Anyone doing IVF in Newcastle?

Hi there I have never done this before but me and my partner hav been TTC for 2and half years now no luck ... Been to get checked at the docs and I have been told I ovulate fine but my partner has had many seman samples all coming back low and pretty much none swimmers so we have been referred to the CFL fertility clinic off my doctor and got my first appointment through can anyone help and tell me what to expect from this and what will happen afterwards ? Thanks in advance

19yr, sorry to hear you are having problems getting pregnant, fx'd being referred to CFL will make it happen. I'm assuming the clinic will do there own tests to evaluate what treatment is required. I just went straight into IVF due to DH's situation so unsure what the first initial steps are but the clinic is great all the staff are very helpful. Just make a list of all the questions you want to ask as when you get in there you can get overwhelmed by all the information and end up coming away thinking you didn't get all your questions answered.

You will be fine and sure they will sort the best treatment out for you :hugs: If you have any questions on IVF I'm more than happy to help xx

Thank you I will I just don't know what to expect so feeling rather nervous. I'll try and put questions together no doubt I'll be back on once this appointment is over with.... If they suggest IVF how long does it take to get started on it ? Thank you xx

When is your appt?

If you go for IVF they will take bloods and do tests which takes about 6 weeks to complete and get results back then they will have you in to discuss and as long as you aren't a smoker and your BMI is under 30 and nothing shows up on your results then they should get you started within that month the only hold up would be if there was a waiting list but hasn't been since I've been there. xx

Aww thank you that makes me less nervous to know that it could happen rather sooner then we expect ... That is if IVF is way forward lol can u tell me what the bloods are to check for and what tests are for ? My BMI is 27.5 so adleast weight won't be a struggle. Thank you sandy xx

I think the bloods are to screen for blood born virus' like HIV, hepatitis that sort of thing.

Hope your ok sandy :hugs: xxx

Morning Ladies

Blood work is to checked for blood born virus' like Mossip said and also checking your AMH levels etc. These test are just to also check your ovarian reserve and also to see if there are any abnormalities with your reporductive system that is not allowing you to concieve naturally.

How's it going mossip? Where you at with your cycles?

I'm doing good just been enjoying the time off from ttc. Got a lot going on at the minute do thats good keeping busy and officially became an auntie at the weekend so that was great to see my little nephew he is so adorable. I have been luckily enough to have my WTF appt brought forward by a week so got that a week on Wednesday so hopefully starting next cycle in August :happydance: xx

Fantastic news on your little nephew and great news that your appt has been brought forward :happydance:
I'm doing well. I've noticed a lot of different symptoms this time! I'm more clumsy and very short tempered! Last time I sailed through with only been a tad emotional :haha: I have a scan next Friday then start Menopur next Saturday :). I also had my pre op on the 22nd :/. It's scary and exciting lol xxx

Yeah I've found that I've been different for symptons and emotion everytime i've done a cycle. that great news sounds like things are now moving quickly for you :happydance: exciting xx

Hey Ladies, how you doing?

Mossip have you started menopur? Not long till your pre op! :happydance:

19yr, Have you had your appt yet? xx

No my appointment is a week on Tuesday and I'm now starting to feel really excited but scared at the same time hope this next week odd don't drag too much just gunna try and keep myself real busy in the mean time how's you Sandy ?xx

Hey :). 19 I hope this week flys for you :),
I have a scan tomorrow then hopefully start Menopur on sat :)

I hope your all not working to hard and enjoying a little but if this glorious weather! I'm off work sat, sun and mon so it better be nice lol xxx

Mossip what's your scan for ? Good luck anyways and I'm loving the sun just dreading the end of the sun apparently there's a thunderstorm to come :( xx

Scan was to check my womb lining and ovaries. All's good :) I'm back next Thursday for a tummy scan so they can see my right ovary while stimming.

Ohh I love a good thunderstorm :) xxx

Mossip, everything looks on track for you this time it's gettign exciting!!!! xx

Well ladies got new schedule through for next IVF. :happydance: Start Buserelin on 3rd August and ER scheduled for 9th Sept. It's great to have dates set out. Started Acunpuncture last night and found it so relaxing so going to continue it for this cycle as it can't hurt as long as it keeps me stress free it's got to be a bonus!

How are you ladies doing? :hugs: xx

Fab news :happydance: really hope it's 3rd time lucky :)

I'm doing ok but I don't Like the new syringes!! They are so stiff and hard to push in. I'm gonna see if they have any of the old ones lying around tomorrow lol xxx

Are they the ones in the new packs in a blue bag with 2 needle heads per syringe? xx

I don't like the look of them. Guess I'll find out what they are like next week xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->