38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Thank goodness we are back up! I was scared that this site was going to be down permanently and not going to be able to find you guys.

Sugar, sorry about the polyp, and like wish said they generally are benign. They are usually estrogen sensitive so WHEN you get your BFP this month the progesterone should keep it at bay. Yeah, I said when :winkwink: Fingers crossed!

Maui, I used to have lemon trees and there smell is intoxicating! Glad your foot is feeling better so that you can start getting ready for your bro's wedding. I am starting to really get back in myself because the beach vacation is fast approaching for us.

Left, sounds like your body is raring to go.

Dandi, sorry about your window but love the attitude about next month.

Wish, stems tomorrow yeah! Good luck.

Chipie, I also second FF. I thought I was counting my cycle days (CD) right but totally I was not. I think the first month was free so definitely check it out.

Hi to everyone else!

Well I guess this was a good month to take off. Kitty is likely going to have surgery today. Not sure we ever thought we would be the peeps to have surgery on a cat...we always said we would not be those crazy cat people. Alas, here we are. Next couple of weeks are going to SUCK and fertile window is Friday to Wednesday I will be lucky to get a couple sessions in. Things always happen for a reason, so just going to have to go with the flow.

mdc - good luck to kitty and you both!! I know we would shell out for a surgery if mine needed it. I hope you're able to fit in some sessions but I like your zen attitude. All about the zen today. :)

Hello Wish, Mdc, Left, Tui, Dandi, Kiley, Sugar, Jessie, Maui and eveybody else.

I tried to catch up on most of the posts but am yet to finish. Welcome to the new ladies. Its been a while since i last posted here but been thinking and hoping for the best with everybody. I will write more later. I am currently in Dar salaam visiting my in laws after settling my parents living situation then will be heading back to the States in the next couple of days. DH just landed today so we will be together for a week before heading back. I am not temping or using opk this month..... Just going by the flow. Am on CD 11 today. Anyway, just stopped by to say hi and also to wish you all the best.

:wave: good to see you, Star! Glad you stopped in, you world traveler, you!

Quick hello to everyone :) mdc hope your kitty is ok :( I AM a mad crazy dog lady lol.... 2 crazy collies and one gentle lab . Until Christmas we also had a rottie but he died :( he was a teddy bear , a gentle soul . All are indoor dogs , part of our family :) I needless to say wage war on dog hair everyday ! Hate it ! The Hoover is my best friend :)

Oh is a agility instructor and dog trainer , its through the dogs we met :) how did ye all meet your SO ?
Here are my fur babies ... Jack , Shep and baby Ben

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2
I'm a dog person too, as I'm sure you can tell, lol.

I met my DH at university. We did the same degree (more or less), and we now do the same job. You can imagine the shop talk in the evenings.

Hi everyone,thank you all for the well wishes. The medical trial is still going on. Im on week 2 of 3 for BC pills. Finished 12 days of antibiotics. In 1 week I start Lupron then the study drug or gonal-f (luck of the draw) after that.

It's nice our board has woken up again!

Sorry I've been a bit slack replying girls. I can't keep up sometimes, but I always read and think of you all.

Wish- Ha! That was ME that thought Afm was another person. I laugh every time I see someone type that now. Had me confounded for months! I'm no landscaper either, and our yard is certainly not big enough for all of the pretty trees I've found but I'm determined to squeeze them in somehow! Now DH wants a lemon tree but in our climate we'd have to bring it inside and put it under arrow light in winter...not sure I'm ready for all that. I battle keeping our regular house plants alive!

Chipie- glad to know I'm not alone in the Afm department!

MDC- yay beach vacation! Next month, right? I love lemons too. We had two huge lemon trees on Maui, along with 4 tangerine, 2 orange, 2 grapefruit, 1 Tahitian lime, 1 mango and 1 guava. I miss them so much! Fresh fruit year round *sigh*. Best of luck with kitty's surgery.

Afm :)haha:), fertile window is early to mid week next week, just in time for Dh's bday! In the meantime, I'm just trying to keep the ol body healthy, active and supplemented.

