38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Out of curiosity, do any of you put stock in the Chinese gender predictions? I ask because every single one I've looked at is different, but they all say boy this month, girl next month. I have eight nephews. There are no granddaughters on either side of our families. So I feel pretty sure we'll get a boy, as I think our parents are destined to shades of blue. And that's perfect. Boys are awesome and I'd have loads of hand me downs and time tested advice. But, a girl...guys that would be kind of neat, as all the other siblings are done. This it it. The last grandchild on both sides. Thoughts?

Left: You are sooo patient!

Wish: I'm going to write that down on my to-do Seattle list: Beecher's.

Pothole: I tried the chinese gender prediction and i got girl. I'm having a boy. HAHA! This is way too early, but i was actually looking at how I could possibly try to get pregnant with a girl next round (we only want two and it would be nice to have one of each). Supposedly the girl swimmers are slower but live longer than the boy swimmers... so some say NOT to have sex too close to ovulation otherwise the boy swimmers will "win."

Honestly, whichever "wins"...I win. I would be over the moon elated for either one. But I'm the girl who reads the end of the book first. I go to spoiler sites to find out the end of movies before I watch them. I prefer shows that have finished their run, so I know how it all wraps up. I am jumpy and skittish, so I have always hated surprises. I know this would be a great one, but it's still "the unknown", you know?

Both the Mayan and Chinese charts say boy for me. I will keep you posted ;)

Happy Friday everyone!

Jessie, you had quite the culinary adventure! Luckily LA is only a short hour plane ride for more.

Left, we will see how the non-smoking goes. It is pretty rough but for a good cause and hopefully he will succeed. You are right the best we can do is to be supportive. O pains are interesting, I swear I had one the other month too. Funny how if you are in tune with your body you recognize this stuff.

Pothole, not sure about the predictions but it always intrigues me. Don't blame you for leaning toward a little girl. With all those boys around she will never be allowed to date :winkwink: To bad to cannot get the spoiler on the little bean to be, but you are right either way it will be awesome.

Hello to everyone else.

I was successfully able to seduce DH this afternoon CD12 the first chance I got after the HSG waiting period. Pretty much down to the minute after the 48 he wait. :haha: So we are off to a good start since I had a smiley flashy this morning. Now just got to keep it up with my newly stretched cervix I have a good feeling this month.

15dpo - so far so good.

Hope everyone is well xx

Attachments

• 1428193867469.jpg
    1428193867469.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0
Here is the thread for TUI and for anyone else who feels up to following the BFP journeys
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-over-35/2291519-ttc-over-38-phase-2-bump-buddies.html

So when you graduating to talk all things pregnancy ??

I'm not joining anything yet as I don't like first trimester groups. They are either full of sadness or worriers. I need complete calm and happiness right now.

I know your graduate group is a bit different, but I'm going to stick to journals for now. I hope you understand x

Few more days and you can test sugar. Good luck.

Hi everyone! Been a little buried in home improvement the past few weeks, sorry for being MIA.

Congrats Tui! Hoping beyond hope that this little been sticks with you!

Hope all of you are well and enjoying your lives while TTC. We're doing our best to live in the land of "now" and not the land of "if only." We are currently in the egg catching phase and keeping hope alive.

I love it :) " the land of now " wha did you improve ? Hehe ..... I've two rooms I'm procrastinating over . Have the paint etc just need to put it on the walls :haha:

oh maui, yes - I want to paint my office but I haven't gotten to it. And what's weird is that I find when I do finally do it, I REALLY enjoy it!! I blast the music and sing some tunes. So clearly I need to do it when the house is empty!! maybe that's my problem! :haha:
I have the paint already bought too, left! so funny

sugar - FX'ed for you!! you could maybe start seeing some symptoms in the next few days! Not to nudge you into insanity! ;)

I think i'm 3dpo today but I'm not sure. I am only temping, no OPKs. I was down around 98.3 mid last week, but jumped to 98.7 and 98.9 on Sat and Sun mornings. BUT - I had a few beverages the nights before those temps, and I know that impacts the BBT. Today's temp was down to 98.5. My post O temps that I've had before have all been 99+, so I don't know what to think. But my ewcm that I got all last week is gone, my left boob and nip are sore. So it feels like my body is saying 'TWW'. I'll keep temping for the next few days to make sure. FF isn't going to give me my crosshairs for only 2 days up!

Tui, glad to see that things are going well and you seem so zen!

Sugar, GL this month!

Maui, good luck catching the egg. I agree with left...I love living in the now! Simple and so hard at the same time. Hopefully the home improvements are going well!

Wish, sounds like you might be in the TWW and I look forward to hearing your symptoms this round and hoping for a BFP!

Hi left and everyone else.

Weird tmi gross question for those who had a HSG. Did anyone have clot/blob of period looking stuff after? With things being clear I was just thinking it might have flushed out so residual stuff, but just curious if it was just me. I seems to be the one with weird things like stenosis etc so it might just be me :haha:

So far I have been pretty successful this weekend, and getting some quality BDing in place. I think I had an O pain yesterday afternoon which would be about right since I had a peak that morning. Stupid advanced OPK got messed up on Sat morning because I must have held it weird and so I may have got a surge on Sat. Although I did get a temp dip this morning, so who knows. Last month the dip was the day before O. So I guess some more BD for DH and I....he will be thrilled. Sense my sarcasm there. LOL!

Good luck to everyone!

I forgot to say Hi to Zen Tui! hi!

mdc - I didn't have any clots or anything but I feel like I remember them saying there could be some spotting of sorts. I'm sure that's all you're seeing. Good job on all the BD'ing! I'm going to see if DH is up for it tonight, just to be sure! I am pretty sure I O'ed - zero cm today. But I think a few ladies have said that they got pregnant the months that they BD'ed a couple days beyond when they think they O'ed anyway, so why not!

Lol hi everyone !! I think its a myth that men are always up for it !!! TTC and ya nearly have to drag them to bed lol.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->