Any other October mummies?

Hi ladies quick update! Labour started on its own last night. The beginning was slow but around 9 AM my dilation was 5 and by 11 it was 9! Sadly I developed a serious fever, Thomas was still doing fine though. He was born at 3PM after 5 pushes, head and body out in the fifth contraction. No tears, justa small graze.

He is so perfect. His bloodsugar, colour, breathing, temp etc are all fine but because I had a fever he and dad are now off to get him some antibiotics. He weighs 2810 grams, small but perfect for the gestation.
We'll be inthe hospital tillat least wednesday to make sure he doesn't develop an infection (even though they haven't found an infection in me yet and fever is gone already). Best to be sure of course. He stayed with ius for 1.5 hours directly after birth and even had a go at breastfeeding already (searching for nipple etc as well)

I'll update with a picture whenever I get the chance.

Hope you areall doing great! I'm a mom now and I can't describe how incredible that feels!

Congrats Blablamama! Hope you and baby are doing well :hugs:

Blabla- that is such amazing news! Congrats on your healthy boy!

blablamana OMG huge congrats, can't wait to see pics:happydance:

Congrats!!! So glad to hear he came on his own and sounds like he's doing perfectly!

Yay! Congratulations!!

It's getting so real now that people are announcing their births. I wonder who will be next..

blablamana, comgrats Mama!!

Congrats blabla!
I guess im joining this October thread because the other ones died. Ive got 3 weeks left.. woo! Time flew by.

Congratulations blabla ...

AFM I got discharged on Sat as my BP came down, however today at my obgyn its gone up again. I'm now readmitted and they will try and stabilize it again. If it comes down they going ahead with my csection on Wednesday if not I'm having it tomorrow night. This hasn't been an easy pregnancy and I'm so happy the end is in sight. I'll update again tomorrow.

Blessed so sorry about your BP, hope your C-section goes well whichever date it ends up being! Keep us updated.

AFM realised we're actually missing sheets for the baby carriage and lift so will need to buy some ASAP. Plus DH's co-worker has a travelling crib and a baby rocking chair for sale so we may buy those as well. Think the travelling crib will be especially handy.

Blessed- I hope they get your bp down. Good luck with your c-section.

I agree with lolli, it's starting to get real. I barely slept last night bc I am so uncomfortable and have this fear that my water will break. So of course I'm exhausted today and I'm not feeling well at all. I feel weak and nauseous.

Well I guess I'm next. My son declined in growth even more so they're doing a c section tomorrow at noon. Hubby and I are in a state of shock but also very excited to meet our long awaited son and daughter. Keeping fingers crossed for no nicu time but are also being realistic that they may need it. Send positive thoughts please.

Thanks ladies ...

Kat hope you get to it before baby comes

Smile tell me about it hey ... I wake up at 4am each morning and can't get back to sleep...

Good luck ash so exciting ...

Update: so while my bp is in the normal range my pulse is high again and I'm having much more intense contractions than the ones I had over the weekend ... They are a bit painful but my pain threshold is also quite high ... It takes my breath away too ... So my Dr has instructed nil per mouth until I see her when she comes in ... It sounds like my csection will happen today after all ... Its 8am here I will update when I've seen her

FXed for you ash and Blessed, hope your C-sections go well and babies all are fine!

AFM going in for my control scan tomorrow. Hoping it won't last as long as my scan last week as I was uncomfortable lying on my back for so long, especially when they put a wedged pillow under my butt so my lower body came up much higher. Still nothing from my siblings so guess they're ignoring the pregnancy news which is good as it'll be that much easier to not invite them to the Christening. I only now fear my ILs reactions to when they find out.

Thanks turns out I have an irritable uterus ... So no baby today and csection definitely tomorrow morning ... I'm trying to just relax and drink much more water ... Will post pics sometime this week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->