46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Gina- that's awful! It's like the insurance either covers testing (mine did) or the cover treatment (mine didn't). Idk what insurance is good for anymore. I hope they figure it out. I'm sure they'll let you do a payment plan. In the US though, you have to pay for treatment upfront. Unless it's IVF, then you have to pay a certain percentage.

Squirrel- I wont be getting a scan :-( until 18-20 wks. I should've went and got one a couple of weeks ago, but dh said it's not necessary since I just saw it 2 wks b4. I will get to hear the HB and I'm so excited. You are gorgeous btw! Definitely start bding if you haven't already. I'm super excited for you this cycle!

Campn- I love the new pic (if I didn't say so already). Good luck at your scan tomorrow! I cannot wait for the update!

My ultrasound place just called me to confirm my apoointment. So that's it! We'll find out hopefully, Phoebe or Pheebo!?

Who remembers this scene from friends when Rachel was trying not to peak into her folder so she wouldn't find out the gender?

I really want to find out as soon as we conceive! I commend any couple that can hold off finding out! I am far too impatient!

Kity- There's a DNA blood tests that can tell you the gender at 10 weeks but it's like $400 and I didn't wanna pay that when I can find out at 15-16 weeks!

Kity- There's a DNA blood tests that can tell you the gender at 10 weeks but it's like $400 and I didn't wanna pay that when I can find out at 15-16 weeks!

You should not have told me that!!! our gender scans tend not to be until 20 weeks, so it might not be a bad idea...

EDIT: Ive just googled, the first site said £170 which is great!

Insurance is just terrible. At least after this I will pretty much be at my personal deductible so everything else will be covered 100%. Just have to hope dh doesn't get hurt since I'm using all the money :haha:

I have been toying with not finding out the gender when I get pregnant. I want that surprise so bad but I don't know if i could do it. FYI I've heard if you get IVF there is a chance they can tell you as soon as you get your bfp. Depending on what they put in. If they only did 1 embryo or all the same gender they will know right away!

Wow Gina that is brutal. I always forget how lucky I am here in Canada that most things are covered for medical. Of course the trade off is that it takes AGES to get an appointment for anything. I won't see my OB until May 11th. And the only reason I have that appointment is because I made it 3 weeks ago after they found my polyp.

Mental.

Good luck and hopefully it's less than expected.

Thanks ladies😀
Congrats @babyforlris on the BFP...and all the best to others having their scans...
@11dpo today took a fmu test which is BFN...having all symptoms like pinching a d pulling in abdomen and fatigue is extreme as well...but this month not really tried that much so ok with anythng😀😀

Campn: You are too lovely :haha: what a beautiful thing to say. Cannot wait for your scan tomorrow!!! I’ll be checking back on tenterhooks!

Gina: Yikes!! $3000! That’s insane! :( over here I paid £585 and thought that was expensive, but $3000 blows that price out the water. Even an IUI here only costs around £1000. I’m so sorry it’s so expensive for you! As to the not knowing whether you need it; I am all with you on that one! I hate that I wasted nearly £600 on a procedure that lasted less than a minute and proved there was nothing wrong :( I’m worried this cycle too with the cost of these scans and all these meds - in total it will be nearly £500 for the two scans and all the medication. That’s half an IUI :(

Bee: Your chart is looking stable and lovely. Clearly the femara is helping create stable hormones and a perfect environment for your lining to grow and follies to get a move on!

Texas: I am willing your body to ovulate! It has kept you hanging around for ages this cycle. I hope you get your temp shift really soon!

Smille: Thank you :blush: Sorry you have to wait so long! I remember you saying now when you were umming and ahhhing over whether to do the 12 week scan. How lovely to hear the heartbeat though. So reassuring!

We are staying team yellow this time around. We have our boy and girl and even though I am veering towards wanting another girl (almost entirely due to the lesser risk of having another autistic child as it’s less prevalent in girls), I don’t have so strong a preference that I want to find out during pregnancy to get used to the idea of a certain gender like I did the last two times. I’m really looking forward to finding out at the birth, but will miss the excitement of a gender scan, buying gender specific baby clothes, having its name decided upon during pregnancy to help me bond with it, knowing what it is so I can visualise our family better etc.

So I may have been peeing on hCG strips all night just loving seeing lines :blush: Me? POAS obsessed? Never!!!!

Campn: You are too lovely :haha: what a beautiful thing to say. Cannot wait for your scan tomorrow!!! I’ll be checking back on tenterhooks!

Gina: Yikes!! $3000! That’s insane! :( over here I paid £585 and thought that was expensive, but $3000 blows that price out the water. Even an IUI here only costs around £1000. I’m so sorry it’s so expensive for you! As to the not knowing whether you need it; I am all with you on that one! I hate that I wasted nearly £600 on a procedure that lasted less than a minute and proved there was nothing wrong :( I’m worried this cycle too with the cost of these scans and all these meds - in total it will be nearly £500 for the two scans and all the medication. That’s half an IUI :(

Bee: Your chart is looking stable and lovely. Clearly the femara is helping create stable hormones and a perfect environment for your lining to grow and follies to get a move on!

