6 DPO...& ...POAS until positive!

You have a fear of flying???
Where are you going? I see that you're going some where but I missed where.

I haven't been on a plane before so i am scared, i don't know what to expect lol i think I've seen to many horror movies, i'm going to gran canaria, i never thought of the flight until now.

oh that sounds awesome! Enjoy!!
well there are meds to calm people who are nervous flyers if you can get to your doctor.
other wise I'm really not sure. I get nervous too but I just keep distracted & I'm fine once we're in the air.

Ok ladies, well we did it. Our first fertility consult.

The clinic was very nice and easy to find. When we got there we had to complete some paperwork with our medical histories - it was 8 pages for me and 2 for DH. That kept us busy until the doctor came - about a half hour.

I was very relieved meeting this doctor. She was pretty (as if that matters but you know), very warm and friendly and honestly just plain kind. She talked to us about our histories for a bit, and where we were at with TTC. She asked why we pushed back our initial appointment way back in February and I was honest and said DH thinks we are jumping the gun a little. She said that it makes sense scientifically after a year to start to get tested and see if there is anything going on. The fact that I have regular cycles, and positive OPK is a good indicator that I am ovulating fine. I told her about the chemical in June and I said I was trying to see it as a positive sign for fertility and she said it was a good sign for sure.

Our first step is to get bloodwork done - infectious disease and all of that stuff. Then I will go in on CD3 of my next cycle for the CD3 exam and ultrasound. I will also go in somewhere between CD6-11 for a Sonohysterogram where she will put water through my tubes and see that they are not blocked and working fine. Aside from bloodwork, and those two tests for me, DH has to do a sperm analysis next month and that's it for tests for now. They are open on weekends and have early morning hours so I should be able to get most of my stuff done without having to miss any time from work I hope. Everything is covered by the government except for the semen analysis which is $125.00 so not too bad.

I basically told her that we are here to get the initial testing done, see if there are any issues, and if not (or if an easy fix) to keep trying naturally for awhile and hopefully it happens in the next several months. She seemed to agree that made sense.

We will go back together in about 6 weeks to discuss the results with them and see where we are at. I am optimistic like I said, but the reassurance is important to me and if everything comes back great, then great. We will go from there.

DH was definitely nervous and uncomfortable. I felt badly - I wish he didn't have to be a part of that process as strange as that sounds. He just has to do blood and semen and hopefully that's it for him. He thinks I am rushing this but is doing it to make me happy. I said I just want to know everythings fine because for all I know, I will be 35, still trying, and the whole time it was something easy to fix... and I didn't know.

Lastly, I spoke with her about the bacterial vaginosis from the month I had my chemical and how I took antibiotics, etc. She said that BV would NOT affect my ability to conceive. I did read medical journal that said it can, but I trust the doctor she knows what she's doing.

All in all an interesting experience, I think I will go for bloods this weekend and get em done.

She did do a vaginal exam today - it felt like a PAP but it was not a PAP - I wish I knew she was going to do that so I could have prepped the patch LOL!!! damn.... oh well, no going back now!

I haven't been on a plane before so i am scared, i don't know what to expect lol i think I've seen to many horror movies, i'm going to gran canaria, i never thought of the flight until now.

Booze... I am not even kidding lol. I am a nervous flyer and a couple glasses of wine or cocktails goes a long way to keeping me calm and relaxed. I am good once I am up in the air but those first 20 min suck for me....

you will probably enjoy your first plane ride though it is definitely an experience!

I would try booze but as soon as i get a glass of any thing alcoholic down my throat i can pee for england literally every 5mins i have something wrong with my bladder it doesnt empty properly so i tend to pee every 30-60mins on a normal day it would be annoying on a plane lol x

If alcohol affects your bbts....does this apply even to a couple, not enough to get drunk?

I would try booze but as soon as i get a glass of any thing alcoholic down my throat i can pee for england literally every 5mins i have something wrong with my bladder it doesnt empty properly so i tend to pee every 30-60mins on a normal day it would be annoying on a plane lol x

For your first flight if it were me, I would just see how it goes. Try to be excited if you can! You may even enjoy it :) Have a great time

If alcohol affects your bbts....does this apply even to a couple, not enough to get drunk?

So long as you are only testing the second you wake up, and you aren't getting bombed all night, it should be fine.

The clinic was very nice and easy to find. When we got there we had to complete some paperwork with our medical histories - it was 8 pages for me and 2 for DH. That kept us busy until the doctor came - about a half hour.

I was very relieved meeting this doctor. She was pretty (as if that matters but you know), very warm and friendly and honestly just plain kind. She talked to us about our histories for a bit, and where we were at with TTC. She asked why we pushed back our initial appointment way back in February and I was honest and said DH thinks we are jumping the gun a little. She said that it makes sense scientifically after a year to start to get tested and see if there is anything going on. The fact that I have regular cycles, and positive OPK is a good indicator that I am ovulating fine. I told her about the chemical in June and I said I was trying to see it as a positive sign for fertility and she said it was a good sign for sure.

Our first step is to get bloodwork done - infectious disease and all of that stuff. Then I will go in on CD3 of my next cycle for the CD3 exam and ultrasound. I will also go in somewhere between CD6-11 for a Sonohysterogram where she will put water through my tubes and see that they are not blocked and working fine. Aside from bloodwork, and those two tests for me, DH has to do a sperm analysis next month and that's it for tests for now. They are open on weekends and have early morning hours so I should be able to get most of my stuff done without having to miss any time from work I hope. Everything is covered by the government except for the semen analysis which is $125.00 so not too bad.

