Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

Blue, if it ups your chances, I think maybe you should do the biopsy. Just so that you'll be able to say you've done everything. Wishing you all the very best!!

Oooo, the BOOOBS have arrived, Mrs JA :winkwink:. I am so so so praying for you and wishing you fantastic news come September the 16th :hugs:

Sorry about the UTI, Tickled. That doesn't sound like fun at all. But so awesome about the heartbeat :happydance:.

Clussy....thinking of you!!! You test this weekend, right? Wishing you all the very best of luck, hun!!

That's wonderful news, Mummy!!! So happy for you. Good luck with the EC!!!

Ladies, quick vain question from me :blush:. Did the injections make you put on any weight? I'm finally making progress with shifting these stubborn 10 pounds, and am so scared of ballooning again. Silly, I know.

I put on weight, not sure how much but without a doubt the fluid etc does add a few pounds!

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been *trying* to keep my mind off this 2WW but yeah, that didn't work all that well.

Mummy, sounds like your follies have progressed quite well. It's going to happen so fast now! Well, except for the wait afterwards. :dohh: Try to relax and keep positive. I know it's difficult but the best you can do is keeping your energy positive.

Blue, never heard about that process but sounds like it could help the matter? So just one more month for you, right?

MrsJA, yeah, the boobs are always the doozies for me. They get swollen and sooo sensitive. My poor DH is so excited by their size yet touching them is off limits. :haha: The only symtoms I feel are, like you, tiredness (I've been sleeping a ton!) and sore BB's. I did have some cramping in the past few days but it was more towards my sides, closer to ovaries so that got me paranoid.

So I have to confess, after having very vivid dreams about testing and beta results, I went ahead and did a POAS test this morning. I went into it cautiously, knowing that I'd be searching hard for that extra line to tell me that I was pregnant. I peed, I waited, and only one line, grumbled a lil bit. I waited a few more minutes and... hellloooo second line! :happydance: At first it was faint and now it's a solid second line. So, for now, I'm going to hope for the best and hope that all of this was leading up to this (hopefully) healthy pregnancy. Now the wait is to see if there's a healthy beta or not. After having gone through 2 previous ectopics, I'm cautious enough to not celebrate quite yet.

Tickled, I've had too many UTI's to count and I know how very uncomfortable they can be. Hope yours clears up, stat and that you keep on with your wonderful healthy pregnancy. :thumbup:

Tomorrow's my beta so, I'm just hoping the number is out of the scary range. :shhh:

Much love and positive vibes to you Chickies! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I TOTALLY LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!! Congrats Clussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're not going to celebrate yet, I'll be doing just that on your behalf. So glad you get to get your beta tomorrow. I'm sure your numbers will be awesome.

Gosh, I am so excited.....and hoping the good karma from this thread will rub on me.

Clussy that is great news! Can't wait for you for your beta to put your mind at ease.

MrsJA - I will be praying for you that the sore (.)(.) are due to being pg!!!

Mummy - your scan sounds like everything is going really well for you!!!

Me - I found the same research about the biopsy on the internet. My clinic I think is collecting data about it - they said they don't have enough results to tell me that it is something that I must do - but in the small amount they have done it has proved more successful. They said usually in the past clinics do it after multiple failed ivfs/fets - which a friend of mine is having done now. MY BIG QUESTION is - why didn't they do this before the fresh cycle? That makes me very skeptical. DH and I are thinking that we might go ahead without the biopsy - but if the fet doesn't work then we will request the biopsy for our next fresh cycle. Ugh big decision.

Hello ladies, I read this thread as we are starting IVF fairly soon.
Good luck to all of you and sounds like lots of BFPs :happydance:

Blue- I just wanted to comment that a friend of mine is going through IVF in Toronto and they strongly recommended that test to her. Anyway, its a bit of an ordeal (you have to be on meds and monitored and you loose a cycle ttc) but she had the test and it came back mild endo.
ANyway, they now have to "dry her out for 2 months" so to speak and put her through menapause and then do the IVF, so its quite the process.
here is the link she gave me:
https://info.med.yale.edu/obgyn/kliman/infertility/dx/diagwelcome.html

my FS never heard of it in Calgary when I asked him lol...and so of course we wont be going that route. Might give her a better chance??

good luck to you...sounds like if you have it done it will delay you 3-4 months if you need treatment

:hugs:

Britt11 - Thanks for the info. It must be something a bit different - because they want to do this the cycle right before the treatment. I have already had a laparoscopy to diagnose many problems. They were going to do this - just to aid implantation - not as a test to find problems. It seems like this is a very very very new thing to do.

