38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Left: How fun! I want to try a green milkshake! Yea, i can't believe i'm almost halfway done. I'm getting excited to meet this kid. :baby:

Tuesday is my HSG and I'm starting to freak out a little. Any words of advice out there? Is it crazy that I'm hoping the problem is me and not DH? I just don't think he would handle it well at all.

Hey Pothole-
I had my HSG a few weeks before I got my BFP. I took 800 mg Ibuprofen about one hour before the procedure. It was easy for me. I've had pap smears that were more uncomfortable. It showed one block tube, but I got pregnant anyhow. Hope it's as easy for you and all is well anatomically!

Tuesday is my HSG and I'm starting to freak out a little. Any words of advice out there? Is it crazy that I'm hoping the problem is me and not DH? I just don't think he would handle it well at all.

I felt the same. Men are crap at that sort of knowledge. All will be fine. SOooo many people get pregnant after a HSG. You will be next xx

Thanks tui and Jessie! Hubs was supposed to go last week for his analysis. He ended up with a stomach bug so he rescheduled for tomorrow. Honestly, I think he psyched himself out about it to the point of physical illness. I understand fully why women are the ones who go though childbirth.

Yes men do not handle it well ..... Lol ........ I think we would be extinct as a species if we let them take charge of this end of buisness !!!

Kpme -CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! This group has the good mojo. It is nice to see so many BFP in our age group. It gives me hope.

omg, I can't believe I missed your post by minutes last friday, kpme!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :wohoo: :dance:

pothole - i'm with the ladies, my HSG was better than a pap, though there were more people in the room. But I had some great ladies that were walking me through the entire process and when it was over, I was like 'that's it?'. I didn't take anything beforehand and I was fine, but I was told to take ibuprofin just in case. I hope you're one of the magically fertile ones right after and get your BFP!

thanks all about the name 'Nola'! We'll see - I haven't told DH that idea yet, I figure I'll save that card for when we're actually pregnant. :) He already thinks I'm too obsessed with NO, I don't think he's going to go for the name! Jessie - I love the name Lola too!!

Getting 2nd varicella shot this Thurs. We did BD this past Friday, which would have been around O time, so I'm hoping I didn't royally mess something up. I mean, the chances are super slim anyway but if we did catch that egg, it won't even come up on a test by Thursday (would be 7dpo). Grrr...

Hello everyone! Looking forward to hear some of the symptoms spotting in the next few weeks. I think Sha and Star are there, but maybe some others. :winkwink:

Pothole, I can understand your worry about the HSG. I was not able to get mine completed, but most people say it was no big deal. I would do the 800 IBU 1 hr prior and try your best to relax. My tech and doc were so nice and reassuring which made me feel better. I agree that you kind of want it to be you. I was so certain after my initial blood work that it was likely going to just be a timing issue or maybe DH. Sort of shocked when it might be part me with my stenotic cervix, but I am full on board with doing what ever needs to happen to get the job done. DH hated the SA also, and he was bothered by it. Maybe they will let him bring in a sample? It would take the pressure off.

Wish, me being the geeky pharmacist I looked up some things on the Varicella vaccine and pregnancy. According to the CDC it is only a theoretical risk about pregnancy and the potential risks. They do not recommend anything if you do fall pregnant and it is not a reason to consider termination. The manufacture had a pregnancy registry and after 17 years of monitoring those who got the injection and became pregnant within 3 months there have been no cases of congenital varicella syndrome or risk for other birth defects. I think you are in the clear, the registry is voluntary but 17 years was good enough for them to stop tracking because it was not worth monitoring any more :thumbup:

Not much going on with me on DPO8. I had a huge temp spike on Friday, but it was likely because hubby and I got in a silly argument and he decided he wanted to apologize at 445 am when he could not fall back asleep. Sweet he could not wait to apologize, but really at that early hour. :dohh: I have much more creamy CM this month which I think is unusual, but maybe not because I have only really been charting my secondary symptoms last month. Right now my stress is that I gave my two week notice today, and just waiting on HR to reach out to me. I feel 99% sure there will be no snags but I am just a worrywart. :haha:

:dust:

Thank you so much, mdc!! I read the same but you wrote it in a better way that made more sense! :)

I hope your spike is the opposite of an implantation dip like with Lanfear (I forget who knows who here, she's on a few other threads). She had a HUGE spike one night and thinks that was her implantation b/c it was paired with back and hip pain. The egg must have rocketed into her uterine lining! FX'ed you start feeling more symptoms soon!

Hi All,

Hope you are all good. Congrats to all of the new BFPs. Soz to those who the witch got, fx'd for your next cycle.

