38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Hi gals,

AF arrived without mercy today. The silver lining...my LP appears to have lengthened to 13 days so that's good. Not feeling super chatty tonight but wishing all of you a good week/weekend. I'm going to bury myself in home and self improvement for a while but I'll be lurking!

Wish: that link you posted in the other thread- OMG. I watched it last week when it was trending on facebook and I bawled my eyes out (in the car after prenatal yoga, no less.) I now keep a box of tissues in the car. I was wondering whether or not I could pick my mom out if i was blindfolded, even at this age, and yes, I know i could!

Maui: ARGHH. i can't remember if you've seen a RE or are you trying to avoid that route?

Pothole: That would be so awesome if you found out you were pregnant with a little wookie next month! haha. I went as a vulcan for Halloween this year. I really wanted hubby to dress up as Spock, but he said no way since he's all about Star Wars, not Star Trek :shrug:

MDC: Phoenix!?! Ok, I need to give it another chance!! My last two experiences there were so, so. One of my best meals has been in Altanta too!!! My favs are still: Portland (PDX)-carpeted and quiet and Honolulu (HNL) open air- smells like flowers when you get off the plane). The absolute worst has been La Guardia in NYC. Dirty, uncomfortable and nothing to eat.
I don't know about taking a break. If you're type A like me then you probably just forge ahead no matter what... I would keep at it. If worse comes to worse you're just trying to make a baby while on vacation and that's probably the best time to do it since you will be more relaxed.

Left: are you sure you don't need 101 opks and 51 preg tests? ;)

I have my 24 week prenatal appointment today. Can't believe it. My urine tests have all been positive for bacteria that causes UTIs but I haven't really had any symptoms. I already drink a ton of water so I've been trying to eat a lot of yogurt and drink cranberry juice.
Hubby decided on the flowery vera bradley bag. It was only $30 at the outlet vs the kate spade which was about $150(!!!)

1) https://www.amazon.com/Vera-Bradley-Messenger-Baby-Provencal/dp/B008PY33WK

2) https://www.amazon.com/Kate-Spade-Black-Nylon-Stevie/dp/B0090QN21E/ref=sr_1_4?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1429786114&sr=1-4&keywords=kate+spade+diaper+bag

left - I don't mind sharing at all! this is one giant learning experience for most of us so I'm happy to share the things I learn. So you're right - I am only on BCP until next Monday, started this past Saturday. Some people are on it for a bit longer, like 3 weeks - really just depends on when your doc feels you should start the other stuff. So - I'll take my last one Monday night and then go in Tuesday morning for an ultrasound and blood work as a suppression check (make sure my body is responding to the BCP and not doing anything normal on its own). Then I guess 4-5 days after that is when I'll start my box 'o' meds.
No one really knows I'm doing this. I told one friend who is also having fertility issues that we're doing IVF but as far as details, no one knows. DH prefers to keep it that way, I'd probably tell more people b/c I know they are all wondering what's going on and what we're doing since we haven't conceived yet. Especially my folks and sister. But I want to respect DH's feelings first in this, so I've asked everyone to basically stop asking me about things. :) That was tough.

jessie - right?!?! that video made me cry and I'm not even preg yet! I could definitely pick my mom out, I think mostly by scent. Yanno, just that smell you've known your entire life.
Girls - if you haven't seen it yet, look up Pandora commercial with blindfolded kids.
and i love both bags. I'm not a VB fan typically but that one is CUTE! I hope your appt today went well. Post pics of the nugget if you want to! We won't mind! ;)

maui - I'm sorry AF got you. Poop.

pothole - that's awesome! I too hope for a little wookie for you!! have you been to ComiCon in SD? I went a few years ago. Oh the things you see! Very cool experience. Got my classic picture with a Stormtrooper!!

Gosh you are a chatty bunch :kiss:
Mau I'm sorry she came :( I'd love to see before and after photos of your DIY !!
Enjoy your time out but don't go too far we would miss you .

Jessie 24 weeks !! Week happy V day :happy-dance: its a big milestone . And I vote with your oh he has great taste ! Lol

Wish have you to inject yourself ? Are you squeamish ? Hope not :winkwink:
Pothole a little wokkie I love it ! Everything crossed here for you

Its been like the house of the exorcist here over the last few days . LO had a stomach flu and kindly shared it with me and oh !! We ALL had it at the same time !!! Need I say more ...... Lol
All feeling a wee bit better now . Of course everyone in work when I went back today jumped to the conclusion I was puking ... I must be pregnant .... I WISH !

Happy Friday!

left - that's awful!! Glad you're all on the mend. DH and I have never had the flu at the same time, thank goodness. I can't imagine. Thankfully we don't get SUPER sick all the time. Not even really colds too much anymore (now wait....we'll get slammed with everything this weekend!) but I know all of that will change when we have a little one.
To answer your question, I'm a little nervous about the injections. I might have DH do it. i'm more afraid I'll mess up.

hi girls!
how is everyone doing? I need updates! You've all gone quiet......

dandi, sugar, left, mdc, jessie, maui - even your home improvements!

I had lunch with a good friend yesterday and she shows up 7 mos pregnant! apparently she was pregnant the last time we had lunch too but this is her 6th pregnancy/2nd child, so she was hesitant to tell anyone even a few months ago. I'm so happy for her - she's 41, multiple mcs and she is having this one naturally. She was on some meds and she said that her RE gave her a dose of {some estrogen drug/enhancer} within the first week of her cycle. There is a theory out there that if you inject this at that time of your cycle, it kinda 'fertilizes' the ovary to generate a beautiful, high-quality egg. That's all they needed!!

