Anybody else due in October?

My son fit in new born for the first 6 weeks lol I don't expect this little one to be big either.

So how is everyone feeling lately? I was having some stomch pressure along with some braxton hicks (more like one really long one actually) ended up taking a bath which helped tremendously but our tub is tiny so it soon got uncomfortable..

I'm thinking about going down to the kids thrift store in a bit and getting my son a couple shirts and some more shorts and maybe a couple outfits for the baby too.

So I just got back from shopping and though I didn't find my son some shorts at the thrift store like I was hoping to (ended up going to walmart for that) I did find a couple outfits for the baby including one I am now set will be her coming home outfit! I was so excited when I found it cause I saw the same set at babies r us for like $15 about a month or so ago. It comes with a onesie that has matching footed pants, a matching sleep and play outfit and a beanie.

So this is the outfit my little girl will be coming home in :)

https://i50.tinypic.com/zt6muw.jpg

Oh, I love that outfit! It's so stinking cute! I hope they tell me girl on the 2nd. There are so many cute girls clothes!

Thanks :) I love it, especially the beanie! The outfit is just simple yet cute :) Not sure if I want to bring the pants it came with or not..probably won't need them, its still pretty hot here in October. I'll be bringing a blanket and socks for her anyway.

I'd bring the pants too! Even if it's warm she's a newborn :) plus I'm sure they are cute

Hey Ladies!! :D
So today had a doctor's appointment today they heard the little man beating away on doppler :cloud9: My CF test came back normal(YAY) and Alpha Fetoprotein back normal as well (YAY) But THyriod which I had retested is a little elevated...but the nurse said that's normal once you become pregnant and mine isn't super high they like it under 4.5 but it came back 5... so not too bad i don't think...
Also Doctor said I get a sonogram next appointment(YAYS) because the way baby was laying last time didn't give them a clear veiw of all the organs or something...but as long as they check everything is okay and I get to see LO I'm completely happy!!! HaHa and my grandmother, this is her first great grandchild begged to come the next ultrasound and she is so excited it is so soon :D July19 please hurry :D

Now I'm talking to much haha.:happydance:

you're little outfit just got me thinking of what I want LO to come home in...something really cute and something we get him...considering we're getting all his clothes from my aunt's two little ones...haha

Since we are showing what we are bring LO home in...I thought I'd share mine! It's a John Deere outfit. The shoes were actually my son's and we had to squeeze them on his feet for a pic when he was born because his feet were too big for the size 2! (BTW, I know the soes don't quite go but my husband insists she wear them!:haha:) This is, of course, if she is still a she! I do have another in case she ends up being a boy but I don't have a pic of it handy to post.

Attachments

• 549282_415023995185770_1281234676_n.jpg
    549282_415023995185770_1281234676_n.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1
Aww thats cute :) My son had big feet too lol I don't know if we will have shoes for her or not, we did for my son but after a while my hubby found something online that said its not good for babies to wear shoes or socks unless its needed.. I think its a bunch of crap to be honest, I mean I can see why walking barefoot is better for them but when they aren't even trying to walk yet what difference does it make lol.

I know about the shoe thing...I've heard all about it. It's supposed to be because if the shoes are properly fitted it could restrict the proper growth and development of the baby's feet. I believe it too. My husband has problems with his feet and they have said it was because his mom ALWAYS put shoes on him (one's that more than likely didn't actually fit) and it's hard to tell the proper fit since they can't tell you they aren't comfortable or too snug. We always just put shoes on my son for pictures then after he started walking we had to because he has flat feet and it was causing him to walk funny and fall a lot.

just felt little man move from the outside ♥♥

Attachments

• FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1
Awesome! :D My baby was lazy yesterday didn't feel her too much but hopefully she'll be more active today.

We had shoes on my son for a while but only if we went outside or something, I figured it would keep his feet a little warmer, they were never tight fitting or anything. But my hubby thinks socks shouldn't be worn either o_O He's been walking since he was 8 months and had shoes on anytime we went somewhere, doesn't seem to hurt him any lol. I guess everyone is different though.

So now that I have baby's outfit picked out I am so fighting the urge to pack my hospital bag and my son's over night bag. I don't know why I want to do it so bad right now at only 24 1/2 weeks, I didn't even have my bag packed until I was like 37 weeks with my son.. and even then I was constantly taking stuff out of it and putting it back in later (cause I had my favorite PJ pants in there and my brush and all that lol). I don't want to pack too early but I don't want to wait till last minute either. I am going to try and force myself to wait until 32 weeks atleast, but would like to wait until my baby shower is over with (I'll be about 34 weeks then).

