Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

I have a question girls,

When are you coming off the progesterone/pessaries? I'm nervous about when to come off and worried they won't monitor it and will just go cold turkey. Whats your clinic doing?

They took me off of the PIO injections at 8 week flat and it was perfectly fine. Cold turkey and all. I was a bit worried too. Some people experience spotting when coming off of them due to your hormones regulating.

Thanks Clussy, good to hear it went ok! I think due to my bleeding they said possibly 9.5 weeks for me. i had another bleed on friday and had a scan yesterday. All ok :)

My clinic told me to stop taking them as of week 12 but I had to do it gradually over 5 days, so it was almost 13 weeks.

It's amazing how it varies from clinic to clinic! that's what worries me! Thanks tickled for letting me know :) x

Happy to hear that the scan showed that all was great. I'm going in for a scheduled 'almost 12 week' checkup on Wed. Yay! Another opportunity to see my lil nugget. :)

Clussy, wonderful news about your scan!! I had that exact panic about a missed miscarriage, it hit me just before 11 weeks and I ended up paying for a private scan and it was just the most wonderful feeling ever! I have to say, overall I have managed to be a bit more relaxed since then. Hope you have a wonderful scan on Wednesday!

Cazd, really hope your next scan goes well and everything is ok with your little girl.

Mummy, hope things have settled down for you. I have to keep on taking oestrogen tablets and progesterone tablets up until just over 14 weeks, I have my last injection TOMORROW!!! I cannot wait!!! I have to say I’m worried about coming off them without any monitoring but they assure me that it is a tried and tested plan and I have nothing to worry about, I guess we just have to have faith!

Isi, wow, you’re doing great!! So excited for you! Can’t wait to hear your next update!

MrsJA, how’s the queasiness? Hopefully things will get easier on you soon!! What is next for you appointment wise? Any more scans coming up??

Tickled, how are you getting on? When would you say you actually started showing? Are you feeling much movement yet? If so when did that start?
Sorry for all the questions, I’m just getting impatient so wanting to know if it’ll be happening soon!! Is it this Thursday your 20 week scan?? How exciting!!

Blue, hope all is ok with you.

AFM, had my first OB appointment yesterday, I wanted to find out that after my surgeries and Endo issues whether I could have a home birth. They have cautiously given me the green light but also gave me some lovely news to take way...warning, tmi alert and you may want to cross your legs...apparently due to wear my bits are all stuck together and where i had my surgery, there's a chance that my vagina may split open at the top when giving birth!! Eeeekkkkk!!! How horrendous does that sound??!! Trying to think calm and stretchy thoughts!!
xx

Quick post from me as we were at the hospital for nearly two hours so we're running a little late... 20 week anomaly scan this morning and everything looks fine! We saw he/she having a huuuuge stretch with their head bent back and their hand up under their chin, so sweet lol. They couldn't get all the measurements done because baby wouldn't move, so after a lot of prodding and rollling on the bed (I'm serious lol) I had to go for a walk for 15 mins... if that didn't work, it was star jumps in the car park :O

Summer, I started showing about week 14 but I was in maternity trousers around week 10 as I felt so bloated. I first felt movement at exactly 15 weeks. It was a weird kind of flutter and ripple across my tummy. I didn't feel anything again for quite while but the last two weeks I can feel them move at least once every other day.

Hope all you lovely ladies are keeping well! Now I'd better get ready for work...

Awww, it's so wonderful seeing how well everyone is progressing!!! I can't believe you're almost 12 weeks, Clussy! And Mummy, almost 9 weeks, Mrs JA almost 10 weeks, Summer almost 15 weeks, Tickled almost 20 weeks :shock: . This thread really reinforces my hope that IVF does indeed work. There is so much gloom and doom on some other threads that it often makes me so worried and nervous. But you ladies give me reason to hope :flower:

OMG Summer :shock: :shock:. Split open at the top???? Please, think ALLLL the calm and stretchy thoughts you possibly can :haha:. I'm sure it won't be that bad babes! But even if it does, it's all for a good cause. You'll be fine.

Tickled, that is sooo cute about your LO stretching. You must have been so thrilled seeing him/her. You're on Team :yellow:, right?

Clussy and Mrs JA....sending loads of :hugs:

Mummy....hope the bleeding has eased up now. I'm sure your 2 babies are fighters and everything will work out just fine!!!

As for me, I had another scan today. Looking at EC by Monday, but they'll know for sure by the time of my scan on Friday. Follies are now between 12mm and 16mm, and they reckon I'll be ready to trigger by Saturday. Gosh.....I'm officially nervous now!

glad your scan went well tickled!

Great new isi - good luck with EC on monday! i hope it is monday for you :)

Summer breeze - eek! sounds horrendous! thinking stretchy thoughts for you!!

I'm confused with my dates. The clinic said they count from transfer date but IVF calculators online count from fertillisation date. The hospital said on monday my babies were measuring 8 weeks 5 days on monday which fits with the ivf calculator and fertilisation date. The clinic insists its from transfer which means I'm 3 days behind. So technically I'm 9 weeks today but according to the clinin I'm not! CONFUSED!!!

Hi Sweet Ladies!

Mummy, my Dr's all just counted from the first day of my last cycle onwards. In other words, the day I last got my period was when they start counting towards pregnancy. I thought all Dr's did so.

