6 DPO...& ...POAS until positive!

Hi Girls

barb - Happy Anniversary!!! Did you have a nice day??

Sounds like you may be O'ing sooner than you think - its so good that you can tell that from tracking - I am also tracking cm now... thanks to "Taking Charge of Your Fertility
which I read this weekend lol.....

I have been thinking a lot about CM and I am worried I may not produce much but i do notice wetness throughout my cycle so maybe I am wrong... i need to learn to swipe internally.... that should help

I am on day 4 of grapefruitjuice and i think i have noticed an increase - definitely yesterday although very sticky! Not due for O until Sunday ish... I start my OPK tomorrow and am on CD 8 - we are pretty close in cycle days Barb!

I am caffeine and booze free and i am getting bad headaches from the caffeine so I sure hope its worth it!!!

Hi Girls

Sounds like you may be O'ing sooner than you think - its so good that you can tell that from tracking - I am also tracking cm now... thanks to "Taking Charge of Your Fertility

I have been thinking a lot about CM and I am worried I may not produce much but i do notice wetness throughout my cycle so maybe I am wrong... i need to learn to swipe internally.... that should help

I am on day 4 of grapefruitjuice and i think i have noticed an increase - definitely yesterday although very sticky! Not due for O until Sunday ish... I start my OPK tomorrow and am on CD 8 - we are pretty close in cycle days Barb!

I am caffeine and booze free and i am getting bad headaches from the caffeine so I sure hope its worth it!!!

Checking your CM & Cervix is very powerful. Once you grasp it, you'll understand when you're fertile peak is & when its over. Do it every day for a couple cycles & you'll get a grasp. I can start checking nearing Ovulation now b/c I know what my cervix feels like during fertile patch. So I don't have to do it all month long. You'll want to feel your cervix to be high, open & very soft....feels like your lips soft...when you're not fertile, its closed & very firm.

Also a tip - i get better results using two fingers to swipe to check for EWCM & break apart those two fingers to see if the CM is sticky, dry or if its starting to stretch but breaking apart too soon & then finally when for sure its EWCM...& there is no doubting it when it happens. You don't need LOTS of CM...you just need good quality. You want to see egg white texture. Grape Fruit juice increased my CM in general so I'm more wet. Good luck :)

BTW I think our cycle is going to be in sync. I'm CD 11 today BUT I am anticipating to Ovulate either Sat/Sun or Mon. :happydance: Ovulation buddies! Oh yeah!!!! :)

And Good luck abstaining from caffeine & booze....the caffeine headaches are no fun. I told DH last night that if we are doing IUI next month I'm going to lay off the booze for a month. I don't drink a lot in general but if we're paying for this procedure then its worth the sacrifice right? Cycle monitoring & getting shots & IUI -these things are so much fun. So I don't want to ruin any of my chances.

And yeah we had a lovely night. It's been a great year with my hubby :)

I am something of a POAS addict so I've just ordered 25 wondfo tests for $8 on Amazon. I plan on POAS from about the 20th onwards, with AF due around the 1st of February. POAS until + or AF shows up. =)

Hi Girls

Checking your CM & Cervix is very powerful. Once you grasp it, you'll understand when you're fertile peak is & when its over. Do it every day for a couple cycles & you'll get a grasp. I can start checking nearing Ovulation now b/c I know what my cervix feels like during fertile patch. So I don't have to do it all month long. You'll want to feel your cervix to be high, open & very soft....feels like your lips soft...when you're not fertile, its closed & very firm.

Also a tip - i get better results using two fingers to swipe to check for EWCM & break apart those two fingers to see if the CM is sticky, dry or if its starting to stretch but breaking apart too soon & then finally when for sure its EWCM...& there is no doubting it when it happens. You don't need LOTS of CM...you just need good quality. You want to see egg white texture. Grape Fruit juice increased my CM in general so I'm more wet. Good luck :)

BTW I think our cycle is going to be in sync. I'm CD 11 today BUT I am anticipating to Ovulate either Sat/Sun or Mon. :happydance: Ovulation buddies! Oh yeah!!!! :)

And Good luck abstaining from caffeine & booze....the caffeine headaches are no fun. I told DH last night that if we are doing IUI next month I'm going to lay off the booze for a month. I don't drink a lot in general but if we're paying for this procedure then its worth the sacrifice right? Cycle monitoring & getting shots & IUI -these things are so much fun. So I don't want to ruin any of my chances.