I'm sorry to say that I'm out and will be out for a while.

I've had three consecutive failed IUIs :cry: and need to take some time out to gather myself emotionally, psychologically and physically.

I will decide on my next step and use the time to save some money for what that might be.

I'll be popping online every now and then to ask for advice or have some questions answered, but won't be back in a tww forum for a while.

I'd like to wish you all the very best with TTC and TWW.

:dust: to all.

:hugs: :flower:

Bajayby, what crappy news and I am so sorry to hear. Take care of yourself and come back when you are ready.

Wish, you are most welcome. As for the temp spike I do stalk the other threads, so I almost thought the same thing. Fingers crossed, but no other symptoms so who knows. I did not temp this morning because I was we were at a hotel for an event and forgot my thermometer. So we will see tomorrow.

I got a temp spike at 6dpo with my BFP !! And that cm sounds promising !!
Baby jay sorry she got you :( come back and join us when you are ready , we will all be waiting :) AFM I offically have the worst diet ever !!! I can't stop eating crap !!! I got a HUGE appetite increase when my thyroid went over active and now have gotten into such bad habits !!! Come shopping day all the goodies are being banned !!

Hi ladies, Oh my gosh so much action I've just caught up on!!!
Firstly - KPME Congrats hun!!! I'm sooo happy for you!!! I had insanely sore boobies for more of my 1st tri.

Pothole - my DD is an HSG baby!!! just 6 weeks post HSG scan I got knocked up!! My SIL took just 2 weeks!! You will be next hun!!

I'm really sorry to everyone else for not giving a personal comment - just so much has happened on here recently!!

AFM - well I am half expecting AF to show up tomorrow. I had a bit of a bleed last Friday afternoon and nothing since then! I've been testing for the past 4 days and HPT's are still bright white!!! So either I have a dodgy set of HPT's or AF will arrive by the weekend! Time will tell

Got to go, meant to be planning lessons for work/school tomorrow!

Baby dust to you all!

bajayby - I'm so sorry to hear that. :( talk about giving it your all and being let down. Please take care of yourself and OH and come back to us when you're ready, like mdc said.

left - you're so funny! I actually started this 'Game On' competition diet with a friend of mine today. Google it if you want - it's pretty crazy. High opportunity to fail with this one - who drinks 3L of water a DAY??

mdc - can't wait to see your temps tomorrow!

skweek!! I hope it was IB!! FX'ed!

afm - I'm having a 2nd night/day of TERRIBLE gas/heartburn, bloating, bubbles and a bit of nausea. I didn't eat badly today (see new diet above), but I did have a half glass of Jack & ginger and some homemade pizza yesterday. I was ok when i woke up today but it's increased again. Blahhhhh. Only 3dpo so can't be anything related, though there are quite a few women who say they were nauseous as soon as sperm hit the egg. Gross.

Hello all?

Bajayby- Am sorry about AF. Hoping for the best in your future endevors. Hang in there, theres a light at the end of the tunnel. Thinking of you.

Pothole- All the best with your Test tomorrow. Hope it gives way to a BFP.

Nothing new here, 4 dpo. No symptoms no nothing:) The rest of the Ladies, am thinking about you all and praying for the best in this ttc. Even the ones who are dieting:) all the best. Will chat more later. Just about to punch in and take care of sick Pts.

Stay well everybody:)

Wish: Don't worry! If you are pregnant this kid will be a superhero! I second what MDC says.
Bajayby: definitely give yourself a little break but don't give up!!

All this talk of BD'ing... my hubby and i had some fun on Saturday afternoon and the BABY DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL. He/She did this crazy turn and my belly took on the strangest shape. Sex while pregnant is very interesting.

No sign of AF. I keep thinking "where is she?" I'm on our first cycle of Clomid so that might have something to do with it. Last month I was on progesterone and the nurse said that's what caused the long LP. I'm CD14. Usual lengthy is 15 days and no sign yet. The only cramps I've had was not AF style but more progesterone twinges in top uterus area. What gives?

Pothole, good luck! I totally agree that DH would be a flipping mess if things were possibly "wrong" on his end. When I told him on Friday that we were pg, his first response was some goofy crap about how good his swimmers are, or some other nonsense. ;)

Afm, first day back at work after vacation week. It was really nice to get the news while on vacation so I could just be in a whirl for a few days before settling down to go back to normal life. Feeling good. Will eventually come over to the other thread but feeling a bit timid because of the risk of mc. I'm feeling positive but anxious as I approach 6w.

Good luck to those of you in the TWW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->