Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

Hmmm I have to suck the liquid into the syringe then push it into the vile and suck it back up the needle...

I am feeling rough on this menopur. Don't know why but I feel worse at the moment than last time on gonal f. Feel sicky and weird.

doh!!!

Hi girls!

I'm so glad you are joining me on the happiness and positivity wagon - it's the way forward, I'm sure of it :)

SO, I am officially pupo my friends!!! The thaw went really well - I was worried we might lose one (we had two frozen) but it was all fine, so we still have one frostie on ice. The embie we implanted today was 4 cells when frozen.. they started the de-thaw in the afternoon yesterday and this morning it was a 9 cell!

I'm just waiting for a call now to see whether my progesterone levels are OK, but other than that it's all happy days :happydance:

Mummy, the menopur sounds crap. :( Hope you get a good first scan tomorrow to make it all worthwhile.

Blue, I hope my thaw story gives you some encouragement. Not long now for yours!

Clussy, Isi and tickled - thanks again for your kind words, I hope you guys are good xxxxx

That is wonderful news, Mrs JA :hugs:. So very happy for you!! :yipee: for being PUPO. Wishing you a really really quick 2ww :hugs:

Yay for AF, Blue!!! Do you know when you'll be having FET?

WOOHOO! :happydance: Congrats on being PUPO, MrsJA!!! Got everything crossed for you!!!!

Congrats MrsJA! Sounds wonderful that they defrosted just fine! Gives me hope for my 2 frosties I have in the lab as well, for future use. :happydance:
How are you feeling? I'm absolutely the same way about feeling more excited and optimistic this time. To heck w/trying to stay so pragmatic and preparing for the worse. I want to prepare for the best and already feel love and excitement. Cheers to looking on the bright side and staying there, sweet Lady!

AFM, I'm at 4dpt and am feeling good, albeit a bit stopped up due to the lovely progesterone. Aside from that, i'm happy, healthy and hopeful. I feel like time is going by more quickly this time around and I'm not nearly as anxious. If this is meant to be my time then it will happen. I've done everything in my power to stay peaceful, healthy and willing to be a home to my sweet embies. I've been talking to them every night to let them know that we're all in love with them already and hoping they decide to join the family. Only time tells at this point but it certainly feels like I'm bringing a life into this world already.

Blue, when are you up for your ET? Assuming in a couple of weeks? :happydance:

Mummy, sorry you're having such a rough time w/the Menopur. I also had to mix my gonal f w/the menopur each evening. Not a huge deal but yeah, an additional step to it and you start feeling like a chemist at home. I guess it just takes a bit for your body to adjust to the changes. I'm sure it will pass soon though. Hold tight!

Sending you all love and positive vibes. :hugs::hugs::flower::hugs:

MrsJA - congrats on your wonderful transfer today - and wonderful defrosting!!! You are PUPO!!! I hope I have success like you!

Clussy - Glad to hear that you are feeling so positive and happy. What a wonderful feeling. I love that you talk to them. I am crazy sometimes I "talk" to my embies that are frozen at the clinic 1 hour from my house lmao.

Isi - not too long now hun till you have your appt!

Mummy - hope the stimming is going well. When is your next scan?

Tickled - Can't believe how fast time is going - you are almost in 2nd tri!!!

My FET should be around Sept 19th I am thinking - sept 1st cd1 - I usually ov around cd16 and am guessing I would have the transfer 3 days later. My bday is sept 20 so kind of crazy.

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies, you are the best! :hugs:

Clussy, it's great to hear you sounding so relaxed and positive about this cycle. I haven't tried talking to my snowbaby yet, but I have been very optimistically rubbing my stomach in the shower - do you think this makes me a bit unhinged? LOL!

Blue - wow, not long to go now! It will be here before you know it! I take it from what you said that you're doing an unmedicated FET?

Mummy, how did you get on with the scan today?

Isi and Tickled, sending lots of love. What are you guys up to this weekend?

Lots of love and babydust xxx

Wow, you're my brother's birthday mate, Blue :hugs:. It would be such a perfect birthday gift for you, wouldn't it :flower:

Good luck in the 2ww Mrs JA and Clussy :hugs:

My DH and I have a packed weekend ahead.....family wedding tomorrow, followed by a fashion show. So hoping that way, time goes by even quicker and I'm even closer to my IVF assessment. Can't wait to join you guys!!!

Hi ladies,

scan went ok, 6 follicles on each. Biggest 19mm, others between 12-10mm all about the same and the same on both sides. Got to go for another on Monday and possible EC weds or fri.

Just hope there's some eggies in there but for now it went ok :)

Lots of love to all you lovely ladies xxx

Hi Everyone,
Wow so much news!!

Blue, fantastic that AF showed up!!! Not long now til you're back on the crazy rollercoaster!!

Mummy, fantastic scan results!! You must be so pleased, can't believe how fast it's all moving for you. How does that compare to last time?

Clussy, congrats on being PUPO!!!!! And what fab news on your frosties. Keep looking after yourself and can't wait to hear how you get on.

Isi, best of luck for your meeting next week, looking forward to hearing your plan of action. And have a fab weekend!!

MrsJA!! Woo hoooo Congrats on your PUPOdness!! That is awesome news. So glad things went so well and wow what an awesome thawing result! What strong little fighters you have!!

Tickled, hope all is ok with you, and what another lovely bride we have amongst us, careful or I shall be whipping out my wedding photos next!!

