Any other October mummies?

Lolli glad everything is looking good with your pregnancy:thumbup: It must be hard on the body carrying twins, I feel like I have enough with my singleton but (s)he might also be a big baby. Hoping you avoid induction and section!

blabla here's hoping you'll soon be having your baby! It sounds very promising but I don't know how long you can keep having contractions before they get regular and close enough that you are indeed in labour.

ajarvis here's hoping neither of us have extra fluid, looking forward to hearing what your midwife finds out!

AFM been feeling achey, my back and pelvis are mostly bad in the mornings though when I wake up:wacko: I've tried sleeping with a pillow to support my back and changing sides often but it doesn't help much:nope: Tomorrow will be hectic as DH will go with me to the scan but he can't take time off for the birthing class so we'll be driving to the scan together and then I have to drive him to work so I can have the car to drive to the class which is around 45-50 minutes away by car. I think it first ends around 7:45 PM so will be getting home late and we'll be having a late dinner I guess:nope: DH will come on the 2nd day of the class though on Saturday.

Kat: from what I know, it could take weeks lol, so I'm not getting my hopes up..
Sorry that you are having so many pains in the morning, these last few weeks are grueling!
Hope that you'll enjoy your classes!

Kat: from what I know, it could take weeks lol, so I'm not getting my hopes up..
Sorry that you are having so many pains in the morning, these last few weeks are grueling!
Hope that you'll enjoy your classes!

Oy ok here's hoping it doesn't last very many weeks though:wacko:

Too true although I'm sure once baby is born, I will miss some things about pregnancy, mostly feeling baby move around in there.

Thanks I'm hoping it's a good class! Hopefully I won't be the only one without a DH there. Still a bit sad he can't come as it'd have been nice to have him along.

@ajarvis: your son sounds like a great kid! I have been having a lot of the same things you have, like BH all day yesterday it seemed!

@Kat: hopefully he can go to at least part of the classes, especially if I remember correctly since he was the one that was so opinionated about the type of birth you should have at the beginning! I'm glad he was able to get the crib, though most mattresses (at least over here) are waterproof/ plastic/ vinyl. If that's the case, I'd give it a good washing with a disinfectant, followed by water. I've read a lot about SIDS and never come across anything about a used mattress.

@Lolli: great news about your twins!

AFM: midwife yesterday said he's definitely engaged. She had a little trouble getting his heart rate because his back is so deep in there, definitely still head down (and I can feel it off an on putting pressure on my cervix). She OK'd the evening primrose oil supplement and red raspberry leaf tea recommended by our doula, both swear it's not going to induce anything, just helps the body manage labor on it's own on the schedule it would have anyway. Birth plan was reviewed and we are basically good to go! I prepped all the cloth diapers already, though I plan to start with disposables the first week (until meconium clears, as I have no interest in washing that out of cloth). We got our car seat inspected last week and are now just waiting for the little man to make his debut (still keeping my FX for an October birthday).

@Kat: hopefully he can go to at least part of the classes, especially if I remember correctly since he was the one that was so opinionated about the type of birth you should have at the beginning! I'm glad he was able to get the crib, though most mattresses (at least over here) are waterproof/ plastic/ vinyl. If that's the case, I'd give it a good washing with a disinfectant, followed by water. I've read a lot about SIDS and never come across anything about a used mattress.

He's coming to the 2nd day which is Saturday, it's only a 2 day course since it's an intensive class. We were otherwise afraid I wouldn't reach to get through a whole course before my EDD if we took the other course we were looking at since that one would end 3-4 days shy of my EDD if I remember correctly. Unfortunately his job is so busy right now, he just can't take the time off to come tomorrow, it's already bad he's taking the hours off to come to the scan as it is.

Yep, 2nd hand mattresses increase the odds of SIDS (this is just one article, you'll find many more articles Googling the topic): https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sleeping-babies-deadly-beds/

If you Google enough of anything you can find an article that claims this or that. I am extremely skeptical of any medical anything coming from a news source - especially when it's almost 15 years old and is citing a single study that looked at one group from one city. I am also a professional researcher that works in biological and medical science, so I see reports of all sorts of things, claiming this or that all the time. The currently recognized risk factors for SIDS are listed here: https://www.nichd.nih.gov/sts/about/risk/Pages/factors.aspx
And here: https://sidsamerica.org/about-sids/sids-risk-factors-and-causes-of-sids
And here: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...ath-syndrome/basics/risk-factors/con-20020269
You ultimately have to be comfortable with whatever choice you make for your own child, through whatever resources you choose to use to make those choices. For myself, that's not one that would stress me out (but your mileage may vary).

Thanks Clandestine :) I agree! Glad your little one is engaged!! I've been taking the EPO and the red raspberry tea for weeks. Definitely not inducing labor. Hopefully helping my body prep... I'm about to make my third cup of tea today actually lol.

Kat hopefully the measuring ahead is nothing for us both!

Well back from the midwife - 38+5 today - and I'm now measuring at 42! So she did an internal and confirmed that it's most likely cause baby is not in my pelvis at all lol. Cervix is very high and hard to reach. So just for precaution she's booking an ultrasound as I have been measuring 2 weeks ahead regularly, but to gain 2 cm in 1 week is a bit much. Also wants me to wrap and lift my belly in a sheet and do squats with her like that to try and get her into the pelvis. Said can do that any time I want. No rush yet. But I'll probably try it soon.Guess all those contractions and cervix pains haven't done much yet :p Oh and she wants me to get a chiropractic adjustment as that may encourage baby to move into the pelvis as well!

