4 Awesome Chic's, TTC #1, 30+, cycle #3, Join our Journey!!!

I think I will at least mention my concern to him. I spoke with my Mom about it a little bit ago to get her thoughts since she is a nurse. She works with my general practitioner but told me to call and talk to one of the nurses at my OBGYN's office and see if they could order blood work so that we have it for my January appointment... but I feel bad asking since I am supposed to wait til January. I don't want my OBGYN to think I am this aggressive patient who doesn't have the patience to 'wait it out.' My Mom still does not think I have other symptoms but then she did mention my cousin who has no thyroid because of thyroid cancer at age 16... so she does think if I am concerned having it checked wouldn't hurt. *sigh*

Hey Elph,

so far so good? No more spotting, just cramping? I dont go in until Dec 18th for my first dr. visit. I feel totally fine toehr than the cramping? Maybe a touch of nausea and heart burn but thats about it? On the hunt for a good high end skin care line safe while pregnant. Leaning toward Eminence?

Hey Elph,

so far so good? No more spotting, just cramping? I dont go in until Dec 18th for my first dr. visit. I feel totally fine toehr than the cramping? Maybe a touch of nausea and heart burn but thats about it? On the hunt for a good high end skin care line safe while pregnant. Leaning toward Eminence?

Hrm, I have no clue about that? Never had to think much about it. I am sure Dr. Google can help, he always helps me! lol
No more spotting sounds like a good thing! :happydance: Is hubby doing any better with it all? More excitement or fear? December 18th is a good day for your first appointment! Reassurance just in time for the holidays. So happy for you!

thanks Elph, I have to say I do feel guilty that is happened for me so fast while you and Mal have been waiting so long :( No hubby is totally freaked out, he wont even discuss it, he told me he is scared to death, so much so that he cant even be excited. I had the thought this morning, of, what did I do? Did i make the wrong choice? we havent been the same since we found out and fighting like cats and dogs.

thanks Elph, I have to say I do feel guilty that is happened for me so fast while you and Mal have been waiting so long :( No hubby is totally freaked out, he wont even discuss it, he told me he is scared to death, so much so that he cant even be excited. I had the thought this morning, of, what did I do? Did i make the wrong choice? we havent been the same since we found out and fighting like cats and dogs.

Relax, Sloan. Told you he's panicking :) Wait until he sees the ultrasound and the little bean :) he'll come around. Now you have to relax him :haha: and give him time to adapt.

As for me, don't worry about me, do not feel guilty at all. Actually I'm very happy about you and I'm glad it happened so soon for you. Nobody should go through years of ttc like me, it's a torture. I'm slowly making peace with myself that we may never have kid, but also keeping hope that it'll happen in the next few months :flower: (kind a confusing, eh? :) )
You are our thread's first baby!!!! :baby:

Today was 5th acupuncture session- so relaxing, could not keep my eyes open, I actually napped for ~30 min. :haha:

Relax, Sloan. Told you he's panicking :) Wait until he sees the ultrasound and the little bean :) he'll come around. Now you have to relax him :haha: and give him time to adapt.

As for me, don't worry about me, do not feel guilty at all. Actually I'm very happy about you and I'm glad it happened so soon for you. Nobody should go through years of ttc like me, it's a torture. I'm slowly making peace with myself that we may never have kid, but also keeping hope that it'll happen in the next few months :flower: (kind a confusing, eh? :) )
You are our thread's first baby!!!! :baby:

Today was 5th acupuncture session- so relaxing, could not keep my eyes open, I actually napped for ~30 min. :haha:

Thanks Mal :hugs:I really hope the acupuncture works, any type of relaxing seems like it can only be positive. We did decide on how we are going to announce the pregnancy though! We are going it in the Christmas cards and inside the card will be a picture of us, we will both be wearing 49er gear and on my belly will say, "future 49er fan"

I agree with Mal. Hubby is just panicked, he probably never truly thought about this moment before now. I am sure he will come around. Heck, you already both decided on how to announce... that is a start! I was thinking this past summer that we would announce our bundle in a Christmas card as well using an ultrasound picture. We would get a 2 photo type card, one would be us and one would be 'baby Teders' first picture. I think Christmas cards would be a great way to announce! :)

Also, don't feel bad! We all know what it feels like to try do hard and be disappointed! I have heard a lot of 'unplanned pregnancy' announcements from people who weren't trying. Those are the announcements that are beginning to eat at me, not you! We were all on this journey together the past couple of months and I could not be happier for you! You give me hope! So please don't feel bad, I am happy for you.

My hubby's cousin and her hubby have been trying for over 5 years. She said she has prayed for even just a chemical pregnancy so that she would at least know she could get pregnant. I have seen, first hand, their battle and I do not wish that on anyone.

