• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

Hey ...Pink... Don't worry bout the gonal temp I kept mine in a drawer in the bathroom and it gets pretty steamy in there. And my follicles grew just fine.
And... I started the buserelin the day after af started and I had the longest period ever. I took primolut too and I think that affects af. It went on for about 10 days and loads too... I have no idea where it all came from but the clinic were impressed with my lack of lining. So the more af you lose the better!

Mrs... I had loads of biggish follicles... Most over 12mm and they gave me 4 more days of stimming so they may well keep you on it for a bit longer. You getting sick of the needles now? I'm so relieved that's all over for me!

Lola... I did my trigger at 8:30pm last night and my ec us booked fir 8.30 tomorrow mornin. I guess you're in an hour before me then..
I was so weepy all nightlong. Woke up with such puffy eyes it was so embarassing at work!

Rosie... Hope the scan goes ok and you can get on with it. Feeling so bloated isn't any fun at all :hugs:

Hey... I did my orovelle or whatever it's called last night. Does that mean there's hcg in my system? I might just poas to see if this 2 line thing is the myth I suspect it to be!

Thanks Cazd, you've put my mind at rest about the Gonal F and AF. Although I''m dreading my scan tomorrow. Things could get messy :laugh2: I just can't believe that my replacement nurse doesn't know a thing!

Good luck with EC tomorrow! Are you taking a few days off after ET?

8.30am!!! Time for Caz's EC! Hope you got the time right, missy :p Thinking of you :hugs:

Just got back from my scan which went great!!! And you were right Caz, I saw a different consultant but she said it was entirely normal for AF to stop and start and everything's looking great because my lining is 'very' thin!

And apparently Gonal F is fine out of the fridge but she said with it being a bit warm and muggy lately, she recommends putting it in the fridge, once the vial has been opened. But there's no real right or wrong.

I should be getting a phone call later this afternoon to tell me when to start stimming. It will be either today or tomorrow. :happydance:

Tory, how are you getting on??

I've finally started the ball rolling. I started my tablets today to bring AF on so fingers crossed she should appear a couple of days after my nurses appointment YAH YAH

Evening girls!

Just a quick one from me tonight, to report back on the follie scan.

I have 16 follies (which I think is good??) Lots of different sizes... the biggest one is 18mm, but there are quite a few some smaller ones ie around 9 or 10mm too. So they've said it's a couple more days on stims for me. I have to go back on Friday so they can do another scan. It's looking like EC might be on Tuesday next week if all goes to plan.

I'm a bit annoyed I've got to do another scan, but all in all I can't complain!

Cazd and lola, dying to hear how you guys got on! Cazd, lol about peeing on the stick too - did you do it???

Aclio, great news about starting your tablets!

Tickled, did you get to start stims yet??

Rosie, tell us how your scan went!

lots of love and babydust to everyone xxx

Wow you three are doin great! Hope the phone rings soon pink!

I'm just comin round from the ec and it HURTS!
I don't remember anything of the procedure. Unfortunately the more I wake up the more painful it is. But then they said they might have to dig about to get to the follicles.
I've got today off work but got to go in tomorrow... There's too much to do.
So I'm just lyin here waitin for the embryologist to come tell me about the eggs... Or... Fir the consultant to come tell me they couldn't get to the eggs...

Hi all
Just thought I'd drop in and say HI!
I've been posting on the July thread, but I will start down regging on 21st June. So I'm a bit here, a bit there - all over the place! Hope you don't mind me joining in. :)

Hope things are going well for all you lovely ladies.
Take care xxx

Hi Starbright! welcome to the gang :D I know what you mean about being all over the place. I started off in the May thread because that's when I started DR but everyone else seemed to be coming to the end of their treatment.

Glad to hear things are finally on the move, Aclio. When's your nurses appointment?

No, I haven't started stims yet, MrsJA. In fact I've just had a call from the clinic. They want me to start stims on Friday... and here's me hoping I could do the injection today. Oh well, at least we're heading in the right direction. Got my follow up scan booked for Wednesday 16th :happydance: Can't help thinking that this month might be the month I fall pregnant... but then i don't want to tempt fate :dohh: Sounds like things are going great for you too!!!