Hey Barb - glad it was a good night :)

Yeah caffeine headaches are so bad.. slowly improving - very slowly!! LOL

We are OV buddies yay! LOL.... I start my OPK today... i expect them to be really faded though! :)

I am finding the booze abstaning somewhat easy... only because i know i wont gain additional weight from my love for wine haha.... i need to lose about 7lbs (damn xmas holidays) so that should help me do it quickly!

Made sure I had my grapefruit juice this morning. Today is my first "fertile day" - I had sticky CM yesterday but I also had a bout yesterday of creamy but I guess that can happen. We BD'd this morning - hopefully we can make it happen for the next 5 days!:happydance:

XO

Ok here is my OPK for today on CD 10... I will admit its a bit darker than I expected for this early - usually its hard to see at all! maybe I am O'ing a little earlier who knows...

Barb is it necessary to test with two OPK a day this early - like should i wait a day or two to use two a day or just always do two a day?

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 40
Hi Girls

We are OV buddies yay! LOL.... I start my OPK today... i expect them to be really faded though! :)

I am finding the booze abstaning somewhat easy... only because i know i wont gain additional weight from my love for wine haha.... i need to lose about 7lbs (damn xmas holidays) so that should help me do it quickly!

Made sure I had my grapefruit juice this morning. Today is my first "fertile day" - I had sticky CM yesterday but I also had a bout yesterday of creamy but I guess that can happen. We BD'd this morning - hopefully we can make it happen for the next 5 days!:happydance:

XO

I keep forgetting to drink GF juice! AHHHH! Maybe today I'll remember. Then we're up north for tomorrow until Sunday so I wont have juice :(
Anyway - I forgot to also test today LOL I'll do it later. I drank a big thing of tea & have to pee but it will be too light.

I need to loose weight too!!!! I've had to loose weight for about a year. LOL
I bought new awesome cool Nike runners yesterday & this wrist thing that plugs into my shoes or some thing (weird!) to track my running/walking etc..

Ok here is my OPK for today on CD 10... I will admit its a bit darker than I expected for this early - usually its hard to see at all! maybe I am O'ing a little earlier who knows...

Barb is it necessary to test with two OPK a day this early - like should i wait a day or two to use two a day or just always do two a day?

Its important to test twice a day. You totally can miss your surge other wise. I highly recommend it. Once in the late morning, once in the evening. that would suffice. You should do this until you can pin point ovulation. I know I never Ovulate earlier than CD 15 SO I could technically start around CD 13 & be good. But I've been tracking my Ovulation for a LONG assed time! So keep up the twice a day. There's one cycle where I tested in the late afternoon & it was ALMOST positive. So I tested again that night - BAM positive. Had I waited for the next day - I never would have seen the positve! Plus Im going to keep testing until my tests are no longer positive & see if this theory that Nimbec has is right....that until you egg drops the test will stay positive. If i end up doing cycle monitoring next month, I will do OPK's too so i can see it all line up!

GOOD LUCK! I shoudl be able to update you this weekend when I O...
I will have my ipad/iphone & wifi at their house :) Even though I'll be up in the boonies agian. eheh. So I'll check in & stuffs. Good luck!!! xo

I ovulated late last month so I would think I'll O Sunday or MOnday - but if it's another long cycle - it can be Tuesdayish.

YAY FOR US!

Your test is fairly normal for how dark it is. You're still far off getting a positive. Mine looks like that through out my TWW too LOL

Its important to test twice a day. You totally can miss your surge other wise. I highly recommend it. Once in the late morning, once in the evening. that would suffice. You should do this until you can pin point ovulation. I know I never Ovulate earlier than CD 15 SO I could technically start around CD 13 & be good. But I've been tracking my Ovulation for a LONG assed time! So keep up the twice a day. There's one cycle where I tested in the late afternoon & it was ALMOST positive. So I tested again that night - BAM positive. Had I waited for the next day - I never would have seen the positve! Plus Im going to keep testing until my tests are no longer positive & see if this theory that Nimbec has is right....that until you egg drops the test will stay positive. If i end up doing cycle monitoring next month, I will do OPK's too so i can see it all line up!

