6 DPO...& ...POAS until positive!

So temp rose a little today...pretty normal for the ups and downs before o I know but at least I have a solid line connecting today's and yesterday's temp Yaye...:)
Will be opk ing on sat/ sun ...I wonder what day I o this time...it seems my o days have been all over the place for me.....cd17 cd13 cd19' s....last was cd 13 tho so hoping its nearer there than later...

Barbs I tried to email ff support last night but I wasn't able to eventually as I don not have the exclusive VIP membership yet...I only have 10 days of free membership left then I shall purchase the VIP access...

Well girls I'm going to see my gp this after this cycle if it doesn't work...I'm getting fearful that ttc is going to take a long time again...I'm getting myself in a right mess over thinking about it...I really can not go through that again....7 yrs is just too long...if I even had to wait half as long it's too much...ill wind up loosing my head over it and that's not worth it...

Well il be back later

:) :) :) xxx

IF you've got runs & nausea it's either food borne or you've got some bug. Sorry to hear :( That really sucks. I hope you feel better soon. If you have any fresh ginger at home, brew it with hot water for ginger tea. Helps my stomach all the time. Or ask for hubby to bring home some for you. Trust me!!!!!
I am the Queen of stomach problems LOL

Nat, it may be worth for you to go to your doctor & get a referral to a fertility doctor. If it took you 7 years last time, there may be a simple solution. OR if you can afford IUI, it could speed things along. Did you ever see a fertility doctor before? And what was the reason it took you so long with your son?

You know, Nat, I can't imagine another 14 months to get a bfp like we did this time. So I can totally understand your "I dont want to wait that long again" feeling. 7 years is a very, very long time to wait.

You know, Nat, I can't imagine another 14 months to get a bfp like we did this time. So I can totally understand your "I dont want to wait that long again" feeling. 7 years is a very, very long time to wait.

Completely understand how you feel there barb...
I've had bloods done a few years ago at my gps just see if I even ovulate...and in my early 20's I had a couple of very early mc's...I had bloods done to see if there was anything significant going on as too see why mc'swas caused and I was diognosed with HYPOthyriodism- this is the main reason for my infertility issues...

Iui IS an option for us I think...I'm defo going to ask gp about it...she will totally reason with me about it too as I have a good patient relationship with her and have built this over some yrs now...she knows my plight will be genuine...
Now that I can show her that I have kept lots of records of my af's and have it in "black and white" what's actually going on with my cycles I'm hoping we won't have to wait long for the next step...

I have a friend with hyperthyroidism & she's been telling me how hard it would be for her to be pregnant. You're in remission?

I have a friend with hyperthyroidism & she's been telling me how hard it would be for her to be pregnant. You're in remission?

No not in remission...I'm constantly under review and being regularly tested-bloods all the time....I've got the under active part of it...it's very annoying to live with...some days I would never know I have it and some days I feel soo tired and drained and sick....it give me palpitations and and my kidneys hurt alot and i also get poor blood cell counts sometimes too...I used to be on thyroxine for it but it honestly made me feel even worse...sometimes my gp will override that decision and make me take it as if I get too under active it can be quite dangerous...but I seem to be coping alrigt lately- touch wood. :)
I know when it's got bad again as I will wake up and I feel like I'm about to pass out...that's when I need to take my thyroxine again.

I've read ALOT about it over the yrs that I've had it and I'm almost sure my old gp got it wrong you know....I'm thinking I have the OVER active thyroid...I do not have the main typical symptom of under active...as I am not obese...I also found out that temping shows signs of under or over active thyriodism too...a typical temp for over active is VERY high temps....like I get when in leutel stage of temping...
I'm going to show my gp and insist she test me for over active lol

Sorry to hear your friend is finding it difficult too...it must be horrible for her...I hope it all works out well for her in the end :)

So how are you holding up today barbs...good I hope :)

Hi Ladies

I am starting to recover from this stomach bug... looks like its probably a 48 hour thing so I should be fine by tomorrow. I do feel much beter today but I still have bad (TMI) runs and an upset tummy. As long as I am not in the fetal position anymore I am happy though lol.

I am sitting here at work with two gatorades on my desk and abottle of pepto LOL. I lost 2.5 pounds yesterday! The only upside lol....

Anywhoo so my OPK wasnt positive yesterday and since I am having to drink loads of fluid I am done with them for the month - I am sure I have O'd by now as I never O this late. I will just leave it to chance and see if AF shows or not - I definitely expect her given how this month went though.

Happy Friday :)

Hey Nat, my friend has overactive & it went into remission for almost a year but it came back. Poor thing. They keep trying to get her to get radiation but she went a long time w/o needing meds & she's doing a lot of alternative medicine stuff that helped her last year. Unfortunately a massive bout of stress brought her thyroid condition back. I just hope she will recover. And now she's starting to really think about how this will affect her having a child. It's sad.

Meg, I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. I think you've already ovulated. That's my opinion. Some times it's really easy to miss when you're using OPKs. I've had one instance where had I not taken the 4th test around 8pm that night, I never would have seen the positive test. This is also another reason when I was using OPKs that I would check my cervix b/c I would know when I'm in my fertile time & when it was over. So, if I miss a positive OPK, at least I know I caught my peak time.

