Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

Hi Everyone

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Blue, well done for your EC, keeping everything crossed for those 3 precious embies.

Aclio, sorry you're having a wobbly day. Try and keep that positivity up, not long now!
Hope you're coping ok.

Clussy, hope everything goes well on Thursday.

Thanks MrsJA, sorry your AF is messing you around a bit, don't they have a habit of doing that when you really need them to behave?!
How are you getting on??
I finished my Provera course and AF arrived yesterday, now I have to wait for the heavy bleeding to stop then call the clinic for a scan.

How is everyone else doing?

Lots of Love
xxxx

Hi Mrs - It really takes a toll on your body all this IVF/ICSI stuff. I hope you get back to normal soon so you can look forward.

AFM - I'm having abit of a wobble today. I've been so positive so far as well. I'm on another site where its just ladies from my clinic and everyone I've been taking to about the same time as me have got BFN. I'm trying to stay positive but its getting hard when everyones seems to be getting BFN.

Symptoms wise I'm not sure if I have any my (o)(o) have been heavy for awhile so this could be down to the drugs, abit of a funny head, I'm peeing all the time but I'm drinking at least 2 litres a day so theres no wonder lol. The one thing that I have been finding strange though is I'm getting really sharp like stabbing pains in my bits it doesn't last long its like a short burst every now and then. I'm just praying for a BFP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Good luck to everyone else in the 2ww xxxxxxxx
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Just a quickie because i'm supposed to be working. but I had similar types of pain from what i remember... there were dull aches that lasted a few mins but sharp twinges every now and then. So chin up girl!!!! You know we've all got everything crossed for you! xxx

tickled - did the pain feel like it was in your bits lol I'm feeling really funny today I'm trying not to read too much into it cos it could be the weather, hayfever etc. I've had a headache since last night and feel queezy since last night.

ACLIO, I've got everything crossed for you babe. I really hope this is it for you!!

Summer, it's nice to see you! Every time I see that picture of your fur-babies it makes me smile..

I'm doing great, except for having no idea what's going on cycle-wise! Think I'm just going to hang out for a while and see what happens, but the doc did mention provera could be an option if AF doesn't show. My cycles are generally around the 35 - 45 day mark because of my dodgy right ovary, so I'm expecting a bit of a wait :dohh:

Clussy, hope you're well my love :hugs:

Blue, what's the latest on your ET??

Sending lots of love and babydust to everybody else xxxxxxx

tickled - did the pain feel like it was in your bits lol I'm feeling really funny today I'm trying not to read too much into it cos it could be the weather, hayfever etc. I've had a headache since last night and feel queezy since last night.

The dull aches were at the sides but yes, the sharp twinges were right down the middle in my bits lol. Had to cross my legs :haha: xx

Today's the day, Aclio!!! This waiting game is horrible, I think I'm just as nervous as you :hugs: Keep us posted xx

I ended up with severe ohss and had to cancel ET we had to freeze our embies and now we will have to wait until late Sept to do a FET.

MrsJA - You must be excited to be doing a FET real soon - as soon as that annoying af makes her appearance.

Aclio - Fingers crossed for you today.

:hugs: to everyone!

Blue, I'm so sorry about the OHSS. Most important is your health though so please take care of yourself and rest up. Our bodies take such a forced toll through all of this poking, prodding, stimulating, etc..., not to mention our emotions. I hope you recover quick and that the FET comes in the blink of an eye.

Aclio, how exciting that your test day is here! Here's hoping for another :bfp: to round out the positives. Thinking of you!

MrsJA, how you feeling over there?

Summer, hope your body is prepping itself for the FET. The day of the FET will be here before you know it. Hoping for the best for you!

AFM, I spoke w/the Dr. last night and she confirmed that the rest of the Dr's agree to try me on the longer protocol involving Lupron injections which should start late next week, then the gonal f & Menopur injections to be added in about 10 days after that and then most likely an ET around the last week of August or so. Here's hoping....

Hugs to all! Hope you're all gearing for a lovely weekend filled w/positive energy and some spoiling from your DH's! :thumbup:

Hi everyone,
Thanks Mrs JA & Clussy, well my "heavy bleeding" has stopped so I rang the clinic this morning and have my baseline scan booked for tomorrow, yeey!! If the lining is nice and thin I will hopefully be starting off on the oestrogen, here we go again!!
Mrs JA I've just had Provera and it did the trick, AF arrived bang on when they said it would. Keep us posted!

Clussy that's great news that you're moving again so quickly! Keeping everything crossed for you this cycle.

Blue, I'm so sorry your cycle had to be abandoned for now. The same thing happened to me (twice) and I was heartbroken broken. Just when you feel you're almost there they swipe the finishing line out from under your nose!! But things will be moving again for you in no time and in the meantime you can focus on getting yourself better. The one silver lining is the FET cycle is much more easy going on you I think.

