6 DPO...& ...POAS until positive!

Bam! Now that is POSITIVE!!!!!
Get busay!!!! Fertilize that eggy!!!!

I was optimistic today and bought a 2 pack FRER & a digital just in case I get pregnant this month! If I do, I hope to surprise hubby on Xmas day but that might be too early.
Crossing my fingers & eating my pineapple core!!!

Now wouldnt that be fun! Good luck Barbs XOXOXO - I am hoping for a new years eve bean LMAO..... we will see I guess!

Ahh Here i am again in the 2WW

We did not BD last night but we did BD this morning.... I hope I did not miss my chance...... so I did Thursday, Friday, Sat am, Sat pm, and Tuesday am...

Now Barb can I ask you a question? I know you say to stop taking the OPK once you get your positive - But if I took it today and it was STILL positive would that mean I havent ovulated YET or no?? I am just wondering how good my chances are really......

Well I hope we both get our bfp's & we can both be in 1st Trimester together! That would be so much fun! And it sounds to me like you got lots of sex in so don't stress about it....it's said that up to 3 days prior to ovulation is the best timing because of the amount of time it takes the sperm to make it to the ovaries & then they sit there waiting for the egg to be released. So, you're OK :)

I see Nimbec answered your question about OPK but I've never read anything to support that conclusion. I've read that once it goes positive to stop testing - that is your day for LH surge & you'll ovulate from 12-48 hours after that day. Usually it's the next day. I am not sure about the theory that it means the egg hasn't been released. I know when I did blood tests at the clinic, my LH hormone rose really high & then the day after, LH hormone dropped significantly indicating egg was released. I should try peeing on OPK after a positive & see what happens. I hope I dont have to but if I'm not pregnant in January, I'll try it for the sake of it. And then if I'm into February with IUI, I will be doing monitoring again so I can test with OPK & blood test & see if it lines up.

Thanks Barb - all helpful. :) I wish I had got one extra BD in there but I am sure it is plenty...

I hope we are in first tri together toooooooo

Hi ladies I was told by fertility consultant to keep testing as pos only means a surge and surge can last for days, you can even surge more than once but not release an egg ... So the neg test shows surge is over but u need to keep bding through to be totally covered. Having said that people get pg from one off sex days and days before/after O so I wouldn't worry too much about it!! I'm sure you have done plenty!!! Oh and my raise in temp confirmed o along with neg OPK - I was obsessed tho :/

Hi ladies I was told by fertility consultant to keep testing as pos only means a surge and surge can last for days, you can even surge more than once but not release an egg ... So the neg test shows surge is over but u need to keep bding through to be totally covered. Having said that people get pg from one off sex days and days before/after O so I wouldn't worry too much about it!! I'm sure you have done plenty!!! Oh and my raise in temp confirmed o along with neg OPK - I was obsessed tho :/

No thats really helpful Nimbec - Good to know for sure. If I had any more OPK's I would have kept testing but sadly my BFP OPK was my last one (not including the one i botched haha)

So I will order some for next cycle if and when AF shows her hideous snarly face lmao:winkwink:

I will test this theory! I was temping and using OPK for about 4-5 months and I ovulated the day after my positive OPK.
I've also planned to start testing again as of tomorrow (6dpo) and testing w an OPK to see what happens throughout the tww. I'm bored :p lol
Turns out I will be 11 dpi by Christmas so I should know by them if I'm knocked up right? I think so!

I will test this theory! I was temping and using OPK for about 4-5 months and I ovulated the day after my positive OPK.
I've also planned to start testing again as of tomorrow (6dpo) and testing w an OPK to see what happens throughout the tww. I'm bored :p lol
Turns out I will be 11 dpi by Christmas so I should know by them if I'm knocked up right? I think so!

Oh Barb - you know 11DPO is still early and for many that dont get a BFP until AF is due or later! I know I cant stop you from testing on Christmas because, well, its Christmas, but if it were any other month I would tell you DONT do any testing and just wait for AF!!! I myself would be doing that this month if it were not for being away on NYE! lol....

2/3DPO over here and nothing to report!:shrug:

Waiting for AF isn't my style lady!!! :haha:
I like being able to test early, anticipating for a hopeful second line. I think it's cool we don't have to wait too long. I know there are a lot of late bfp's but it's not as common. I tested positive on a digi when I was last pregnant days before AF would have shown up!

So, that being said - here is my test for today - 6dpo - and as the title of this thread goes - 6dpo & testing until bfp!!!!....or AF shows :( booo
The test did that stupid pink wash & never got white...stupid.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 16
Waiting for AF isn't my style lady!!! :haha:
I like being able to test early, anticipating for a hopeful second line. I think it's cool we don't have to wait too long. I know there are a lot of late bfp's but it's not as common. I tested positive on a digi when I was last pregnant days before AF would have shown up!

So, that being said - here is my test for today - 6dpo - and as the title of this thread goes - 6dpo & testing until bfp!!!!....or AF shows :( booo
The test did that stupid pink wash & never got white...stupid.

GO GO GO! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol

Maybe we should update the name of the thread to POAS Until Positive haha

Haha girls I like it!! I was a confirmed poas ahollic and well I got a neg at 11dpo but blaring pos 12/13! I have to admitt I couldn't miss a mornings testing a 'just incase' see I have zero will power!!!

Nimbec, I don't have much will power either. I don't test when its totally not possible but since some woman have gotten a v.v.v. faint positive at 6dpo I figured that's a good place to start :) maybe I'll have a positive & its b/c I'm having twins. AHHHHH. NO, I can't jinx myself.

Here is my test at 7dpo. the OPK seems lighter.

Attachments

• 7dpo.jpg
    7dpo.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 10
I am 5 dpo. I went ahead and tested today (way to early, I know), and got a BFN. I probally won't test again until Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. At first I wanteda BFN (we weren't trying) but now we are both excited! I think if we don't get a BFP this time we will start trying. :)

I am 5 dpo. I went ahead and tested today (way to early, I know), and got a BFN. I probally won't test again until Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. At first I wanteda BFN (we weren't trying) but now we are both excited! I think if we don't get a BFP this time we will start trying. :)

Oh yeah, quite early :)
I know I'm testing way too early too but it's fun :) LOL

7dpo (I think) and tested the day before, for the heck of it. BFN, of course.

There's a clinic nearby and some ladies dropped off a stack of little hpt kits at the office about two months ago. So I've been using them. Not sure how sensitive they are, but it's been fun using them.

I can't help but test if I know I MIGHT get a bfp!!! :)
Here is yesterday's (8dpo) & today's (9dpo).

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 6
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 22
your OPKs still have quite a bit of colour in them but I cant see in the HPT as I cant make it go any bigger on the screne. Hope you get your BFP :D

your OPKs still have quite a bit of colour in them but I cant see in the HPT as I cant make it go any bigger on the screne. Hope you get your BFP :D

Yeah my HPT's are negative :)
Thanks! Hope you get it too - I guess you're up for a Christmas BFP too!
How many dpo are you today?

I'm trying for a NYE BFP but I'm going to start using the FRER tests from Christmas Eve. It should have been a Christmas one but my last AF was late :(
I'm currently 7dpo and hoping!

I'm trying for a NYE BFP but I'm going to start using the FRER tests from Christmas Eve. It should have been a Christmas one but my last AF was late :(
I'm currently 7dpo and hoping!

Oh cool! I should get my period on the 28th & hoping its a happy New Year!!!!!
I hope the best for both of us!
Keep me posted :)

Petzy, where are ya?! How is it going?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->