38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Ha! So true on making in the man's idea and true in more areas than just BD!

We painted our master bedroom and bathroom and added some finishing touches to the master bathroom. took us 3 weeks and 7 samples to figure that out. We also had some amazing weather a couple weeks ago so I overhauled my backyard in preparation for new landscaping once the weather clears up again. Next stop, office organization, guest bedroom tweaks and new windows upstairs! Lots of work but I'm just loving having my own home. We blasted music loud enough to drown my singing for DH. Great fun! :happydance:

It's nice when you get to make decisions about your own house. No one to ask or worse paint it some horrible colour you can't stand. Makes you proud to look at after too.

The best thing about having your own home, no routine inspections by property manager. I mean there was never any problems but it still felt like we were being judged every time!

omg, I love your ticker, tui!!! I'm getting that one if/when!

left - you are so right! I think it was their idea in our 20's but now it's only when we have a few beverages and he's feeling a little randy :haha:

so this is weird - have any of the long-term tempers ever noticed this or heard of it: I think my temps have dropped overall, either due to changing out our duvet cover for a lighter one (the other one was so heavy, I would be a dripping mess every morning), now sleeping naked or almost naked (same reason - too hot), the season change or losing weight (but it's only been 5lbs). But if you look at my chart - my previous post-O temps were up over 99. I definitely had a dip right around when I think I O'ed, so what do you think gives?

Wish I know I constantly ask people lol.... But have you had your thyroid checked ? Low pre ov temps , weight loss , excessive sweating all symptoms of overactive thyroid . Some one ages ago said it to me about low temps and I paid no heed at the time .

thanks for your thoughts, left - yeah, I got it tested 2x for part of my bloodwork in all this TTC and all came back ok. I *think* the sweating has been from getting one of those Theropeudic-like mattresses - they are just so dense.
The weightloss has been on purpose and it's only 5lbs. Hopefully a couple more to come ;)
I'm seeing a biphasic chart so I should just thank my lucky stars!

Maui, glad your home is finally coming together. It takes so much energy!

Wish, so funny I was expecting a temp increase today and nada. I am hoping tomorrow will be better. I am going with your explanation about changing he duvet. Makes sense to me and biphasic is what you really want.

Hello to everyone else!

Boring here for me, just listening to a whole day of webinars for my new job. :coffee: I think my temps would have increased this morning. With all the short cycles last month and two low temps after O this month, it is like we are syncing our cycles like sorority sisters. :haha: Maybe tomorrow will be better I did read it can take 48 hours after O to get a temp increase. Last month I got a drop and then up he next day. Would suck if no O this month because next month I am thinking due to travel we will be out. But as Left says PMA goes a long way.

Thanks wish. Those tickers are one of only two places I've found that have a time zone option on the ticker design. I love the fruit one and baby development one, but they always clicked over at the wrong time because it was set to usa hours. Frustrating.

I have left it set at lmp too, but I should be a few days ahead of that. Will change after my scan maybe. Not booked anything yet, not even told my doctor, lol.

did you bounce back up this morning, mdc?

tui - I like the fruit and baby tickers too - gives such a good visual for what's going on in there! Have you given yourself a time as to when you'll start calling the doc and setting up appointments?

maui - dang, girl! great job on the home improvements!! you guys don't play around!

afm (I giggle when I type this now), my temp bounced back up so I'm happy. I read that your follicle actually ruptures 12-24 hrs after your surge, so I'm pretty confident thinking my temp drop on Friday triggered my O pains on Saturday afternoon. I didn't temp enough beforehand for FF to figure out an O date, so I'm going to put it in manually for Saturday. So I'm 4dpo today - boring land. Feeling some pinches down there and a sore left boob/nip but that's it. And I know it's far too early to feel anything related to a pregnancy. I have a rather short LP so I just hope that if it did happen, the little one gets to my uterus quickly and digs in before AF starts happening. I'll know by this time next week. I kinda don't want to stop temping, though!

Tui, the tickers being wrong would kill me too. Love seeing yours chug along!

Wish, yes temps jumped this morning a bit , so hopefully tomorrow will be better. I am thinking we may be DPO buddies! Good luck with getting the emby snuggled in! My LP is long usually 15-16 days which is good I guess but tortuous. How long is your LP?

I decided against a morning boardroom session ( :haha: ) because the cats were obnoxious last night snoring (yes his cats snore...never knew they could do that!) and the others were running amuck. So since he could not sleep he decided to sweep the kitchen and put up the kitty food bowls and cover them with Saran Wrap so they would hopefully just go to bed. :rofl: Ahhh...the life and times of cat ownership. I think we are still pretty well covered this month so PMA onwards!

Hello Ladies,

Lots to catch up on. I have been MIA but got some time to catch up a little bit. Hope everybody is doing well. All the best to the TWW Ladies.

