Any other October mummies?

Kat- there's only so much you can take. One-sides friendships never work out and sometimes is best to go your separate ways. If my friend called my dh, that'd be the end of it. Not that I'm jealous and don't trust my dh, but bc that's disrespectful imo. You need supported as well and it sounds like she doesn't provide that. Maybe just be honest with her and tell her she hasn't been good to you.

My friend has been crying for the last 3 years about her SO and how he's not motivated to get married and have kids. I told her if after 14 yrs nothing has changed it never will so if she's unhappy that's on her. She was going to leave, but is too dependant on him for money. She knows my view on the subject, and hasn't discussed it in awhile. Of course she doesn't really talk to me or her other pregnant friends anymore. Yes, I feel bad that she doesn't have the life she dreamed of, but you can change the outcome of things.

Some friendships run their course and maybe yours has? If you have no time/energy to put in to it then don't force it.

I'm just getting my sisters one she bought when my newphew was smaller. I do like the video ones, I bet i wouldn't stop checking and looking though!

My 4 year old starts school on monday and i have my driving test in just over 2 weeks so I'll be having constant lessons from when he starts! I really hope i pass, cutting it fine but definitely a necessity now im going to have 3 little ones! England has been quite warm the last week and I'm really struggling with how big i am now. Even walking around the supermarket feels like a marathon. I don't want my girls to come any earlier than planned at 37 weeks but i really can't wait for it now x

It's a machine that makes bottles at room temperature but has a burst of boiling water to kill the bacteria in the formula. I don't know how the formula guidelines differ in America but it's all changed here since my son was a baby. I used to boil water and keep it in the fridge, add the powder just before feeding but I've been told that doesn't kill the bacteria and making the bottles just before feeding is recommended but that sounds so time consuming, especially with twins!

Hi girls ive been catching up on everyone, I'm 33 weeks now n feeling huge n struggling already! I cant walk for long I get really breathless n my back n groins give in! Ive had a horrible virus for the last week that's an awful cough n sore throat I'm up half the night with it n the coughing is horrendous its like I'm choking n now all my stomach n ribs r really sore I'm almost in agony when I cough. Its just awful. Ive had 2 weeks often worn have spent it like this! Only got 2 weeks to work then I finish n I'm only part time anyway.
Ive got a perfect prep machine too! Ready and waiting! Ive been told there fab!
Girls what method will you use when say going out and about for a day, is it ok to fill a flask and make the bottles up fresh while out? X

hopefully when I was bottle feeding my youngest I'd just bring a bottle with powder in it and a bottle of water and then mix as we went. I never really warmed the bottles past room temperature that way I didn't have to worry about him not wanting it. Mind you that kid wouldn't turn down food :p

Ok yeh I always like to give warm milk so could try taking the bottle n powder out n just adding the water x

My son never had a warm bottle. I thought the same as you ajarvis. Once my lo's are 6 months then the powder in cooled down boiled water will probably be what we do.

Hey ladies I was leaking fluid so I called my doctor. They told me to come in and it turns out it was amniotic fluid. I had ruptured. They want me to stay in the hospital while they monitor my contractions. I have received the first dose of steroid shots and antibiotics. If natural labor doesn't start within a week they are going to induce me because after then the risk of infection goes up dramatically. I am really hoping my little peanut makes it to 34 weeks. I am just so sad that I'm going to be having another premature baby. I guess my body just isn't equipped to have children.

Kat- there's only so much you can take. One-sides friendships never work out and sometimes is best to go your separate ways. If my friend called my dh, that'd be the end of it. Not that I'm jealous and don't trust my dh, but bc that's disrespectful imo. You need supported as well and it sounds like she doesn't provide that. Maybe just be honest with her and tell her she hasn't been good to you.

My friend has been crying for the last 3 years about her SO and how he's not motivated to get married and have kids. I told her if after 14 yrs nothing has changed it never will so if she's unhappy that's on her. She was going to leave, but is too dependant on him for money. She knows my view on the subject, and hasn't discussed it in awhile. Of course she doesn't really talk to me or her other pregnant friends anymore. Yes, I feel bad that she doesn't have the life she dreamed of, but you can change the outcome of things.

Too true, it just isn't working out. And yeah, every time she calls my DH it bothers me but I think it's because she considers him her friend as well. But it bothered me much more that she'd involve him whenever she felt I was "being mean" instead of dealing with it herself and talking it through with me. It would occasionally lead to conflict between my DH and I before I showed him my texts to her and told him he needs to be critical of what she tells him if she calls him again with claims I'm "being mean." I know I can be a bit blunt but I've honestly been treating her with kid gloves because I know she's an emotional mess so it's total BS when she says I'm "being mean" to her.

