4 Awesome Chic's, TTC #1, 30+, cycle #3, Join our Journey!!!

My knee is a ton better now... I just need to strengthen it. The pain has subsided for the most part, I can still feel it when I work out though. So ditching the NSAID is no problemo!

Mala- At my appointment tonight, my acupuncturist put me on Prolamine Iodine 3 times a day due to my Iodine Patch Test indicating a significant iodine deficiency as can be present in hypothyroidism. Here is to hoping it helps something! :)

Thanks Elpha. My acu. is old Chinese man and I doubt he has something like that. Or maybe he does? I'll see how it goes on Wed.
As for suplements- I officially gave up ALL vitamins and suplements from western medicine. Since I started acu. last month I gave up on Prenatal, Primrose Oil, B-complex and stayed with Q10 and Vit. C, just to learn recently vit. C causes miscarriage (at least higher dosage- I was taking it for 2 years every day!). As od this month I'm suplement free, except for the herbs acu. is giving me.
I'm starting to believe the suplemenets are messing us up more than helping.

Thanks Elpha. My acu. is old Chinese man and I doubt he has something like that. Or maybe he does? I'll see how it goes on Wed.
As for suplements- I officially gave up ALL vitamins and suplements from western medicine. Since I started acu. last month I gave up on Prenatal, Primrose Oil, B-complex and stayed with Q10 and Vit. C, just to learn recently vit. C causes miscarriage (at least higher dosage- I was taking it for 2 years every day!). As od this month I'm suplement free, except for the herbs acu. is giving me.
I'm starting to believe the suplemenets are messing us up more than helping.

Well, I wasn't suggesting you take the Prolamine Iodine. That is just what he put me on, since we suspect hypothyroidism. I definitely am deficient, whether that means I have hypothyroidism or not... :shrug: This is to hopefully get my levels in check before I go back to my OBGYN, because if they find that I do have this they will put me on medications that I will have to take the rest of my life. My acupuncturist wants to help me avoid that, he says it is not necessary if the problem is treated properly... but doctors will jump right to synthroid and other meds rather than address an iodine deficiency. He would like to see me off of the Metformin, the prenatals, and for me to switch to a pure form of vitamin D rather than D3. However, I am still a little scared about derailing everything. Not so much with the vitamin D or prenatals... but the metformin is something my docs put me on. Although, I need my metformin refilled so maybe I will just stop it. It is obvious the pregnitude has helped more anyhow and the acupuncturist had nothing bad to say about it.

Elphaba- glad your knee is feeling better! I have a friend who's been struggling with a knee injury for 15 years & it's really messed her up. She's a mess, poor thing.

I just put myself on these herbs/supplements so who knows if it's being helpful or what.

I take a D3 too bc my doc recommended it though. I had low blood vit D last Dec. despite being on a supplement (so I question the accuracy of that blood test) but I upped my vit D & (switched to D3 from plain D) & then my blood vit D came back normal. I didn't even know it was standard to check for that before then though.

All I know is that the D3 has been shown to decrease certain cancer risks.

I'll be traveling around O time this week & then again (w/o DH) at xmas so, I'm not getting my hopes up that this will happen for us in 2012. We'll see, though! Just want to get 3 good months of charts to be able to show OB/Gyn at Jan/Feb exam.

Happy Thanksgiving & good luck to everyone this cycle!

Elphaba- glad your knee is feeling better! I have a friend who's been struggling with a knee injury for 15 years & it's really messed her up. She's a mess, poor thing.

I just put myself on these herbs/supplements so who knows if it's being helpful or what.

I take a D3 too bc my doc recommended it though. I had low blood vit D last Dec. despite being on a supplement (so I question the accuracy of that blood test) but I upped my vit D & (switched to D3 from plain D) & then my blood vit D came back normal. I didn't even know it was standard to check for that before then though.

All I know is that the D3 has been shown to decrease certain cancer risks.

I'll be traveling around O time this week & then again (w/o DH) at xmas so, I'm not getting my hopes up that this will happen for us in 2012. We'll see, though! Just want to get 3 good months of charts to be able to show OB/Gyn at Jan/Feb exam.

Happy Thanksgiving & good luck to everyone this cycle!

Women with PCOS typically have a Vitamin D deficiency, so I picked up the D3 to be 'proactive' about it. I figured it couldn't hurt, especially since I am not an outdoor-sy person so I don't hang around with the sun too much. haha It was not recommended by anybody at this time, just decided to give it a go. (My OBGYN only recommended Pregnitude and prescription prenatals.) My acupuncturist recommends the straight Vitamin D that he sells in his office. He says that it boosts levels faster, especially since you never know for sure what you are getting when you purchase supplements at the local grocery. I think when I finish up the supply I have, I may start purchasing it from him. They seem to be about the same cost, so may as well! He lets me use my health savings account to purchase and I cannot do that in stores. lol

I will probably have all sorts of blood work ordered at my appointment in January to figure out why we aren't pregnant. We'll see how it all comes out then, but for now I am just trying to wait patiently. I trust my acupuncturist, so at least with him I do not feel like I am doing nothing.

Good luck & Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Alice!

I got my period :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2: totally out of the blue and it's only 24th day!!! My LP this month was only 11 days!!!:cry:I don't know what is happening. Wednesday I'll talk to the acupuncturist.
I'm losing hope seriously!!! :cry:

I got my period :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2: totally out of the blue and it's only 24th day!!! My LP this month was only 11 days!!!:cry:I don't know what is happening. Wednesday I'll talk to the acupuncturist.