Hi Star, Sugar, Tui, Dandi and Left! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Dandi: I really like that you’re not going to test early. I think it just brings heartache and disappointment. When we were trying I would much rather have just gotten AF as a negative “response” than the dreaded BFN on a preggo stick. OH! Like Kiley, I also got pregnant the month my clearblue wasn’t working properly for me. When is AF due for you?

Kiley: Nice diaper bag! I’m still wondering if I should just get a big cheap, ridiculous looking one with cartoon characters so it doesn’t get stolen. I’ve been robbed a few times already and I’m super paranoid about having a nice- looking diaper bag stolen, being mistaken for a large purse.

Chipie: Welcome and get ready to become obsessed with all things related to baby making! ;) My story: I’m going to be 38 (this week!) and we started trying in September 2014. I had been off birth control our entire 2 year relationship because I knew we would start actively trying for a baby as soon as we got married. I was proactive with having all the fertility testing done because of a previous surgery on my cervix, my age, and I wanted to make sure DH’s side of things were ok. Hormone levels were good, DH’s swimmers were fine (he’s 6 years younger than me), but I had one blocked fallopian tube. I used the clearblue ovulation predictor tests but that’s all. I figured if I was getting my period every month that I would eventually get pregnant. I got pregnant in November and I’m now 6 months along. I’m still in the TTC forums because I started off here and feel more comfortable with this group of ladies.

Mdc: New favorite airport- seattle. We were just there and it’s awesome. Lots to eat and there’s a subpop store that I couldn’t get my husband to leave! Re: the traveling and baby making. The traveling would only be difficult during ovulation time (because you obviously need to be near each other) AND while heavily pregnant. You’ll have to tell your employer that “first class is medically necessary” HAHA! I’m at the stage of pregnancy where I’m starting to have lower back pain. I bought a small pillow to put behind my back on our last trip and it definitely helped. I really hope you have TSA precheck with all the traveling! Best $80 I’ve ever spent. Do you guys have pet insurance? I was talking to my assistant about how much she and I would be willing to spend to save a pet's life- she spent about $250 on her chihuahua and thought that was reasonable. I don't know what I would do in a pet's life/death situation.

Wish: I’m so excited that you’re starting stims! Is there a particular area you have to poke yourself?

Maui: I’m glad your foot is getting better and the weather is nice for you guys to take walks! I can’t wait to own a home- That lemon-scent tree sounds amazing. Doesn’t look it’s going to happen anytime soon, since DH and I are moving to Southern California, where you can’t touch a place for less than $500k. Where is your bro’s wedding going to be? I’m finally taking hubby back home (his first trip to Hawaii) in June. We really cannot wait!

Sugar: Ugh. I’m so sorry to hear about the polyp but better to know now if that is the reason you’re not getting pregnant. Let us know what happens.

Left: I met DH through friends a couple of years ago. I had just gone through a terrible breakup with a guy I thought I would marry. Funny enough- my ex and DH have THE SAME LAST NAME even though they're not related. God said, "Whoops. Made a mistake with that one since they have the same last name. Here's the right one!"
Question: Did you have a lot of painful pressure in your cervix area when you were pregnant? I’m having trouble walking. My midwife says it’s normal to slow down at this point and have pressure, but I feel like I’m not far enough along to be feeling what I’m feeling (?!)

Tui: Scan in 5 days! :happydance:

Hi to everyone else!!! My 24 week prenatal appointment last week was pretty straightforward- heard baby's heartbeat, measured my belly, peed in a cup. I'm on my 2nd antibiotic for bacteria in my urine. I've tried everything OTC (yogurt, cranberry juice, drinking tons of water) and nothing has helped. We were in Seattle last weekend and i seriously had to pee every hour because of the UTI. Really annoying to have to constantly find a bathroom when you're out and about doing touristy things. I'm feeling better now.
I put in my notice at work since DH and I are moving to California in two months. I’m happy to be able to finally live near family and friends again, but stressed about (insert EVERYTHING)-finding a place to live, the awful traffic, finances, finding someone to deliver this baby!

