• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone just had a baby and WTT, NTNP, or TTC?

Leinz - Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower: :happydance:

Leinz - I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs:

Ex - did you find out about PCOS? Hope all is ok with you.

Wantsalittle1 - It's going ok. (ish).
Almost at 11 months PP & have only had one provera induced AF & had a natural AF a few weeks ago but then had random spotting, which makes it almost CD40. So no idea if my cycles are settling down or if the AF/spotting was a one off.
Almost at 8 months of TTC now .. because of PCOS my GP wanted to see me in November if nothing had happened so he could refer us but I don't think I can face it right now to be honest.
OHs sister announced yesterday that she's pregnant, so that stung a little bit.
Even when you have sex at the right time of the month & you're ovulating .. each cycle gives only 25% chance of pregnancy. So what chance is there when I've O'd (I think) once in 10 months!

How are you??? x

Zilla what a bummer. I'm so sorry about the difficult news of OH's sister getting pregnant and about how wacky your cycles are behaving. My cousin had a surprise pregnancy while on the pill when she was 19 years old and assumed that further children would be easy to conceive. Little did she know that she had an arduous journey ahead of her, as her next kiddo did not come quickly. That is when she got her PCOS diagnosis. Her 3rd took 2 years and her 4th took 4 years. Her shortest TTC period, for her second son, was 9 months. What made things go more quickly for her was Clomid, trigger shots, and IUI, so I don't know if you're open to these options though you did mention that you could get a referral in November...

I know it must be hard to think about going down that road but with PCOS it may be necessary to face the frustrations of assisted conception. I can't remember if I mentioned it before but could you ask your doctor about Vitex? It's supposed to help regulate cycles and ovulation.

One more anecdote about my cousin with PCOS. After 4 years of trying for her 4th with all kinds of meds, etc., she had a family Disneyland trip scheduled. Tired of the nausea and fatigue from the drugs, she stopped taking them and went on rollercoasters, ate junk food and did all the bad stuff, and only BDed once. Her daughter popped out 37 weeks later :)

Hi ladies :flower:. Don't mean to crash your thread but I may be nipping in and out of here ever so often as it refers to me :).

My DD is 11 months old, she's a star :cloud9:. Me and husband thinking of waiting till end of 2014/beg 2015 till we try for #2. It however took us 2 years to conceive Reimi (an had two losses in that time) so not sure what im walking into with the next TTC.

Just wanted to say Hi, and wish you all the best with your TTC :thumbup:

*Sorry for your early loss Leinz :hugs:*

xx

Welcome, Inoue! I was WTT when I joined this thread, but thinking about TTC made me quickly upgrade to NTNP, which for me meant I was basically trying. Haha. We had a misdiagnosed chemical that turned into a sticky bean, so we are grateful for that.

I think being in a community of ladies who think and talk about babies all the time tends to accelerate us toward TTCing. I tried so hard to stay WTT but really didn't last for long! :)

Sorry for your two losses and the long TTC journey you had. I hope next time around, it is quick!

^^ Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Yeh, I can kind of see this thread will speed up my TTC date :haha:. I must however stay strong and wait till Reimi is over 2, I don't think I could manage if the spacing was any closer.

Guess I can keep following you guys and cheer you on from the side lines :happydance:

xx

I will tell you that it is very hard to be 2nd trimester pregnant with a young toddler. I throw my back out every couple of days, and the internet tells you that as a pregnant woman you should "make sure you get lots of rest!" Haha. I'm 26 weeks and I had contractions and lost part of my mucus plug last night after lifting DD for a dance. My body simply cannot handle this!

I think you're wise to wait a little bit, especially if you tend to have rough pregnancies like I do :)

Oh my! I always wonder how they say "get plenty of rest" when you have a toddler to keep entertained :wacko:. Our pregnancies sound right on track, I lost part of my mucus plug with Reimi at that gestation, I was freaking out but hospital couldn't care less :haha: I did reach term +1 just to give you the positive side :winkwink:. x

Oooh that helps a lot for me to know! I was freaking out about the plug (seeing my OB tomorrow about it) because having one preemie is enough for me for this entire lifetime. I want to be able to leave the hospital with a baby in my arms this time around!

Oh heck, no you defiantly don't want another preemie, not that I've experienced it before but I couldn't imagine leaving LO in hospital while they 'expect' you to get on with normal life. Hope the OB puts your mind at ease tomorrow - all the best :hugs: xx

Zilla - I did get tested for PCOS but my results all came back normal.

I'm sorry to hear about your OH's Sisters news, I know how horrible it must feel for you :hugs: <3

Inoue - Welcome to the thread :wave:

Hi ladies! :wave:

I know this thread has been going for awhile but it caught my eye. DH and I have a beautiful 4.5 month old baby girl and are planning on trying for another baby after next summer. My concerns are that I have PCOS (our little girl is a clomid baby) and that I plan on BF'ing until June when she's 1 year. I'm worried my body will be out of whack for awhile after BF'ing. We're using barrier methods for the time being, but I also chart and no sign of ovulation (though I know that's expected with BF'ing).

Anybody have any experiences they'd like to share?;)

Wants a little 1 ~ how did you get on with the OB? Everything ok? :/

Welcome to the thread Biotechchick! :happydance:. Im a new peep here aswel, but welcome all the same :D. No experience with PCOS so unable to help im afraid, hopefully someone else can help you.

Thanks for the warm welcome Excalibur :)

xx

Inoue: Everything went well. OB approved my plan to do a C-section if LO is more than 8 lb, and to try for the VBAC if he comes out naturally (I can't be induced) and is less than 8 lb. She said the mucus plug will re-generate, but she's pretty sure that's what it was. Unfortunately nothing further can be done about the back and leg pain, but she said there may be hope of bring LO out between 37-39 weeks because of his size and because of my anxiety about cord issues after what happened to DD. So there is some hope!

Biotechick: Welcome! I don't have any personal experience with PCOS, but my cousin has struggled with it for years. She has four beautiful kiddos but each one took quite some time to conceive. She has been BFing her daughter for 20 months now, with no sign of AF. She only BFs a few times a day, but still hasn't returned to her (semi) regular ovulation patterns. Have you heard of Vitex?

Glad that everything went ok (as much as it could of anyway). How much did your DD weigh? If your lad is a fair size now then maybe over 8lbs is possible. Do you have a preference for either option or you happy to just go with the flow? x

Inoue: DD was 4lb 3oz at 31+3, which is large for that gestational age. LO is 93rd percentile weight, which puts him on track to be 10+ lbs, just like his daddy and uncle were :)

Ex: Though people count it at different times, I noticed you're pretty much 2nd tri! Congratulations! (I count 2nd tri at 13.33 weeks = 13w2.5d)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->