38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

good morning, ladies! :coffee: I have a marathon day of conference calls so I thought I would check in. Actually, if they are boring and I'm not essential, I'll prob be on a few more times throughout the day. Who am I kidding?

hahahaha jessie - I've often wondered about that!

sugar - let's hope it means a BFP for you!

pothole - good luck today! check in when you can.

Skweek, still hoping for some color on your sticks! I hate stark white. Lol!

Wish, that diet seems fun and partly bc I love competition. I love hate those days with those calls, but sometimes I get my best multitasking done then...including of stalking this site!

Star, hopefully work will keep you busy and the DPO wait goes fast.

Jessiecat, I bet that was such a weird feeling. I think my DH would probably freak the heck out. Ha!

Sugargully, hopefully no sign of the witch continues! GL.

Kpme, back to the grind probably feels a little different now :winkwink: I don't blame you for being timid, but I am sure everything will be perfect! Hopefully the next week flys by!

Pothole, hope the test went well!

Hello to everyone else!

I really feel I should be DPO 14!!!! Longest tww ever and I have 6 days to go before I test. Just DPO 9 not many symptoms but still early. My nips are still a little sore/tingly, but more than likely bc I have been messing with them. :Rolf: Thought I might have had a little cramping on my right side of the uterus but could be my bowels. Ugh what a nasty name, bowels. Any hoo hope everyone is having a great day and :dust: to all!

Well that was just completely f#cking awful. Seriously. I didn't bleed this much during my last period. Its apparently not typical, but irritation can cause some bleeding. Pain was so bad that I panicked and made things worse. Finally got flow through left tube, but right was either spasming, blocked, or the dye had just all flown out the left after 4.5 minutes of no movement at all. Which caused a second wave of panic, because as much as I wanted it not to be DH (and his tests came back perfect, so he's happy), it was like a punch to the sternum when I saw that triangle fill up, and nothing flowed out. I wanted to cry. Actually I should have. Maybe the sobbing I did in the parking lot would have loosened things up a bit. I know I have one working, and I only need one, but jeez that felt super crappy. I got all of my bloodwork back, but my follow up is not till next Thursday. So if any of you lovely ladies understand these abbreviations and numbers, I'd love the input. Otherwise, I'll end up researching it all on wedmd and probably diagnosing with something horrible...like feline leukemia.

Sorry it was so crappy honey. Try not to panic. I'm sure your bloods are fine. If any was bad they would have you in asap. And hey, look on the bright side, one super clear tube woo hoo! Next month bfp!

Oh no pothole! big internet hug. So sorry it sucked. I got pregnant with one working tube so don't worry!!! The working tube will sometimes pick up the egg from the opposite ovary...i swear this is why we have two of *almost everything- if one structure/organ fails then the other picks up the slack. (altho sometimes i wish we had two brains)

Pothole its most definetly possible to get pg with one tube ! Jessie is right the other tube over compensates and picks the egg up from the opposite side also . So many ladies who have had tubes removed after ectopic pg go on to have healthy pregnancies :) didn't sound like a very nice experience though :( thankgoodness its over !!!

Pothole, sorry that sounds terrible! But you made it through! You are one step closer!

pothole, I'm so sorry you had such a horrible experience! I feel like we all lied, but I know everyone is different. And I thought of Jessiecat immediately when you said you could have one blocked tube. Your other one is clear as a bell now, so you still have a really strong chance.
I don't know all of the blood test acronymns offhand but I know they usually tell you the 'good' range they want to see you in, and if you have a good doc, they'll tell you what too much/little of something might mean. Like my thyroid was a smidge high, but would be normal for someone not TTC'ing. So they did it again and it was normal. But it could have meant overactive thyroid and they'd have dealt with that.
Part of the good part about all of this is you are now armed with all of this information, as is the doc, and you can figure out a plan of attack. Not knowing, you and DH would just continue down the same path.
I hope you're doing ok today! :hugs:

mdc - I love a good competition too but this diet sucks! it's so HARD to drink 3L of water a day and then have every meal (which is 5 small ones) be 1 protein (palm-sized), 1 card (fist-sized) and 1 fat (thumb-sized) plus veggies. So it's tough to actually even get points, which is frustrating!!