As for support you're right, it's been me supporting her through all her drama (mostly with men) and me getting very little back. But as said, I can't be honest with her. Whenever I've in the past tried telling her she's e.g. been hurtful, she'll start making it about her hurt feelings instead because I've now hurt her by saying she's been hurtful towards me:wacko::dohh: Last time her boyfriend helped her see it but I just think it's sad that a 34-35 year old woman needs her 22-23 year old boyfriend to help her see when she's being hurtful. So yeah, a waste of time to discuss it with her when she just gets defensive and turns it around on me. I just can't deal with her huge emotional issues, I've tried but she's shown no interest in improving or "growing up." I was planning on distancing myself from her and seeing if things fizzled out since we've moved further away from her (so it now takes her a little over 1 hour to get to us compared to 10-15 minutes) but now she suddenly comes with her pregnancy and mc so now I can't I guess until it's blown over.

That's sad about your friend but so true. She should see that he won't change and leave if she can't live with the fact he won't marry and have kids. She sounds like my "friend" in that respect, complaining about stuff but not doing anything to change things.

Hey ladies I was leaking fluid so I called my doctor. They told me to come in and it turns out it was amniotic fluid. I had ruptured. They want me to stay in the hospital while they monitor my contractions. I have received the first dose of steroid shots and antibiotics. If natural labor doesn't start within a week they are going to induce me because after then the risk of infection goes up dramatically. I am really hoping my little peanut makes it to 34 weeks. I am just so sad that I'm going to be having another premature baby. I guess my body just isn't equipped to have children.

Wow Kiwi, so sorry and I hope everything goes well and your baby will be fine :hugs:

AFM baby wise I bought the Philips Avent SCD570 and it seem pretty good but I'll know for sure once baby is here and I can use it for real. As for bottle warmers I can't decide if I should invest in one or not, they're pretty expensive here. Are they really necessary if I bf though? I'm not planning on using bottles much if I'm bf although I have bought a few so we have them for e.g. nights out when my ILs will be watching baby.

Aww hope you and bubs r ok kiwiberry. I'm sure baby be fine when born anyway. Have they any idea what weight baby is? X

Thanks ladies! I go down for in-depth ultrasound in about an hour. I should know more of what's going on including how big the baby is.

Kat I didn't use a bottle warmer but I bet its pretty good if you have a fussy baby that wants a warm bottle especially since you guys are gearing up for winter ...

Scotlynn was a autumn baby too ...

Im planning on breastfeeding this time around if it doesn't work baby will have milk at room temperature though

Kiwi- fxd everything goes well.

Kat- I am going to bf also and we bought a warmer. They're not too expensive and we figured it would come in handy if I'm not home and my dh has to used stored milk. I don't plan on introducing a bottle for a few months though.

Kiwi- fxd everything goes well.

Kat- I am going to bf also and we bought a warmer. They're not too expensive and we figured it would come in handy if I'm not home and my dh has to used stored milk. I don't plan on introducing a bottle for a few months though.

We have a warmer as well. I hope to start back with work in January and plan to have loads stored up for pumping. Both SO and my mom need to be able warm the milk when I'm not there and it wasn't too expensive either. I have a double electric pump as well and am going to store milk in our freezer for bubs!

Kiwi: keeping my fingers crossed! I'm sorry that you are going through this again, can't imagine how stressful that must be. :hugs:

I used a bottle warmer for my first when I had to supplement with formula. Mine worked very well and I never had to worry about it overheating. It didn't last long though because she ended up really hating formula.

OK I'll try convincing DH we need to get one then. They're almost $100 here though which DH thought was a bit pricey. But with you ladies backing me up, I'm pretty sure I can get him to cough up the money:winkwink: I'm hoping to go in for our (hopefully) last baby shopping spree either this weekend or the next (depends on DH) to get the last "must haves" and I'll also have to go bra shopping as well, want to get fitted for a nursing bra so I'm sure it fits good and hoping to buy at least 2.

lollipop I even stopped boiling at like 3 months or so. Sterilizing shortly after. Basically once he was chewing his fingers and holding toys :p

Kiwi hope you can make it to 34 weeks! At least that's only 3 weeks early from full term... Hopefully ultrasound gives you some good news on size, and some answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->