Absolutely disgusting!!

I thought religion came into the picture because those girl sentenced shortened because of their religion) I don't think there's any way to avoid the subject.

Yes and what I am saying is if someone who wasn't Muslim used their faith as an excuse and got a lesser sentence because of it a) it probably would not have been reported by the press to begin with and b)had it been so it would not have been made into as big a deal as it has been xx

true, they wouldnt mention it at all
there have been many cases where people used christianity in hope to lessen the sentence.they want people to forgive, or think he is a good christian man who doesn't drink or anything, or he have changed because he became a christian

Just to clarify, there are a massive...huge infact, amount of caucasian Muslims...
Its not restricted to those of colour or who look Asian/Arab.

Similarly, theres millions of Arabs/Asians who aren't Muslim too...

I'm white :winkwink:

Arabs from the Middle east especially Syrians, Jordanian, & Lebanese are Caucasians. They are white & not all of them are Muslims.

errmm just want to correct you there, arabs are not caucasians,:wacko: just because a minority of arab people are more paler doesnt mean there caucasian. i am lebanese and wouldnt cast my self as white. we are a complete different race.

I have israeli friends, although they have pale skin I don't think I'd class them as White?! How White do you need to be before being classed as caucasion?! That is a genuine question not sarcasm!

Just to clarify, there are a massive...huge infact, amount of caucasian Muslims...
Its not restricted to those of colour or who look Asian/Arab.

Similarly, theres millions of Arabs/Asians who aren't Muslim too...

I'm white :winkwink:

Arabs from the Middle east especially Syrians, Jordanian, & Lebanese are Caucasians. They are white & not all of them are Muslims.

errmm just want to correct you there, arabs are not caucasians,:wacko: just because a minority of arab people are more paler doesnt mean there caucasian. i am lebanese and wouldnt cast my self as white. we are a complete different race.

Who said Arabs are caucasian - Im Arab myself and 'paler' and am well aware of that :thumbup:

Also cant converts be caucasian?

I have israeli friends, although they have pale skin I don't think I'd class them as White?! How White do you need to be before being classed as caucasion?! That is a genuine question not sarcasm!

i'd like to know this too. i know Caucasians have a different skull structure. although i'm sure that's the case for many races.

Caucasian race:
The term Caucasian race (also Caucasoid, Europid, or Europoid[1]) has been used to denote the general physical type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia (Middle East), Central Asia and South Asia.[2] Historically, the term has been used to describe the entire population of these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.
Features
A Caucasoid skull is identified, with an accuracy of up to 95%, by the following feature:
Little or no prognathism exhibited - an orthognathic face with little protrusion in the dental region.
Retreating zygomatic bones (cheekbones), making the face look more "pointed".
Narrow nasal aperture, with a "tear shaped" nasal cavity.

Most Israelis are originally from Russia, Eastern Europe, Spain/Portugal, and other parts of Western Europe so yes they are 'white' even in the stricter sense of the word. I know that in the UK though the majority of 'caucasian' or white Muslims are white Britons xx

Caucasian race:
The term Caucasian race (also Caucasoid, Europid, or Europoid[1]) has been used to denote the general physical type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia (Middle East), Central Asia and South Asia.[2] Historically, the term has been used to describe the entire population of these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.
Features
A Caucasoid skull is identified, with an accuracy of up to 95%, by the following feature:
Little or no prognathism exhibited - an orthognathic face with little protrusion in the dental region.
Retreating zygomatic bones (cheekbones), making the face look more "pointed".
Narrow nasal aperture, with a "tear shaped" nasal cavity.

your comments seem very ignorant, there is a difference between an Arab in the middle east and a Caucasian in Holland. are you telling me even north Africans are white? this is extremely laughable. i don't think you should be making comments which most people would not agree with, maybe you want to be white, but don't involve others we are Arabs that is are race , just like Africans are black people. it would even make more sense to call us Asian then white. And if you fill out any form in england whether it be hospital or any governmental based type form where ethnic is asked there is a clear difference in ethnic groups and Arabs are not grouped with Caucasians. also are you saying there are only two races white and black? I am Arab and i am not white! we are not a part of Europe we are different.