I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't go as well as you hoped Pothole! But the others are right, all you need is one. I'm cheering on "lefty" for you and hoping she brings your golden egg to the party soon!

Pothole, oh I am so sorry. I can only imagine how difficult that 4.5 plus minutes must have been, but I agree with all the other ladies it only takes one tube. Try not to beat yourself up thinking it is your fault, but I know it is hard. I was a complete mess after my HSG attempt but it does get easier and you still have a stellar chance. If you want to send the numbers and acronyms (or private message me) I can put on my pharmacist hat on and see if I can help you if you want. Feline leukemia is no joke, but I am sure the numbers will not lead you down that path. :winkwink: Big Internet hug!!!!!

Wish, geez I just saw part of the diet that does seem hard and must take a lot of prep work. Good luck, but just think of the pounds melting off!

Hello to everyone else and hopefully there was some green beer or milkshakes consumed.

So I had the elusive BFP dream last night, but in the same dream I was kidnapped and my kidnapper tried to put me in a straight jacket. I am not a dream interpreter but if I get a BFP this month I will be on high alert for either a kidnapper or a mental break down. :rolf: Only thing I felt yesterday was a bad headache in the evening so nothing yet. Ticktock ticktock. :dust:

Thank you all so much for the hugs, encouragement, and well wishes. I decided to stay home today and just have a mental health day. I love my job, I really do; but I am sore and more than a little weepy right now. Tomorrow I will get up, put my grown up girl pants on, and face the future with more information than I've ever had. Today however I will indulge in my day of extreme pissed -offedness that I am paying people to torment my body to achieve something that 4 of my cousins managed to accomplish before graduating high school.

What is it about teenagers and ho's ......

Take care today xx

Enjoy your duvet day ! We ALL need one of them every now and again xx this one was well deserved

Mdc: interpretation- all this pregnancy/baby making talk is making you crazy, hence the straightjacket. :winkwink: I was OBSESSED with getting pregnant. Now all my dreams involve me giving birth while on the toilet.
I'm not kidding. I need to look up what I need to do if that happens...

Wish: I tried the Atkins years ago when it was all the rage and i lasted one week. Making all the meals was exhausting! Can you just cut out unhealthy stuff to make it easier on yourself? white sugar, white flour?

Pothole: Just think of how much better off your baby will be than your teen cousins' babies.

Hi to the rest of you ladies!

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry Pothole you had a bad experience with your test. Hope your day was better today compared to yesterday. Hoping for good news.

I went for my annual paps/physical today and my OB suggested the HSG test and some labs work next cycle if I don’t conceive this cycle. But after reading Pothole post, Men… am scared..... we will see. 6dpo here, no symptoms noted. Just busy with work and that makes the days go quicker and not obsess on any symptoms, or invent any symptoms:)

Hoping everybody else is doing well.

Star, after reading up on it today, I know that my experience was the exception, not the rule. Please don't be scared. My situation started bad and snowballed, but it won't be like that for everyone. If I had it to do over again, I'd ask if I could keep my shoes on. I know that sounds absurd, but the table didn't have traditional stirrups since its an x-ray table and you need to be flat. The foot rests were flush with the table and very narrow. If I'd had my shoes on, I could have braced against the pressure of the speculum and the pain of the cervix clamp. As it was, bracing was not only difficult with socks on, but painful because of the narrow metal footrest. With nothing to bear down on, my body tensed up and made everything harder to insert. Then once everything was finally in and I could breathe, the dye started. That pain was nowhere near as sharp, but again, I was crazy tense. I started freaking out when nothing was flowing, which didn't help either. The nurses were completely wonderful and I probably wouldn't have ever gotten flow if they hadn't calmed me down. The bleeding I had is likely the result of being so tense during the procedure. Its not exactly the most spacious area of your anatomy to begin with, and clenching your entire body is certainly not going to make those instruments go in any easier. But its an important test and I am much more prepared for the future because of it. Don't let my bad day keep you from really valuable information. You've got this. And if you get in there and see a flat metal table with no stirrups, keep your shoes on. ;)

I love how you've turned around, pothole - re-examination of the entire experience. Well done. It still stinks that it sucked so bad for you but at least you're out on the other side of it.
I'd like a duvet day...I assume I'll be needing one over the next few months once we get this IVF stuff underway.

tui - you're hysterical

:wave: to left, star, shar, dandi, mdc, kpme, skweek, sugar and anyone else I missed! (and kiley - I know you be creepin'!)

