Any other October mummies?

@Lolli: great news on no signs of GD! I hope baby A gets in position in time!

@Kat: I love the older things, especially the suit your DH went home wearing!

@Smile: I feel like seven would almost be easier! You can have "baby time out" with just her and she is in a much better position than a younger child to articulate how she feels - good for her for doing that already! My brother was only 23 months older, so most of his displeasure was handled in picking on me!

AFM... chiropractor is my best friend this week, though I've given up my desk chair for an exercise ball. Somehow I got two points of muscle tightness that have made my bones in my pelvis move in a way that has not been feeling like sunshine, so we are trying to get them to loosen up and behave. I will say sitting (and bouncing around) on the ball is much more comfortable!

I definitely do not talk to my stomach/baby. I'd find it weird and awkward if DH tried lol. He finds the whole baby moving in there thing weird too :p He'll watch as my stomach does strange things but that's about it. Doesn't mean he's not excited. Just baby's not here yet. Right now she's an impostor in my body making me tired, grumpy, and huge haha. So ready to be done and I know this feeling only gets worse :p

@ajarvis: hahahaha! That's why Hubster usually talks to ME, but next to my stomach.

Thanks Clandestine:flower: I'm not too wild about the shorts they all came with so probably won't use them, it'll be too cold for them anyway so will only use the sweaters in combination with the modern stuff we've bought over the months.

Oh and my cloth diapers came today:thumbup: Just need to wash them and the inserts a few times before October and should be good to go!

Clandestine I used an exercise ball in my last pregnancy it was way more comfier than sitting in a normal chair ... also good luck today with your Doula

AFM still doctoring the flu/cold ... I hope I feel better soon ... going to go look at some daycares today for Scotlynn

Blessed so sorry you're still feeling poorly, I hope it soon stops:flower:

AFM got back from my scan and my placenta has moved up :happydance: But baby is measuring big in certain areas so they're going to let my midwife figure out if it'll be an issue:wacko: She asked us if me or DH measured big when we were born but none of remember anything about being told that, only that we both went over term. DH is now thinking it's a boy based on the fact baby is measuring big. So glad we didn't buy any clothes in the smallest newborn size (size 50) and went for the larger newborn size (size 56). Think from here on out we'll be buying stuff in one size larger (size 62) which here is for 3 month olds:wacko:

great news Kat and thanks ...

yes I agree but for now Im not going to be buying anymore clothes until she is here ...

I don't think we'll be buying much more clothes either, just 1-2 more pairs of pants and 1-2 pairs of warm booties. But if we do buy anything other than that, we'll be going for larger sizes now.

I've been pretty bad with buying clothes. OHs mum is constantly buying stuff, she's very excited! I'll have to take a pic. I've been mostly just buying vests and sleepsuits and asked for outfits in bigger sizes. Plus I've bought a few tiny baby sizes as they're likely to be little. We're pretty set from newborn until around 6-9 months so just picking up things I see in the sales now. My little boy was 8lb 4oz and even newborn was too big for him, all the sizes can be so confusing x

Glad your placenta moved Kat! How far? Mine moved to two cm. Hoping that's far enough...

My oldest was 8'4 and did not wear newborn! My youngest was 7'13 and I think he came home in a newborn outfit, but i mostly had 0-3 for him.

Glad your placenta moved Kat! How far? Mine moved to two cm. Hoping that's far enough...

My oldest was 8'4 and did not wear newborn! My youngest was 7'13 and I think he came home in a newborn outfit, but i mostly had 0-3 for him.

I don't think she said, just that it had moved enough that it definitely wasn't an issue anymore:wacko: Glad yours moved as well ajarvis:thumbup:

Oy now I'm afraid I've bought too much in size 56, may have to try and get a few things in size 62 on our next shopping trip next month.

Kat_ yay for placenta moving! I find out next Friday if mine has movedand do that glucose 3hr test. I don't know how close it started off to,my scan just said low lying

FXed for you on both the test and scan bcos21 :flower: I know my placenta was really close to the cervix opening but never got any measurements. Chances are really good for that yours has also moved!

