on DH. I used to love playing with my mini kitchen when I was little. My cousin and I used to make gourmet crackers (aka garlic butter on saltines) with my easy bake oven. Sounds like you have a great chance this month, and hopefully you will not need to schedule a doc appt next month except to confirm your BFP!

Wish, glad your deductible is met already! Cannot wait to hear about your process next month.

Bajaby, welcome and good luck this month.

Hello to everyone else.

Afm, mission seduce husband a success so far! The hard one will be tonight because he will probably catch on. My goal is to BD tonight or tomorrow since I peaked on the advanced opk yesterday morning. Not sure my temps will help much this month because they are so crazy. Some of it is bc I am still trying to figure it out and then the other half was my travel schedule back and forth to the east coast. So far my experiment with both the advanced and regular clear blue opks is a little conflicting. Peaked on advance with fmu, but not in the afternoon with the regular. The line on the regular was pretty close to the control so I might have not had a concentrated enough sample (btw drinking so much water to help with CM is not conducive to not peeing for 4 hours :wacko: ) I will test with the regular opks until they stop being positive. I have heard some conflicting things about LH surge, so I want to see how long I surge. Some places state it does not matter how long the surge is but assume that you O 12-48 hours later and then other places say BD until after the surge is over. I might not be the best candidate with my stenotic cervix to test what works better, but giving it the good ole' college try.

:dust: to everyone!

Mdc - Progessence Plus is a natural essential oil blend from Young Living. I used to be really into essential oils and I still would be if my husband didn't detest the smell of anything and everything with a fragrance. It balances your hormones and there are many success stories of women conceiving. The founder's wife was using a similar oil blend, Sclaressence, when she got pregnant at 58. I figure it's worth a shot, but I'm probably not going to order any right away. I'll try the supplement combo that I have for a couple of months first before adding anything else in.

Yesterday I went and got Maca, Royal jelly, and CoQ19 Ubiquinol, to add to my daily supplements (and Bromelain capsules for post ov since I don't like pineapple). I was just talking cheap prenatals and fish oil and doing paleo when I got my BFP in January. I also ordered some new prenatal vitamins called Fertile Woman One Daily that were crazy expensive, but if it helps improve my egg quality I figure I'll try it!

The wait is killing me already. We're supposed to wait until I've had 3 regular periods, but I think 2 is the most I'll be able to manage before trying again... unless I find out that something else caused the miscarraige, in which case, all these plans may be for nothing. I go Thursday for my follow up appt and hopefully they will be able to tell me the pathology results so I know what went wrong. Until I get the green light to try for another little blessing, I'll be living vicariously through you ladies who are actively trying!

:dust:

Thanks Dandi! Hoping your follow up appt goes well.

Hello All, I hope it's okay for me to join in. I'm 38 and TTC #1. I too did not feel the urge to have kids early in life. I recenlty married and decided we both would like to have a little one to chase around. we started trying in December 2014. We found out I we were pregnant on 2/26/15, only to miscarry on 3/3/15. i've gone through some of the treads on here and I would like to say i'm sorry to those who have also lost.

I'm new to this site and new to all the pregnancy/conceiving terms.
I hope the baby fairy visits us all.

:hugs:

:dust:

Hi everyone :) well no green light yet but still very optimistic . The consultant I went to see must have been a mind reader lol... He was LOVELY and so positive about ttc :) I wasn't expecting much about ttc at my appointment but he raised it as an issue first as my GP who referred me put it in my referral letter I was anxious to try again . He told me its likley I have Graves' disease and not thyroiditis as I'm still over active even with meds and he would have expected it to flip by now if it was the other . Won't bore you all with the medical stuff so ill get right to the interesting stuff about TTC . He said my levels are going in the right direction :thumbup: but not there yet . I can't ttc on my current medication as it can cause foetal abnormalities . He thinks to give me the best chance at TTC and a BFP , a successful sticky beanie my levels need to be right again . He is keeping me on my current meds for another 6-8 weeks and will see me again . He is keeping a close eye on me :happydance: usually appointments are 3-6 months apart !!! If levels have stabilised which he is hoping they will by then judging on last 3 blood draws he will swap my meds to one safe to conceive on .

This is the good bit !! He then said that " when I get pregnant " eeeek I love that man !!! He will keep me on the new meds for the firs tri ( safe for baby ) and switch me to the other med for the second and third tri . I was so concerned with me being an oldie he would just dismiss me but he was so encouraging .

Even with the bad news of having to wait again.... I felt tons better leaving the appointment : I've to have a scan and stuff between now and my next appointment too .

So ill be here as a cheerleader for now girls ::flower:

Welcome SFL! I am sorry for your loss, but this group of lovely ladies are full of support and information so you are in the right place.

Left, well crap sorry about the bad news but the doc sounds awesome and I am glad you like him. Glad he is seeing you so soon and sounds very of optimistic with the 'when you get pregnant talk'. Positivity is contagious :thumbup:

Royal jelly for egg health but its fantastic for all sorts of things. Good for men too, sperm wise. Remember it may take 3 months.

Maca for hormone regulation and energy.

Inconclusive about whether its ok to take when pregnant, so best to stop when you get bfp. Hope that helps.

I haven't tried any of these supplements - I've only been taking a gummi prenatal that seems to have an overabundance of a lot of B vitamins, folic acid, etc. I'll have to ask the RE if I should take any of these other items.

welcome SFL! I'm very sorry to hear of your recent loss. I've never gone through it but my heart just aches for all who have.

left - I'm sorry you still have to hold off! we're going to be TTC buddies! :) I'm glad you love your doc, that's half the battle these days. 6-8 weeks will fly by, look how quickly this last batch has! Overall, I'm VERY happy to hear that things are going in the right direction for you!! :flower: You and I can be the cheerleaders here!

Welcome SFL! I'm so very sorry for your loss. You'll find lots of support here. These ladies are wonderful.

Left- The wait sucks, but I think that sounds like a very promising appointment! So glad that your doctor sounds so caring and optimistic. I'll be on the cheerleading team for about 8 weeks too to keep you and Wish company. =)

Thanks for that info Tui! I had read something like that about Maca but I wasn't sure if it was saying to stop taking it after BFP or not. Glad you clarified for me!

Welcome sfl. Sorry for your loss.

I hope you hit lucky soon.

Hi! Im new here, and Im trying for my first and Im 38 as well! Im so happy you posted this! Im on the second round of clomid 100mg, praying this is it!!

Hi everyone :) my fellow cheerleader ;) lol..... We need to think of uniforms Hehehehehe

Welcome spark :) come join the party :) its one you want to get knocked up at:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->