38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

No, my midwife is great but I feel bad for having to cancel her twice already. I don't know if she gets paid for situations lilke mine.

Hi gals,

I'm in a TTC fog this cycle. No clarity to be found anywhere. Got a peak reading on CB advanced on Tuesday, but cm was absent. We used Preseed to compensate. No O pains or cramping. My temp has been the exact same for days which leads me to believe that something is wrong with my thermometer. I've been taking it at various times thoughtout the day just to see if it'll give me a different number and it does, but it just seems really weird to me. My cm showed up as creamy tonight so I guess we're done egg hunting despite the absence of a temp shift. It appears we're flying blind this month.

I have a nagging foot injury that I've been nursing along. Last night it was throbbing so bad I couldn't sleep so I took 2 Aleve. Now I'm a bit worried that I thwarted ovulation or inured our chances of conception. I've been reading that NSAIDS can put off O. Frustrating!

I'd made up my mind this cycle to temp only until O was confirmed then stop to save my sanity. Now I can't even confirm O! Ugh!

In a good news story ... Another thread I was on for a year or so 15 ladies of all ages, complications etc were ttc .... Now there is only one left not knocked up ......... ME lol....
So how amazing is that !! 14 BFP 3 with iui .. 4 IVF one miracle !! Was told no sorry wont happen and boom now 21 weeks and lots of them just took time ... Oh and clomid
!

Paleo is not going well, lol. I just haven't been as focused as I hoped to be and the urge to bury my sorrows in comfort food has been fierce! I'm making progress though. I've eliminated bread and dairy and I'm back to only drinking water agian. I just still have some sugar and processed foods to cut out. I'm feeling rejuvenated after af arrived though, so I'm hoping I'll be all in by next week.

It sounds like a tough diet !! I'm gonna increase my water intake to 3 liters per day .its supposed to really help with cm

hi girls! happy weekend!

maui - ugh, i'm sorry you're in a fog!! keep temping, you'll catch that egg. Even if you put off O and you start temping now, you'll get it. I hope you didn't miss it!

left - that's a great success(es) story, thank you!! And you're not far behind, remember that! And i can concur - drinking that amount of water has helped my cm. I think green tea too but the jury is out for sure on that one.

dandi - welcome back! yikes, that paleo sounds extreme. But it works, so good luck!! I 'created' a great snack this week - whole wheat garlic Triskets, smear of avocado, thin slice of cheddar cheese, little piece of rotisserie chicken. I have 6 of these as one of my meals and MMM MMM! satisfying!

mdc - omg, those are my FAVORITE!! I've been craving Doritos lately but this diet has me saying no successfully, thank god.

yes, kiley! Thanks for the dust! :hugs:

not much going on here - I guess i can't argue with FF anymore. My temps that I was expecting to see came through this morning. Up over 99 finally. But this bums me out a bit - if FF is right, then we BD'ed the days leading up to O and the day of O, but not after. :( I hope it was enough. Time will tell but I shouldn't get my hopes up b/c really - it hasn't happened yet!
I gotta take a page out of Tui's book - zennnnnn

Wish ... Up to and day of it perfect timing !! I read alot lol.. And research says the most likley day to catch the egg is to DTD 2 days prior to Ov , having the sperm ready and waiting ... The second most successful day is day of ov . AFTER ov didn't feature

Hello everyone. I am turning 35 in June and will be starting TTC my first once my next cycle starts. Can I join this group?

Of course you can, welcome. Nice bunch in here. Good luck.

Happy Friday and Saturday for Tui and Left!

Hotknife, welcome! A great group of lovely ladies here.

Maui, sorry the cbfm is not playing nice this month. Did you just take the Aleve last night or for a couple days? Being a nerdy pharmacist I looked it up. Some studies show it can delay premature O for IVF patients, but they took it from at least the beginning of the LH surge. With a peak on Tuesday I think you still have a good chance for a delayed bbt shift, and hopefully tomorrow will show a sign of a bbt increase. I think a lot of us our temps are not cooperating this month. Blah! Still have fingers crossed for you!

Left, that is a great boost for all us here. Thanks for sharing! And that for the BD schedule advice!!!

Dandi, I do not think I could do Paleo even if all the stars were aligned much less with stress. Glad you have renewed energy to start with the steps you started and good luck!

