Any other October mummies?

good luck with your scan tomorrow Kiwi

I also struggle with sleep as I have to get up so many times to pee plus I have a blocked nose at night ... I can easily nap during the day too

Smile my baby also moves a lot while Im trying to sleep and that makes me wake up rather than trying to get back into bed ...

My SO compared it to aliens as well. Made the joke at the last midwife appointment too and she was like yea I've never heard that one before :p

Got 7 hours sleep last night! You'd think I'd feel amazing today. But no. Still tired. :p so much so that I made a tea this morning. I'm usually caffeine free and if I do have some its afternoon.

Still debating on the gym tonight too.

blablamana ugh my DH can be annoying to sleep next to as well although he doesn't flail around as much as yours by the sound of it:nope: Wow my DH hasn't felt baby make any hard kicks yet. As is he half the time misses out on just seeing movement as he'll be e.g. totally absorbed in something on the TV and it can take a while to get his attention in those cases so he sometimes misses out :dohh:

Luckily baby doesn't seem to move much when I'm going to sleep but there are exceptions and those nights I also have a harder time falling asleep. So crazy Smile that yours moves that much for that long at night:wacko: Mine seems to be for the most part more active in the mornings if anything.

ajarvis yeah I can imagine it isn't a very original comparison :haha: It's funny when men think they're being so original though.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time sleeping too...baby moves and I have to pee a million times, it hurts to roll over :( strange because I could probably sleep all day but as soon as it's bed time, no way

Have fun at your scan! Can't wait to see pics!!

I've been dying y'all...seriously, this week has been a nightmare. I have 4 kids in 3 different schools. 2 play school sports (in addition to club sports) & one's in band (saxophone).
School started Monday and M, Tu, Wed - I was doing pick up/drop off for nearly 6 hrs a day - from 5:30 AM - 8:30 AM, and again 2:30-5pm, then off to after school stuff.
And some psycho in the carpool line yesterday literally wanted to get out & fight me because she can't follow traffic laws, it was awful. My 2 y/o has been inconsolable for the last week due to hand, foot, mouth! It's so painful for her & she had a really high fever, not eating or sleeping well, etc.
My husband, of course, had a huge job (self employed, construction) at the deadline and has been working long hours, 5am until 8pm. So not much help there.
I had my high risk dr appt on Wed, and while the lower uterine wall is still holding, I now also have low fluid. Have to go back again Monday for another scan and a plan of action.

Luckily there is hope lol
Baby is finally better!
9 y/o is now riding her bike to/from school & a teammate is taking her to/from soccer practice.
My husband finishes this job this weekend, and will have time to take the earliest drop offs thank goodness - 5:30am is just not for me.
My mom is going to help in pick up every day & we set up points for the older kids to walk to, so we can bypass the crazy car riders line.

Next week should be so much better...fingers crossed

wish sounds like me ... I was up at 3:35am wide awake and when I finally felt tired it was time to get up for work ...

Im so tired and sore Im thinking of working from home from now until my maternity leave officially starts on 16 September

Sleeping has been awful! It's too hot, I'm so uncomfortable and turning over feels impossible now haha. I'm getting so big!

Your week sounds crazy wish4baby. My ds starts school in just over a week. I'm not looking forward to school runs as I'm not driving yet. My test is booked for the end of next month, I'm so nervous... doubting that I'll even be able to fit behind the wheel!

Ugh this night I couldn't sleep at all. Was awake the entire night, didn't even get to fall asleep, my hips were hurting, my legs were hurting, then my bump, had to pee 823896x times. I'm so exhausted haha

I kinda slapped SO out of frustration because he was of course asleep within 5 minutes. Didn't wake him up though. :haha:

Anyone already have their hospital bags ready? I've been thinking of starting mine, just in case, but am also kind of anxious about it for some reason.

Wish: wow you have a lot going on. Hope that the low fluid is manageable and still okay for now. Sounds a bit scary and I hope that next appointment you'll get a decent plan of action!

FXed for you wish!

Nope not packed my hospital bags yet, first have to pull myself together and unpack my vacation bag:haha: I hate unpacking:blush: Only have managed to unpack the dirty clothes (they were in a plastic bag) and get them washed as I didn't want anything staining. Still missing buying a couple of breastfeeding bras so need to get a few of those (thinking of getting fitted for some very soon but will need to take DH with me) plus still missing a few other items. But guess I could just pack what I do have and add the stuff I still need to buy as I get them:shrug:

I've packed a bag for the babies. Need to call my hospital and ask if they provide formula or if we need to bring it as I'm not trying BF this time. As for my bag, my friends did it for me for my baby shower which was lovely. I just need to add a few personal bits. Knowing i have no more than 6 weeks left is crazy.

