anyone got pregnant after ovarian drilling?

Hi ladies, just checking in to say hi and see how everyone is doing! i hope you are all ok :) as for me AF came and i am cramping so bad, im just trying to get through this work day and go home and relax. Also i have my surgery on monday so im looking forward to getting it over and done with, also for the pain pills to get rid of these cramps :haha:

sorry af is hard on you :hugs: Good luck with your opp tomorrow, its gonna be a huge success and bring your bfp soon!

Good luck for your op today! I hope it goes well. Remember to count today as CD1 of a new cycle :thumbup:

AFM: Jude is keeping me busy, he's got a few words now too which is so cute. It's a fun age but hard work as he's always up to mischief like climbing up onto the dining table and I feel like I am having to be telling him off a bit too often! :wacko:
How is everyone? Would be great to hear updates. Keisha I often wonder how you're getting on? :flower:

Hi ladies!! Thank you so much for the good luck wishes! My op went great! Alot better than I expected, I had a small benign tumor on one of my ovaries but my doctor got rid of it, and I was only stage 2 endometriosis. He did remove alot of tissue that wasn't supposed to be there and my ovaries were stuck where they shouldn't of been but doctor said he thinks we have a big chance of conceiving now, he drilled about 18 holes in each ovarie and my tubes were not blocked. I'm very happy with it all I just need to heal and pray my BFP is next!!

Hi ladies :) I am new to forum but not new to trying for a baby... let me tell you about me.. I m 25 and my husband is 33. We are trying for 3.5 years... first year was natural and after was clomid for 6 cycles... after my doc change clomid (it didnt work and I was not ovulate) for tamoxifen. At least I had shorter cycles but still they were too long. I did get pregnent on my own in sep 13 but had miscarriage... (crazy story... was waiting for miscarriage as doctors didnt give me any hopes for 2 weeks... beta hcg was increasing to slowly...). After I come back to tamoxifen... still no luck so I ve offered OD which had on monday 19th. It was 25 dc and now I m waiting for some results...
Just wondering when I can expect my period as op was on day 25 afer op I had on off small bleading (like bigger spotting but it was blood) till today....

ready, its great to hear they could remove the endo and your tubes are open. fxd for a bfp very quickly but do remember that your body needs time to recover and hormones to stabalise after the op.

pat, welcome hope you become a graduate also very quickly. you must take day of the op as your cd1, i ovulated 21days after op which was my first natural o ever. fxd you also recover quickly and can get onto your rainbow bfp quickly

ready, its great to hear they could remove the endo and your tubes are open. fxd for a bfp very quickly but do remember that your body needs time to recover and hormones to stabalise after the op.

pat, welcome hope you become a graduate also very quickly. you must take day of the op as your cd1, i ovulated 21days after op which was my first natural o ever. fxd you also recover quickly and can get onto your rainbow bfp quickly

i will graduate soon :D but from my university hihi :)
i hope so i will finally will see positive test...
i need to learn all this forum jargon :D as i m little confused :D
Are you sure everyone should count op as 1st day? because i did ask my doc and he said to wait until proper bleading... because this what i had its not like proper... i m jusy thinking of going private for utrasound to see hows my ovaries looks. i was thinking of going on thursday? it will be 10 days after op. do you think its worth to go? or should i go later (i could go on tuesday (15 days after op)?

Ready - Great news about your tubes being open, that's a ready great sign. Keep us posted on how you get on over the next few weeks. :hugs:

:hi: and welcome Pat - Tella is right, you count the day of your op as CD1. It's normal to have some bleeding after the op, but as your Dr says that's not a normal AF. You still count op day as CD1 because the effect the drilling has on your ovaries, it sort of resets them as they repair themselves. You may have a 28 day cycle, or longer, but start your count at CD1.
Personally, I wouldn't pay for an ultrasound just yet. The hardest thing for us all after the drilling is to have patience. The op can overhaul your hormones and it's important to allow yourself a few months to settle down to take the stress off ttc as far as possible by not expecting instant results. :flower:

Pat, I also only had a spotting af nothing like normal but I ovulated 21days later. I wouldn't pay for a scan yet either, firstly you might just see one of the OD holes as a follicle and cause unnecessary stress.

If you feel like you dont want to wait to long after od to see what is going on then wait out the first cycle. But its fair to expect your cycle to only in 3 months.

My fs said to wait 6 months before he would do any assisted cycles.

As the other girls have said, hard as it is we have to wait and be patient after this procedure. My ob told me that it takes about three months for things to normalise (if they are going to) and that he would see me in four months. That will be July so I'm halfway there. So far I have had one AF, 54 days post op.

I'm now on cycle 2 post op, day 17 and no ov yet, but showing fertile signs so hoping for any day. I am assuming if I am not having a regular cycle by July I will be started back on clomid.

Like the others said, I really wouldn't be wasting money on an ultrasound now it likely won't tell you anything useful.

thanks for advice :) so i think i wont go just yet. maybe later on. At the moment i will stick to temp chart :) i restarted today... and lets hope i can see some ovulation later than 20-35 day of the cycle... :)

i forgot to add... as i am going for holiday to see my husband family (poland) i was thinking of doing IUI... because i cannot afford private here in uk... and there is much more cheaper... i m going on 9th july so i really hope i can use clomid for my next cycle and do IUI... :( as it will be one opportunity and i dont wanna regret later i didnt try...

i forgot to add... as i am going for holiday to see my husband family (poland) i was thinking of doing IUI... because i cannot afford private here in uk... and there is much more cheaper... i m going on 9th july so i really hope i can use clomid for my next cycle and do IUI... :( as it will be one opportunity and i dont wanna regret later i didnt try...

If you have an opportunity like that i would also use it. Fertility treatments are so expensive and you need to take advantage of every saving you can get.

How long was your cycles pre OD?

I'm not sure. I know the frustration of ltttc first hand, but if it were me I'd be tempted to wait at least 3 months post operation and give your hormones time to settle down. You may well ovulate on your own and that would save you the IUI expense altogether. Difficult call. I know it was hugely frustrating for me after my op to wait to see if I ovulated on my own or if I needed meds, but I am glad (with hindsight) I gave my body the time to settle. Good luck with whatever you decide.:hugs:

i think i will wait for my normal period.. and see from there... i will measure temp everyday and see if i will ovulate.. but i think i will try IUI for stimulated or not cycle... just wanna try... because i cannot afford to pay £800 for something that risky... in Poland it will cost me arround £100-150...

My cycles before OD were very irregular so cant tell...

ehh i wish i will get pregnent soon... and i really wish you all the same... it is so unfair...

Hello ladies. I think I did ovulate yesterday. But not 100% sure. Now just time will tell... thats my temp chart: enpr.pl/3506 (www needs to be added because i m not allowed to put websites yet) yesterday was nice temp jump. I hope so.it was ovulation jump...

fxd that the next few days will confirm that O for you!!!! Hope you got enough BD in to cover that eggy!!!

Unfortunately it wasnt ovu... temp went down... and I was thinking it was to dry for ovu... anyway keep fingers crossed for all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->