38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

left - I can't wait for your update! good luck!

bajayby - welcome and good luck! what dpo are you? How long have you been trying? I guess I mean - what's your story, morning glory? ;) we now have two ladies from Ireland!! :)

ha ha!! 'What's the story, morning glory' :haha:...what a great welcome..thanks a million :winkwink:

Here's my story...I'm part of a ss couple..had my first IUI in Jan of this year, that was our first ever try...had my second attempt on the following cycle and here we are now...on our third attempt.

Today, Tuesday, I am 7dpiui. Have been feeling cramps on off for the past two days - they seemed to have stopped now though. I have sore bbs and apart from some creamy cm earlier today, I have no other symptoms.

Anybody considering IUI or want to ask me any questions, please feel free :thumbup:

Best of luck to all -I'm sending you all some 'luck o' the Irish' for the month that's in it :dust:

Good luck honey. I'm cd1 today and going to start trying again now my cycle is (hopefully) normal again.

I'll take some of that luck please. I'm a paddys day baby so a birthday bfp would be just great!

Good luck honey. I'm cd1 today and going to start trying again now my cycle is (hopefully) normal again.

I'll take some of that luck please. I'm a paddys day baby so a birthday bfp would be just great!

I am gladly sending you some luck @Tui. Best of luck this cycle, I have mt fingers crossed too. :winkwink:

thanks, bajay! luck 'o' the Irish right back atcha, but I only have a wee bit in me blood (though that's the only part that counts according to my grandmother!)

Welcome, sparkle - FF is Fertility Friend, an online Basal Body Temp tracking site where you can take your daily temp and track it to see if you have a biphasic (or triphasic) chart, proving that you did and when you ovulated. You can track a bunch of other things there too, like your symptoms, etc. You can compare charts to others, to your own past months. It's a great tool to help you to get to know your cycles.

left - HA! may the cheerleader uniforms help us in *other* ways to get to that BFP! ;)

Tui, thanks for the info. And best of luck this month!

Wish, I love me some gummy prenatals! So much better than horse pills.

Sparkly, welcome and good luck to you!

Dandi, left, and wish, love cheerleaders, but excited for these next months to fly by so you can get going again!

Bajaby, sounds like some promising symptoms, maybe cramping from implantation! Thanks for offering to talk about the IUI process. I am not there, but if I ever have to I am sure I will have a thousand questions!

Hello to everyone else out there.

My DH is a little too observant yesterday and caught me carrying an opk stick. Busted! Did not BD last night, but made up for it this morning. Kind of wanted to temp bc this is my first month and curious to see if I see a shift, but had to make the call an extra BD session bc hubby was waking up or temp....guess which won out :winkwink: Did an opk this afternoon and the surge is over so interested to see my temps in a couple days. Based on cervix watch :haha: this month it external OS feels open, but I guess we will see maybe it was the internal OS the radiologist was blocked. The SA has not returned yet, which sucks and may have to have DH call to check on it. Not sure if unless I have the paper results my doc will go over the results at my appt on the 19 (DH had a previous Vegas trip planned so he cannot come-lucky dog...he is going to miss all the fun. Not!) Likely on the symptoms spotting, yippee!

:dust:

Wow this place is hopping! I love it! I started this morning, and I've never ever been happier about it. I was on the phone 2 minutes later to schedule my cd 3 labs (Thursday) and that day I can set up the HSG. It's actually really hitting now. I'm trying to have a baby. A real human person that I am eternally responsible for. I am a university educated, home owning, professional who has been married for 13 years...and this is the most adult I've ever felt. It's bizarre.

Lol pot hole !! Its all go :) and just wait tll you start poas ( peeing on a stick ) lol... Do you think you will be a early or late tester . I've tired both ways in the Tww and testing early makes me less anxious I think . Haven't decided wha to do next time round .

Mdc so do you think your offically in the Tww ? If so when is testing day ?
Tui are you temping etc this cycle or just lots of b'ding ? Lol
Welcome baby jay hope this is your month

Dandi and wish are ye guys goona try do something to get your bodies baby ready ?? I've a friend on here chatting with her two years now , she is 43 LO is 18 months ttc again . No BFP for 8 months , changed her diet now two in a row ! I've asked her for the details . Ill share when I get them lol .. She is putting it down to the changes in her diet
Anyone I've missed sorry as I'm sure there are some lol...

I absolutely believe that changes to the diet can help. We had been trying for a year and I didn't get my first BFP until I started eating a paleo diet. I went off of it during the pregnancy because I wanted junk food so much. I'm going back to paleo now and hope I can stay strict with it at least through the first tri of the next BFP if I'm so lucky.

pothole - it's crazy, right?? Even after over a year of trying, I saw a car commercial last night about from a mom's perspective, looking at her daughter through the years and how she's grown up in the back of her Suburu or something. I kinda freaked like 'am I ready for this responsibility?!' But yeah - I've been selfish enough, I want to bring a little Wish+Wish's DH into this world!

left - good question. I haven't really changed anything b/c I don't feel that I eat too badly. The only bad things I really crave are pizza and popcorn, and wine. Since Jan, I've started working out a bit more and I've lost around 4 lbs (not a lot for 2+ months, but I don't have a lot to lose to begin with). I would like to lose 5 more but I don't think this is what is hindering my baby-making. I really think it's DH's sperm and my eggs (his 2nd SA was worse than his first). To lose the weight, I've cut back on coffee (for the sugar) and am drinking way more green tea, trying to add more veggies and fruit to my diet and cutting back on carbs (even cut out croutons on my salad! GAH!).

