6 DPO...& ...POAS until positive!

Yeah go big or go home, I say.

I'm here for a while. I aim to be at the restaurant for 7pm-ish so I don't have to leave work probably until around 6:15 or so.

Love your tattoos! Esp the one for your daughter! Just gorgeous and lovely name as well! AFM I only have one tattoo, a Salvador Dali elephant with his signature, was planning another one as a grad gift but my gift was a bfp instead! So that's on hold!

Thanks Talia! :)
And nice, take a photo :) ehehe

hey I wanted your ladies opinion. This other forum I started which is about Assisted Conception, we have a woman how insists on updating everyone on her pregnancy & posting all her ultra sound images. I've noticed a lot of woman ignore her but I am tempted to maybe remind her that this is a forum for woman who haven't yet conceived & it's very difficult & posting her photos all the time is probably not the most sensitive....

What do you think?!

There, not a great angle but its too hot to move over here lol!

I would definitely pm her or something. You'd think she'd have the wherewithal to realize how hurtful those updates can be esp when everyone is experiencing something different, the let down of another AF or milestones, anniversaries. Yes rejoice and recount your success story but then tone it down. I don't think its appropriate at all. Those are things for 'the tri's or pregnancy club etc. everyone knows how a forum works if they were curious they search for you and look up your journal or posts in other categories... Not to be rude but That's the way I see it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 5
awesome!!! What's your tat? looks pretty cool.....

Thanks Talia - I thought so too. I PM'd one of the girls on that board for her opinion.
It's one thing how you've kept us up to date but she literariliy be like

"im so excited! im 20 weeks tomorrow and going for a scan and im so excited and blah blah blah"
then later "oh here's my scan & blah blah blah" and I'm like 'serioulsy? there are woman here on the same PAGE saying how hard it is like fuck off.

Thanks, I'm glad you don't mind me hanging out here and updating a wee but. But honestly it's only when asked or its in passing that I have a scan etc. same with a few threads I keep track of in ttc and TWW... I would probably want to punch her. I have not experienced anything like you strong ladies have, ttc or loss related. but my mom had a stillbirth and plenty of fertility issues (all 3 of us are adopted) when I was younger and it's just not something you need to rub in. Everything is a reminder as it is. Being on that forum is a reminder let alone twats like that! Grr! Sorry didn't think I'd be so heated about it, hormones? Lol

You're totally right though! Everything's a reminder.
The worst of it is so many of us have gone through chemicals or MC & are going through it & she's posting photos of a fetus. It's just so tasteless. And she went through this crap too so I dont get it. Anyway I vow to be neutral & considerate of all my TTC friends if my time comes.

I'm sorry for your mom, that's awful. How'd she loose a baby?, if you dont mind me asking?

Oh exactly I bet you the % are pretty high for chems and mc. I completely agree, it's tasteless, exactly the word!

No I don't mind the asking, honestly I didn't know until sometime in the last year. It was something very sad and not really dealt with well in my family. But we did have that conversation recently and my guess is some sort of placental abruption. My mom was on bed rest for a bit and a few days after sending her home again she stopped feeling movements and by the time she got back it was too late. Around 8 months along... It's so crazy, she'd be graduated from high school. It's just devastating, not really to me exactly for the loss cuz I was about 9 I think but just that my mom never had the proper support or anything through it, esp from my dad. And it really tears me apart and I have a lot of anger related to it. I didn't really realize until I started doing some counselling last fall with anxiety and stuff during school!
Anyways maybe that's why ignorant people remind me of how some people just make bad situations 100x worse!

Thanks both of you - barb and Talia - those were really thoughtful posts. I agree it is tasteless and barb the way you put it is perfectly acceptable to say to this woman. Obviously she has NO sense but perhaps this will keep her in check. I would have no regrets in asking her to be considerate. That would bother me.

Talia you are never inconsiderate - and I ask for updates a lot because I am genuinely interested and care how you are doing. I am really glad you stayed with us after your bfp :)

Your tat is cool too!

Well I am off to watch a movie with DH. Along with the bottle of wine he just brought me home from a golf tournament hahha. Xx

Happy Friday....5DPO over here - yawnnnnnnnnn

Any plans this weekend people? We dont have any plans and I am happy about that!!

Oh exactly I bet you the % are pretty high for chems and mc. I completely agree, it's tasteless, exactly the word!

No I don't mind the asking, honestly I didn't know until sometime in the last year. It was something very sad and not really dealt with well in my family. But we did have that conversation recently and my guess is some sort of placental abruption. My mom was on bed rest for a bit and a few days after sending her home again she stopped feeling movements and by the time she got back it was too late. Around 8 months along... It's so crazy, she'd be graduated from high school. It's just devastating, not really to me exactly for the loss cuz I was about 9 I think but just that my mom never had the proper support or anything through it, esp from my dad. And it really tears me apart and I have a lot of anger related to it. I didn't really realize until I started doing some counselling last fall with anxiety and stuff during school!
Anyways maybe that's why ignorant people remind me of how some people just make bad situations 100x worse!