I basically told her that we are here to get the initial testing done, see if there are any issues, and if not (or if an easy fix) to keep trying naturally for awhile and hopefully it happens in the next several months. She seemed to agree that made sense.

We will go back together in about 6 weeks to discuss the results with them and see where we are at. I am optimistic like I said, but the reassurance is important to me and if everything comes back great, then great. We will go from there.

DH was definitely nervous and uncomfortable. I felt badly - I wish he didn't have to be a part of that process as strange as that sounds. He just has to do blood and semen and hopefully that's it for him. He thinks I am rushing this but is doing it to make me happy. I said I just want to know everythings fine because for all I know, I will be 35, still trying, and the whole time it was something easy to fix... and I didn't know.

Lastly, I spoke with her about the bacterial vaginosis from the month I had my chemical and how I took antibiotics, etc. She said that BV would NOT affect my ability to conceive. I did read medical journal that said it can, but I trust the doctor she knows what she's doing.

All in all an interesting experience, I think I will go for bloods this weekend and get em done.

She did do a vaginal exam today - it felt like a PAP but it was not a PAP - I wish I knew she was going to do that so I could have prepped the patch LOL!!! damn.... oh well, no going back now!

Yay! Happy for you.
That's great - sounds a lot like what I went through. I did the Sono as well.
Any question you have, you know who to talk to ;)
Will you be doing a month of Cycle Monitoring??

And you know what, don't feel too sorry for DH. If he didn't want to be there, he wouldn't. And some times the men need to do it for US. Like the doctor said...after a year, it's time to see a doctor. You know it's not much different than having other medical issues. Some thing's not up to snuff. And you're right - I wanted to know if it was smth small to fix & easy then why would I wait in agony any longer?

And btw, compared to the testing you have to go through - DH has it lucky.
I told my hubby...how is it he gets to have an orgasm for his tests & I just get poked & prodded with no enjoyment at all? Not fair!!!!! :haha:
It's weird for the men at first but they get used to it eventually. I think you did the right thing.

Are you doing the DNA Defrag test or just the regular SA?
And are all your bloods covered under OHIP?

So long as you are only testing the second you wake up, and you aren't getting bombed all night, it should be fine.

No i doubt i will be doing that, i think those days are long behind me...i'm only 23 but i don't think i could keep up with all nighters lol

Even 1 drink raises your internal temperature a bit.
But honestly - when you have your thermal shift after Ovulation - You WILL know. So don't worry.

That all sounds great, hopefully everything goes great and you conceive naturally rather than have to further investigate :)

Even 1 drink raises your internal temperature a bit.
But honestly - when you have your thermal shift after Ovulation - You WILL know. So don't worry.

Ahh good, i will probably post my chart when i get back and see what you all think.

I'm looking forward to going, and being away for half of the tww. I'm not testing until 11dpo again...well maybe 10dpo if i cant contain myself lol :)

Yay! Happy for you.
That's great - sounds a lot like what I went through. I did the Sono as well.
Any question you have, you know who to talk to ;)
Will you be doing a month of Cycle Monitoring??

And you know what, don't feel too sorry for DH. If he didn't want to be there, he wouldn't. And some times the men need to do it for US. Like the doctor said...after a year, it's time to see a doctor. You know it's not much different than having other medical issues. Some thing's not up to snuff. And you're right - I wanted to know if it was smth small to fix & easy then why would I wait in agony any longer?

And btw, compared to the testing you have to go through - DH has it lucky.
I told my hubby...how is it he gets to have an orgasm for his tests & I just get poked & prodded with no enjoyment at all? Not fair!!!!! :haha:
It's weird for the men at first but they get used to it eventually. I think you did the right thing.

Are you doing the DNA Defrag test or just the regular SA?
And are all your bloods covered under OHIP?

Thanks Barb you made me feel better :)

No cycle monitoring was not brought up just yet... the 4 tests for me and 2 for DH to start and we will see where we are at in about 6 weeks or so. (may be more like 7 or 8 after vacay will have to see)

Too funny re orgasm vs. poke and prod - so true! I got poked today real good! haha...

I think its a regular SA for DH - I just looked over the requisition but I could be wrong.

I am eager to get mine done - kind of excited in a strange way. And yes I definitely know who to talk to haha. Don't you worry

Starting OPK's tomorrow weeeeeeeeeeeee

EDIT: Yes Barb all the bloods are covered - just SA needs to be paid for

Meg, I get it - the excitement.
When ever I have a new game plan that could bring me that much closer to getting pregnant - I get a renewed sense of hope. And hope keeps me going.

It's like with my second opinion & with the TCM & Acupuncture.
I just want to get pregnant already you know? I"m so tired. It feels like an eternity.

I would try booze but as soon as i get a glass of any thing alcoholic down my throat i can pee for england literally every 5mins i have something wrong with my bladder it doesnt empty properly so i tend to pee every 30-60mins on a normal day lol x

Meg, I get it - the excitement.
When ever I have a new game plan that could bring me that much closer to getting pregnant - I get a renewed sense of hope. And hope keeps me going.

It's like with my second opinion & with the TCM & Acupuncture.
I just want to get pregnant already you know? I"m so tired. It feels like an eternity.

Exactly - you are so right. Well we are being proactive and staying sane.. that has to count for something xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->