Wish, I am sorry that FF is not blaming nice. I think FF sometimes puts all its stock for O on the temp rise, even though it was take up to 48 hours to have a temp shift after O. I have been doing the research because I cursed at FF this morning too because it says I O'd on Tuesday. It says I O 72 hours after my peak, and that makes no sense since I had a negative OPK on Tuesday. Either way I am going with Left also, because according to FF not post O sessions for me either. Wah!!!

Hi Tui, I see you are on line now :winkwink:

Hello to everyone else!

FF says I am DPO 3 (according to the know it all me...I mean DPO 4 :haha: ). My temps are still low, but I did replace the battery this month and taking it at a different hour so maybe last month of 99 temps was a fluke, so going with biphasic is biphasic irrespective of the level. Now the TWW is going to drag, but a couple trips for work the next couple of weeks will hopefully speed it up.

Sugar that amazing about the research trial !!! OMG where did you hear about it ? I'd never even think of those things ,,, ever !

I googled it (IVF research studies-ivystudy)!They're all over the states and maybe Europe. I just happened to find one that fit my stats. It's not ideal cause the transfer is set for 3 days past instead of 5. I also have many more visits and phone consults than any normal IVF.The meds are included, the brands are new to me but all are popular the nurse tells me. I may start my first screening visit as soon as next Friday.

MDC- thanks for that info! I only took Aleve on Wednesday night which would have been the next night (36 hrs -ish) after the peak reading. Maybe we're ok and I did O, but my temp didn't shift due to the effects of the NSAID? I didn't think of that but it totally makes sense!

My temp did go up this morning but I didn't sleep well due to my foot hurting and woke earlier than usual. So many variables to account for....

Left - I hope there's some merit to that study you wrote about. I think the best we did this month was BD 2 days before O. All of my stock is in that day!

Wish- fear not, you did good on your BD timing. It's out of your hands now. Time to inhale peace and exhale joy. How's that for zen?:haha:

Thank goodness it's the weekend! I hope all of you lovely ladies have a good one!

Ack. I just wrote individual responses to all of you and lost the whole post. So annoyed. Will try again tomorrow <3

mdc - so funny, I love the 'nerdiness'! you bring a very cool knowledge set to this group! oh, and humor! ;) I'm sorry FF isn't playing well with you too. We know ourselves enough by now to be suspect of technology! I dropped back down to 98.8 today so whoooooo knowwwwwws. I expect to start spotting in the next couple of days if my calculations are right (I'd be 8dpo today - nary a symptom either way so not really tough to chill).

maui - love it! was totally inhaling/exhaling good things today (sounds shady! :haha:) - went shopping for a few things for our trip and I no longer hate trying on clothes! So I consider today a win. :)

jessie - ugh, I HATE that!! glad you popped in! how are you feeling?

sugar - did AF come yet or you're just preparing to join the study? you were 5dpo a few days ago, right? how are you doing?

tui - I know how you're doing zzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :coolio:

welcome, hotknife! Good luck to you!

I'm avoiding work so I guess I should get at it. I hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

Sorry, I forgot to post this yesterday. It was 21dpo, so I'm happy. So far so good.

Attachments

• 1428715738268.jpg
    1428715738268.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 3
Tomorrow is my last day of clomid. Ultrasound on Thursday to determine follicle maturity. One of my best friends has been in town visiting and it's been a week of hiding my prenatal vitamins, feigning a headache as a reason I don't want to drink, and being insanely grateful that this is not key BD time, because the guest room is right next door. I adore her, but this subterfuge is exhausting.

Tui- that's great to see! Your zen thoughts are working...don't stop!

Pothole- too funny about company and TTC. Get some rest!

Wish- where are you going on your trip? Glad you were able to keep busy today! Keep inhaling/exhaling good things. :haha:

Aloha Jessie! Hope all is well!

MDC- I'm with you on FF and the temp shift. I feel like they make O tougher to understand sometimes. I have charts from a year ago showing O 72 hrs after peak. I was so confused and thinking there was something wrong with me. As I said before, I'm going to temp long enough to confirm O, then stop to save myself the madness of the temp game.

so you're technically at 5 weeks, tui? when are you going to call the docs again? 6?

maui - going to New Orleans on Thursday as an early 40th bday present. :coolio: I think I'll start AF around then too, or if I don't, I'll be testing down there.

I told myself I was going to stop temping after O this cycle and I haven't stopped. High temp this morning but not really reading anything into it. I certainly don't feel a THING as far as symptoms. Oh well, guess that's a good thing so I'm not driven crazy!
I've got super crazy days this Monday and Tuesday so I don't know if I'll be able to get on here. Just so you know why I'm MIA. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->