:cry:
Sorry to hear that Mala! Maybe your body is trying to balance something and it is a good thing? Maybe the acupuncture is working wonders in balancing whatever the problem is. I hope your acupuncturist has answers for you. Don't lose hope, even though I am sure that is easier said than done after how long the journey has been for you.
:hugs:

Thanks Elpha!
More and more I think I ovulated earlier, on CD 10 ( that day I took the temp. 2 hours before my normal waking time and showed lower temp). I'll talk to him about this.
It's almost exactly 2.5 years!

Wow, wow! Just saw my signature- 2 years and 6 months!!! Too loooong!!

sorry Mal.......:hugs:

How are things Sloan? Been thinking about ya. Been awfully quiet around here.

Hi Elpha,

Things are going ok. I am kind of stressed about things. I have zero symptoms so I am wondering what is going on, i cant get in to the Dr. until Dec 18th, so another two weeks of waiting. I am having anxiety about actually having a baby, I find myself wondering what the heck was I thinking? My husband acts like nothing has changed and doesnt even really speak about anything baby related. Its just weird because you want to get pg so bad but then when you are, all the friends and people that were begging you to do it and acting like your bff's, suddenly disappear and you realize, that you are really doing this all by yourself. I am constantly thinking that my husband will resent me and that i have made him mserable, and possibly myself miserable. :(

I'm sorry you're feeling like that- I was also super stressed the first few weeks and googling every symptom I had or didn't have :( I'm 11 weeks now and just had my first OB appointment with an ultrasound and got to see the baby swimming around, but before then I was in this strange zone where it's like I peed on a stick and it was positive, but everything beyond that was just unknown. You don't know what will happen tomorrow let alone a few months from now. And then very few people knew and my husband is not exactly stepping up to be supportive and it was really hard. Somehow the time does go though and seeing the ultrasound yesterday was amazing- it really does make it all worth it.

Hi Sloan,

:Hugs: I think that your feelings are completely normal! I've heard of lots of women feeling that way. This is a major life change that will seriously (negatively and positively) impact your life and your relationships - not worrying about it would be weird! :) I've definitely had some "Oh shit, what did I just do" moments.

Funny that you mention having no symptoms. When I went in for my 8 wk scan, I was worried that the doctor would find that I wasn't actually pregnant. I was worried that I wanted to be preggers so bad that maybe my body had been lying to me! I had false symptoms in the past, so why not again? When I was sitting in the doctors office waiting for the doctor to come in, I told my DH that fear. He said that he had the same fear!! Haha!

Awe, I'm sorry Sloan! Hubby probably just needs a little more time to digest, as do you. I am sure once you hear that little miracle's heartbeat you will both fall completely in love. Things will change, but think about the good ways things will change as well. Doubt your hubby will resent you. *hugs* I hope the stress eases for you soon. Have you taken any pregnancy tests lately? Maybe that could provide reassurance if you aren't feeling any symptoms.

Hi Sloan,

:Hugs: I think that your feelings are completely normal! I've heard of lots of women feeling that way. This is a major life change that will seriously (negatively and positively) impact your life and your relationships - not worrying about it would be weird! :) I've definitely had some "Oh shit, what did I just do" moments.

Funny that you mention having no symptoms. When I went in for my 8 wk scan, I was worried that the doctor would find that I wasn't actually pregnant. I was worried that I wanted to be preggers so bad that maybe my body had been lying to me! I had false symptoms in the past, so why not again? When I was sitting in the doctors office waiting for the doctor to come in, I told my DH that fear. He said that he had the same fear!! Haha!

haha Yellow! I am glad its not just me! How are you progressing? how far along are you now? What should i be expecting? tell me tell me

haha Yellow! I am glad its not just me! How are you progressing? how far along are you now? What should i be expecting? tell me tell me

I'm about 10 and a half weeks now. Things seem to be going good. We saw the heart beating like crazy at the 8wk appt. Doc said that was a great sign and significantly reduced the chance of miscarriage. Most of my symptoms have pretty much gone away. For a few weeks there (maybe 6wks-9.5wks), I had painful uterus stretching cramping and always felt like I had a hangover. I thought one of the benefits of not drinking alcohol was no hangover? haha! Having few symptoms now, I feel like the queen of the world.

When is your doc appt? Are you excited for it?

How is everyone else doing? Doing anything fun for the holidays? Maybe a few BFP's for Christmas/New Years???

Not too much planned except a lot of work! I do the marketing for the largest chain of liquor stores in Indiana. Keeps me busy this time of year.

My only big thing coming up is my '6 months and not pregnant yet' follow up with my OBGYN to discuss the next step. Of course I am secretly hoping to find out I am pregnant right before my appointment. I think, if everything pans out, I should be ovulating today... or I suppose tomorrow. If that happens, I should be testing approx. 4-5 days before Christmas. Hoping for a miracle to bring some light back to the holiday. It hasn't been the same since my Dad passed in 2010. He LOVED Christmas, so now it is more of a painful reminder to my family if how much we miss him. He wanted me to give him another granddaughter so bad. He was a great PawPaw. It really WOULD be a huge Christmas miracle to find out that this is the month. I just try not to get my hopes up anymore.

In the meantime, I am trying to come up with good questions for my OBGYN as we decide the next step to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->