radience; the comments Omars mum posted are from anthropological textbooks, not her own words; from a scientific perspective, some Arabs and North Africans are classed as Caucasian, if you don't like that yell at the scientists, not her. Also in genetic ancestry testing strong genetic links have been found between North and East Africans, and many of those in your area of the Middle East, and those in parts of Europe such as Greeks and Albanians. Look up 'Y dna haplogroups' on wikipedia or elsewhere to see how people are really related to one another.

Religion was bought in to it because the Judge bought it in to it. They also used it to get more lenient sentences. I don't believe they did what they did BECAUSE they're Muslim, but let's not beat around the bush, it played a factor in court :shrug: I also don't care if they weren't used to drinking or whether they were black, white or blue. Racism is never okay and that should of been reflected in their sentences. The law system in this country is a joke, disgraceful. There should never be one rule for some, one for others. How will they learn? And I dare say that when one person uses their lack of alcohol consumption; what's to say another won't use it as an excuse to beat the shit out of someone ? :nope: Stupid all round. Though I have to say I dislike the way The Sun reported it. I don't really care where they're from or what colour they are, what matters is racism is wrong no matter who it comes from :thumbup:

I do vaguely remember other cases; such as women being glassed when out on a night out by other women and the excuse being that it was out of character for the perpetrator and because they were not used to drinking so much, and maybe it did change the sentence given, so this isn't the first time it has been used as an excuse. Lawyers don't usually try something in court unless there is already a precedent for it from other cases....

BTW I have noticed today the Daily Mail have republished this story AGAIN just slightly rehashed; obviously didn't drum up enough hatred and negativity with it the first time. This is the same Daily Mail that when hearing about a family in Birmingham who perished in a house fire; promptly dispatched a reporter there-when it was heard that the family who died were black, they hastily told the reporter to come back because it was according to them, a non-story xx

I'll be honest, I think this topic is a bit pointless. These things have been happening for a very long time, longer than any of us have been alive. People will always judge or take offence of other people because of either colour or religion and the goverment in the UK was the one who made the mistake to turn the country into a mixed race society. On some levels the plan worked (apart from the matter of there are now too many people and nowhere near enough work going around), however people who are very deep in their own religious beliefs will sometimes continue to berate and mock white (and other coloured) people. And it will always be the same until those people either lower their pride in their religion a little and accept that there are other religions or carry on spreading their beliefs so strongly that they cause upset. And upset is what they tend to cause. Now most of the people on here most probably (while not approving of some situations like the one posted) DO respect other peoples religions providing they keep them to themselves. =D>
But sadly thats not the case. I myself about 2 years back and my partner were walking home to find a black lad around 7 years old cornered by 3 asiatic boys around the same age (I'll be honest I don't know or care what race) down the alleyway. They had a small knife and where threatening to stab the boy if he didn't "Repent" what he had done :?:. Anyway we shouted at them and ran at them and they bolted shouting back at the lad in foreign. The lad told us on the way home (yes, we dropped him off and informed his father who was very shocked :shock: and said he would phone the police, later we were questioned at our address the next day) that the boys had been bullying him for months and told him he offended them because he was a Christian. Now I'm supposed to be Christian (but I class myself as no religion :finger:) and as I listened the story got more disturbing. They had been hounding this poor boy for months ever since his Religion teacher (don't tell me he/ she was Christian :dohh: I never knew) had pointed out his excellent Christianity in class one day because he was always well behaved :muaha: silly thing to do when you think about it. And since then those 3 lads and other younger members of their family had been on his case about it. Sadly I don't know the ending of the story well, but the 3 lads got cautioned with behavoural orders and also curfews :telephone:. That was all we found out. And this kind of thing can happen with any race or colour anywhere in the world. :muaha:[-X

I wouldn't say making Britain a mixed race (or multicultural !) society was a mistake! There's a huge amount of people from other countries who have contributed enormously to our country! I think it would be a pretty boring world if everyone stuck to where they came from.. And also there's places such as Spain .. They probably hate us English going over buying thier houses and nicking the jobs!