Happy Friday,

Mdc praying for the best with your Kitty surgery.
Sugar and Wish keeping my fx for you guys in your preparation for ivf.
Left- May is here.... All the best with your upcoming appt. lovely beautiful fur family you got there.
Maui- have fun during the fertile window:)
Tui- glad all is well, keep on doing your thing

Left, On your question, i met DH during a friends gradution open house. His friend whom i knew brought him to the open house and we exchanged #s and the rest is history:). We will be married 4 yrs in Dec this yr. CD 13 today.DH is here for a whole week on my fertile window but its kind off hard DTD at his parents house. We will see how it goes. We may go to Zanzibar for 2 days for a mini vacay and hope those are the days to catch the egg.

Have a good wkd Ladies.

Hi Jessie, missed your post. Glad all is going well. All the best with the move. Take it easy, let the movers and DH do the heavy stuff, just supervise them:) glad you will be close to family.

Star: good to hear from you! I had to look up Dar Salaam. Never heard of it!!!! Wow, Tanzania!

DH is originally from there Jessie. when are you moving? I might have missed it.

Never mind Jessie, found it... In 😆in 2 months. Hope that gives you time to find everything you need. Am praying for the best during this time.

Left – your pups are SO cute!!! I love collies, they are wonderful dogs. But yeah, I can’t imagine all the fur you have flying around! My FIL lives with us and has a German Shephard, Jake. He’s my boy, I love him so much. But he’s 100lbs of fur! We have two kitties ourselves, and my FIL has 2 more (they don’t come into our side of the house, though – they stay on his in-law side). DH and I met at work 12 yrs ago when we joined the same intramural softball team (the company has a beautiful campus and offers stuff like that). Then he interviewed for a role on my team, I pushed to hire him and we got together not too long after that.

Sugar – GOOD LUCK!!! I start my Gonal F tonight, along with Menopur.

Maui! I’m so sorry, I knew it started with an M. :haha: that was so funny, I loved it. Great timing for fertile window and DH’s bday! I hope you have some fun!! I hear you about wanting so many trees. I’d love a cherry tree with the beautiful pink blossoms. And a magnolia tree, to have something from NOLA here.  Cherry tree is doable, I don’t know how magnolias would do up here. They looked pretty sturdy.

Tui – so glad you popped in. Love watching that fleur de lis slide on down…

Jessie – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :cake: Yep, I have to poke myself below the belly button. She said to put my thumb in my belly button and spread my fingers, and then swipe below in like a semi-circle. Anywhere in that area. I have to mix the stuff myself, that’s what I’m most nervous about. And getting any air bubbles out of the syringe. DH is definitely going to be in on this. And I’m sorry you’re so stressed out. It sounds so magical to be moving to SoCal but yeah, reality. I’m sure everything will fall right into place, though. Where are you moving to? I know someone in La Jolla (sp?) if you’re going anywhere near there. I can at least ask about an OBGYN – she just had a baby and has another toddler.

So yeah, today is stim day and you can see I’m a little nervous. Just about the setup, not the injections themselves. Going to take good care of myself this weekend and, well, I guess all coming days! I wish I would stop clotting all over the place, though. For those going to start IVF, let it be known that this is possible and it happened to me. Being on BCP, they say that there’s a chance of spotting. Welp….yeah. Apparently pads are going to be my new best friend. I hate pads. :grr:

Here are some pics of me and my fur babies. Please excuse my no makeup, 'work from home' look. I just thought it was cute b/c my Monkey (aka Mila) loves to sit on my lap and do my work with me. Morgan is the queen of the house, with the big fluffy nubs. And then there's Jake.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1430.jpg
    IMG_1430.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 5
Oh my gosh Jessie, moving that late in your pregnancy... you are a rockstar! Where are you guys moving from? My husband tried to have the relocation talk with me last night. We're going to visit his family in Oklahoma next month and he told me that it's gotten him thinking that he'd like to move back there for about 5 years or so. Ummmm, no. I do not want to move to the middle of nowhere Oklahoma, half a country away from my family right when I'm trying to have a new baby. I already hate that I'm an hour away from my family. Now if he threw California into the mix, that might be a different story, lol.