Mala, I REALLY hope acupuncture is what does it for you. I am not sure what it is, but I feel like I trust my acupuncturist more after 2 visits than I have ever trust my general practitioners or OBGYNs over the years. Maybe it is because he is so positive and optimistic. He doesn't say we'll 'try' to fix the problem, he says we WILL fix it. There is just more reassurance. My sessions are only about 25 minutes, so not long enough to fall asleep. hehe

Thanks Epha. I feel the same way about my acupuncturist and I'm loosing all the trust in modern medicine, not just because of my case, but numerous other examples with other medical poroblems among friends.
25 min is not a lot, but I guess that's all you need. The needles in my belly are 30 min., then another 10-15 on my back. Do you feel when the needle goes in? At the beggining I didn't, but now I do and he's happy about it, he said:"that's good" (I only get short answers from him :))

Sloan, that's a great idea of announcing :)) be ready for the phone calls after :))
and Elpha is right- if hubby is already deciding with you how to announce, he's obviously coming around...slowly. Let him deal his way with the new situation.

Hi my ladies,

I need your help.
Please take a look at my chart in the signature. For the first time I don't have an ovulation dip and the tests and signs are kinda confusing. What's your opinion, when did I ovulate? It says 13th day, but as per the signs might be 12?
For the first time I don't know, it's so confusing :wacko:

Hi my ladies,

I need your help.
Please take a look at my chart in the signature. For the first time I don't have an ovulation dip and the tests and signs are kinda confusing. What's your opinion, when did I ovulate? It says 13th day, but as per the signs might be 12?

Sorry Mal, i never charted so i have no idea how to read them.

Hi my ladies,

I need your help.

It only takes .2 degrees to 'show' ovulation, so it's possible. However, since you seem to still be getting positive OPKs... it is also quite possible you are experiencing secondary ovulation. Maybe your body tried to ovulate on CD13, but was not successful so it is trying again. It happens from time to time to every woman from my understanding and is nothing to worry about. Only way to truly narrow down when ovulation happened is to see when AF comes. Typically women have the exact same number of days for their Luteal Phase every month. Mine is almost always spot on 12 days... no matter how long the first half of my cycle is. Weird how that works, huh?

Also, your acupuncture may be doing GOOD things and that is why you are noticing changes! I would take that as a positive sign, even if it IS confusing! :happydance:

Thanks Elpha! I know I could figure it out later from the luteal phase (mine is 14-15 days), but by then it'll be too late, even though now is too late too :) Well, qe sera, sera! What will be, will be :))
I started thinking that I may didn't do the OPKs right ( I have the pee sticks), so as per the other signs (saliva test, cervix hight, mucus) it may have been CD13.
Maybe I ovulated twice, so more eggs (yay!!) which may lead to twins eventually (eek!!)
But definitely the acupuncture is changing something, I've never had such high temperatures in the pre-ovulatory phase.
Thanks for the help again :)

Hey Mala,
Looks to me like O day was CD 13 on your chart. Idk what's up with your OPKs though.

I'm testing if my reply works now that it looks like they've updated this site for the iPad. Posts I've tried to make in the past never appeared, I think bc I was using the iPad (this site is too conspicuous on the PC- lol).

Oh yay! It's working now! :). ... Maybe one day ill figure out how to link my chart now. Woot!

Thanks Alices. Yeah, I think it was CD13.
Now we wait :)

Good luck Mala!

I wanted to tell you guys something my friend said. She TTC for a year before getting pregnant. She said that her docs discovered that if she took Advil, Tylenol or other NSAIDs it would mess up her ovulation. She said she was just taking the normal dose for the infrequent aches/pains/headache, but it was enough to cause a problem for her.

So I stopped taking any pain relievers since she told me that, just in case. I noticed in the past if I took Advil for pre-AF cramps, AF would end up being delayed a day or so, so I think there might be something to it.

Hrm... that is curious! Last cycle I did have a delay, but I blamed it on the Phentermine my doctor prescribed for weight loss. I never noticed an issue with just ibuprofen or tylenol, but I only ever take those typically when cramps are kicking my butt! That is usually CD2 or CD3. I have been on an NSAID for almost a month due to a knee injury... that was the same time I was taking the Phentermine. My cycle did go a few days longer that time around.

Good to know, thanks Alice!

W ww .ncbi.nlm. nih.gov/pubmed/1649358 4

(Remove the spaces in the link - BnB wouldn't let me post a proper link)

Here's a study that talks about how NSAIDs can affect ovulation. I doubt NSAIDs adversely affect O for everyone, but I am planning to steer clear of them for the time being. But I don't have any chronic pain or anything & if I get cramps theyre more annoying than painful. I guess just weigh the potential cost/benefit of taking the NSAIDs bc you don't want to go around miserable with knee/other pain which could raise your stress level & I suspect that's not good for TTC either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->