Britt11 - Thanks for the info. It must be something a bit different - because they want to do this the cycle right before the treatment. I have already had a laparoscopy to diagnose many problems. They were going to do this - just to aid implantation - not as a test to find problems. It seems like this is a very very very new thing to do.

oh very cool then, let us know if you go through with it. I would be curious as I wonder if implantation is part of our problem.

good luck:thumbup: :baby:

On my break so it's another quick post but just wanted to say....

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO! :happydance: CONGRATS Clussy!!!!!!! :yipee: :wohoo: Sounds like we have another :bfp: here!!!!!!!!!! Soooooooooo pleased for you!!!!! :hugs:

Thanks for all the congrats! I definitely don't feel at all safe enough to celebrate this :bfp: even just a little bit. Isn't it a pain what all the bouts w/IF do to us in that we can't even celebrate little victories like this? I'm too scared that I'm going to get knocked back down if I let myself get excited. :dohh: IF blows! In the meantime, I'm just going to stay positive and hope that numbers prove a healthy, lasting pregnancy. I'm gonna talk w/the Big Guy tonight and pray that he watches over these lil grains of salt till they're tough enough to hold their own.

Britt, good luck on your October IVF cycle! The IVF is not as bad as it seems, it's just the wait and uncertainty that get'cha. :wacko:

Blue, I'm thinking of you and hoping all goes well w/your FET. Sounds like you're making an educated decision here.

Isi, THANK YOU for such enthusiasm. That warmed my overly cautious heart. You are such a sweetheart

Thanks Tickled! Again, I'm cautious but loving all the positive vibes here!

MrsJA, how ya doing under there? Just 9-10 more days till your test date. You think you'll hold tight till the official test date? Hope you had a wonderfully relaxing weekend!

Love and hugs to all! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Clussy OMG, OMG, OMG!! :happydance::dance::yipee::headspin::wohoo:

I am sooooooo happy for you honey!!

I've had a word with the Big Guy for you and he assures me that your little grains of salt are hanging on tight.

I can't wait to hear how your beta goes, here's hoping for a nice high number!

Congrats again babe, it's such great news :hugs::hugs:

Hello to the rest of you lovely ladies!

Blue, how are you going with that decision about the biopsy? I think whatever you decide will be OK. If you want to go ahead and agree to do this next time if you fail, I think that's totally fair.

Isi, I gained a couple of kilos on my stim cycle, but after AF showed up it all dropped off. I think it's mostly fluid. I haven't gained anything on this thaw cycle.

Mummy, how you feeling? Almost time for your ET!! I will be thinking of you tomorrow :hugs:

Tickled, can I say... I think it's so nice you are still on this thread and encouraging us. Most of the graduates just drop off, I think it's really nice that you still care about us :)

I'm hanging in there - sore back, huge boobs all the usual! 9 days til the beta and counting!

lots of love girls xxx

If it wasn't for all you ladies on here (and a few that have moved on), I would've driven myself mad! Someone always seemed to have an answer on here and everyone is so friendly, so I'm finding it a little hard to leave! lol. Just need everyone to get a :bfp: and I'll be a happy bunny ;)

Praying hard for you, Mrs JA and Clussy :hugs:. By God's grace, you have strong babies settling right in. Good luck with your beta tomorrow, Clussy. I can't wait for you to feel confident enough to make your announcement :hugs:

Oh dear.....not looking forward to the weight gain :wacko:....but I guess it's a small sacrifice to pay. And since it's only temporary, I guess that's okay.

Good luck with your scan, Tickled!!!

Wishing you all the best with EC tomorrow, Mummy!

Summer....hope you and the baby are doing great.

Another question from a newbie :D. Please, what day of your cycle did you start the very first set of drugs/injections. I know it depends on which protocol, but I just want to know what to expect. Thanks ladies!

I think few pounds here and there, hopefully preparing us for pregnancy anyway!! then we can be big bumps for a reason! :rofl:

Long protocol - day 19
short protocol - day 3

That's my experience anyway :) x

Thanks Mummy!! That's true, we'll end up all nice & fat for 9 months anyways :haha:.

Thanks ladies :) Was supposed to exactly 12 weeks today but I'm 12+6... EDD 16th March :) Little one is doing just great!

Wonder how Clussy's getting on.... *crosses fingers*

Good luck with EC tomorrow mummyiwanabe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back