Summer, wow, this was your first OB visit? Had you just visited w/a midwife up until now or not at all? I'm not going to lie... The splitting open made me cross my legs tighter in reaction. BUT, it's all part of the joy of giving birth and in the greater scheme of things, it won't be as consequential as it sounds. Let's hope you actually *don't* split open though. I'll think nice stretchy, calming thoughts for you. :thumbup:

Tickled, awwww, how sweet that you got to see your lil one stretching around and posing cutely for you! Glad you answered all of Summer's questions. I was wondering the same thing. I'm at 11+ weeks now and I feel so very bloated and pudgy... I'm wondering how long I can hold out before some wardrobe adjustments will need to happen here.

Isi, WOW, EC on Monday already?! this is just flying by for me! HA! I feel like it went so slow in my IVF cycle but actually going through it is much easier than going through it day by day and waiting to see your results come through. I completely know what you mean about all the doom & gloom on other threads. It's so heartbreaking and it really does make you feel 'why should it work for me then?', which is what I felt throughout my process, even though I had strong hopes as well. This takes a lot of patience and strength to go through. I consider myself lucky that it did finally work after just 2 tries. I've seen so many others go through many more tries. It's all part of the journey and all you can do is think positively and keep at it.

MrsJA, how you doing over there? Hopefully all well and a bit better at putting on at least a lb or 2 than I've fared so far.

So, AFM, I went in for my check up today and all looked and sounded wonderful (heard the perfect heartbeat on the doppler), BUT, I was lightly scholded for losing weigh. :dohh: I don't understand. My clothes are all getting tighter, my boobs bigger, my gut more pronounced and yet I lost weight. It was very odd to see/hear but I guess I have to up my calories. The Dr. mentioned that the baby takes from me so even though I think I'm eating enough, it's not enough for baby AND myself. ((sigh)) So, I'm now going to be focusing on eating more often and just more in genera. This is going to be tough as my aversions have been pretty strong lately and it's been tough to find appealing foods to eat. Aside from that, no complaints.

Quick post again (sorry) as at work :( Had a check up with my consultant today. Think I've got hubby's cold and feeling a bit tired so I've been on the Lucozade and Paracetamol. But my sugar level was high after a urine sample. It's the second one that's been high so they now think I might have gestational diabetes, even though the 'finger prick test' was normal (4.1) I have to go for a glucose tolerance test December 17th. They've given me a list of alternative foods to try else I'll end up having a big baby... I think the midwife's words were 'It'll be like Winnie the Pooh and just sit there loaded with sugar... :wacko: which I don't fancy when it comes to giving birth :haha: Will try and pop back later. xxxxxxxxxx

Hi girls,

Summer, I'm thinking stretchy thoughts for you too! Do you think they'll give you a c section if you're at very high risk of that happening? I know c sections are not ideal, but might be preferable to the alternative!

Isi, I can't wait to hear about your EC on Monday! It feels like such a long road from the start of down reg.. I'm so glad you have finally arrived!

Tickled, keep us posted on news re your possible gestational diabetes. It's a good thing they are onto it, if that's what you do have. Nobody wants to give birth to an 12 pound baby!

Clussy, good luck getting the weight gain going. I know what you mean about the aversions. Fortunately (or unfortunately? I can't decide!) I've had cravings to offset my aversions, so the weight gain has not been an issue :wacko: Downside of course is that I feel like a whale!

Mummy, my clinic measured my start date from last period too. Hope you get that sorted out so you have a better idea when those bubbas are due!

Not much news from me. I'm suuuuuper tired at the moment, and looking forward to the second trimester when I hear that my energy will miraculously all come back! Our first obstetrician appointment this week was great. I really like our obstetrician and little peanut is doing perfectly, so that is a huge relief :)

Hi lovely ladies. So sorry for the late update.

Had my EC yesterday, and it went better than I expected. Was knocked out almost immediately and the soreness afterwards was quite tolerable. I was even able to manage a restaurant trip with my DH later in the day (okay, I admit I probable should have just rested as I felt a bit worse for wear when we got home. Lol).

Anyways, got the call this morning. We got 12 eggs. 9 have fertilised as of this morning. They'll let me know if they can to blast.

Gosh! I'm shaking!

Isi, that's WONDERFUL! 9 is a great number. Can't wait to hear how the cycle progresses. You'll be PUPO in the blink of an eye!

Isi, how you doing over there? I'm assuming you're going to a 5 day transfer? Thinking of you!

Hope all are well and that silence means peace and content. :hugs::hugs:

Thanks Clussy!! I forgot to provide an update :dohh:

I was told today that the embies can go to blast :happydance:. There are 8 embryos right now....6 at 8-cell and 2 at 6-cell. ET will be on Friday.....they'll get back to me on exact time. I'm taking the entire 2ww off work.....I think I'll drive myself nuts here in the office :wacko:. Instead, I have invested in 11 (ELEVEN) romance novels :haha:....and with re-runs of my favourite sitcoms showing, hopefully, I'll be fine. Really trying to manage my expectations....but really really praying for a miracle!!!

Hope you're good hun! WOW....12 weeks!!! Happy 2nd tri :happydance:. Have you told your friends and family?

Mummy....hope those twins are doing great :hugs:

Mrs JA....miss you around here :hugs:

Tickled and Summer......blowing you and your bubs loads of :kiss: and :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79