I am very curious to see what your friend did, though. Maybe I can roll a few more changes into this. And I just sent a note inquiring about a local gym here that offers kickboxing - I think I want to add that to the workout routine!

dandi - I give you props! A colleague of mine was doing paleo and his and his wife both lost 20 lbs! that ones seems really hard/rigid to follow but if it works...!

Hi all! Sorry for the pause, but just back from our minibreak in NYC! We had a great time and ran ourselves ragged with all the walking. It was warmish and just felt so nice to be outside!

Welcome to the newcomers!

I decided to take a cheapie test before we left on our trip and it was a solid BFN. Tomorrow is test day according to FF, and hoping that if AF is going to come she just hurries up and arrives today. I realize that I'm going to be traveling for two nights for work in my next window. Gah!

DH is back to work, but I've got the rest of the week off, doing some projects and relaxing at home.

kpme - welcome back! Glad you had a good time! any chance you tested too early before? a solid week or so before actual test day, I'd think it's very possible. Feeling anything?

Good morning everyone.

Pothole, I remember how it felt that first month, so adult-like. Good luck with all the tests!

Left, yes I am in the TWW. I usually try not to test early bc not sure if I could handle a faint positive and then a negative. Although since I have never had a bfp, even if it would be a chemical at least I would know it is possible. Hmmm, decisions decisions. I will likely test Monday the 23rd (day before AF) my LP is on the longish side (15-16 days). Guess that is good but makes for a long tww.

Dandi, good luck with paleo, it is hard I know but have heard lots of success stories.

Wish, yum...craving pizza now. Lol! Sorry about the second SA is down a bit, but hopefully with taking the next step it does not matter.

Kpme, welcome back. Sorry about the bfn, but i like what wish said....maybe too early. Fingers crossed for when you test again! Work travel makes things hard. Both DH and I travel a bit for work. I had a dream one time that I made him fly out to BD bc I was in my window. :haha:

Hello to everyone else!

Ok, I finally get why temping is so fun. Got my first verified shift and cross-haired my O! I was like a little kid when ff showed I O'd. :haha: I am officially DPO 4, so now just a waiting game. Nothing yet just a little constipation which is weird for me, but way too early to tie that to anything.

Hello Everyone,

Kpme- Glad you had a good mini vacation. Which dpo did you test? It may be early as Wish and Mdc say. Don’t give up hope yet. Fx for you.

Mdc- Yay for the cross-haired. You are headed in the right direction. Good luck this cycle.

Wish- Thanks for being a cheerleader:) I too cheer you in your journey. All the best. Btw my birthday is October, DH's is December like you and he is always excited like a kid that month coz of 3 things we celebrate.

Left- Am happy to hear the good news on your appointment. So encouraging. Time flies before you know it you will be ttc again.

Skweek- I didn’t get to enjoy the Indian food. Fell sick that weekend. Maybe next time. Hope you are well.

I do hope the rest of the group is doing well and excited to meet the new comers.
Baby dust to us all!

AFM, DH had a bad cold with a lot of coughing , joint pains, sore throat and passed it on to me this last weekend. Didn’t do much other than stayed at home and nursed ourselves back to health. I finally got my peak on opk yesterday, cd16 and did bd yesterday and will try and have a session today and the next couple of days if we can. This cycle it’s a relaxed one for me…. Not stressing our like the last couple cycles.

Mdc yipeeee for crosshairs its exciting when you get them :) I especially love getting solid ones ;)

I suppose you all could be right. I was 12dpo when I tested before my trip. I've really had very little symptoms, which is also why I think AF is about to show. Though for the past two days my boobs are KILLING me. I groaned when I took my bra off last night. But that could go either way, obvi.

I think I'm going to wait it out to see if AF show today and if not, I will test tomorrow. Today's vacation project is to research accupuncture stuff. Has anyone tries/considered it?

I hope so, kp!

I had a friend that did acupuncture and she did get pregnant. That said, she's also had at least 3 mcs so I don't know that the acupuncture was directly related or coincidental.

Happy Friday everyone! I think I O'ed over the past day or so - no BD'ing. BUT, this should be my last O with no trying! Though I'm assuming you don't actually 'try' with IVF. Sheesh - so much to learn! Anyway, next O is going to hopefully coincide with our trip to New Orleans! I would LOVE to conceive in my most favorite city and the city where we got engaged!!! <3
(I've even contemplated suggesting 'Nola' as a middle name if we have a girl :) it's not a terribly pretty-sounding name to my ears but I love what it means to me!)

Star, good luck with the BD and I hope you feel better.

Kpme, cannot wait to hear your test results! Fx'd. I have thought about acu a bit, and there are some studies that it did help especially those in IVF. I am a bit terrified of needles, so not sure how it would relax me. I am such a baby. :haha:

Wish, yeah that it is the last cycle not trying!!! I absolutely love Nola!!! Such a cute name and an amazing story behind it (especially when you conceive her there :winkwink:)

Not much on my side but boring DPO 5. The nips are a tad sore which is odd for me because I do not get that. Actually I never have much feeling in them much to the disappointment of DH. Guess I should not have told him and 'played along', not that I ever just play along. :rofl: So glad it is almost the weekend, and hope you ladies have a great one!

OMG! You girls were right! I decided to take a test later today, and it was positive!!!! I guess SMEP Worked!!! I then decided to double check the dollar store test with the one higher quality one that I have and it was almost an instantaneous positive! I am so excited!

This puts me at 5w, 2d by LMP. I called my OBs office and they are going to have me come for an US on Apr. 3! And then go back for my first appt on Apr. 10. All so exciting! It feels a bit surreal. I've really had very very few symptoms (unlike last time), except my boobs are killing me. I went out and bought a new sports bra today to see if it helps some. I can't believe you girls were right!

Yay Kpme! Oh my gosh am sooooooooo happy for you. Have you told DH yet? Thats some good news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->