Hope it's good news about the eggs, Caz :hugs:

My nurses appointment is on the 17th. I was told to start the tablets to bring AF on so she should show up a couple of days after my appointment fingers crossed. I'm assuming I'll be starting treatment on the first day but that is a guess until I see the nurse. We are doing a short protocol xxxx

Aclio... Great news on the short protocol :dance:

mrs.... How come Friday? Why the delay? Dammit... :grr:

I got 12 eggs collected today and apparently that's great from just one ovary.
They're gonna call tomorrow to let me know if any fertlilse...

And heya starbright :wave: I know what you mean about being between groups. Annoying isn't it? But yr welcome to join us and prepare for the weeks ahead :hugs:

wonder how lola got on? Anyone heard from her?

fantastic news cazd 12eggs!! fingers crossed for you tomorrow, whenwill you be having them put back? my pct only put one back unless there isnt one dominant embie they ill but two back.

Got my scan booked for friday 9.30 im really hoping ec is going to be on monday dont really want it to drag on to wed. start antibiotics tomorrow too

im feeling really bloated and uncomfortable especially at work my uniform is a bit on the snug side now :shy:

tickled great news on stimms.

not long for you now mrs ja!

hello Ladies...my retrieval went great...they collected 15 eggs!! I don't remember anything..just going in and leaving :) I need to call tomorrow and see how the eggies are doing..hoping to do ET on saturday!

Cazd..awesome EC..and from one side wow! So great that we are on the same days..do you have any idea when ET will be or will you get that call tomorrow? Also how many will you transfer? I am doing 2 if all goes well!

Sounds like everyone is moving right along..so exciting!! Senging much love,happiness and baby dust! xo

Hi girls!!

Cazd and lola, 12 eggs and 15 eggs - that is REALLY awesome news!!

How are you both feeling now? Does the soreness just last a day, or does it linger on a bit? And when do you find out how many fertilised?? So many questions....

I have quite a bit of ovary pressure now, which I'm hoping means good things and that my follies are growing! One more scan at 8am tomorrow morning, so we'll see how things are looking then.

I really just want to get the EC locked in, so I can book the day off work and get myself organised. It's all getting v last minute!

Rosie, looks like you and I are back in sync now - you're scanning tomorrow too! Maybe we will end up doing EC together as well :)

Pink, hurrah for starting stims tomorrow! I'm hoping this is the cycle for all of us. PMA is what it's all about for me this month :thumbup:

Starbright, welcome to the thread! Not long til you get to start down reg!

Aclio, frankly I am jealous of your short protocol - lol! What's the deal - what do you have to do?

Lots of love to all and babydust xxx

The 17th? That's a week today! Not long to go Aclio!!!! :thumbup:

Congrats on the 12 eggs, Caz! :happydance:

Congrats to you too, Rosie! 15 eggs! :happydance:

I start stims tomorrow... I'm a little bit excited but a little bit nervous too. I really do hate needles and now I'll have to do two a day. I can already feel another coldsore starting up :( Damn stress and damn hormones.

I'm just wondering, has anyone told their family their doing treatment? My parents know, because they're paying for us to go private after we were refused, because the NHS said at 36, I was too old for funding :growlmad: Anyways, my brother and his wife have been TTC for almost 5 years and have had four failed IVF attempts and nothing... I kind of feel like it's all down to us to give them a grandchild, like I don't have enough pressure...

MRSJA - I've been told a short protocol is only a month long including the 2ww but I'll be find out more on the 17th when I meant the nurse and go through everything. I think the short protocol mean you don't down (i think) I think its straight into injections on day 1 but I am guessing xxx

Congrats to Cazd and Lolalulu on successful retrievals! That must make this all feel so possible.