I went in for another HCG test this morning. I took a pregnancy test too & it was still positive. It was lighter than Wednesday's but still there. So I think it's going down? But I don't anticipate a 0 for a while. I hope when I go back on Monday, it will show 0.
I'll update you guys later. xo

Hey Nat, my friend has overactive & it went into remission for almost a year but it came back. Poor thing. They keep trying to get her to get radiation but she went a long time w/o needing meds & she's doing a lot of alternative medicine stuff that helped her last year. Unfortunately a massive bout of stress brought her thyroid condition back. I just hope she will recover. And now she's starting to really think about how this will affect her having a child. It's sad.

Meg, I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better. I think you've already ovulated. That's my opinion. Some times it's really easy to miss when you're using OPKs. I've had one instance where had I not taken the 4th test around 8pm that night, I never would have seen the positive test. This is also another reason when I was using OPKs that I would check my cervix b/c I would know when I'm in my fertile time & when it was over. So, if I miss a positive OPK, at least I know I caught my peak time.

I went in for another HCG test this morning. I took a pregnancy test too & it was still positive. It was lighter than Wednesday's but still there. So I think it's going down? But I don't anticipate a 0 for a while. I hope when I go back on Monday, it will show 0.
I'll update you guys later. xo

Yes update us later - if its lighter that is a a good sign.. I wish there was something you could take to make it go to 0 fast!!

Meg you have no idea! I wish there was too LOL
I thought 'hmm if i drink a lot of water & pee a lot will that help?'. but my body seems to metabolise it slowly. Even when I get the shot, it takes a long time for me to expel it.
GAH what a miserable day. The weather is SO nasty today :(

I know its terrible out there. I hope it clears up. I am taking myself to Vaughan Mills for a shopping spree tomorrow LOL

Shopping Spree - what a nice idea indeed!
I'll be shopping for houses most of the weekend. And doing house chores. How 'fun' is that?
I have to step outside soon & I'm so reluctant. I was hoping I could get my call from the clinic first but doesn't seem like it. I guess I'm low on the priority list these days & get the later calls - lol. Anywho!!!!
I know based on my preggo test that I'll be back on Monday. These early mornings are gross, I have to tell ya. 6 am wake up calls are not fun. And the clinic is so busy these days. It's funny how there are lulls where there is barely anyone there & then BOOM the waiting area gets so busy that we have to stand for a while. Sad that there are this many woman with fertility issues :(

Shopping Spree - what a nice idea indeed!
I'll be shopping for houses most of the weekend. And doing house chores. How 'fun' is that?
I have to step outside soon & I'm so reluctant. I was hoping I could get my call from the clinic first but doesn't seem like it. I guess I'm low on the priority list these days & get the later calls - lol. Anywho!!!!
I know based on my preggo test that I'll be back on Monday. These early mornings are gross, I have to tell ya. 6 am wake up calls are not fun. And the clinic is so busy these days. It's funny how there are lulls where there is barely anyone there & then BOOM the waiting area gets so busy that we have to stand for a while. Sad that there are this many woman with fertility issues :(

Really eh? I wondered what they were like.. i.e. busy or not... 6am wake up calls jeez that is nuts. My clinic is 20 min away so I am not sure how convenient that will feel for me when/if I go

Yeah re shopping spree - I have not bought clothes really in over a year and I lost 35 lbs in the last year so nothing fits me. and while yes that sounds good and all it is actually horrible because I have a wardrobe of useless old baggy clothes that look like shit. I have only a few tops and pants that I rotate between.. its bad. So I am going to do something about it! I was going to wait until we went to the condo in Florida as I usuall do my shopping there but we arent going until September now and I cant wait that long!!! Plus I think I deserve it haha

Hey if you lost all that weight, you deserve new threads :) Do it up!!!

My clinic is 30 minute drive at that time of the morning & its on the way to work so it's fine. It's open from 6:15am to 8.30am for blood work & ultrasound. And you gotta go early b/c often times, there are loads of woman waiting.

Yay my levels are at 8.8 today! So I don't have to go back in until I see her on the 26th for my followup appointment.
So I think I'll start OPK at the end of this weekend - or Monday.

Yay my levels are at 8.8 today! So I don't have to go back in until I see her on the 26th for my followup appointment.
So I think I'll start OPK at the end of this weekend - or Monday.

Hey wow thats great almost there Barb - you should be in this month then no?? Major FX... what a month you have had.... xoxo

I'm so pleased barbs hopefully you will be in for this month :) sorry I'm not about much - I am reading! Keeping everything crossed for you ladies x

I'm not sure ladies if I'm in this month. If my numbers hit 0 by Monday-ish then I guess two weeks after that I could Ovulate.
But here is the thing: I didnt conceive on my own - it was through IUI. So I dont have a lot of fate.

I'm not sure ladies if I'm in this month. If my numbers hit 0 by Monday-ish then I guess two weeks after that I could Ovulate.
But here is the thing: I didnt conceive on my own - it was through IUI. So I dont have a lot of fate.

I know what you mean but IUI isn't nearly as invasive as IVF. I know someone who got pg on their own after 3 cycles of IUI and a loss so it does happen. I think it's good you know the IUI can get you pg now we need baby dust for the stickiest little bean. It's so crap that there's just as much if not more to obsess about after the bfp. The bfp is merely a teensy stepping stone.

I got pregnant on my own before so it's possible however I don't want to wait another yr. that's why we did IUI. If this cycle is a bust then I wanna get back to IUi in May. IUI worked for us so it should work again. But it would be super nice if it worked on our own. FX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->