I'm in the tww over here. We were trying SMEP this month, but my opk digital stick was faulty and Clearblue didn't get my replacement to me in time to use it. We ended up kind of winging it based on my cm. I'm not optimistic though, because my temps did a big dip, which I thought was ovulation, but the next couple of days they only increased back to normal and didn't spike. They started to spike yesterday instead... 4 days after our last bd session. No cross hairs yet. I feel like we may have mistimed things completely. I've heard that a mc can throw off your ov time, so maybe I'm oving way later than usual. Who knows! I'm not upset or anything, just annoyed with Clearblue that we probably missed a month, lol. But I just looked back and my temps did a similar thing in January when I got pregnant, so maybe there is a tiny glimmer of hope. I hate the tww!!! I'm so impatient.

Sorry I was MIA, this last work trip zonked me out. Loved getting home early Friday afternoon, but damn we had a strong jet stream so my flight from Charlotte was almost 7 hours. Ugh!

Thank you all for your advice, as for now I think we are (I am) going to throw away the thermometer and opks this month. DH and I talked and we both are on the same page. There has been so much stress with TTC and everything else I think it is a good breather. Don't get me wrong I will still paw at DH next week during the potential fertile period, but just don't want to force it.

Wish, glad you had a great trip and DH sounds like he really put some thought into this. What a great way to say I love you!!!! How exciting about starting on your IVF journey. Keep coming with the details.

Left, cannot wait for you to join the game again! Sounds like you are prepared to POAS!!! Hope your family is past the pukiness now.

Pothole, that would be amazing if you were preggo for your favorite event of the year, and so happy you got your first positive opk!

Maui, damn AF, but glad your LP is a very respectable 13 days!

Jessie, I should clarify...PHX has to be terminal 4 (usair/southwest) the rest suck a$$. I haven't spent much time in PDX, but I live close enough I should. I agree with HNL not much to do, but cannot beat the location!

Dandi, I hear you about the tww, but hopefully you got some quality BD sessions in and maybe it was a delayed temp shift. I forget do you test early?

Hello to every else!

dandi - maybe you're just a slow-riser this month! I hope everything worked out for you and these initial temps are telling!

mdc - that sounds like a great month of no stress. I think TTC is stressing us out too but right now we don't have the option to throw things out the window for a month. We've committed to the IVF so either we move forward or there's got to be a damn good reason we call it off.

I used to test early, but after my loss I've decided to wait it out until a week after af is due. Since I'm not positive when I ovulated and don't know how long my cycles will be now, I'm going to wait as long as possible to test. That's the plan at least, but it will be torture.

Maui - Dang AF!! But good news on the LP! Hope the home improvements are going well.

Jessie- How did your appointment go? That's a cute diaper bag and great price! Here is the one I have been eyeing..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...olid=2FE4C8QCM1RTG&coliid=I3DBE40GYI00WP&vs=1

Mdc- I hope taking some of that stress off (temping, opks) helps. At least you will not be obsessing about it.

Dandi- You never know! SMEP should have you covered. The cycle I got pregnant, we did SMEP. Never did get to the three days in a row though, since I never got a positive OPK or Peak on CBFM. Only got highs. Fingers crossed for you! I don't know how you will be able to wait that long! I thought waiting 2 days before was long!

Hi I'm new. Been on this journey now for about 5 months and can no longer do it alone. Support needed! Found this forum and thought you sounded like a friendly bunch :). I'm 38 and this will be my first so I've no idea what to expect. I just know it is taking a while and I'm panicking because of my age....Wish you all the best of luck

welcome, chipie! this is a great group of ladies, i'm so glad we found each other. A fantastic support system!

Thanks Wish2BMom. All those years trying to avoid getting pregnant. No one ever said how hard it was! Good to have people in your situ to talk to! I'm 8 dpo but am already feeling AF coming so I'm a bit mis. Time to start all over again...

Welcome chipie. Don't worry you will get there eventually. While you wait you can pass the time with this lovely bunch xx

Hi everyone . Hi chipe and welcome . These ladies are alright I suppose ;) lol...
Sorry I've been MIA Internet keeps coming and going . They are going road works outside so think it might be that .

Postman had a parcel for me today :) I WAS expecting 50 Opk and 10 pg tests ic ... Instead I got 25 Opk and ...25 pg tests !!! Errrrrr I mean 25 !!!! Lol.... So lots of poas for me !!!
So started tonight .... I'm not pg or about to ovulate :haha:

Hope everyone is well :)
Wish how is the BC going ? When is next appointment ? This week sometime I think ?

Dani I hate when there is no clear temp shift . Your minded me I must move my themomether down to the bedroom ! I'm ready to rockn roll lol

Welcome Chipie! This is a great group of women! I got a lot of helpful tips from them and great ideas. And don't be afraid to ask any question. Among all of us, I'm sure someone has "been there done that" lots of wisdom in here!

Left- can't wait until you start! When are you officially back in the game? :)

Welcome Chipie! Glad to have you in!

Left- have fun with the poas party!

Thanks everyone. It looks like you're all in America so a different time zone to me. I've just woken up for work. Expecting more signs of AF today so will be a sad day.
How long has everyone been trying? Or is that a question we don't like to think about?
Left wonderin - why are you waiting to try?
Wish2BeMom - good luck with IVF.
I went to my doctor about a month ago to start the process of checking if there was anything wrong. I told her we'd been trying for three years which is a total lie- oops.
DD had to give a sample and I had blood tests. Waiting for results in a coue of weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->