Any other October mummies?

I hope baby A will be head down Lolli! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I don't have any real concerns. Mostly concerned about my SO spelling the name wrong when he has to go to city hall to register the baby after the birth. Or him not picking up his damn phone when I go into labor. Because he never picks up his phone :') Of course I have some anxiety about creepy things like cord around his little neck or complications.. but I try to stop those thoughts immediately as they enter my mind. Which is easier said than done, but you know, trying :p

My concerns are centered around the fact I'm at a birthing center. So it's the unknown and what if baby is sunnyside up again? What if there's post partum hemorrhage? etc

My biggest concern is that dh will be at work when it happens and how fast someone can get my dd.

My biggest concern after birth is my mil trying to stay with us to "help". I really want a week to settle in with my dd and baby before being bombarded with visitors. I already told her she cannot stay, but can possibly bring some dinner one evening.

My biggest fear is waiting too long and not making it to the hospital lol.. I don't want to be stuck w/ monitors and an iv and such any longer than I have to be so plan to labor at home as long as I can.

2nd fear is ILs wanting to help and trying to stay at the house with their little ones when all I'll want to do is spend time with my hubby and baby and recoup..

Blabla that's good news ... I will also try getting a sports drink today

Lolli good luck I hope baby A is head down ...

Ajarvis sounds like you are baby ready now ...

My biggest concern is how will Scotty adjust to having a little sister ... will she be jealous, throw tantrums or will she love the baby ... Im always worried about that especially since she is so clingy lately ...

One concern is that DH will have forgotten to charge up his mobile phones (he has 1 private and 1 work phone) and I won't be able to get a hold of him when labor starts.

Also concerned how I'll be as a mother since I had such a poor and emotionally toxic mother myself so haven't exactly had the best role model of how to be a mother .......

Oh forgot to ask, does anyone think it looks like baby has dropped for me?

Me last week at 34 weeks:

34 weeks.jpg

Me today at 35 weeks:

35 weeks 2.jpg

looks like it Kat ... I think you will be a good mother seeing that you had such a toxic childhood and wouldn't want to have your child/ren experience the same ...

Thanks Blessed:hugs: I'm sure you're right, I just feel like I'm starting more from scratch then most FTMs because I don't have anyone to model after.

Oh and I'm also afraid now that not only will my child be without my relatives (for obvious reasons!) but now that many of DH's relatives are checking out. I know my MIL and FIL are interested plus DH's grandmother and the little brother's girlfriend but seems like everyone else doesn't really.

I don't know, DH's cousin and big brother have accepted my request to follow them on Instagram but haven't requested to follow me - yet they're both actively following the little brother's girlfriend:nope: The girlfriend at least requested to follow me after I requested to follow her. BTW never heard back from DH's little brother and he's very active on the internet so he's either denied or ignoring me. But she's also more of a dream in-law for them, she's outgoing and got a job right out of college while I'm a bit more introvert that has had trust issues (partially because of my upbringing in a toxic household but am gradually getting better after I've given up on my toxic siblings and avoid contact) and fought for 6-7 years to get a job after education #1 but it never worked out. I guess I'm finding it all pretty hurtful, don't really know what to do though but can feel it's getting to me:cry: I just don't want my child to suffer and have even less family to go to because they aren't liking me very much:cry:

Blessed it is definitely reassuring that when baby comes she has a place to sleep lol. So if she came tomorrow we'd be OK :)

Kat looks like you've dropped a bit to me :)

Ash - i understand your fear with hemorrhaging. I'm taking iron and asprin daily and also injecting clexane to avoid blood clots. Are you taking anything?
I'm sure breastfeeding will go well. I remember being pregnant with DS and i was so worried about bf, it wasn't easy for us and i switched to formula after 5/6 weeks. I'll attempt to bf the twins after birth so they get the colostrum but my plan is to bottle feed once home.

Blabla - Haha, I'm sure your oh will spell the name right!

I think the fear of not getting hold of your partner is pretty common but they know it's coming any time soon so should be contactable!
Same with in laws, they're probably trying to be helpful but might need a gentle reminder to let you be for a little while.

Blessed - i understand completely. I'm sure our older ones will take to their little sisters and love being in a big sibling role.

Kat - Try not to worry about repeating your mothers mistakes. You're your own person and you're going to be great I'm sure. It does look like baby has dropped too!

Afm - My scan went well. Twin a is head down and engaged! They're also both the exact same weight at 3lb 12oz! Hopefully meaning they'll be 5/6lb at 37 weeks which would be a great size for twins. Very happy with it all. Still not feeling great. Sick, tired and achey but not long left x

Kat- It looks like baby dropped.

