Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

I am so-so. I need to talk to the clinic today about switching to progesterone suppositories instead of these PIO injections. I cried and screamed through the one last night - they are so terrible. It makes walking hard to do each day.

My OTD beta day is Friday Oct 1 - so still just over a whole week away. I am not sure how I feel about my chances to be honest. I hope so badly and I am really positive most of the time - but the closer I get the more afraid of the results I am getting.

i dont do the shots but they sound awful :( hope you get some joy if your clinic can change them.

big hugs xx

Blue, sorry you're having such a hard time with the injections. I am currently on week 10 of them and they certainly take their toll. What I have found is, the more I relax (easier said than done I know) the easier it is. The minute i tense up before it goes in, the whole thing is agony.
It was funny the other day, I went to run across the road and forgot that really i just don't run any more. what with the aching bum and aching boobs, i nearly collapsed in the middle of the road, must have been quite a funny sight!

I am doing well thanks for asking girls. Got my first midwife appointment on Monday so just waiting for that really.
Hope everyone is doing well, so glad we'e all going through this together xx

Blue, sorry to hear you're having such a hard time w/the shots. I was actually just switched to the crinone cream/gel today because I started having odd allergic reaction to the injections, to the point that I got really dizzy and almost faint. So, I'm on the crinone for 2 more weeks.

Summer, yay to meeting w/your midwife! That must make it feel even more real.

Tickled, I'm sorry about your loss of one of your twins but I'm happy to hear things w/your growing bean are good at this point.

MrsJA, when's your next appt?

Isi, thank you for all your sweetness. Glad your tests went ok and didn't scare you off too much. it can be a pinch overwhelming at first.

Mummy, your beta's next week maybe?

AFM, We went in for the ultrasound today and sure enough, spotted the lil bean's heartbeat. It's at 136 bpm, it's measuring at 6 weeks and I'm exactly at 6 weeks 1 day so Dr. was very happy w/that so we're good. At this point, she told me I'd graduated to my regular OB/GYN and they gave me ultrasound pics, stats and letter for my OB. It feels weird to not be under the care of my RE anymore. I'm both scared and excited. For today, I'm happy, feel healthy and so blessed. Just will keep praying that bean holds on for the long haul.

Hugs and love to all! :hugs:

OTD tomorrow and then have to call clinic on monday to let them know result. Then I will talk to them again bout beta. They don't do them as standard although they said they would they just don't think it's necessary but maybe it would help give me some reassurance? I can't keep peeing on sticks to reassure myself for the next 3 weeks. I hope if all goes well my scan will be in 2 weeks, the clinic said 3 and I duno how i'm gonna wait that long!! Still praying and hoping that all our beans stick!

blue - how you feeling? have you managed to swap drugs yet?

Evening girls,

Clussy, hurrah for your heartbeat and for graduating to your OB, yayyyyyy!:happydance: That's such great news honey!

Isi, I'm so glad to hear your test went well and that you get to start down reg in 8 days! The countdown begins!!

Blue, the shots sound awful love - sorry you're having such a hard time with that. I'm using the progesterone pessaries and they are pretty good, although somewhat inconvenient... you have to take them 12 hours apart and lie down for half an hour after you use them- it can be a scheduling nightmare!

Summer, that's exciting about your midwife appointment! Write back and tell us how it goes - I want to know what happens at the first one :)

Mummy, how are you feeling? Did you manage to get a blood test scheduled? Re those pains, I have had heaps of cramping and also some stabbing pains, and everything seems to be OK so far... I guess it's pretty normal.

Tickled, hope you and baby are well!

My 6 week scan is on the 4th of Oct.. Although I'll actually be 6+4 that day. I can't wait to get there...!!

Sending lots of love xxxx

clussy great news about your heartbeat :)

Good luck summer with your midwife appt :)

I'm feeling ok - feeling very cautious but happy.

That's great news about the heartbeat, Clussy. So very happy for you :hugs:

I'm also looking forward to your 6 week scan, Mrs JA :hugs:. Sooo very exciting!

Blue, so sorry you're having a hard time with the shots. I had progesterone shots last year....and they were MAD painful even though they were administered by a Nurse and on my bum. I hope you're able to change.

