Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

Clussy, I'm so sorry to hear about the negative beta my love.
I think we all go into this knowing that an IVF BFN is going to hurt more than an non-IVF BFN, but I was surprised by how much more it really does hurt.
Going through an IVF cycle requires you to invest so much physically, and emotionally, it just makes the disappointment of a BFN so much harder.
Having not had a second IVF cycle yet, I'm not sure whether this will turn out to be true or not, but I also suspect that the worst IVF BFN you will ever get is the first one. There is a bit of a loss of innocence about the whole process, if that makes sense....
Anyway, I am thinking of you honey. I know you are strong and I know you'll pull through and be ready to start fighting again soon - and I've got no doubt that you'll hold that baby in your arms one day.
(PS have a glass or two of red while you're on that couch. Totally brilliant idea.) :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi All

Firstly, Clussy, I am so sorry about your beta, no words are going to soothe you right now but I hope you are ok and you are getting lots of TLC from your DH. Remember we're all here for you when you need us :hugs::hugs:

Mrs JA, it totally makes sense about what you say about the 1st IVF BFM being the most upsetting, how are you doing now? I notice from your signature that you're onto your first FET next month! That's awesome news that things are moving for you so quickly, I'm going through it right now so if there's anything you need to know just ask!!

Tickled, how are you getting on? When will you test again?

Aclio, how was the trigger shot?? Hope you're doing ok, everything crossed for you tomorrow.

Blue, how are the stims going?

Lolalulu & Rosie, hope you are both doing well. Has it sunk in yet??!

Cazd, how are you getting on? Are you out of hospital yet??

xx

I had a scan on Tuesday morning, day 15 of oestrogen and my womb lining STILL isn't thick enough :growlmad: I'm up to 7.6mm and they need it to be over 8mm so I'm not far off at least. I've to go back for a scan tomorrow morning and I think they are going to go ahead with ET on Monday/Tuesday regardless, they said that I could go ahead now as it is but just want to see if we can just get a bit more for optimum conditions.
I went for an extra acupuncture session yesterday and am cramming brazil nuts, pineapple and beetroot down my throat like they're going out of fashion so fingers crossed there may be a bit of improvement tomorrow!!
xx

Stims are going okay - ovaries are already sore. Kind of feeling the fear of how will I cope with a bfn and at the same time trying to stay as positive as possible.

Tickled, how are you getting on? When will you test again?

The 2WW has got to be the most awful part of this whole thing... for the first week I was on knicker alert for this so-called IB which I haven't seen... and this week I've been checking for the :witch: I usually get really bad back cramps when I have my period and since Monday I've had the niggly back pain in the evenings. I didn't think much of it to start with but I've had it on and off for most of today and I'm convinced I'm going to come today or tomorrow :cry:
I had a bit of a cry and wouldn't you know it, the clinic called a few minutes after. I'm sure my nurse is psychic, because it's the second time it's happened. She said she understands it's an anxious time but try to take one day at a time... easier said than done. I dread going to the toilet now because I really don't think I'm going to make it until Sunday :cry:

Good luck with your ET next week :thumbup:

How many days have you been stimming now, Blue?

Ok, I was convinced :witch: was on her way and I had another cry. For some reason DH has suggested I do a test just to see... MrsJA I know i promised I wouldn't but I tested... I still have three days to go but it looks like a positive to me :shrug: It said to wait five mins but DH being impatient checked after a minute and it had a line there. I know the tests said they expired 07/2010 so they're a week gone, so maybe it will be worth getting some new ones just to be sure... Oh heck, I wish i had waited until Sunday now :dohh:

Attachments

• P1030169 PF2.jpg
    P1030169 PF2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 8
Thank you all for your kind words. MrsJA, you're absolutely right, the first failed IVF cycle is just devastating. I thought I was prepared for a BFN but hearing it was a shock to my system. it's a lot of hope you put into this whole process. Yesterday sucked but I had a few good cries and then sent DH out on 3 different trips (well, he kept asking me if he could get me anything and I kept having ideas of what would help :blush:). Once for wings, then wine and then a pint of Chunky Monkey ice cream. After some cries and indulgence, I tucked myself into bed early and just slept for a good long time. Now am feeling like just moving forward and anticipating our meeting w/our RE on Monday morning to talk through ideas for moving forward.

Tickled, congrats sweet lady! That is definitely a line I see on your HPT! Hope that helps you breed solidly positive vibes and keep telling the sweet embies in you that you love 'em and will give them an amazing home/family if they stick around. :happydance:

Blue, hope your discomfort eases up some. Try to just rest, take it easy and keep a positive mind frame. See yourself preggers and just believe that it will happen.