AFM, had a rather terrifying day yesterday, when I woke up in the morning there was some blood when I wiped, I had started spotting. As I am at high risk of an ectopic pregnancy I was told if I had any spotting or pain on one side I had to ring the clinic which I did and they asked me to go down for a scan that morning.
I had to wait for an hour in the waiting room and I ended up virtually having a breakdown, I was just convinced it was game over. Aaaanyway, what a turn around, my doc did a scan and found a perfectly placed little baby and we even saw the heartbeat already!! I am still in shock as good news just doesn't happen to us!!
So I am trying my best now to get on with just enjoying this pregnancy I have desperately wanted for so long rather than just worrying 24/7!
xx

Phew....you gave me a scare for a moment, Summer. So glad your baby is doing fine and well. And a heartbeat.....how awesome!!!! Congrats again hun :hugs:. At least you can relax and enjoy it now.

Mummy, sounds like you're coming along w/the lovely follies! Just a bit longer and you'll be PUPO. Here's hoping you're feeling good and are letting yourself enjoy other simple pleasures along the way.

MrsJA, at this point, it feels like we're trying to let them feel loved and wanted so that they stick around. I rub my tummy too and try to radiate a lil extra eat/energy so that they feel it. :hugs: When's your test date?

Isi, have a wonderful fun-packed weekend! Enjoy a nice lil cocktail while you can. :winkwink:

Blue, just a couple more weeks for you. So excited for you.

Summer, so sorry about your scare but thrilled that it turned out that all's fine. Awww, you got to see the heartbeat! How surreal! Here's hoping you have no more real scares and can relax and enjoy as your belly swells and the time grows closer. :hugs:

Evening lovely girls,

Mummy, it sounds like everything is moving along perfectly! Can't wait to hear how the scan goes on Monday and when you'll be scheduled for your EC!

Summer, you must have had a terrible scare, you poor love! After all we go through being long-term TTC, I think a loss of pregnancy is something we all worry about, right the way through first trimester. I'm so glad everything turned out OK and that you and the bean are in good health.:hugs:

Isi, your weekend sounds fun!! Hope you have a great time at the wedding and fashion show and kick up your heels a bit! Have a drink on behalf of all the 2WW'ers!

Clussy, my test date is the 16th, how about you? Are you planning to POAS early or be a good girl and wait? Also let me know if you have any interesting symptoms!

All quiet at my end. Just enjoying the weekend and trying not to obsess too much about the 2WW. It's only the beginning! :dohh:

Lots of love and babydust to you all xxxx

Blue... any news? CD1 yet?

Clussy, how are you feeling?

How are you feeling MrsJA? Not doing anything this weekend, which makes a change as we're usually busy doing something, seeing friends or going somewhere. Going to be a lazy bum this weekend lol.

Hope you had a great time at the wedding, Isi. And the fashion show sounds like fun!

Good lucky with your scan on Monday, Mummyiwanabe!

Thanks, Summer! It's our first wedding anniversary 19th September, so I'm getting a little sentimental lol. How are you feeling? I'm sorry to hear about your scare the other day. I know how terrifying that can be. I had to wait five days before the clinic would scan me after my bleed. The longest five days ever...

Not sure if I have a UTI, so it might mean a visit to the docs on Monday. Not all bad news though, we bought an Angel Doppler and managed to find LO's heartbeat this morning! 12 week scan Tuesday, so we will finally get an EDD. And assuming everything is ok, we can finally tell everyone!!

Thanks girlies! Feeling bit down today, bit teary and just feel blah!

Glad you're doing ok summer, phew! I read too much about all this spotting and it worries the hell out of me for all us girlies! Glad you're ok and got to see the heartbeat! Amazing! :)

Hi ladies - I need your help - please.

So bloods and scan show that my body is ready for FET, but then clinic tells me they prefer to take a biopsy of my lining on cd21 and do FET the next month - supposedly it increases chances as it aids implantation - they said it "wakes up" the lining. They said it is my choice if I want to do FET this month instead and not do the biopsy.

Have any of you heard of this biopsy thing? Dh and I are thinking we want to go ahead without the biopsy - but hate to think we are "reducing" our chances.

xo to all!

Evening girls!

Blue, how annoying - the last thing you need is another decision to make, especially when you are so close!

I did a little research on this just now and it seems that most doctors only perform this procedure if there has been a previous IVF or FET failure, or more commonly multiple failures. They do it to rule out a luteal phase defect or lack of a particular protein.

But it does look like the research supports an increased success rate with transfers after this procedure is done.. I couldn't find what the % was in my brief flick through but would love to know. It says that causing a slight injury to the uterus before transfer has some sort of positive effect.

What I want to know, is if that's the case why don't all IVF doctors do this for every patient??

I would ask your doctor what your % of success will be if you do this, vs if you don't, so you can make an informed decision. If they are offering this treatment at your clinic, they must be collecting data on whether it works or not.

Given your particular situation, with having just the 2 frosties and how much you've paid, maybe it would be better to wait and do the biopsy. But only if your clinic can show you some data to support it. It sounds good, but I'm a little skeptical, mainly just because this seems quite an uncommon practice.

Good luck honey :hugs::hugs:

Scan went well, EC on weds. Got 8 follicles at the right size, 2 over the right size and 2 under so pretty happy with that. Fingers crossed.

Scared about EC though, last time they didn't put me out enough so gona be mentioning that this time!!!

Blue - I've never had this done and not heard about it. Hard decision, go with your gut instinct :)

PS - Mummy, sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish. I was terrible on the stims as well... so emotional :(
How did today's scan go??

Tickled, I hope your UTI clears up, if that's what it is. They are no fun, and I'm sure much worse if you are pg!

Clussy, Isi and Summer, hope you guys are good!

All's good with me except that I am really quite tired, which might be a side effect of the progesterone I guess. Oh, and the BOOBS arrived today. That'll be the progesterone too I suppose. (God I hope it's actually because I'm pregnant though.... please, please, please...!)

Lots of love ladies xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"