@Kat - So glad to hear the news.. that's got to be relieving..

AFM - Not much new.. feel like I've been 29 wks pg forever and that time is slowing down, while at the same time I feel like I have way too much to get done in the little amount of time I have left.. It's summer here still, tho coming to the end, and so there are lots of little trips to take with the kiddos and fam that take the only free time I have to get things done... This wknd we work Sat. and Sun. are taking a family trip to a Jurassic Quest thing that Gigi bought us all tickets for.. So, another wknd getting nothing accomplished at home.. sigh

Bcos - good luck! I have my 3 hr GD test tomorrow....not looking forward to it! Fingers crossed!
Kat - great news! Congrats :)
Ajarvis - glad yours is also moving, hope it continues & gets far enough away.

AFM- well, when we went to get a couple bamboo Aden+Anais swaddles, I saw the exact car seat I want (Chicco Keyfit 30) & it was more than 50% off b/c it was the display! I convinced DH we had to grab it :) It was in perfect condition, we got such a great deal! We also picked up baby towels & wash cloths, the blankets and a Velcro swaddleMe.
Then, the alarm kept going off when we were leaving. It was so embarrassing, but no one could find out what was causing it. I get home & find the little tag thing on the car seat, so we had to go back. My mom came with me this time, to get the tag removed & we ended up buying a baby bath tub, all the soaps & lotions & creams for baby, the Fisher Price auto rock n play, and newborn disposable diapers lol

So, completely unplanned, but we ended up getting everything else on our list for baby this weekend! So exciting! I can't wait to start washing & setting everything up!
This week - I have my dr appt & 3 hr GD test Monday, all the kids' dentist appts Tuesday, and their yearly eye dr appts Thursday. Wed we are all getting flu shots and the adults Tdap (whooping cough) shots. Friday is the first day of school for my oldest, and the others start Monday. Every single evening this week, we have either a "meet the teacher" or a soccer practice :D oh my gosh, I am tired just thinking about this week lol

Good luck tomorrow wish! Hope it goes smoothly sounds like you have a crazy week

Ajarvis glad your placenta also moved ...

FaithyJ I also feel like the 3rd tri is going super slow despite having things to keep busy with ...

good luck with your scan and GD test bcos

Wish sounds like you had quite a busy weekend doing shopping and yes your week ahead sounds exhausting LOL but at least it will make time go by faster ... good luck with your GD test and all your other appointments for your kids this week ...

AFM - I have found the perfect daycare for Scotlynn and she starts there on 29 August ... im so excited yet nervous for her ... my flu seems to be clearing up I just have my blocked sinuses and a cough still to get over ... I have been nesting and my DH has been complaining LOL I wake up at 3am and think what still needs to be done ... get up to pee and write down whatever Ive thought of and then when DH wakes up he needs to jump in and help ... we busy this week at work organising our recognition function for Friday and I have my 33week scan according to my OBGYN on Monday 22 August ... so also lots to do this week ...

hope everyone else is well ...

Good luck with your gd testa ladies!

Wish- sounds like a busy week but busy is good, hopefully it'll go quick!

Blessed - sorry you're still not feeling great but excellent news that you found a nice day care for your daughter. I know how hard it can be to find somewhere you're happy to leave them to, I'm sure that's a big weight off your mind

Afm- I had my anti-d injection on Friday due to my blood type, any one else have to have that? I've also got my whooping cough Jab today.

I'm also getting a bit of nesting done, my energy has been low but I got prescribed some iron tablets last week so I'm hoping they'll help with that. Feeling more prepared as me and oh picked our pram at the weekend, we've chosen the oyster max tandem. We haven't got much more to buy, just bottles I think!

thanks Lolli ...

good luck today ... and that is so awesome that you only need to get bottles ... have you set everything up yet?

I still have to wash baby's stuff before I can set up everything ...

Haven't got much to set up really as they're going in our room. Sharing a cot which we've set up, folded and put away all their clothes. Got my hospital bags ready now too! Running out of things to do x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->