Oh wow, your poor mom. It's just horrible - its an absolute nightmare.
She never tried again after or that's when she had MC's?
I'm so sorry for her. Back in those times things were so different. My therapist went through Infertility & there was no support in the 90s even so she started her own practice. I started going to her when we lost our daughter but now I go to her from time to time to deal with my infertility & she's been great!

Yes you're right. Anyway I sent her a nice message so hopefully it'll be all good going forward.

How are you doing today?

Hello Meg! How was that bottle of wine?
I think I got a head ache this morning from the two glasses I had yesterday at the dinner bwahahaha!

My friend was totally floored at the party...check out the photo I attached :)

No plans for me. DH working on finishing the basement. I have to work on posting the apartment in other places online cuz it's not working what I'm doing - the kijiji & craigslist. And other than that I plan to do some cooking & relaxing & going for runs because next weekend is our Sickkids run :) We raised $850!!!

You ladies?!

Cd8 over here...takin kids camping for the wkend..lotsa work!!! Lol have a treasure hunt of sorts planned for them. Outta b a fun time! We have seperatebtents so we can get our groove on..haha

7dpo for me Zzzzz i dont have anything going on no symptoms at all, i might sneak a test tomorrow night when i get home so i can calm my poas itch lol like i said i doubt this cycle so much i dont know if i even ovulated which doesnt help much :/ x

Oh wow, your poor mom. It's just horrible - its an absolute nightmare.
She never tried again after or that's when she had MC's?
I'm so sorry for her. Back in those times things were so different. My therapist went through Infertility & there was no support in the 90s even so she started her own practice. I started going to her when we lost our daughter but now I go to her from time to time to deal with my infertility & she's been great!

Yes you're right. Anyway I sent her a nice message so hopefully it'll be all good going forward.

How are you doing today?

Wow Talia, I can't believe what your mum has been through... what a strong woman.. There really wasnt support then - it is still so lacking now in many places.

Hello Meg! How was that bottle of wine?
I think I got a head ache this morning from the two glasses I had yesterday at the dinner bwahahaha!

My friend was totally floored at the party...check out the photo I attached :)

No plans for me. DH working on finishing the basement. I have to work on posting the apartment in other places online cuz it's not working what I'm doing - the kijiji & craigslist. And other than that I plan to do some cooking & relaxing & going for runs because next weekend is our Sickkids run :) We raised $850!!!

You ladies?!

I only had a glass.. try not to overdo it in the 2ww haha... but it was good!! I will have some more tonight lol

I am glad the party was such a success - you didnt attach a photo though hehe!

Good for you re the sickkids run... :) I will hit the treadmill this weekend too... did 5-6 days last week and in the 2ww I am always just nervous for some reason - its so silly.

7dpo for me Zzzzz i dont have anything going on no symptoms at all, i might sneak a test tomorrow night when i get home so i can calm my poas itch lol like i said i doubt this cycle so much i dont know if i even ovulated which doesnt help much :/ x

Natalie - do you want to join our 11DPO pact? You can do it! I wont be testing until then..... its hard but worth the wait I think. What do you think??

Cd8 over here...takin kids camping for the wkend..lotsa work!!! Lol have a treasure hunt of sorts planned for them. Outta b a fun time! We have seperatebtents so we can get our groove on..haha

That sounds great momma... and good thing you have your own tent haha!! Gotta keep that fun going lol... enjoy and hope you have good weather - where are you located again?

Momma, have fun! I LOVE camping! We went twice this summer.

Natalie - yes join our 11dpo pact! No testing until 11dpo the EARLIEST!
I might not even know when I am 11dpo, forcing to wait later b/c I've not decided if I'm going to use OPK or not. I know when I'm fertile w/o it...

Meg what you up to?

BTW, Nat emailed me - she's having internet trouble, that's why she's been MIA!

I got distracted lol...here is a photo of Sandra & I'm all blurry on the left lol

Attachments

• sandra.jpg
    sandra.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 7
Ya it's terrible, I had no real idea at the time but my mom I'm pretty sure suffered from postpartum depression too, when we had this convo she told me that for the next year she's send us to school and just cry all day everyday. So sad. And I forgot to mention that my anxiety has a lot to do with that time because I was like her main support. She used to talk to me which isn't something a little kid can deal with or comprehend. So I've always felt that big pressure to keep her together and solve all our families shit. Ugh... Anywho it's interesting how these events affect everyone. And barb I don't know of they ended up trying again... It was probably the final straw in their marriage, they're still together 'for the kids' until my youngest bro is graduated.. So frustratingly unhealthy.. All the mc's were prior and then they adopted my youngest brother a few years after they lost her...

Otherwise, I'm good, work is an absolute shit show and its frustrating. I've had a few days off and I just hate coming back to this. Short staffed and way too many complicated patients. You can't even feel good about the care you give... Blah I've started painting some decorations for the nursery so that's some zen time I have planned, inspired by barbs classes! Lol I can post a pic if you guys wanna peek at the first one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->