SummerBreeze, good luck w/your ET early next week!

sorry havnt been on for few days just gone back to work! so much is goin on in here!

Mrsja and clussy really sorry about your beta results really dont know what else to say :hugs: to you both.

My god tickled if i were you id be straigh to the shop to buy some more tests although its looking good for you i have everything crossed for you!

hope all you other girls are doing ok!

It really hasnt sunk in yet at all i still keep poas not everyday but think im keeping them in business at the mo!
Got a pack from hospital saying my edd is approx 11/03/2011, need to ring on 19th to get scan date for folling week to confirm viable pregnancy and how many! Got my first midwife appt too next week to get booked in.

Only symptoms i have had just for info are well looking back last week i had low back ache and stomach ache felt like stretching but i just thought it was af related, only thin so far is when i brush my teeth i really heave. I really want all symptoms to make it more believable to me if that makes sense???

tickled just noticed date on your tests is it 07/2010? if it is surely that means the end of July which would then be ok?? fingers crossed!!!!

Thanks Clussy and Rosie. And yes it says 07/2010. I'm tempted to go and buy some more tests but DH says wait until Sunday... I'll see how long I last lol. And you have an EDD already??!! Nice! :p

yeah edd....dont know how they have worked it out though i thought they would of used either lmp or day of ec, seems like theyve plucked it from thin air! suppose my scan will give much better idea and then by that point as long as i see a healthy bean ill 100% believe it, gonna do my last digi on sat so hopefully get 3+!

i dont know how your staying so strong not testin id of caved by now lol

I was wondering the same thing about the EDD. I found a website for working out EDD's via IVF and it asks you to put the 'egg retrieval' date in... I was given March 16th.

i dont understand because on the letter it says your midwife will ask for your lmp for these purposes give them the 5th june this will give you edd of 11h march but on other websites like you it asks for ec which gives me 6th march its almost a week out so im either 4w5d or 5w1d????

I really want you to test!!!

congratulation tickled a line is a line xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AFM - Ec went well today we got 7 eggies we would have got more if they waited one more day but they couldn't cos of my levels. Fingers crossed now. I'm feeling really uncomfortable now though, very crampy. Did anyone else have this? I keep sneezing cos of my hayfever and it bloody hurts

Aclio - 7 is awesome! I have heard from one of my friends that she was really sore and crampy after. Let us know how you get on! Sending :dust: your way.

Evening beautiful girls,

Sorry I was absent yesterday.. I was out having dinner with the DH - and a couple of glasses of wine! (Sorry to rub it in, but those of us who are not pg, not ovulating and not in the 2WW have gotta take our fun while we can get it!)

So firstly - tickled congratulations!!!!! :happydance::yipee::dance::wohoo::happydance:
That is a line, no questions about it! I can't believe we have 4 pregnancies out of this thread, it's amazing! When do you go in for your beta honey??

Summer, nice to see you! I have indeed been wondering what the deal is with FET... I gather they are trying to make sure your lining is nice and thick. Do you have to do injections, or is it something else? Anyway, I hope those brazil nuts do the trick and you get to transfer really soon!

ACLIO, good work on your 7 eggs!! :dance: I was pretty uncomfortable for a couple of days after ET, but especially on the day. Try a couple of paracetemol and make sure you boss your man around a bit tonight.

Blue, good work on the stims, stick with it honey, and stay positive.

Rosie, I'll start hoping for some more symptoms for you - but gagging when you're brushing your teeth has got to count surely?? :rofl:

Clussy, sending love as always!

babydust and happy weekend to you all ladies xxxxxxx

Just had the call from the clinic out of the 7, 6 where ok but this morning 4 have fertilised. I'm just keeping everything crossed now. I'm staying in bed today still really uncomfortable xxxx

Hi All
Aclio, that's great news about your embryos!

Mrs JA, for me it was tablets, it's just oestrogen you have to stimulate and I believe you can have this in either tablets or patches.

Not great news my end I'm afraid to say :nope:

Went for my day 18 scan this morning, lining had increased to 7.8mm so not quite there but they said it was good enough so we got the ET scheduled in for Monday.

At lunch time I started bleeding, the clinic told me to go back in and after and examination and scan they said the lining was shedding and yet again we have had to abandon the cycle :cry:
Next time they're going to try doubling my dose of oestrogen tablets over
a shorter time.

Wishing everyone else loads of luck
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member