I went in for my baseline testing this morning and the nurse called me this afternoon to give me the green light to begin the gonal-f injections so here we go! Interestingly enough, when we went for the medications class, it was super easy to give myself the injection but when I gave it to myself tonight, it was tough! The needle wouldn't go in as easily so I had to poke 3 times, the third time finally pushing through harder and it stung for a bit afterwards. It kinda stressed me out. Normally I'd reach for a glass of wine but since they recommend keeping alcohol intake to a minimum, I figure why even toy w/it. So, hot tea to soothe me, it is then.

MrsJa, sounds like it's coming along great for you. How many days have you been on the injectables now?

Pink, you and I are pretty much on the same schedule at this point. Cheers! We've told our immediate family about IVF and they've all been super supportive so far. The only thing I worry about is them asking 'are you pregnant yet?' and it not had worked for one reason or another. it's the anticipation and having to come to terms w/failure and have to relay it to everyone else as well that scares me. Just gotta hope for the best though. ((crossing fingers, legs & eyes))

Rosie, here's hoping you get to go for your EC on Monday and that it's smooth and successful!

hugs and baby dust going out to all you strong chickies!

Thank you everyone for all the positive feedback. Well I got great news again today....13 of the eggies fertilized!!! I am soooo happy...there is still a chance the other two might still fertilize...I am calling tomorrow to find out and when ET is. Sending tons of love and baby dust!! xo

Evening lovely ladies,

Sorry for being so absent this week! I was out Wednesday night watching SATC2 with the girls, then again last night for dinner.
It's nice to be home and having a couch night! :)

Day 3 of stim injections today and so far, so good! I did a bit of a hatchet job on last night's one and managed to make it bleed (!) but apart from that it's all going well!

pink, hope you are tucked up in bed and starting to feel better. A couple of you guys have talked about gonal-F and mixing stuff with water, which has me confused.. In Australia when you get gonal-F it's just in liquid form in a pen that you attach a needle to. How are you guys doing it??

Rosie, good work on the baseline - yay!! Have you started stims now?

cazd, your follies are looking good! I'm only on 150 of gonal f - I hope it works and that I can catch up and have follies like yours! Sorry to hear about the possible problem with your scar tissue though. Tell us what they say...

lola, you are making great progress too!! I wonder when your EC will be???

Clusssy, great to hear that you're on your way with the injection lessons. Not long now!

Lots of love and babydust ladies xxxxxx

HI MrsJA, i read your post and wanted to ask you how you were going with your stims / injections....we will be starting IVF soon as my husband has low sperm count and i desperately wanted to know how you went with your meds? how many mg your injections were? and whether you had any dramas with hyperstimulation - my biggest fear! Hoping all is going well for you, any info would be fantastic...thank u

Evening girls!

Tickled, that must be difficult, carrying the TTC burden on behalf of you and your brother. I know what you mean about the pressure too. We have told my parents about the IVF, but not my DH's parents...because they are kind of hard work and we know they will be asking about it all the time. My MIL drops comments about grandchildren constantly, and we are definitely the ones being looked at to produce the goods...

It's partly my fault, because as soon as we got married I had said to her I wanted babies. And here we are inching towards our 2nd anniversary with no babies. So I am probably my own worst enemy for being so open about wanting to try :dohh:

Aclio, I'm loving the sound of your short protocol. Hope the time goes quickly for you so you get to start soon :)

Clussy, stick with the injections hon, I think they get easier as you get used to them. PS- re the wine, I've had half a glass of red 3 times this week and I've read that it's fine to do that. I have 16 huge follies, so it doesn't seem to have affected me! It's day 10 of stims for me today.

Lola, yay for your 13 fertilised eggs!!! I can't believe it, that is SUCH a great result! You must be thrilled! Now when are you doing your ET??

Pink, a fellow Aussie - welcome! I'm on synarel at the moment, which is a nasal spray, and 150iu of gonal-f which I'm injecting. No dramas with overstimulation, and they monitor you for that anyway, so it's all good. I've been a bit moody the last few days, but all in all, it's been easier than I thought it would be. Good luck to you!

Happy weekend ladies and babydust to us all!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->