Yay for OTD, Mummy! I'm sure you can't wait for the official confirmation. Sending you and your baby loads of :hugs:

That's so great that you'll be meeting your midwife soon, Summer. It must make it feel even more real. Wishing you a h&h remainder of your pregnancy.

AFM, hoping I can drag my DH to the hospital tomorrow....for his SA. Men!! They can be so difficult :wacko:

Hi girls!

Isi, good luck with your DH's SA... has he done one before? Let us know how you get on honey.

Blue, 6 days til your beta! At least you're past the halfway mark now love.:hugs: Been thinking of you and hope you're hanging in there with the shots.

Pregnant gals, hope you and beans are all well! xxx

No need to draw out suspense until OTD here. Yesterday and today bfn. And woke up today will all symptoms gone. That is it ladies - I'm out.

My otd is Friday. Which will be 14dp3dt or 17 dpo. Today I am 10dp3dt or 13dpo.

Sending you loads of :hugs:, Blue....and praying your OTD brings a wonderful surprise. 13dpo is early still. Good luck hun.

Thanks Mrs JA.....but we weren't able to make the SA on Saturday as planned. Hopefully, we can get that done sometime this week. He had one done before but all we were told was that he came out fine...nothing about count, motility or anything like that. Looking forward to some more conclusive results :thumbub:

Hope everyone is well today!

:hug:

I got my scan date through - 19th oct. Praying i get that far and that the next 3 weeks (longest of my life) goes reasonably quickly!!

Hi girls,

Blue, Im really sorry to hear about the BFN's. If the witch hasn't shown you are still in with a chance though. I'm praying that maybe you've just tested too early honey..

Isi, if your DH's last SA was OK then there's every reason to think this one will be too. But even if it isn't, the good news is that IVF is the best solution for male factor issues! I gather that they're wanting to test him, so they can decide whether to do IVF or ICSI?

Mummy, sending you big hugs and hoping that the time passes quickly. Have you got any pregnancy symptoms yet?

Clussy, Summer and Tickled, hope you guys are good!

Lots of love to you all xxxx

Hi Girls

Sorry for my quietness, I've been having internet issues which has been soooo frustrating as I've been dying to catch up.

Blue, really sorry to hear about the BFNs, I do hope it's just a case of too early.

Mummy, fantastic news about the scan, hope you're doing well and are starting to get used to the idea. Are you having a blood test?

Clussy, woo hoo!! WHat wonderful news that you've seen the precious little heartbeat, that is amazing.

MrsJA, not long at all now til your scan, hope you're keeping well.

Isi, hope you're good, fingers crossed you get your DH's SA done this week. Not long til you get started now! And between us we have looooads of experience to help you along the way!!

Tickled, hope you and baby are doing well.

xxxx

Blue I'm sorry to hear about the BFN's but as someone else said, as long as AF hasn't arrived you're still in with a chance! Just because your symptoms have gone doesn't mean it hasn't worked. Try to stay positive! :) xx

Mummy, the time will soon fly by!!!

How are you feeling MrsJA? Has it sunk in yet?

Isi, Clussy and Summer, hope you're all keeping well! Apologies if I've missed anyone out. Stuck at work so I'm busy trying to catch up on all the news.

AFM... 16 weeks on Wednesday and seeing the midwife. She's going to try and find a heartbeat so we can have a listen!

Well, break almost over and I need to visit the ladies... I seem to spend most of my life in there these days :haha: xxx

I've decided not to have a beta test. i think i would over analyse it and what will be will be so I'm going to be patient lol I wish my scan was sooner, some have theirs at 6 weeks but hopefully I'll get there and see my little bean/beans.

Today I woke up this morning with zero symptoms. My boobs didn't hurt as much last night and this morning I usually have a bit of heart burn but nothing. Find that really scary not having anything. I didn't test this morning. CAn't test everyday but wish i could! lol!

good luck with your midwife appt on weds tickled!

I remember waking up with zero symptoms now and then, Mummy. You panic and instantly think the worst but then later in the day you find your boobs feel tender or they reaaaaally hurt at night, or you feel tired or queasy. Last week I woke up with none of the regular symptoms... instead I had back ache and felt sick as if AF was on her way... Still a scary time even now! Fingers crossed you'll be fine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->