Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

Hey Summer,

I'm OK preparing myself to start this whole nightmare again at the end of August :)

Scared, nervous, aprehensive, excited but negative all at same time! lol New protocol for me, diff drugs so more unknowns as to how I'll react to these. i pray i get a good response this time.

Only time will tell! Just paid out for the treatment £4k ouch! gota pay for drugs at end of month ready to start.

I shall keep an eye out and see how you do summer, I hope it works, babies can come from all sorts of diff grade embies so try not to fret too much. Just because you have a grade 1 embie doesn't mean it will work either, it's a lottery!! :hugs:

Hi All

MrsJA your weekend sounds heavenly, you do absolutely right, do all those lovely things while you still can!!

Crikey, can’t imagine the second week getting any worse!! I’ve been forcing myself to stop the symptom googling. I can end up on there all day left to my own devices!

MummyIwanabe, thanks hun, wishing you the bestest of luck for this coming cycle. You so deserve it to work out. That’s good that they’re amending your protocol, shows that they’re really thinking things through. £4K, ouch!! If this frozen cycle doesn’t work then it will be time for us to get out our wallets, and with the doses of drugs I’m on I dread to imagine the bill!!

Summer - I know exactly what you mean about the googling, LOL! Don't do it!!

Actually, while we're on it - do you have any interesting symptoms to share with us? Go on, we won't call you a nut! :)

PS - also, what date is your blood test scheduled?

Mummyiwanabe, welcome! Are you doing a fresh or a frozen cycle this time?

All good with me girls, onto day 3 of provera now and hoping like crazy that the witch flies in soon!

xxxxx

I'm on a fresh cycle again starting end of august. So we might be doing a ET same ish time maybe!

Hey Hey!
Honestly, literally aaaall morning I've just been reading story after story of symptoms and BFPs and BFNs, someone shoot me!!
Well, now you come to mention it.... haha!! Ok, just humour me for a while!! I do have a funny sensation in my down below bits, I would say like half way between my lady bits and belly button, it got like progressively "heavier" last night and today I am still aware of it. Now I'm fairly certain that it's because all I can do it focus on my lady bits right now, oh that's and the little fact of progesterone injections, but hey a girl can dream and fantasise for a few days can't she?!!
They don't do blood tests at my clinic, I just have to ring in next Friday with the results of a HPT.
Woohoo MrsJA!! AF will be here in no time and you will be back amongst the madness!!
xxxx

Hello ladies!!! Just checking on you.....yeah things are moving forward for you! Summer..awesome news...hang in there, stay positive and busy..2ww will go by faster...I also tried to not look up every symptom---yeah right that didn't happen..lololol! MrsJA & Clussy....so excited to follow you girls on your next cycle....I know this is it for you..lots of bay dust for a sticky bean!! And welcome Isi...this is a great thread with lots of support! Thinking of you ladies..lots of love! xoxo

Hello Dear Chickies!

How's everyone holding up?

Summer, in my mind, I'm convinced you're preggers so you'll likely need to start thinking of names soon. That's odd that your clinic doesn't do blood tests. I'd never heard of that. Are you going to hold out till test day to actually POAS? Thinking of you!

Lola! Good to hear from you again and thanks for the good vibes! I'm feeling mostly good about this cycle and am feeling like I'm in a good place to put it in the hands of the powers that be and just hope for the best.

Mummy, I hear ya on gearing up. I'm also doing another fresh cycle this time since there were no embies that made it to freezing last time. This time I plan on having an excess of 37 embies to freeze for our future use and to give away to other couples at Christmas time. :happydance: Ok, 37 is a bit much but I'm sure as heck hoping for some totsicles so that we can breathe a sigh of relief, just in case.

MrsJA, I'm going to light a candle for your AF to come already. :thumbup: I can only imagine the daily check for her to show signs. I've just finished mine up and today was my baseline so here we go. I should get a call soon w/the results. Hopefully all was well and they give me the thumbs up to start the stimming on Friday as planned.

Also, quick question, what's PMA stand for? I've never heard that acronym before in these threads. I did not get the memo? :blush:

So, to find some humor in all this IVF business, I'm blogging about it. Trying to find light in some of the more annoying elements. In the end, it will absolutely be worth every minute of it but mornings like this morning at the clinic made me just slap my forehead and pray for the will to get through this w/most of my sanity intact.
My (currently infertility struggles) Blog - https://clussy.blogspot.com/

Hugs for all! :hugs:

Morning girls,

Summer, put down the BFP stories! ha ha! Only kidding...I do that when I'm in the 2WW wait, non-stop, so I am hardly one to talk! I think it really can't be helped!
Your symptoms sound promising honey, and I so hope that they end in a BFP!

Clussy, LOL about making lots of embies to give away at Christmas time! Of course only your infertile friends (ie us) would appreciate them in the true Christmas spirit in which they were given. ha ha! :)

I'm looking forward to reading your blog - I have sent the link to work so I can read it when I get there. What you said about the lighter side reminded me of something else I saw recently...

https://www.999reasonstolaugh.com/

I literally cried with laughter several time reading this.

PS - PMA, stands for positive mental attitude, my love :)
Write back and let us know what the clinic says!

Lola, thanks for popping in to say hi - hope it's all going well!

