• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone just had a baby and WTT, NTNP, or TTC?

Detterose, I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING, haha!! I don't have a problem concieving, I got pregnant everytime we tried BUT the problem is getting a good sperm baby or either getting my body to hold unto the baby...a living baby that is. I've had 3 m/c's and only 1 baby to show for it In my case I'll take those twins and run with it!! My son was a twin but of course the other one heart stopped beating @ 8wks. But I'm so grateful that God still gave me 1 of them!!

I'm worried once I start trying in Jan 2015 I won't be so lucky. O well Positive Thinking Only right.

I've been following this thread a while! I have a 10 month old son and am desperate for number 2 but have to wait until I finish my degree and work for a year. TTC in approx 3 years! Sob!

On the upside when I have my next baby I'll be able to work part-time :) and can TTC #3 immediately after :D.

Zilla- Im doing pretty well besides getting ovarian cysts all the time :wacko: I love cloth diapering. I got into it full time when I found out I was pregnant with #2 disposables were just too expensive! Now I havent bought disposables in ages!! Im a cloth addict :haha:

Daddiesgift - Yeah that is very true, I still have about 14-16 Therapy Sessions left so I am hoping that helps, I need to start thinking more positive about myself though because if I can't help myself, no-one can :( Depression is a horrible thing to have to deal with, messes with our emotions so much! I'm hoping the combined medication and therapy will do me some good. I think I would rather live a shorter, happier life to be honest!

Kittylady - Sorry to hear about your PND :hugs:

SophL - Welcome to the thread :hi:

Nevergivingup: So sorry for your losses. It is hard. But thank The Lord for your beautiful boy, I know I do. I certainly hope we have no future problems!! I can't wait to actually try!! Getting OH on board is another issue lol, he is quite content with just one.

Thanks Detterose!!! I def hope next time will go smoothly being that we have to wait. Hey my DH is content w/ our one at the moment as well I don't c how bc I'm doing all the work well as far as I suppose o do.

I'm with you, I'm ready to try too!! 2015 seems so long away...my baby will be going on two AND by time my baby gets here he'll be going on 3. I guess that isn't to bad.

SophL - welcome!

detterose - may I suggest telling DH that the difference between having 1 kid and 2 kids is MUCH smaller than the differencr between 1 kid and 0 kids--you guys have already done the hard part! :)

Nevergivingup - I hope you get lucky with the pull-out method (I always wished for it too, haha!) and that school is going well. I just graduated last summer and it was such a relief to be DONE!

Ex - so sorry you are battling depression honey. I fought depression and anxiety for years, and have tried every med on the planet. I was on 4 at a time once. I hope meds work for you, but truthfully the best therapy for me was cycling. I was able to go off meds totally when I was riding every day, and my mood and sleep issues resolved completely. Is that a possibility for you? I don't exercise much anymore an they have returned, but something about being out in the air just sets everything straight for me. Do you journal at all? Do you have a creative outlet? xoxo

I also hope babydreams, leinz, zilla, melfy, and all the other darlings from this thread are doing okay! xoxo

Nevergivingup: Haha always the way hey. I do all the hard work with my LO as well. I have only been on the pill for a week now and already want to just chuck the damn thing in the bin! It has made me so hormonal and bloated, I may as well be pregnant! At least I know it would be worth it in the end, but the pill, there is no good end result! Just a whole bunch of hormones lol!

Wantsalittle1: Haha soooo very true. Unfortunately he has a good argument at the moment, we are living in a small unit which barely has enough space for our one LO to run around in once he's old enough let alone 2. And I am only working 2 days a week, enough to help pay our bills. So financially, a second baby isn't anywhere in our near future :cry:

Hi girls,

how are you all???

Had more bloods last week - SHBG/progesterone - all normal.
LH/TSH/FSH/Prolactin were all normal too ...
so the only symptom of PCOS is anovulation & the cysts.
no excess hair, or weight, or acne ... nothing.

Not sure if it's PCO and maybe the anovulation is caused by something else?

Been told by the GP to see if anything happens between now and November, and if we're not pregnant, he will refer me to a Gynaecologist for fertility treatment.

How is everyone?
This heat is a killer! x

Zilla, seriously! I'm in Houston and it's awful here--nearly 99F (37.2C) every day!