As for not knowing whether or not you'll be a good mom...I had an awful childhood and my parents were not the most nurturing. My mother constantly told us she hated us kids and wished she never had us. My step dad was an abusive alcoholic. My biological father was not in the picture bc in my mom's own words "he didn't want you". I'm not a perfect mom, we all screw up but my baby knows she's loved and we have a close bond. My child feels safe and does not share the same worries I did as a child. I've learned from my own experience how I don't want to be as a parent. I had the same worries as you and I still feel like I mess up some days. You will make mistakes, but it's a learning process and I think you'll be just fine.

lolli fabulous news that twin a is head down :)

I just can not find my get up and go. So beat. Upper back is so sore. I think I've reached that "I'm done" stage of pregnancy lol. 7 more days of work to get through still.

I just can not find my get up and go. So beat. Upper back is so sore. I think I've reached that "I'm done" stage of pregnancy lol. 7 more days of work to get through still.

I'm with you. I have zero energy and it looks like it will never return. My pelvis pains have become more frequent and I have to pee every 20-30 min. I never thought I'd say this bc idk if we'll ever conceive again, but I'm over it. I want this baby out asap.

Kat, having less than good parents is what's going to motivate you to be the best mommy you can and not repeat the same mistakes.

Ladies, my sweet baby was born yesterday! It's a long story so I will post about it when I'm home. Good news is she is doing so well and might get to come home with me when I'm discharged. I will post pics as well. My avatar has 2 pics of her on the bottom.

Using my phone so I can't respond to everyone but I did read them. You lovely ladies will do great <3.

Congrats kiwi! I'm so glad to hear you are both doing well, it happened so fast! Much love to you and family

Congratulations Kiwi! Hope you and baby are doing well and you both get to go home asap xx

Congrats Kiwi!! I hope she will continue to do well and that you'll both get to go home soon!

First huge congrats Kiwi:happydance: Looking forward to seeing more pics:thumbup:

Thanks everyone! I'm already sure I won't be abusive, it just feels like I haven't had a good role model all my life of what a good mother is and does so I'm basically starting from square 1.

As for not knowing whether or not you'll be a good mom...I had an awful childhood and my parents were not the most nurturing. My mother constantly told us she hated us kids and wished she never had us. My step dad was an abusive alcoholic. My biological father was not in the picture bc in my mom's own words "he didn't want you". I'm not a perfect mom, we all screw up but my baby knows she's loved and we have a close bond. My child feels safe and does not share the same worries I did as a child. I've learned from my own experience how I don't want to be as a parent. I had the same worries as you and I still feel like I mess up some days. You will make mistakes, but it's a learning process and I think you'll be just fine.

I'm so sorry Smile that you also had an abusive childhood:hugs: I totally get it, my toxic mother often says if she could do her life over, she'd never have had any kids (she had 6 in all btw, all with different fathers with me being the youngest). She was also against me TTCing and for about 1 year was telling me I would regret it and having a child would be the biggest mistake of my life. My dad was nice and loving enough but so busy running his company that he didn't have much time for me and was totally, blindly crazy about my mother (she's shown me cards he would give her) so he didn't see what was really going on. And when he started going senile when I was 13 and was very senile by the time I was 16 (he'd repeat stuff every 15 minutes), I had basically completely lost him. He died of lymphoma when I was 20 btw and was an only child so no family I know of on that side.

It's so true you at least learn what you won't be doing yourself! I'm in no way thinking I'll be perfect, I just want to be in the "good enough" category and raise a good, kind human being that doesn't have any of the characteristics of the severe personality disorder so many in my FOO (family of origin) suffer from!

I'm with you. I have zero energy and it looks like it will never return. My pelvis pains have become more frequent and I have to pee every 20-30 min. I never thought I'd say this bc idk if we'll ever conceive again, but I'm over it. I want this baby out asap.

Yep! Last pregnancy. So done. I am also having to pee sometimes every 20-30 min. Especially when I go to bed of course. So irritating. I hit snooze so many times this morning before getting up I was almost late for work and I didn't even care :shrug: being late is a huge pet peeve of mine even lol 37 weeks on Saturday. So still too early. But at least it's "early term" if anything does happen.

Kat, having less than good parents is what's going to motivate you to be the best mommy you can and not repeat the same mistakes.

Ladies, my sweet baby was born yesterday! It's a long story so I will post about it when I'm home. Good news is she is doing so well and might get to come home with me when I'm discharged. I will post pics as well. My avatar has 2 pics of her on the bottom.

Using my phone so I can't respond to everyone but I did read them. You lovely ladies will do great <3.

Wow Congrats!! Can't wait to read your story :) She looks adorable! And I agree with you having crappy parents can motivate you to be a great parent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->