I'll be honest, I think this topic is a bit pointless. These things have been happening for a very long time, longer than any of us have been alive. People will always judge or take offence of other people because of either colour or religion and the goverment in the UK was the one who made the mistake to turn the country into a mixed race society. On some levels the plan worked (apart from the matter of there are now too many people and nowhere near enough work going around), however people who are very deep in their own religious beliefs will sometimes continue to berate and mock white (and other coloured) people. And it will always be the same until those people either lower their pride in their religion a little and accept that there are other religions or carry on spreading their beliefs so strongly that they cause upset. And upset is what they tend to cause. Now most of the people on here most probably (while not approving of some situations like the one posted) DO respect other peoples religions providing they keep them to themselves. =D>
But sadly thats not the case. I myself about 2 years back and my partner were walking home to find a black lad around 7 years old cornered by 3 asiatic boys around the same age (I'll be honest I don't know or care what race) down the alleyway. They had a small knife and where threatening to stab the boy if he didn't "Repent" what he had done :?:. Anyway we shouted at them and ran at them and they bolted shouting back at the lad in foreign. The lad told us on the way home (yes, we dropped him off and informed his father who was very shocked :shock: and said he would phone the police, later we were questioned at our address the next day) that the boys had been bullying him for months and told him he offended them because he was a Christian. Now I'm supposed to be Christian (but I class myself as no religion :finger:) and as I listened the story got more disturbing. They had been hounding this poor boy for months ever since his Religion teacher (don't tell me he/ she was Christian :dohh: I never knew) had pointed out his excellent Christianity in class one day because he was always well behaved :muaha: silly thing to do when you think about it. And since then those 3 lads and other younger members of their family had been on his case about it. Sadly I don't know the ending of the story well, but the 3 lads got cautioned with behavoural orders and also curfews :telephone:. That was all we found out. And this kind of thing can happen with any race or colour anywhere in the world. :muaha:[-X

Firstly you confuse religion and race several times in your post; the two are totally different things. Pretty much all religions have followers of all races and colours. Britain has been a mixed race/religious society for a few centuries now; ok not in the numbers we have now; but it has and for the most part this has been successful-not that it was some kind of weird social experiment anyway. And what the heck is asiatic? The only people I have ever heard using that term are black nationalists in the US who believe they are descended from some 'Asiatic black man' whatever one of those is meant to be. BTW I am Muslim and white and didn't come here to steal anyones job lol I have actually traced my ancestry here back to 500AD, not many white britons can do that. But in the process I found out one of my ancestors was a Moor whose ancestors were Himyarites from ancient Yemen (my OH has a medieval Arabic text on genealogy which goes into great detail and has never been translated in full), who married into the Franks who then married into the Normans who came to the UK eventually, and when I did genetic ancestry testing I had a match in Southern Sudan, not surprising really; if you live in what is really quite a small island its logical that most of your ancestors will have come from elsewhere. xx

*sigh* Why mention what race people are at all??? You will find people, no matter what colour their skin is, no matter what religion they are, no matter what country they are born in...get off lightly for a crime for a stupid reason. I personally think this whole thread is a tad racist.

*sigh* Why mention what race people are at all??? You will find people, no matter what colour their skin is, no matter what religion they are, no matter what country they are born in...get off lightly for a crime for a stupid reason. I personally think this whole thread is a tad racist.

Amen!

I think this whole bolded bit is a tad rude. I wasn't being racist and I see other ladies not being racist in this thread. Not to mention Muslims aren't a race, it's a religion. I also don't see anyone "Muslim bashing". It's more about the law and how disgusting it is :shrug:

I hate this. When the word racist gets thrown around, it really gets my goat :grr: I'm not a racist, never WILL be a racist and I sure as damn hell don't tolerate racism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->