38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Hello Everybody,

Just looked into little shop Tui, beautiful stuff you got in there.

Wish- I don't know what my body is also doing?!I also join the short cycle group this time around. AF showed yesterday...it sure was one of the shortest cycle i have ever had....26 days. Now onward to Amazing April:). Hey Wish hope all goes well with your appt tomorrow.

Hello to everybody else:)

No way !!!! Star and wish !! I'm in the short cycle club too AF arrived today at cd 22 !!! WTF !!! And I'm happy to say its full on flow , cramps n all !!! I'm Delighted !! Its more evidence that my thyroid is Improving :) I ACTUALLY filled a tampon today (tmi) sorry lol... But for the last 6 months I've had such light short periods they were non existent . Today I'm happy :)

Got my next appointment with endo on 11th of May . Hope I've levelled off enough for to change my meds to safe ttc ones and gives me the green light !! Can't believe I've period cramps its been well over two years since I've experienced one !!!

Thank you all so much for the thoughts and interesting conversation about our backgrounds.

Jessiecat, yeah good old manual manipulation with rods for me to stretch the cervix. Talked to my BFF and she had it done also. She said it is not too bad just some cramping. Guess the cervix is weird and most women do not feel the lidocaine injections. Not sure how that is possible but I will go with it.

Maui, temps look good still on dpo 13.

Tui, super opk batman! Hope you had lots of BDing fun this weekend. I checked out your site, and very cute stuff!

Star, HH was great. Oddly enough the girl I had a drink with is also having some trouble TTC, so we swapped notes. Sorry AF got you! Seems like she is showing up early for a lot of folks.

Wish, I cannot believe your appt is here! I hope it goes well and more punches in the gut. You have had enough and you are not even a boxer!

Sugar, glad AF is done quick so you get to start early this month!

Left, glad AF seems like she is getting more regular, bet you never wanted cramps like that ever :winkwink:

Hello to everyone else!

I think the stenosis got the better of us this month, so likely out. Temp down, spotting, and slight cramps. :cry: Guess I expected it this month so not so surprised. Next month it is. Haven't decided what to do yet about the tests, but might do dilation and HSG next week before I start my new job. Not quite the fun I was expecting for a week off of work :nope: I think a couple of you are out there still waiting to test this month so I am sending my extra baby dust your way! :dust:

hi girls! I'm sorry AF got you mdc - stretch that cervix out!!

left - I can't believe you had an early AF too!! geez - I knew cycles aligned when you were close with other women but virtually - that's insane! ;)

the RE appt went well today!!! We're going to wait one more month to get started - I have my 2nd varicella shot on Thursday and then we have our trip to New Orleans right when she would have wanted me to start being monitored, so we're just going to live it up for one more month! They even said 'don't worry about drinking alcohol or coffee - have a ball!' So we'll begin a day or so after we get back. I'm going to be slammed at work between now and then, plus this diet and the new workout (kickboxing, coincidentally, mdc!!!!) so I'll be in some good shape to get knocked up! WOOOO!!

Awh wish that sounds like a great plan ! I'm so glad it went well and it will be all systems go when you get back from your trip after copious amounts of alcohol and coffee ;) so what happens first have they explained any of the procedures to you ?

Left- your AF sounds promising! First and only time you are probably happy about AF! I hope that means your levels are close enough to normal!

To everyone the witch caught- I am sending major baby dust vibes your way for the Month of April!!! I need some more nausea buddies!

Tui- I am waiting patiently with you!

Wish- your plan sounds absolutely perfect. Praying that this is what gives you those pink lines on your pregnancy test!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Thanks Kiley.

4dpo......:coffee:.......

Hope everyone is ok. I'm going to drive everyone nuts for the next week, so apologies now :haha:

My goodness, I cant believe some of us had AF almost a day after each other.

Wish- Glad you are almost done with your Shots. Just tomorrow and you will be done. Have fun at New Orleans and drink as much you can before your start your IVF process.

Tui- No apologies…keep on keeping us updated on your progress.

Left- I have never seen somebody excited about cramps like you:) but I know why though . Yay to your cycle coming back to normal. May will be here before you know it. Hope you get that green light on that day.

Kiley- Hopefully we all join the nausea club and keep you company.. :) Are you still nauseated alot?

Mdc- Glad you enjoy the HH. Guess what, I also found out one of my fellow nurse I work with has also been ttc for a year. In fact she is going to have her fibroids removed next month and then wait to get a go ahead for ttc again from her Dr. We have never talked about ttc and we have worked together for a year now, same unit, same shift until when we went for morning drinks today. Yes, morning drinks- pls don’t judge:) I work at night so morning is like night to us night shifters, so we sometimes go for morning drinks and breakfast after work). Its so strange not so many people talk about ttc openly to other people unless they are close to them or you have the same goal of ttc ( me included). Mdc, whatever decision you make about the tests….am wishing you the best. But don’t take long deciding:). As you said you may do dilation and HSG before you start your new job I think that’s a good idea.

