Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

Summer, 12 tests!!! LOL You beat me by far! Have a great holiday and see you soon!

Great news to hear things are finally moving for you MrsJA!! What happens now?

Good luck tomorrow Clussy!!!! xxx

My SIL has FET tomorrow... Fifth attempt. Hope to God it works this time as she and my brother seem to be avoiding me and hubby like the plague. I've had one message off Facebook from her but haven't spoken to her since July 7th :(

Apart from that I'm doing ok... bloated, back ache, insomnia, MS... only a couple of weeks to go until we reach the 12 week safety mark.

Shoot, breaks over again! Sorry to those I have mentioned but hugs to all !!!!!

Tickled it's lovely to see you - thanks for popping in!! So glad you are nearly at the 12 week mark, it's really great to see you reach that milestone :hugs:

And I'll cross my fingers for your poor SIL too, that must be super tough. Keep us posted with you both :)

Clussy, how did you go with your ET today honey??

Blue, Summer, Mummyiwanabe - hope you guys are good!

AF finally left the building today - woo hoo! :happydance: Grow little lining, grow!

xxx

Hi Sweet Ladies!

So, egg hunt was this morning and they got 17 eggies. Here's hoping that about 12 or so were mature and that, oh, 10 maybe fertilize. That's my hope so we shall see what happens.

MrsJA, score! So happy that AF is done and you are on your way. I've got some good vibes floating around you so me thinks you're going to be sharing some good news here soon.

Summer, how you feeling, Darling?

Mummy, hoping AF makes her visit short and sweet. Looking forward to hearing good news from you.

Tickled! So happy to see you come around. 12 week mark being right around the corner is awesome! We can use all the good luck charms we can get around here!

Isi, hope all's well over there w/you and that your wonderful temple is gearing up for goodness!

Much love to all! :hugs: :thumbup:

Congrats Clussy - that is fabulous news!!! fxd for continued good news for you!

MrsJA - af is gone!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs:

I am waiting for mine ........ such suspense - I am feeling a bit panicked that she makes her appearance before work/school starts again!

No :witch: this morning :( argh! She always arrives on time pretty much. Going to wait and see if she shows by lunch but usually she's always here when I wake. Will have to call clinic I guess and see if I have to put scan back from tomorrow to another day.

Hi lovely ladies!

MrsJA, that is awesome that AF has finally gone. So, let the partyyyyy begin :happydance:.. Good luck sweetie.

That sounds awesome, Clussy. 17 eggs is GREAT! Wishing you all the best in your FET!!

As for me, it's been a bit of a roller coaster. My DH and I are really struggling to fit in this IVF with our other big costs this year (his MBA, our buying a house). I get some lump money at the end of the year but was really hoping to start earlier. Working on, and praying about, it and hoping we can get started by October. I'm going to check out another FS on Friday (who came very highly recommended by some friends). I haven't committed to the FS I saw last month, so I can then compare them both and determine which one works better for me.

Clussy, 17 eggs!! That is brilliant honey! Are you feeling sore, or not too bad?
And remind me how many you got last time? I think it was 11 wasn't it? So, it looks like the long protocol is a winner!
When is your ET?
Soooooo exciting!:hugs:

Mummiwanabe, I wish my :witch: would turn up on schedule like yours does! What scan are you doing? I thought you'd be waiting until after AF to do a baseline?

Isi, I think you're doing the right thing shopping around for an FS. I haven't been that happy with mine, and I've already decided if we don't get pregnant with either of our two frosties, I am going to change clinics. I know what you mean about the cost too, it's really difficult. If you have to wait a bit do you think you'll try another IUI?

I'm just ticking along girls, waiting for my scan on Monday. I was saying earlier today that I have done NONE of the things this cycle that I did last cycle. Last time I did the acupuncture, organic food, no coffee, no booze, took time off etc. I thought I might start some of that again this week, but I somehow can't be bothered! Is that bad, or have you guys done that this time round too???

Anyway, sending lots of love and babydust xxxx

Thanks MrsJA. We won't be bothering with IUI as our chances aren't great with even that, thanks to my 1-tube situation. I'll just keep hoping and praying October can happen.

Hey MrsJA I am exactly the same this time!!

We haven't avoided caffeine, alcohol, bad food, etc etc in fact we had a bottle of wine between the two of us last night lol my FS said most babies are conceived through alcohol! :rofl:

I'm far more relaxed this time and I think and tell myself, others conceive naturally and don't bother with anything, I'm going to be normal, not worry about it and just get on with it :)

I think my scan was supposed to be on day 2 to check lining maybe? then I think I start drugs on day 3. It's a short protocol. But I'm on day 30 and no sign of her yet so will have to see when clinic want me to go in now.

xxx

Great news on AF, MrsJA! After the scan on Monday, what comes next for you??

Brilliant news on those eggs, Clussy!! I had 17 eggs, but only 12 were mature. Lucky for us all 12 fertilised but only 6 were a grade 2, the rest were 3 and 4 so we couldn't freeze them. When will you get the results?

Mummyiwanabe, I hope AF shows up for you soon!

Just had my mum call me about my SIL... bad news :( Apparently they were due to have ET yesterday but the eggs didn't thaw out properly, that's why they were going today to try with more eggs. But again, they didn't thaw out properly and now they have no more eggs :( So they've got to start all over again. My heart really goes out to her... I feel guilty for getting pregnant first time when they've just failed their fifth :(

Thanks for the congrats and crossing of fingers for me, Ladies! I'll take all the good vibes around me that I can get to lure embabies to stick around.

