• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Aleja- sorry Hun forgot to say hi, I know more drugs is the last thing you want right now but hopefully this will get you on your way to popping your little frostie back in to where it belongs, keep us posted hope the witch shows up soon xxx

Dancing queen - the spray is the worst but all worth it hang in there & have fun at the shower, stay positive look at it as it will be your turn soon, as for the DHEA if you haven't got any of the bad side effects by now you should be in the clear yay !

Hey Pickles-

The ET is a piece of cake, just like a Pap Smear - over in 5 minutes. My clinic said there's no need to lay down for 30 minutes, or have any bed rest. In nature we are up walking around and actually walking can help it stick apparently! I'm actually on the Gold Coast, we are going through The Fertility Centre in Springwood. Are you only having one embryo put back?

Which clinic are you going through?

Em xo

Hey ladies do just had the transfer and OH MY GOD if I can give any advice it's to not drink too much water!! I had about a litre leading up to it so by the time I laid down I nearly wet myself! I said to the dr 'you can stop and let me pee or I can vomit everywhere' holding back so bad made me feel physically sick! They let me go and let out some then. The nurse said 'you defintely hold the biggest bladder award' from the ultra sound pic! The dr was a jerk but the nurses were lovely... Our other embryo didn't make it but the one they put back was spot on so here's hoping!! If it doesn't stick it's another fresh cycle for us! Where are all you lovely ladies at? If I made a private Facebook group would anyone be interested in joining? Just easier to keep up!

Hya Girlies :flower:

Wish, so pleased you've had your transfer hun. I had a really full bladder too & felt like I was going to pee my pants :dohh:& I'd only had 2 glasses of water. I can imagine how uncomfortable you were. I'd be happy with a FB page :thumbup:

Hi pickles, welcome:flower: It sounds like you've been through alot already! In terms of the transfer, yep, it's nothing to worry about, I find it a bit more uncomfortable than a pap smear & I had cramping after this one. To rest or not is a personal thing, like Em said, our FS said that I didn't need to. Our 1st transfer I did rest & got a BFP (that eneded in miscarriage), the 2nd one I was really busy the next couple of days & didn't rest & got a BFN. Probably no correlation, but I always want to make sure that I follow the path of least regret. So I rested this time, but it's totally a personal thing.

Taylah, not long now till your scan, I can understand you being nervous, I'm sure you have a lovely little bean in there :cloud9:. Do you think you'll have pics to post? Thanks for asking about hubby, no more news yet, we have to wait till we see the urologist in september. But we've started things with our donor just in case Simon does have cancer, then we can at least access the donor sperm around Oct/Nov.

aleja, I know it was too early to test, it was a bit cheeky & naughty of me. Don't worry about being jealous of our cycles starting, I understand where you're coming from. It's going to be really hard for me if this is a BFN, cause we won't get another try till October. It's tough when you see others have things happening, but your time will be here soon sweetie :hugs:

Em, I realised I never welcomed you to the thread:flower: We're 2ww buddies. What day past transfer are you?

I get to :test: tomorrow morning. FX, it's a BFP.

:dust::ninja::ninja::ninja: & even some :bunny::bunny::bunny: for everyone!

Hey MJ- Its hard to not test! Ive got everything crossed for you mate! How do you feel? Are you on progesterone? I know it gives me pregnancy symptoms which is frustrating!

So ive started a facebook group yay! If you want to join private message me and ill give you the details!!!

Well, it's a BFN for my first cycle of IVF :( 12 dpo and clearly negative -temps are down too.

Wishandwait - did they only put the one embryo back? I hope you have better luck than me!!

Hey Em, so sorry about the BFN mate. How are you feeling? Do you have any frosties for next time?
They only transferred one...they will only do one because of my age ect but we only ended up with one embie anyway, 8 eggs only 2 fertilized and only one made it to day 3..trying to think positive

Oh good luck! My fingers are crossed for you! I didn't have any frosties as they only got one egg due to low stims. I'm going to ask for two to be transferred next time (if we get lucky with more than 1!), they did a day 2 transfer so I don't know if our embie made it to day 3. I'm definitely going in to round two knowing the right questions to ask. Thinking it was an implantation issue... Boo!!

Oh good luck! My fingers are crossed for you! I didn't have any frosties as they only got one egg due to low stims. I'm going to ask for two to be transferred next time (if we get lucky with more than 1!), they did a day 2 transfer so I don't know if our embie made it to day 3. I'm definitely going in to round two knowing the right questions to ask. Thinking it was an implantation issue... Boo!!