Afm, CD4 today and am scheduled to have HSG on Saturday and DH is scheduled to have SA on Monday next week. Still nervous of the HSG but will still do it.

Baby dust to all.

Star morning drinks and breakfast sounds lovely lol.... Must try it sometime ;) lol....

Wish, don't forget the beignets! I love NO so I will live vicariously through you!

Hi Kiley! Glad you are still cheering us along :winkwink:

Tui, I think it is impossible to drive us crazy. I love hearing about the TWW symptoms, although I hate the waiting while I am in it. Ha!

Star, no judging from me about morning drinks! Makes perfect sense, and it is crazy there are so many folks in the same position and surprising why it is not talked about more. Good luck with the HSG.

Talked to DH last night about what our options are. I did get kind of upset because he is just so matter of fact about the whole thing. I will blame it on the witch making me so emotional. I am cd2 and called my doc to schedule the dilation and get her to refer me to a RE for the HSG rather than the hospital. So star with any luck my HSG will be just a couple days after you! When I called no one seemed to know about the procedure I was asking for, so they have to call me back. I think we will wait a couple months for the IUI and just see what happens. We did get a copy of the SA results so I was reading a note at the bottom. I just had to share. Diagnosis mild male factor do to low normal morphology, otherwise normal and promising semen parameter, and please note impending female age factor (37 1/2). I burst out laughing. Totally had to be a guy that wrote it!

Well in that case, I have backache this morning, lol.

Funny at our age we are positively geriatric when ttc! Rubbish.

Rubbish is right !! Its based on the last research completed in the 1800 !!!! When people only loved till 60 !!!! Good god someone needs to tell them that 40 is the new 30 ;)

I'm dying laughing at the SA note! Hahahaha! Had to be a man... lol.

left - yeah, they explained EVERYTHING to us, and also added 'I don't expect you to remember all of this but you'll have a nurse call you just about every day to tell you what to do next', so that's good. So first I'll go on BCP for about 3 weeks to suppress everything. Then I'll be doing stims (stimulation drugs injected into my stomach) for a few days. Then I add in an 'antogonizer' that will stop me from ovulating on my own. Throughout this I'll have a few blood tests and ultrasounds so they can watch the follicles grow. Once they see some good follicles, it's time for the egg retrieval process, which is an actual surgery. I don't know if I go to sleep or if I'm just under enough, but I'll not be driving home on my own. The whole thing takes about 15 mins. So then they have the eggs, DH has already given his boys, and they'll put them in their petrie (sp?) dishes. Depending on how DH's sample looked, they'll either let them fertilize themselves or they will use ICSI, which is taking one sperm and injecting it into the egg. At this time, I also start progesterone suppositories (a gel, like PreSeed).
THEN they will watch each embie as it progresses over 3-5 days, pick the two that look the best and it's time for the transfer. When they transfer, they're also going to do 'assisted hatching', which is nicking the egg with a laser so some of the cells leak out a little bit - this is what happens when the egg attaches to the uterine lining, so it'll help implantation (also heightens risk of identical twins by a percent or so). Then......I'm in my TWW. Or I think I'll be PUPO - pregnant until proven otherwise! ;) I take a blood test 2 weeks later - can't take an HPT b/c I'll be filled with pregnancy hormones already.
So I think by the beginning/middle of June, we'll know! I really hope this takes on the first try! I definitely have a shot at my twins too, hahaha. Oh lord, DH will KILL me if I'm actually hoping for this! :haha:

I'm so full of excitement for things to come. NO is my most favorite place - don't worry, can't forget about the beignets, mdc!! My folks will be there with us and it's their first time. I'm going to love showing them around. We're having my bday dinner here: www.muriels.com. It's supposed to be haunted!

anyway -sorry for all the rambling and thank you for all of the support!!!

tui - please, you are NOT bothering us at all! I love hearing about all of the symptoms, though at the same time I don't want us all to drive ourselves bonkers either.
mdc - my DH is the same. I asked him how he was feeling about things after the appt and he was like 'how am I feeling? it doesn't look like there are too many options for us, so it is what it is.' Allllrighty then. He's 'fine' with everything. Honestly, I think it's the impending bills that worry him the most. Hidden costs and such that the insurance carrier isn't telling us. I hope there are no huge surprises.

Thanks for the update wish. Exciting times for you ahead. I'd love twins, lol. I don't think DH would be up for ivf so if we don't achieve a healthy pregnancy next time I think that's it for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->