Afm, its been a roller coaster the last couple of days for me. My mother had a stroke and was hospitalized but got discharged yesterday. She is in good spirits now. I am taking some time off work to go and help sort out the their living arrangements now that she will need more help with ADL. My father is 70 and my mother is 65 so i have be there for them during this transition. I will not be able to chat as much and though i got in some bding during my fertile time i dont think it was that much and didnt plan well because of my mothers health issue during that time. I may be 3-4dpo, not sure. I ll probably be back in the game in May-June if nothing comes out of this cycle.

All the best with everybody.

Sorry to hear about your mum star. Glad she is a bit better now.

Wish I'm just chillin. All my doc will do is send me for the usual blood tests so no hurry. I'm already taking folic acid and iodine. My midwife I don't want to bother yet, as with two failed attempts now I feel like I'm wasting her time. She said she would always squeeze me in though so I'm not worried about her booking up. They are both great.

Yay Tui! You progressed to 2-3 on the weeks estimator! That thing always made me feel better that I was progressing. Glad you are still staying positive! And yes, the group Left created is much different than those first trimester groups. I stay out of those! I am like you and try to stay positive and not dwell on what "could" happen. I want to enjoy every step of this pregnancy. We understand if you do not want to join though. But feel free to pop on by. It is pretty positive and it is really only Kpme, Left and I that post. Some new people popped in but haven't heard from them since. I think they realized we all know each other's story already and they probably found a different group to be in.

Sugar- I will be stalking to hear for any symptoms! Sending :dust: your way!

Mdc- I said this in the other group as well... I see that you may have O'd yesterday Yay! Timing looks great as well!! sending lots of :dust: your way!!!

Maui- Good to hear from you! Keep us updated :) :dust:

Wish- FX'd for you!! :dust:

Yay lots of charts to stalk! So exciting!! Hoping to have more graduates soon!!

Thanks Kiley!
I got 7 day progesterone bloods back today. 25.2. Doc says these are very good numbers. They are up from last cycle at 15 something.

I got some good news today. I got in a research study for IVF! It's dramatically less than traditional. I go sign the consent tomorrow. Can't wait to get the details and it feels so good to have a back up plan for this cycle.

Tui, Maui, MDC, Wish, (sorry if I'm forgetting someone)..... Loads of baby dust! I'm so glad we're in this together!

Sugar that amazing about the research trial !!! OMG where did you hear about it ? I'd never even think of those things ,,, ever !

star - I'm so sorry about your mom! she's lucky to have you looking over things. Come back to us when you can - we'll be here!

sugar - so cool!! let us know about the details when you get them, I'm so curious.

mdc - love the temp rise and the timing! my LP is really only about 11 days, 13 in a good month. 14 if it's being a jerk and just wants to be late and not really preggo. That's only happened once, my 2nd cycle after HSG.

tui - your docs sound very accommodating, that's great. Nothing like a doc that can 'squeeze you in'!

still not much going on here - work is STRESSFUL this week and I hope that's not affecting anything. FF gave me cross hairs this morning and says I'm 3dpo, but I think I'm 5dpo and just had an estrogen surge on Monday or something. I definitely felt O pains on Saturday so I'm sticking with that! I'd like to stop temping but I'm just so curious every morning. So I guess I'll stick with it.

Hi Ladies! Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm back in the game, yay! AF arrived, so I'm CD1 and officially ttc again. So I'll be around more, still cheering you guys on, but also participating now. =)

I hope everyone is doing well, I've got to catch up on all that I've missed the past week or so.

Wish I think from your chart I'd agree with FF on the DPO ... Dani welcome back to participation ;) I can't wait to join you !! But wait I must .....
Star I'm so sorry to read about what your mum has been through , must have been scary . I wish her a speedy recovery . It takes time xxxx

Star, sorry to hear about your mom, but glad she was D/c'd from the hospital. Impressed you got any BD'ing being that stressed! Who knows, maybe the pressure off of TCC may give you a BFS...big fat surprise!

Tui, I am sure she would not feel like you are wasting her time. It is nice she will fit you in whenever you are ready.

Kiley, thanks for the dust!

Sugar, how exciting! IVF is wicked expensive so hoping you won't need it after this month, but good to know you got in if you need it! Cannot wait to see hear what they are doing in your trial that is different.

Wish, LP is not too shabby and plenty of time to get the embye nice and comfy! Cannot wait to hear your symptoms when the start and hoping you can test soon! I hear you about the temping. I took forever to start to do it, but it is a tad addicting :haha:

Dandi, yeah to TCC! How is the Paleo going?

Left, you are so patient, but I bet it feels better getting closer to trying again. I am thinking once you start you will be one and done!!!

Boring for me here :coffee: probably dpo 2 or 3. Hopefully I will hit a little higher on the temp tomorrow. I feel like I have been starving all day, but that certainly it isn't anything. DH bought something I rarely eat...sour cream and cheddar Ruffles the other night...my fav...damn him! They seriously just sit there and call my name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->