Bestest of luck today Aclio!!
xxxx

Bad news for me my hcg is only 2 so its a negative I've got to go back Saturday for another blood test to make sure my level has gone down to 0 :( I've been so upset DH has been my rock x

Oh ACLIO - I am so devastated for you. This is such unfair news. I hope you and your dh take time to comfort one another. My heart is broken for you. The shock must be so upsetting.

:hugs:

Aclio, I'm so very sorry to hear your news. Just reading you relay it to us gave me that pang of sadness which is all too familiar considering this past cycle for me as well. Rest up, let yourself cry as much as you need. If you need to just take yourself to your bed and let out a good scream of injustice, that's perfectly normal and helps release some of the pain and disbelief. I felt numb form the pain of it for a good day and a half and did a bit more crying afterwards as well but once your mind gets going on the next steps, it will help so much w/your feeling that 'void'. You will get past this and your DH and you will grow closer as a result of being such a united front in this whole process.

Thinking of you and hugging you tightly. Please take care and check back in when you feel you're OK about talking about moving forward.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Oh aclio! :hugs: I knew you were testing and after it seemed so positive...
I'm so sorry it didn't work. Xxxxxx

Oh I'm really sorry, Aclio :( I was convinced it has worked when you metioned those symptoms :( :hugs:

Hi girls, I have been kind of lurking on this thread. We are booked to start IVF around October if the IUI doesnt work. Aclio I just want to say so sorry hon, must be devastating, hope you get your bfp soon

ACLIO, so sorry to hear your news honey.
I know there isn't anything we can say to make it better. Nothing can quite prepare you for your first IVF fail.
I'm glad that your DH has been there for you.... I think that is the only thing that does work in this situation.
Sending you a truckload of love and sympathy :hugs::hugs:

Hey girls,

Blue, I'm really sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. Geez, we are not having a good couple of days are we??

How are you feeling love? And what have they told you about how long it takes for the OHSS to subside? I'm really hoping that it's not a hospital situation like it was with Cazd.

Anyway, I'm thinking of you, and looking forward to having you as a FET cycle buddy next month.

Clussy, it's great you get to start Lupron next week. It's always better when there is some action happening! What are your thoughts on doing acupuncture and all of that this cycle? I know I probably sound really cynical, but I'm not going to bother this time! Last cycle I was zero coffee, zero wine as well and I'm thinking I might not bother with that this time either! I haven't quite decided yet...

Summer let us know how you got on with your baseline scan. I am thinking some seriously thin thoughts on behalf of your uterus :) ha ha!

Anyway, hope you're all good and sending lots of love xxx

Oh, good question on the acupuncture! I was hemming and hawing over it for a bit and feeling all 'f'it, it didn't work before and all that money...' but I'm gonna go ahead and keep it in the mix but no longer twice a week. I'm going to be going once a week just to help keep me a pinch relaxed and even if it's for that 'placebo effect' of feeling like I'm proactively doing something that can help solidify things and make a lil one stick to me for a while. :winkwink: I mean, it can't hurt. though, the extra money sure can go to something a lil more tangible like a few pedicures or even savings. DH has said that he's all for anything which I feel will help me feel more centered. I'm going to throw some regular yoga into the mix to help w/a bit of mental balancing as well.

I hadn't stopped having wine or coffee last round but I did cut down so that's my plan this time as well. I'll just have my occasional cuppa and glass so that I'm not severing myself altogether. I figure, my body's going to respond how it wants/can and all I can do is hope and be healthy as I possibly can. I'm going to keep on w/my veggie juicing as that can't hurt either and I'd love a lil bean to marvel at the nutrients it can get in my lovely spa and resort. :haha:

Anywho, excited to get the injections going (crazy as that actually sounds) to get this baby making show on the road! Feeling hopeful, recharged and centered.

Goodness, that was quite a ramble. Can you tell that all it takes is a question or two and I let out all my cycle thoughts/plans? This stuff is quite consuming at times.

How are you doing, MrsJA? Are you doing anything particular for mental health throughout this all? Personal growth activities to help take your mind off of things?

Aclio, I'm so so sorry to read your result. Your DH sounds lovely, look after each other xxxx

Thanks Mrs JA
My scan went well, after lots of umming and aahing they have decided that I will go straight onto next round without down regulating. So I am starting today on max dose of oestrogen and have to go back a week on Monday to see how I'm doing.

Interesting what you said about acupuncture, I have pretty much decided I'm not going to carry on this time. I was kind of just going for the placebo effect if nothing else but because I'm not seeing any results I think the placebo effect is even wearing off! I think I will use the money for a nice massage instead!

Yeey for starting on the injections Clussy, that's great news.

How are you doing Mrs JA?
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"