Jessie - you know, it's tough to just make sure you have all 3 ingredients and you're portioning out right. I've done the 3L of water/day 2 days now so that's getting easier. I figured out that an afternoon protein shake with a tsp of natural peanut butter is the BEST thing ever. Tonight is my 'free' meal, out with friends, so I don't have to think of something for that. And Saturday is my 'free' day, so I'm looking forward to that! And I've already lost 3lbs in 4 days!!! :dance:

Tui, I spit out my drink when I read your post. Too funny!

Jessiecat, love the interpretation! Birth on the toilet, I guess that is a different version of a water birth :rofl:

Star, hopefully this is your month and no need for any tests. Fx'd!

Pothole, what a quick turn around and glad you are feeling better. Duvet day must have helped. Hoping for a BFP this month. Good SA results and a newly open tube sounds like a good combo to me!

Wish, sounds like you are doing awesome in your challenge and already seeing results!

Hello to everyone else!

Afm, just chilling and waiting for my dr appt this afternoon. Yikes! Not sure what to expect. Still no results from the stupid SA, so I have a call in to the office to see if they will still share the results with me since DH is on a flight to Vegas. I totally forgot when I made the appt he was going to be gone. :dohh: I hate HIPPA sometimes. I have been feeling a little more bloated as usual, and heaviness in my uterus (totally weird feeling) but likely just from the bloating. So DH finally caught on I was temping, he noticed my alarm at 630 the last couple of days so I told him what I was doing. He was kind of cute asking questions about the chart, then he asked why he did not notice me taking my temp in the morning. I cocked my head and he was like ohhhh....you are taking it by mouth...make sure if I get sick not the use that thermometer on me. :haha:

Hi ladies, in CD 2 and AF cramps have finally settled down. I've never had a bleed like that. TMI alert... When I removed the first tampon it gushed out a clot. Heaviest bleed I've ever seen.

I heard Clomid thins lining so I'm a bit confused. Did it create a thinker lining or was it so thin that it is quickly shedding? I wanted to ask the nurse yesterday when I called for my refill but it didn't cross my mind. I wish I was back with the RE so I can be monitored. The OB is so hands off.

On a positive note, I'm finding clinics offering IVF for less than $7000 in the Houston Texas area. Might be a possibility for us after all!

Thinking of all of you. Dust!

Sugar sorry about the witch not sure about the clot, so cannot help there. Wow 7k for IVF sounds like a steal!

So...I should have been more prepared.

Words like lidocaine in the cervix + metal rods + HSG + low morphology = dilation/IUI recommendation queue full melt down. My doc is so awesome poor thing I made her cry. Geez, I can count on one hand how many melt downs I have had in my entire lifetime exactly three. One when I was split from my ex husband and two in the last two weeks. This TTC sh*t is not for the faint of heart. Screw the tww this week I am going to happy hour. In moderation of course. Lol! The doc is very positive and suggested two rounds of non-medicated IUIs and three medicated if we need. She also said go as fast or slow as we want, and she would refer us to an RE at any time. She feels very confident of a BFP within six months. Still overall it still sucks the big one. Now I just need to talk with hubby so we can decide when to do this. If the witch starts next week technically I could do it all before and get an IUI before I start traveling for my new job. That may be pushing it though, I might just take a ttc break and start it all in three months that way I can get settled in my new job. Good thing we booked a vacay to St. Thomas in May to give me something except needles, rods, and catheters to look forward to. Sigh, what we do to get a BFP. You all are right if it was up to the guys the race would die out. I do not know what I would do without this group to vent to, I seriously think I would explode. :dust: and miracles to all!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->