Tickled, so sorry to hear about your SIL. No need to feel guilty though unless you're rubbing it in your face which I'm sure you're not. Appreciate your luck and blessing and just offer her up some support and encouragement where you can.

Well, got the fertilization report call and it turns out that of the 17 eggies, 12 of them fertilized normally, so now it's the waiting game till Friday to see how they come along. Come on, embabies! grow grow grow!

Blue, here's hoping AF makes her appearance quickly and you can get this show on the road already.

Mummy, has AF come around by now?

MrsJA, last time, they fished out 12 eggies and 9 of them fertilized so I'm up by 3 this time. I'm feeling really well actually. no cramping today and just comfortable. I'm working from home today though so sweats are my uniform.:haha: Looks like my transfer is on Sunday so till then, I'm just enjoying some coffee, trying to keep up the positive vibes and pray on it. I have been less anal about what I've done to prep this time around as well. I'm still doing acupuncture but just once a week as opposed to twice (oof, that was expensive!) and I'm juicing here and there but not religiously. I'm trying to eat well in general (but we usually do anyways since we're both kinda health nuts) but also letting myself have treats when I want them. I feel like I'm doing all I can but not obsessing this time. Hopefully that makes for lower blood pressure, more cush uterus for embies and just all in all peace in life. I'm right there w/ya Sista. :thumbup:

Isi, I can certainly commiserate w/the budget concerns. We had to scrape up our savings to make this happen. Such a financially painful gamble but here's hoping we all come out of it w/a baby in arms and no regrets. Good luck at your appointment w/new FS on Friday! Btw, I'm right there w/ya on having one tube to work with. My left tube was removed due to an ectopic last September. Thank goodness for IVF to work around it.

Much love and hugs to all! :hugs: :dust::flower:

good news clussy, hope the embies grow well :)

No AF for me yet! Geez I hope she makes her appearance tomorrow morning. *sigh*

xxx

Great news, Clussy! Keeping everything crossed that you get your :bfp: this time :D

Thanks Clussy!! By God's grace, these financial sacrifices will not be in vain. Wow....awesome that 12 of your eggs fertilised :thumbup:. How many will you be transferring? Wishing you all the very very best!!

Please don't feel guilty about your SIL, Tickled. Everyone is different. I'm sure their time will come soon. Happy 10 weeks btw :flower:

MrsJA....how are you getting ready for next week? I'm super excited for you hun :happydance:

Hope she shows up soon, MummyIwannabe. Good luck with this round of ICSI!!

As for me, I'm looking forward to seeing the FS tomorrow. To be honest, I have a feeling I'll be going with them, as against the FS I saw a month ago.....but we'll see.

Hi ladies!!

Clussy, what day are you doing your ET this cycle? Must be close now hey? You had such a great fertilisation result too - I hope your embabies are all dividing and multiplying like crazy!

Mummy, how did the scan go? And what drugs have they got you on at this point? I'm not sure how the short protocol works and whether you'd be stimming now, or doing something else?

Isi, let us know how you got on with your FS! And fair enough about not wanting to do another round of IUI if it's not likely to work. Let's hope the road to IVF is smooth for you and that it all works out financially :hugs:

Tickled, that sucks about your SIL, sorry hon. I hope you and the little one are feeling well though!

Only a couple more days til my baseline scan, so I'm looking forward to hearing about what my uterus is up to!! What's a good thickness for pre-transfer? I am going to have a bit of a hunt around for this online!

Summer, sending love to you and the bean too!

Hope you guys all have a great weekend!! xxx

Thanks ladies. Just got back from the new FS, and I've decided to go with them. Will be starting our medical assessment in 2 weeks....and then hopefully start down regging by October. If all goes well, I should have FET by the end of October or early November. The great thing about this FS is that there is no additional charge for ICSI....unlike the other FS I visited.

Did any of you lovely ladies have any blasties?

Hi Chickies,

Just a quick check in and update on the 3 day fert report that they called me with today:
  • 1 is at 12 cells
  • 1 is at 9
  • 8 are at 8 cells
  • 1 is at 7

So, it's looking pretty good so far. ET will be on Sunday morning and we'll see if we have some blasts then.

Isi, I had a few blasts last time and they transferred 2 of them but unfortunately the rest didn't make it to freeze. So happy to hear that you found a new FS that you feel more confidence with. that's huge!

MrsJA, yay for being so close to your baseline scan. Good question on thickness. I can't remember what mine was at.

Alright ladies, have a wonderful weekend!

:hugs::hugs:

Thanks Mummyiwanabe... I don't know how she does it. I don't know if I could do it 5 five times. She's got a lot of hope and determination. Any news on AF??

Thanks Isi, almost 11 weeks now... 9 days to go. I still haven't spoken to her... I'll just keep checking in with my mum to see how she's doing because I'm probably the last person she wants to talk to. Glad you've got a FS sorted! At least you know things will soon be starting.

Thanks MrsJA. Wow, a lot of thank you's here lol. Not feeling too bad... a little uncomfortable with being so bloated and the MS seems to be at its worst. Apart from that, just fine :) Good luck with your baseline scan! I'm just trying to remember what mine was... might have to read back and have a look.

Clussy, is ET today??? Hope everything goes smoothly!! *hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->