GOOD LUCK! I shoudl be able to update you this weekend when I O...
I will have my ipad/iphone & wifi at their house :) Even though I'll be up in the boonies agian. eheh. So I'll check in & stuffs. Good luck!!! xo

I ovulated late last month so I would think I'll O Sunday or MOnday - but if it's another long cycle - it can be Tuesdayish.

YAY FOR US!

Bring some grapefruit juice with you! Or pick some up when you get up there! I actually have been taking a glass with my materna every morning - 2 birds one stone haha....

Ok I will keep testing 2x daily. Thanks for the info - I am going to test until its negative - it makes sense to me in theory.

so we BD'd yesterday am but not today grrrr lol Hubby could tell I was not pleased haha! When i am on my fertile days I want to maximize it! I cant push it though or i will probably end up getting nothing at all lol. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning :)

Hi Girls

XO

I keep forgetting to drink GF juice! AHHHH! Maybe today I'll remember. Then we're up north for tomorrow until Sunday so I wont have juice :(
Anyway - I forgot to also test today LOL I'll do it later. I drank a big thing of tea & have to pee but it will be too light.

I need to loose weight too!!!! I've had to loose weight for about a year. LOL
I bought new awesome cool Nike runners yesterday & this wrist thing that plugs into my shoes or some thing (weird!) to track my running/walking etc..

Set a reminder on your iphone re the juice! I set one for vitamins... I forget a lot...

I got that Nike thing too - its pretty cool - but now that I have a treadmill its sort of pointless because the treadmill tracks everything and uploads it on wifi to my program online. its pretty cool. I lost 30 lbs last year -I am now in "normal" range with a healthy BMI - but 7-10 pounds would get me over the last hump....... I figure I can get there by March sometime if I focus - o earlier maybe. Now that im off booze lol... should be easier.

Hey Hun! I. Ever got the juice. But I got ewcm for two days. Friday & Saturday so I should be OK! I only took two tests with me. Stupid!!! So I've not been testing as I should be. I haven't seen a positive test yet although I have taken it every day & twice a day. I will continue to. My cervix is no longer fertile son wondering if I haven't ovulated leafy like today? Anyhow....we shall see my tests tomorrow!!

Has yours turned positive yet? Have you Ovulated??

I'm hoping the northern air will have helped me get knocked up ;)

Hey Hun! I. Ever got the juice. But I got ewcm for two days. Friday & Saturday so I should be OK! I only took two tests with me. Stupid!!! So I've not been testing as I should be. I haven't seen a positive test yet although I have taken it every day & twice a day. I will continue to. My cervix is no longer fertile son wondering if I haven't ovulated leafy like today? Anyhow....we shall see my tests tomorrow!!

haha I hope it did too!

I still havent got my positive either grrr... I am testing in about an hour or so though and I will update with the results....

We BD'd Wed, Fri, and twice on Sunday so I am hoping I have lots of spermies waiting in there haha...

Ok so I checked my cervix for the first time today - pretty much ever - lol and I know that when you are fertile it is supposed to be SHOW right? So i noticed that it was high because i had to reach a bit to touch it - does that make sense? Also - it felt soft like pursed lips - smushy almost - is that a good sign??

help me out here I am new to the cervix thing haha

also, i did not notice any cm on my fingers after touching it - other than they were damp and it was clear... i was lotiony the prior 2 days or so.

Ok its finally darker - not quite positive but maybe tonights will be OR tomorrow AM at latest I think

usually my posiive would come yesterday or today so I wonder if I will have a shorter luteal phase or if AF will be a little late....

checked cervix again as best i could - still soft and mushy

Almost! Hopefully tonight/tomorrow:flower:

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 3

haha I hope it did too!

I still havent got my positive either grrr... I am testing in about an hour or so though and I will update with the results....

We BD'd Wed, Fri, and twice on Sunday so I am hoping I have lots of spermies waiting in there haha...