What would you guys say was a must have in yours and babys hospital bags?

I haven't packed any of my bags yet ... I will probably do so when Im working from home or something ...

I'm going to pack my bag this weekend. I just need to feel prepared. I just don't know where to start.

My dh has been working 12hr shifts since last week and I absolutely hate it. It's like being a single mom. He's back on regular shift starting tomorrow, but the end of Sept he'll be working 72hrs a week so of course I'm freaking out that he'll most likely be at work when I go into labor.

I can't get comfy anymore to sleep either. I get way too hot and I hate sleeping on my side. Then when I do fall asleep I either have to pee or baby moves too much. I guess my body is preparing me for no sleep once she comes.

DD starts school Mon and after meeting her teacher and seeing some of her friends, she's ready to go back. She's really involved in soccer and baseball, but we had to take the fall season off. There's no way my dh or I could commit to the games and her grandparents work. She was extremely understanding but I still feel bad.

Haven't packed my bag yet. But I think I'm supposed to by next weekend - 36 weeks - for when midwife does the home visit. At least that's what it says online.

Fiance says we'll finish the baby's room, boys room, and crib this weekend. So then I can wash her clothes, and put them away! Plus FIL will be here sometime today and I think he's bringing stuff my MIL got for the baby as well. So hopefully on Monday I'll feel a bit more prepared.

Also going for my blood test today. Hopefully my iron levels are up to where they need to be. Low iron raises the risk of doing a birth center birth due to possible hemorrhage from my understanding. Last time they weren't super low. Just by a few points. So hopefully managed to raise them that little bit. Especially since we will be paying for the birth center soon!

Smilies sorry your DH works so much :(. You are doing a great job especially for doing it all on your own Mama.

Ajarvis, I know your pain I too am anemic but they still haven't tested my blood again since I've been on supplements.

I've been so quiet only because now that I'm going on 32 weeks I basically feel like time has stopped. I'm ready to be done and it seems like time is dragging. Anyone else?

Ash, same here! Although I keep reminding myself to relax and enjoy it while it lasts (might be my last baby :().

We had the 3d/4d scan today!! Here is our little Princess all healthy, beautiful, and perfect in every way :cloud9: <3.

Attachments

• Baby01.jpg
    Baby01.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1
  • Baby02.jpg
    Baby02.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
Kiwi- what An adorable little baby! It will be so fun to compacompare her little newborn face to the ultrasound

bcos21, thank you so much hun! I am so excited to compare the ultrasound to what she looks like after she is born. I want to hopefully get the same pose as well like some of the other scans I see on Google.

ajarvis wow wish it was me! Baby's room still needs to be cleared out. Haven't washed any of the clothes or cloth diapers/inserts yet either:wacko: We're also still missing a few things, including a mattress for the cradle but DH's parents said they'd buy one for us (to make up for having thought it was an adjusteable crib) but that won't happen until they're back from their vacation sometime next week. So lucky, my in-laws haven't bought anything for the baby yet, don't know if they're waiting until baby is born so they know the gender. FXed for your iron level test!

ash nope time still seems to be going a bit quick for my liking:nope: Looking forward to meeting my baby but at the same time want this pregnancy to last as it may be my only shot at being pregnant and I want to enjoy it as much as possible.

Kiwi great scan pics:thumbup:

AFM DH and I managed to buy a couple of woolen items yesterday so think we're set with clothes for now. If we buy any more clothes, it'll be in larger sizes so we have for the future. DH's coworker still has a crib for sale so we're going to grab it as we wouldn't be able to get one at that price, even on a 40% sale! Oh and we bid on and won a lightly used Ergobaby baby carrier so we're set in that area as well! Just need to buy a newborn insert so we can use it from the get go. But don't think we'll go shopping for the last items until maybe next weekend.

Kat, thanks hun!

I still have not packed my hospital bag or bought the couple of items I need for this baby. We are set on clothes, but I do need a new ring sling carrier. I currently have a light rainbow girasol WCRS. I want to check out the Tula website, and hopefully get this adorable pink one (below).

Tula: https://www.tulababycarriers.com/products/ring-sling-dancey-doll-shuffle

Sorry if this is tmi, but is anyone else having a "lightening" pain in their vagina? This past week while walking or doing something all of a sudden it hits me but lasts a second or two. I read online that it could be from your cervix dilating. Of course the net is so unreliable and I will definitely talk to my dr about it at this week's appt. I haven't been pregnant in over 7 yrs so it's hard to remember what to expect at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->