Mummyiwanabe, looks like it will be you, me and Clussy all around the same time. Wishing you every bit of luck this cycle:hugs:

xxxx

Oh my stars! MrsJA, That site is hilarious! I laughed at the first one and SO can relate!
"But serious, Fertility God/Mother Nature, infertility is making us weird. We spend too many hours staring at the toilet paper, charting our basal temperature, googling our fake pregnancy symptoms and crying at baby showers. We use words like “ovulation” and “cervical mucus” like they are apart of normal conversation."
HA!!!!! that's too amazing! This bad boy is getting bookmarked and checked regularly for humorous updates to help me in the battle of making light of the all too serious elephant in the room. :haha: Thanks for sharing!

So, I got the magical call from the clinic giving me the thumbs up for getting this show on the road and it was great news concerning my follicles. Turns out, I have 12 follicles in one ovary already and 15 in the other. Last time, at baseline, I had 5 on one side and 6 on the other. So, looks like my body's all 'let's do this!'. I start stimming on Friday evening, so here goes nothing!

Hugs and cheap laughs for all! :hugs:

Just a quickie because I'm at work but great news about those follies, Clussy!!!!! :happydance:

Thanks Tickled! I'm pretty pumped about this revving start that my body is taking off with. There's no messing around this time. First time was the dress rehearsal. This time, I'm ready for an Oscar... er, a baby. :winkwink:

Clussy, yayyyyyyy for your follies. :happydance:

This all bodes VERY well. I have a good feeling about you, me and mummyiwanabe this cycle :)

PS, Summer, what's the latest on crazywatch??? Thinking of you lady :hugs::hugs:

Hello Lovelys

Clussy, fantastic news on the follies!! That all bodes very well doesn't it!

Mummy, thanks so much for that link, they are hilarious and have totally brightened my day!!

Well the latest on the fantastical, make believe symptom spotting is.... I went to the toilet and i sweeeear there was the tiniest spot of pink, now whether I just made myself bleed from poking around too much is debatable.
Other than that just feeling very bloated, but again this could be down to the fact that I am a greedy cow and can't stop eating!!

How's everyone else doing today??
xx

OMG Summer, I know this probably makes me as crazy as you, but I am sooo excited about your tiny spot of pink!!

It is the sign all us LTTTC'ers dream of!

Hurrah for your bloating too!

I know I was only briefly, briefly pregnant last cycle, but I was super bloated too. (Although I probably fall into the greedy cow category also and was certainly eating a LOT of food! ha ha...)

Clussy, you must be starting stims tonight!
Jeez, in some ways it's felt like this cycle has taken forever, but now we are all here again, it's happening so fast!

Day 5 on the provera for me today. Please AF make an appearance soon!

Hope you guys all have a great weekend :hugs:

Hi Girls!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend. We took ourselves off camping, it was lovely to escape for a bit.

Haha, thanks MrsJA! I a l am most proud of my teeny tiny spotting!!
So how are you getting on?? Has AF reared her ugly head yet??
Hope all is going will with the stims Clussy!!
Hope everyone else is well
xxxx

Hey Summer,

The weekend away sounds great! Probably just what you need at this point to take your mind off the wait hey? Remind me what day you are testing??

As for me, no sign of AF yet I'm afraid. It's day 48 and I'm going out of mind! The provera made me a little moody and I'm guessing now that I'm done with the provera, I just have flat out PMS (or at least I HOPE that's what it is!) I am sooooo grumpy! And a wee bit teary on occasion too. You girls know how it is - I wish she would just hurry up and show!

How's everybody else doing? Clussy are the stims going OK? Ticked, hope you're well.

Sending lots of love and babydust to all :hugs:

Hi there Chickies!

Summer, ah, camping! That sounds wonderful and good for your spirit! 4 more days! Oh thank goodness. It sounds like you're treating yourself very well in the meantime so I'm sure the embies appreciate a happy home.

MrsJA, I can't believe that there's still no sight of AF! Goodness, I can only imagine what the added hormones, anticipation and frustration cocktail are doing to you. Hold tight Lady, it's coming and you'll be on your way to having your grand uterine resort host a sweet lil emby for many months. I hear ya on the moodiness though. It's so tough to keep a grip on. For me, I usually let my tension out through some hard runs or spinning but now that I'm stimming again, I'm trying not to over do it, so I need another outlet. Maybe I'll take up 'yell therapy'.

AFM, I'm doing great so far w/the stimming. I'm still doing Lupron injections in the morning and the GonalF and Menopur in the evenings. I went in for bloodwork this morning just to make sure my estrogen is where it needs to be so I'll likely get a call in a few hours letting me know all's well and to keep on keeping on. by this time next week, I'll either be at the clinic for ER or be taking the trigger shot. Goodness, this is moving quite fast now. Feeling good! update: Nurse just called and let me know that my estrogen is at 196 so right where it needs to be.

Mummy, hope you're doing well and gearing up for a strong cycle!

Tickled, sending you soothing vibes, you're just a few weeks away from being out of your 1st trimester!

Hugs and love to all! :hugs: :kiss:

Hi ladies!!

My official test date is Friday, but not sure if I'm strong enough to hold out til then!!

MrsJA, any sign of AF yet?? I was very moody on the provera too. Blimey, the things we have to go through! Hope you're doing ok.

Clussy, fantastic news! Can't believe how quickly things are moving for you!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"