That's great that your hormones are all normal. This may sound stupid, but can PCOS be temporary? Is there any chance that this is just a short bout of PCOS and that your cycles will become regular/ovulatory in the future and you can return to a normal menstruation pattern?

detter: that's a bummer, I'm so sorry to hear that. Are you guys working toward a bigger place anytime in the future or do you see the financial situation changing soon?

Zilla, seriously! I'm in Houston and it's awful here--nearly 99F (37.2C) every day!

That's great that your hormones are all normal. This may sound stupid, but can PCOS be temporary? Is there any chance that this is just a short bout of PCOS and that your cycles will become regular/ovulatory in the future and you can return to a normal menstruation pattern?

detter: that's a bummer, I'm so sorry to hear that. Are you guys working toward a bigger place anytime in the future or do you see the financial situation changing soon?

Woahh, and I was complaining here that it's 33c! :haha:
I don't think that's a stupid question at all!!
I've had a look on the internet and found this:

"Many cases of PCOS are temporary. More specifically, many cases of so-called PCOS that we see in our clinic can more accurately be described as post-Pill syndrome. Your doctor will not tell you this, but it is a medically recognised fact that it can take up to 2 years for normal ovulation to resume after stopping the Pill."

as the pill and pregnancy are very similar (ish, doesn't the pill mimic pregnancy to prevent ovulation?) maybe that's sort of what I'm having after giving birth? It's really odd that I've got no other symptoms at all.x

If I remember correctly, you didn't have the anovulatory/irregular cycles when trying for your LO, right?

WantsALittle1: We are moving to a bigger place probably end of the year. Financially though, unless we really start to struggle money wise I want to continue only working 2 days a week as I get to spend time with LO more that way. He is only 6 months so I am really not keen on doing anything more then 2 days, I would hate to miss out on anything, you know? Once he is a bit older, I will do a few more days a week, but for now I am enjoying the 2 day break where I get to be a grown up talking to adults and then spending the remaining 5 playing with my baby :D

If I remember correctly, you didn't have the anovulatory/irregular cycles when trying for your LO, right?

Nope, never had any problems with my cycle until now! Although I was on the pill quite a lot which might have masked it. but I fell pregnant with LO 6 weeks after coming off the pill. x

WantsALittle1 - Thank you, Depression and Anxiety is an awful thing to have, my Doctor won't up my meds though as he is frightened that they will give me side effects, he said to just carry on with what I am taking and see if my CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) helps also. Wow, 4 meds at a time! I sadly don't own a bike so can't cycle, don't think I would have the confidence to go out cycling at the moment anyway :( I'm glad to hear that cycling helped you to get over it though, that's great! The only Journal I have is my Parenting Journal, I did enjoy my Arts and Crafts but at the moment, I'm finding it very hard to concentrate on them and if I do get to do something, I feel like a failure because I mess it up :nope: It seems to be one thing after another at the moment though, I told my Doctor about a problem that I had been dealing with since as long as I can remember, I am now booked in to see the Nurse and have my bloods taken to check my hormone levels as he thinks that I may have PCOS, depending on the blood test results, he might have to send me for an ultrasound scan to check my ovaries, I have regular cycles though each month :wacko: xx

Zilla - So glad to hear that your hormones are normal, that's great xx

Ex -- CBT is supposed to be really good! I hope it works for you. Have you ever read Feeling Good by Burns? That book was a life-changer for me. It really was. I couldn't put it down, and I couldn't part with the message once I was finished with it. The main gist of the book is that thoughts lead to emotions, and not the other way around. How we appraise the things that happen to us determines how we feel about them. When we change what we think, the emotions follow. It really did set me free from my thinking patterns, which had become very bleak. I hope you have some relief--it is so great once you get to the other side of depression, and I KNOW you'll get there girl! It sounds like some of this might also be hormonal--do you think so?

WantsALittle1 - I hope so, it's still early days for me though so hopefully by the end of my sessions, I will feel a lot better! I can't say I have read that no, sounds like it is a very good read though, I might have to look into getting that book! Yeah I think it could be down to hormones too hun, I guess we will soon find out once I have my blood tests. Thank you very much, I am determined to beat this! :hugs: :flower:

Thought I would poke my nose in here to say I'm Pregnant. It took 4 cycles, so not to long at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->