Ok so I checked my cervix for the first time today - pretty much ever - lol and I know that when you are fertile it is supposed to be SHOW right? So i noticed that it was high because i had to reach a bit to touch it - does that make sense? Also - it felt soft like pursed lips - smushy almost - is that a good sign??

help me out here I am new to the cervix thing haha

also, i did not notice any cm on my fingers after touching it - other than they were damp and it was clear... i was lotiony the prior 2 days or so.

Hey You!

Yes your cervix should be SHOW....Soft like your lips & mushy...open like. And high up - some times i have to bare down in order to feel it. Once your fertile period is over - you'll feel it tight, firm & you wont have to reach as high.

Your CM should be clear when your fertile....I always use two fingers. The second & middle & twirl it around my cervix, then when i pull the two fingers part I can see if its EWCM or if its close or if it's not at all.

Almost! Hopefully tonight/tomorrow:flower:

It would look like to me that you will either have a positive test tonight OR definitely tomorrow! Test again tonight!!!

I tested today & I'd consider it positive. It will likely get even darker tonight when I test so I should be Ovulating tomorrow, CD18. My cycle has changed for sure. It was CD 17 last month I got a positive OPK too & I had a 32 day cycle.

Your LP shouldn't be shorter, it just means your cycle will be longer by a day or two. My LP is always 13 or 14 days so I can estimate by a day or so when I will get my period.

I don't know how the timing of BD went this month - I 've not been sex crazy. We did it Thursday night, Saturday morning & we should do it today because of my positive test & again tomorrow....maybe even Wednesday.

here's my test!

Attachments

• CD17.jpg
    CD17.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 4
I realize this looks super dark on this site but in person you'd see that it could be a bit darker....but anyway I consider today as positive!

Bam!!!! Now that is positive!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 5
haha! Yup that is as good as it gets!! LOL! Weeeeeee you got it yay

I am taking my OPK in about an hour if I can hold it in that long haha so we will see then if its finally postiive... i tested at 530 when I got home yesterday but it was lighter than the morning one... Maybe 4 hours was not long enough to hold it and I did have a pepsi but man it sucks!

I really hope its positive this morning - I am 2 days past my normal time for a positive OPK though which you are right prob means longer cycle blahhhhhhh

On another note, this morning I got up and was making lunches for DH and myself and as i was standing there in the kitchen these really painful cramps came on and they were not in my abdomen like AF and they were not in my ovary area either - they were very low down - almost felt like it was in my (tmi) vaginal walls or cervix or something - like it really hurt! then it improved over the next hour and finally stopped... it was so bizarre but im thinking not tied to anything

haha! Yup that is as good as it gets!! LOL! Weeeeeee you got it yay

I am taking my OPK in about an hour if I can hold it in that long haha so we will see then if its finally postiive... i tested at 530 when I got home yesterday but it was lighter than the morning one... Maybe 4 hours was not long enough to hold it and I did have a pepsi but man it sucks!

I really hope its positive this morning - I am 2 days past my normal time for a positive OPK though which you are right prob means longer cycle blahhhhhhh

On another note, this morning I got up and was making lunches for DH and myself and as i was standing there in the kitchen these really painful cramps came on and they were not in my abdomen like AF and they were not in my ovary area either - they were very low down - almost felt like it was in my (tmi) vaginal walls or cervix or something - like it really hurt! then it improved over the next hour and finally stopped... it was so bizarre but im thinking not tied to anything

Hmmmmr well if your urine was really diluted I could see that but it is possible you already got your surge. If today's test isn't positive, try again tomorrow. But if it doesn't turn positive by tomorrow I would suspect you would have ovulated & missed the surge. It's likely. Post your results after you pee today! I haven't tested yet today...I want to see how long my test will stay positive. We BD'd TWICE last night...ooooh yeah! I'll see how much hubby is up for tonight too & I should squeeze one in tomorrow too!

No that cramping shouldn't have anything to do with your cycle I wouldn't think it's also likely it could be gas or some thing & it just feels very low. I wouldn't put much emphasis on it.

I think I drank too much water already but I'll test soon & then test again later when I haven't drank so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->