What all are you ladies planning to pack for you and the baby? (and your hubby if anything)

For me I'll have 2 pairs of comfy but decent clothes, and a pair of PJs
socks
tooth brush/paste, deodorant, hairbrush, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bath scrubby.
phone + charger (I have an extra charger so won't even have to worry about forgetting it last minute, and hubbys phone uses the same one)
maybe a small bag of hard candy and a couple snacks

Thats probably all I will need for me. My phone and hubbys takes great pics and my mom will be taking tons of pics too.

For the baby I'll have 2 onesies, 1 footed sleep and play outfit, 2 beanies, a blanket or 2 and maybe a pacifier (I'm really hoping she will take one, my son never did) and then of course the car seat will be installed in the car by then.

Our hospital provides so much that I could probably just go with nothing but a change of clothes for me and baby and my phone for pictures, the carseat and be fine lol

our hospital gives you diapers, wipes, a soothie pacifier (I'll be using gumdrops but soothie is pretty much the same thing anyway) along with formula if you need it, a new born very soft rubber hair brush thing, a small bottle of johnsons baby soap (like sample sized) and some nose bulb sucky things lol they also give you pads and underwear like pants (brand new of course and rather comfy actually) 2 beanies (plus they come around the next day with hand knitted beanies that people make and donate to the hospital) then they have blankets and little shirts for the baby to use while at the hospital. They have all the toiletry stuff too but I want to bring my own.

Last time we over packed lol and my hubbys sister brought us a bunch of stuff to the hospital too, snacks, pj pants, diapers, wipes, a blanket.. lol big crate full of stuff!

I'll probably just bring my hubby a change of clothes and thats it. The hospital has extra blankets and pillows if he ends up staying over night with us.

That's so funny that you want to pack now. When I had my son, I had to ask the doctor for an extra hour to pack stuff before going to the hospital for my induction. I had the last appointment of the evening and it was about 5:30. He wanted me at the hospital by 7. I live about 1/2 hour away and I hadn't packed anything! I was actually overdue so he was very shocked that I hadn't done anything at all.

But, my hospital gives us everything too. Actually, I know a lot of the nurses up on the OB floor (well, actually in the whole hospital - I used to work there) so they like to stock me up on stuff! When I had my son, I walked out with about 9 packs of diapers and enough formula for about a month! They just kept bringing me stuff! I had about 12 of the similac diaper bags that has a small can of formula in them along with a bunch of other sample products by the end of our stay. They also gave me lots of extra of the Witch Hazel pads (Tuck's pads) because I had a really bad tear and couldn't bear to touch anything down there with regular toilet paper. The Witch Hazel pads felt so good though!

I do have to say that here in the US I consider us quite lucky in a way. I've seen some of the lists that the ladies from some other countries are taking and their hospitals don't like to give them much it seems. At least I know that if I don't have something they will gladly give it to you at my hospital. I'm not saying our hospitals are better in any way but I do think all hospitals and all countries have their benefits and their downfalls.

OMG, I'm so wordy lately!

Thank you :D

I am about to pull my hair out...!!! First on my cell phone bill I was charged an extra 10.00 for something I don't even remember "if" i did do it...but they took it off thankfully. Now I just recieved proactiv saying I owed 67.84 over 3 months...I had ordered proactiv once in jan. and had cancelled...but the man i spoke with then only postponed it....AHHHHHHH!!!! While trying to cancel it finally, the woman tried selling me more things... :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

Haha I know I am talking alot lately too it seems! and yeah our hospitals sure give us the hook up lol but you're lucky to get all that extra stuff too!

I tried proactive once, bought it at the mall though. Used it for like 2 weeks and said screw it. I don't know if it was helping or not but I HATE having to spend 15 minutes twice a day just washing my face. I'd much prefer a 1 step solution

The proactiv thing, when you order it they automatically subscribe you to their automated refill system. They will keep sending you a new supply and billing you for it unless you return post it and fall to cancel the membership.
I'm not packing till way later. I use the stuff so no point in unpacking and re-packing. About a month or less before I may start with the mini bottles and pjs, robe, and add to it slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->