Afm, AF should arrive May 9th per FF. That's a long cycle for me though, so I'm still a little skeptical. I'll probably expect her a few days earlier and just wait to see what happens. My temps did a weird dip below my cover line today. I'm 6 dpo based on FF, but 9 dpo based on when I thought I had ovulated. I got the same kind of dip when I had my bfp in January, so now I'm kind of wondering. Most of me still thinks I missed it this month though, so I'm still going to wait until af is late before testing.

Speaking of flying, we just booked our flights for our Oklahoma trip last night and DH talked me into splurging for first class. Since I'm such a nervous flyer and I don't want to take a xanax for the trip since I'm ttc, he thought the extra room and first on/first off might make it a little less nerve wracking for me. It will be my first time flying first class so I feel fancy even though it just a podunk flight to OKC, hahaha!

I met my husband online on eharmony! Yes, you can laugh, we laugh about it all the time. It was a free trial weekend that they had and my friends urged me to try it because I was going through a very painful breakup with a man that I thought I was going to marry. He was going through a divorce after his wife cheated on him while he was deployed. So we got matched that weekend, but then I had a change of heart and didn't want to pay to stay on the site or be matched with anyone at all really. We had started to have a good conversation though because my ex had broken up with me while he was deployed overseas and dh was kind of a sounding board for what it might have been like for me ex. We exchanged emails and ended up being penpals for about a year, just as friends helping each other through a tough time. He lived in the next state at the time and invited me to come visit for 4th of July, so I did and it was instant. I came home knowing that he was the one and we would be married. We did long distance for a year and then he moved down. Our story kind of makes me laugh. =)

Loving everyons stories :) Jessie yes that pressure is normal and the good news ... Is it only gets worse !! By the end it feels like your belly is about to explode any second especially when getting braxton hicks and that baby is going to fall out your nether regions any time !!! Lol.... 6 months just can't believe how quickly its gone for,you :) will you be our first labour watch ?

I’ve been wide awake since 4 am!!! Total preparation for this kid and his nighttime feedings.

Wish: I’m a little sad to be so close to 40. Where did our 30s go??? I guess the stomach isn’t too bad?? There’s more fat there so less painful. Injections near bone are the worst. My patients always tell me how much they hate needles and my response is “who the heck likes needles?” (except maybe IV drug users :p) Oh! I read your post about Barre. OMG loved what it did for my body. I took 8 weeks of classes before my wedding. I’m looking forward to getting back into shape again once baby is born. I tried to walk around my neighborhood yesterday and got winded so quickly. Love the pics! You look so much like one of my friends- you could be sisters! Hubs and I are going to wait until our kids are big enough to ask for a pet and then we’ll get one.

Dandi: I think we’re absolutely crazy to be moving (yet again) since we just moved to Texas but like you, I REALLY want to be near family and friends. Do not move to Oklahoma if your family is near you now! The support you will get after you have a baby will be priceless. Yay for first class!!!! I’ve flown first class twice now and it’s luxurious after being cramped in coach. It’s really hard to go back to coach after being spoiled up front. -I wonder if you ovulated late this cycle?? The cycle I got pregnant I’m pretty sure I ovulated late (also based on my baby’s measurements). Luckily the hubs and I had gotten a few more quickies in at the end. I really like your story on how you and your husband met. I tried online dating on/off for years. Boyfriends here and there but nothing stuck. One of my girlfriends is on match.com right now and I helped edit her profile. My fingers are crossed for her. She’s divorced, 37, no kids.

Left: Ugh. I can’t believe it’s going to get worse. I’m so worried I won’t be able to carry him to term. So far so good, but ya just never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->