Texas: I am willing your body to ovulate! It has kept you hanging around for ages this cycle. I hope you get your temp shift really soon!

Smille: Thank you :blush: Sorry you have to wait so long! I remember you saying now when you were umming and ahhhing over whether to do the 12 week scan. How lovely to hear the heartbeat though. So reassuring!

We are staying team yellow this time around. We have our boy and girl and even though I am veering towards wanting another girl (almost entirely due to the lesser risk of having another autistic child as it’s less prevalent in girls), I don’t have so strong a preference that I want to find out during pregnancy to get used to the idea of a certain gender like I did the last two times. I’m really looking forward to finding out at the birth, but will miss the excitement of a gender scan, buying gender specific baby clothes, having its name decided upon during pregnancy to help me bond with it, knowing what it is so I can visualise our family better etc.

So I may have been peeing on hCG strips all night just loving seeing lines :blush: Me? POAS obsessed? Never!!!!

Its okay, i've taken 3 HCG tests today... and 3 LH tests... I am 2 DPO... I like peeing on things apparently XD You are not alone!

Smille- Thank you hun and all of you ladies for the sweet comments on my new avatar. I do have w filter on how can I not!? Hehehe but the glow is real, it's my natural yucky oily face :p

Hi ladies I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm currently TTC #2. We've been trying since January. We took March off so as soon as AF comes we start back on track. :) my hubby is even taking a few vacation days so we can try since all the months previous we didn't really get to dtd all that much.

Welcome to all the new ladies! Sorry my brain can't keep track of every post but I'm sending all of you baby dust! <3

Welcome thorpedo!! Soooo excited for new ttcers!! Next month sounds like it's going to be your month !!

Camp 16 weeks omg !?! I won't be sleeping well tonight waiting on our own little gender reveal party for you tomorrow! I wish there was a fun way for us to reveal it on the thread ....!

I think I got my temp rise today??? Need a few more days but it's looking like I O'd!! Now I have a question. Could I have O'd saturday and just had a small rise from saturday to Sunday and then it take another few days to really rise?? 2 out of the 3 temps besides today's were higher than what they had been for most of the cycle. The reason why I ask is because my cm doesn't match up with O yesterday. It's been creamy since Sunday. There is just more of it now... Anyway hope it stays up. Even if O was yesterday I still have a shot since we bd 3 and 2 days before O. But I'm hoping O was Saturday cause that makes my odds better lol

Texas it's possible. I believe they say generally it's a .4 degree jump and that was almost a .3 jump. With your cm and everything it definitely looks like it was Saturday and you just had a fall back rise. FX for you!!

hmm texas that is a tough one. I've found that my temp trumps everything else when it comes to when I o'ed. I've had months where my cm was creamy for a day or two also but FF marked it with the temp jump and I always assume it's been correct as my LP has stayed 14 days. My guess then is that you O'ed yesterday with your temp as the biggest indicator. but the good news is that regardless you O'ed and the BD isn't too bad for any day! :happydance:

Campn love the picture, absolutely beautiful hun. Will keep FX for your gender scan, and a cooperative active LO.

Bee and Squirrel I am so excited for you both. Everything crossed for you ladies. You both deserve your BFPs I cannot wait to see those tests this month.

Gina that is insane. I hope they work things out a bit more and it becomes easier for you. FX all the same for this cycle, sending dusts hun.

TeX I hate that this cycle was so confusing. Even though I know the minimal about temps I hope Saturday was your day.

Iris super late but a huge congratulations hun! H&H 9 months.

Welcome to all the new members!

Finally should be done with the disappearing acts. We finally closed and moved into our new home. Finished unpacking the last box last night, and Shy finally got a good night's rest. I missed you all and if I left anyone out, my apologies.

Yeah either way I'm glad it hopefully happened. As long as it stays up for the next 2 days I will get my crosshairs lol

Yay drum for being moved in and a good nights sleep!

Bee! Getting closer to O!

Squirell- looking forward to seeing an awesome temp spike from you too!

Welcome to all the new ladies as well

woohoo!!

I take my first opk today. I almost forgot to grab one before I left for work! :dohh: I'm fully expecting it to be negative but just following drs orders. My right ovary was killing me last night. It's going to be hard to do a hold for the opk because as my bladder starts to fill up, it pushes against the ovary. so hoping for good news on the follie front! :haha:

Bee good luck with your OPK! I really feel like the femara will help and IUI will be a success!

After playing around with FF and putting in future temps it gives me solid crosshairs with O on Monday. WHich means I have super awesome timing having bd at -3 -2 and -1 days before O!! Eek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->