Any other October mummies?

Congrats MissCassie!

I just spent a half a day with my doula trying to wean off pumped milk and reestablish regular nursing now that all the jaundice treatment is complete. Everything looks good to her, basically cluster feeding for the weekend and hoping that gets everything back as nature intended. At least jaundice is completely gone, including the green stools it causes! Baby steps!

@Kat: I hope things go well for you tomorrow! I would be frustrated with the scheduling issues, as well!

@ajarvis: KMFX for you! I hope she comes by herself! Have you tried to increase oxytocin to stimulate contractions? Some of those ways are super fun!

Which ways are you talking about for increasing oxytocin? We've done sex lol.

Maddison lea born at 7:54 this morning thr 6th october. Weighing in at 2.32kg and 51cm i'm so in love

Congrats!!

Congrats MissCassie!

I just spent a half a day with my doula trying to wean off pumped milk and reestablish regular nursing now that all the jaundice treatment is complete. Everything looks good to her, basically cluster feeding for the weekend and hoping that gets everything back as nature intended. At least jaundice is completely gone, including the green stools it causes! Baby steps!

Yay good news :)

AFM I had yet another sweep today. But she's now lower. I was at almost a two and she stretched me to almost a 3. I walked 50 min. today and swam 40. I've been doing squats etc. and midwife could feel a bulging waters so she could literally come any minute. Midwife doesn't think I'll need an induction. Hoping not! I have bloodwork and an ultrasound on Tuesday to check on baby and iron levels - if she's not here by then.

Fingers crossed for you ajarvis! Your little girl is too comfy haha. Sounds like you're doing great though but being over due feels like forever. Hoping she comes over the next couple days. I feel like there's only a few of us still pregnant!

Afm - I've got a second dose of steroid injections tomorrow, taking as the twins will be here just before 38 weeks and their lungs might need a little boost. I'll just be getting all the last preparations sorted over the weekend. I can't believe they will be here come Monday afternoon. Still coming around to having a section x

Still pregnant! Lol cleaned my carpets the other day, that was my last project, now i just have to pack a hospital bag, take my boy to a pumpkin patch tomorrow and his 3 year Dr check up on Tues and we are good to go lol

Thanks lollipop! Hanging in there. Analyzing every little thing lol. My boys are off school for fall break so going to take them to the pool today. Get some swimming in.

I'm still over here! Not due for 8 more days, but I thought last night was it! I had intense contractions 5-7 mins apart from 12-4 am but they wouldn't get stronger. They eventually fizzled out...

@ajarvis: for oxytocin - all the stimulations, kissing/ cuddling all the way through sex (don't forget nipple stimulation), staying in the dark, staying relaxed, doing things you enjoy. For me, I think it's probably not an accident I finished my baby prep to-do list the day my water broke. It was like as soon as I had gotten that last thing off my list, there was just no reason to hold on anymore.

Ajarvis- I'm sorry she hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully soon!

Afm- I went in at 6:30am and they checked me. The sweep literally did nothing for me and they did a pitocin drip and broke my water at 8am. Once I hit 6cm, the pain was really intense but I pulled through without the epidural. Once I got to 7, 8-10 came super fast and I was ready to push. After 3 great pushes our girl was born at 12:37pm. She weighed 8lbs 13oz and is 21.5 inches long. It was a great experience and I am so proud of myself. I am so thankful we didn't wait any longer bc she ended up being so large. She is perfect and healthy and we're so in love. My dd1 is super happy and holds her every moment she can get. Bfing is going super well so far. Definitely challenging until my supply comes in bc she wants the boob every hour.

Congratulations Smillie and we'll done. Glad you're both doing well! Xx

Been waiting for this update!!! Congratulations Smille! So happy for you and kudos for doing it drug free mama!

@ajarvis: for oxytocin - all the stimulations, kissing/ cuddling all the way through sex (don't forget nipple stimulation), staying in the dark, staying relaxed, doing things you enjoy. For me, I think it's probably not an accident I finished my baby prep to-do list the day my water broke. It was like as soon as I had gotten that last thing off my list, there was just no reason to hold on anymore.

Ah. Yea we do all that. I've been relaxed since the 16th when I finished work :p I take a bath every day. My MIL is here and is cleaning my house and cooking for me. My kids are being beyond sweet and helpful. I have literally NOTHING left to do for this baby and haven't for weeks :p I picked up some extra not needed items even from people that are also waiting for baby ha. Like a diaper pail etc.

Ajarvis- I'm sorry she hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully soon!

Afm- I went in at 6:30am and they checked me. The sweep literally did nothing for me and they did a pitocin drip and broke my water at 8am. Once I hit 6cm, the pain was really intense but I pulled through without the epidural. Once I got to 7, 8-10 came super fast and I was ready to push. After 3 great pushes our girl was born at 12:37pm. She weighed 8lbs 13oz and is 21.5 inches long. It was a great experience and I am so proud of myself. I am so thankful we didn't wait any longer bc she ended up being so large. She is perfect and healthy and we're so in love. My dd1 is super happy and holds her every moment she can get. Bfing is going super well so far. Definitely challenging until my supply comes in bc she wants the boob every hour.

Congrats!! Glad everything went so well :)

AFM...... Nothing to update. Still pregnant. Had a sweep thursday that was able to stretch to a 3 almost. Have another one today, and acupuncture. I've been swimming and walking tons. But now it's thanksgiving weekend here and I'd rather she wait until tomorrow night after dinner. So with my luck my water will break tonight :p

Congrats Smille, I'm so glad you got the birth you wanted and that everything is going well so far!

@ajarvis: KMFX she doesn't interrupt your holiday, but doesn't keep you waiting much longer!

Been waiting for this update!!! Congratulations Smille! So happy for you and kudos for doing it drug free mama!

Thank you hun! I almost gave up at 7cm but my dh kept saying its almost over and I can do it. I'm glad I didn't give up bc not even an hr later she arrived. I hope all is well with you and baby Juliette.

Smile - congratulations!

I'm sorry I've been very MIA. I have been following just not posting as there's not much time. I'm awake every 2 hours to feed and the feedings take about an hour.

Congratulations on all the babies born, I'm happy to see so many successful and happy births! And FX'd for those of you still waiting to meet your LOs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->