Rebozo sifting! Have you read anything on spinning babies?
These are some of their more concise articles:
https://spinningbabies.com/start/in-pregnancy/is-baby-engaged-yet/
https://spinningbabies.com/start/in-pregnancy/daily-activities/
https://spinningbabies.com/start/in-pregnancy/the-3-principles-in-pregnancy/

They have a few youtube videos of the exercises as well, I've been doing those for most of the third trimester to losen things up. Yours is also not a first baby - and I have been told those don't always engage early, so yours may just in time still! FX for you!

Well ladies, my water broke at 5:15 this morning so currently (10:17 AM) in the hospital and admitted. Because it's a preemie, they are goimg to wait as long as possible if my contractions don't start on their own. Max a week of waiting and am being closely monitored in the mean time. Baby seems fine at this point, my waters keep gushing though, literal waterfall.

I'll try to keep you ladies updated, as it very well may take a while... I hope contractions start soon.. A lot of cramping amd irregular contractions but nothing substantial yet.

Hope you are all doing well!

ajarvis here's hoping those exercises help! I have heard though that 2nd and later babies often first get into position shortly before labour so should be time for it to happen!

blabla I hope your contractions start very soon!

AFM got back from my scan and baby is within the normal range in size as far as she can tell and there isn't excess amniotic fluid, that's also normal:thumbup: They do want me to come back for an extra scan next week to make sure of the measurements as she had a hard time getting more accurate measurements. She's currently guessing baby to be around 3000 g right now.

Here's a scan pic of baby touching his/her nose:cloud9:

37 ugers.jpg

Bla- good luck hun!!!!!! I hope your contractions start soon. I can't wait to hear about your little man.

@blablamana: I am glad to hear they aren't pushing any intervention yet and giving your body a chance on its own! I know a few people with late term preemies who were completely fine by 36 weeks, so KMFX your LO was just ready!

@Kat: I'm glad to hear you got good news (and a cute pic) at your scan. I hope your class goes well, also!

AFM, last two days of BH must have been productive, have been uncomfortable since last night, really feels like he's in my cervix and my bones are once again sore. I think I prefer the gradual movement over time at this point, still hoping he waits until October to arrive!

Blabla - How exciting! Hope you're doing well and everything progresses nicely:) looking forward to hearing your baby news!

Kat - Great news about your scan!

Clandestine - Hope you get the October birthday you're wishing for.

Afm - Nothing much to report. Just very tired and hoping my girls will make their appearance in the next 3 weeks. My OHs mum is so sweet and booked us both in for massages tomorrow. I've got a mummy to be one which I'm looking forward to! My ds is with his dad this weekend so just going to have a relaxed weekend, I do really miss him when hes away though

Hi ladies ... Hope everyone is well ... I'm posting from my phone ... I've been admitted as I'm showing signs of pre-eclampsia again ... I have headaches and dizzy spells with blurred vision and my feet is swollen ... Dr ran some tests and I have an infection and inflammation but they don't know the cause of it ... I'll keep you ladies posted

Thanks lolli ... I have lots of contractions though they so random and causing me lots of pain and discomfort ... The midwife is going to check me to see if I'm dilating because of it ... Will update again

I'm sorry blessed, i hope ypu both are doing well despite all this!

My contractions haven't started yet after 24 hours and they are going to let it gofor about a week. They don't want to induce because of him being premature. So I'll have to stayin the hospital till at least Thursday if things don't progress on their own.. I don't agree with that because of the massive infection risk and I believe it's safer for him to be out within 72 hours... Instead of leaving him in my open womb for a week.. That seems so unsafe but they feel like the benefits outweigh the risks.. And there's nothing Ican do about it. To go a week with fully broken waters at 36 weeks seems absolutely mad!
I feel very defeated, scared and stressed out of my mind.
Please keep your fingers crossed that labour will start soon, I don't feel like he's safe this way at all. :(

Lolli hope you enjoy your massage, that sounds really good to me:thumbup:

Blessed so sorry, I hope they soon can do something to make you feel better!

blablamana I admit I don't know much about what's best in that situation and can fully understand your concerns! I'd be questioning them as well in that case. Here's hoping labour starts soon so you don't have to worry for that long!

AFM seems as if my enabler cousin and my toxic mother are friends again and my mother blabbed about me being pregnant:dohh: My cousin texted me her congratulations late last night although she didn't ask about anything. So now it's going to get back to my toxic siblings:wacko: The worst is if they start acting like they expect to be invited to the Christening or any of them volunteers for Godparent duty:nope:

Bla- I definitely understand your worry. Honestly I've never heard of not delivering after your water breaks. You're in the hospital and they're keeping a close eye on you and baby. I am sure there's a risk of infection like you said, but rven giving it him a few more days may be beneficial to his development. I'm wishing you the best of luck and I'll say a little prayer for you.

@blablamana: This is a detailed summary of the standard of care for premature preterm rupture of membranes:
https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/261137-overview#a6
They are balancing the risk of infection with the risks of prematurity in your baby - as long as you and baby are stable, they are likely to try to give him as much time on the inside as possible to minimize risks to him being premature.
And this article should be free text and includes a plain language summary after the abstract: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3335867/
Effectively - there is no statistical difference between induction of labor and expectant management in terms of risks of infection and/or c-section, but your baby would have lower risks of prematurity-related issues by cooking a bit longer. I hope that's reassuring!

@Blessed: I hope they are able to keep you stable, though I'm so sorry you've had to go into the hospital!

AFM... BH continues, all week - it's been more of the day than not, like my entire uterus contracts and stays that way. I am still a bit uncomfortable with my swelling and I'm just exhausted - but otherwise, keeping on. Seven sleeps until October!!! KMFX!!! And if any of you have any tips for handling the swelling and/or fatigue - please share! I am just dragging, though I did finish some sewing and some needed to finish work project before maternity leave today! I'm trying to work until delivery, but I am so run down, I can't fathom making it through a day in the office right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->