I worry about implantation.. I had acupuncture leading up to ET to try an thicken the lining. I got them to check it at the ultrasound and they said it was lovely (the nurse said 'juicy' siiick!) I think the acupuncture did/is helping!
Are you going to do another fresh cycle straight away?

Yeah hopefully, I'll give them a call in the morning. It's only $500 for subsequent cycles which is good. They said my lining was great too all the way through, I'm wondering if I really needed the progesterone supplement - who knows...

Implantation worried me the whole time, but I'm wondering if the embryo kept developing or not... There's just so many hurdles per cycle isn't there?!

Oh wow...$500 is unreal! Our subsequent cycles aren't that different from the 1st...Who are you going through? Were you on progesterone gel?
I know what you mean by hurdles.. its just one after another. I don't think it will feel real or ill believe it until I have a baby in my arms xx

Totally.... I fell pregnant twice naturally at the wrong time in my life so chose to terminate - I'm worried karma is coming back to bite me... Feels like another life, now when i want a baby it just won't happen!

I did Crinone 8mg suppositories, pretty gross!! We are going through The Fertility Centre in Springwood QLD, they are a part of QLD Fertility Group. They are an afforadable IVF clinic, they aim for lower numbers of eggs as they don't freeze (but they can if you want) but everything else is the same.

Who are you through?

PS - LOVE your journal!

Totally.... I fell pregnant twice naturally at the wrong time in my life so chose to terminate - I'm worried karma is coming back to bite me... Feels like another life, now when i want a baby it just won't happen!

I did Crinone 8mg suppositories, pretty gross!! We are going through The Fertility Centre in Springwood QLD, they are a part of QLD Fertility Group. They are an afforadable IVF clinic, they aim for lower numbers of eggs as they don't freeze (but they can if you want) but everything else is the same.

Who are you through?

PS - LOVE your journal!

Yeah I got the gel its disgusting! Sometimes I feel like everything I do has some cosmic effect on why I'm not pregnant. I know its irrational but sometimes you just can't help it. I don't think it's karma mate!
Im through Monash IVF... I live in rural Victoria so my choices are really limited. Thanks for reading the journal! I have to try to motivate myself to write in it when I feel normal as well as messy!
Can you do back to back cylces? I cant find the answer anywhere..

I think you can, but I need to see the Dr again so they might put me on the pill for a week or so. Hope I can get right into it though - back on the horse right?! I think you only have to wait a few cycles if you have a miscarriage. I will be able to let you know tomorrow though! I've heard good things about Monash - they have solid success rates!

Emilina so to hear about your bfn. That sucks. Will you have the beta test?
It's hard not to think negative things about IvF such as bad karma but I guess sometimes its just bad luck :-(
Can the clinic grow the embryos longer than 2 days?

Thanks Aleja! Feeling a little more positive today. Just waiting for blasted AF now, then I'll be back on the pill and right back into my second cycle. That's going to be one of my questions - I guess seeing as we only had one embryo they thought they might as well do an early transfer. Hopefully we get more this time, and I'm going to insist for 2 x blast to get transferred. Better idea? Seems better chances of success with 5 day.

Hi ladies em- sorry about your bfn
Wish - everything crossed for you Hun , when are you testing?? I'm not on Facebook, can't be bothered with it, this forum keeps me busy !
Mj- any news everything is crossed for you too xx
Aleja - af yet???
AFM - I went for my First scan today so relieved to see a flashing little heartbeat at 162pm, I'm over the moon & feel like I can finally celebrate xxx

Hi Em, sorry to hear about your neg, was that on a poas or a beta? Cause some poas aren't sensitive enough at 12dpo.

Wish, thanks for starting the FB group, I can't pm from my phone, but will pm you my details when I'm at my computer, which probably won't be till tomorrow night as I'm out till late tonight. How are you going in your 2ww hun? Remember it does only take 1!

Taylah, that is awesome news about the heartbeat, that must just be amazing!

Afm, I tested yesterday morning (fmu) & got a positive, tested again this morn & I think it was slightly darker. We're trying to hold off on the celebrating till we see our beta, as last time we had a bfp, it was slow rising betas & ended in MC at 6 weeks. So for the moment we're pleased & hopeful but also a little nervous tbh.

Sorry if I missed anyone, I'm on my phone & I suck at updating on my phone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->