• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone just had a baby and WTT, NTNP, or TTC?

WantsALittle1 - Thank you ever so much! Happy 27 weeks to you too :happydance: I count 13 weeks as the 2nd Tri so in my eyes, I'm already there hehe :blush:

Yay! You totally are. A mom's definition of trimester changeovers completely trumps anyone else's definitions haha :)

Off to the GP today - he said to go back End of Oct/early Nov.
Wonder what'll be in store now.

Hopefully Clomid will be something that they're willing to give me a go with.

Ordered some ICs online that arrived this morning - obv as my cycles are irregular I test occasionally just to see as I won't be "late" ... surprise surprise, BFN.

I hope all is well with you?? Not long till Xmas!
I've been a massive kid & have completely decked my house out with Halloween stuff. Don't usually do it but I'm so excited this year for it to be LOs first.
His little friend is coming round for Scooby Doo, pumpkin carving and festive treats:devil:

That's wonderful about Halloween and all the cheer you've surrounded yourself with, but not so wonderful about SIL. I take it she is aware that you are facing fertility challenges? If so, that is very insensitive to be texting you about her pregnancy symptoms. I guess some people are not aware of how deeply it can affect a person with fertility issues to hear of a pregnancy when they've been trying, but some people are definitely aware and can't resist their urge to brag. Can you give her a little wake-up call and tell her that it really hurts to hear about PG symptoms right now? Or at least give her a particularly heart-wrenching story of a recent test you took and how disappointed you were when it was BFN, and like... hope she takes a hint?

Went to the doctors .. and it'll be another 4-5 months before referral (so probably another 5-6 months before we're seen and another 6-7 months until we would get Clomid if they give us it) ...
They're putting me on the pill for 3 months to try and kick start my system????!!!! Which I don't know if it'll work as Provera does pretty much the same thing and didn't work for me.
Then they want to try Metformin for a couple of months before referring me.
The doctor actually told me that the fertility clinic won't be that inclined to help as we've already got DS1.
xx

Ugh, how frustrating. You may have to be really, really blunt with her. Or maybe stop responding to her baby-related texts?

I can't believe they are putting you on the pill. That seems like the FURTHEST thing from a solution, and IMO it will just make it that much harder to conceive. Even among women who don't have PCOS, it can be 6 months after coming off the pill before they can conceive!

What about Vitex? It's natural and supposed to help make things more regular. I've never taken it but have read forum posts about it. A friend of mine took it post-conception (no trouble conceiving, but trouble sustaining pregnancies) after suffering 2 m/c and went on to have a healthy baby girl. It is supposed to be a natural progesterone regulator that helps luteal phase defects and overall hormone levels.

https://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/8369008/reload=0;jsessionid=WjOTa1ylkyg5dPbs5y6z.48
https://www.mypcos.info/1/treatments/natural/vitex/

I can't believe they are putting you on the pill. That seems like the FURTHEST thing from a solution, and IMO it will just make it that much harder to conceive. Even among women who don't have PCOS, it can be 6 months after coming off the pill before they can conceive!

What about Vitex? It's natural and supposed to help make things more regular. I've never taken it but have read forum posts about it. A friend of mine took it post-conception (no trouble conceiving, but trouble sustaining pregnancies) after suffering 2 m/c and went on to have a healthy baby girl. It is supposed to be a natural progesterone regulator that helps luteal phase defects and overall hormone levels.

https://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/8369008/reload=0;jsessionid=WjOTa1ylkyg5dPbs5y6z.48
https://www.mypcos.info/1/treatments/natural/vitex/

That's what I thought. Am I still classed as "TTC" if I'm on the pill with the aim of it getting me pregnant at the end..? I don't understand it. It's annoying too that I know now that I'm not going to have a "little surprise" in the next few months. Which was really unlikely anyway, but still ... I can fantasize, right?

I'll have a read into Vitex, thanks :)
Been reading about Metformin and according to studies, it is little more effective than a placebo.
Plus it's generally prescribed to those with PCOS with a BMI of 25+, mine is 21, so I haven't got a clue!

Ah hun, Zilla... I hope it happens for you soon and you won't need a referral. How insensitive of your sister. :hugs:

ladiess...!
I got a little surprise! (actually, let's call that "LITTLE SHOCK"!!!)
somehow, even after BDing twice this "cycle", (50 day long cycle too) ...
As I don't come on, I test every few weeks anyway so when my ICs arrived this week I got a faint BFP but didn't get too excited as I've had false positives on them before.
Did 2 more this morning & a darker line appeared,did a FRER & BFP! Then did a CBD which gave 1-2 so I'm around 3-4 weeks!
In complete and utter shock!
but v. happy too. :)

Zilla - YAY Congratulations!!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! :happydance: :yipee:

Zilla, oh my gosh, congratulations on your :bfp:!!!! Now you can tell 'em to put those birth control pills where the sun don't shine :)

Yay!!! Congrats Zilla! That is wonderful and amazing! Have a H&H 9 months! :wohoo:

Wow!!!! Congrats Zilla! Didn't expect that from your posts one page back :haha:. So pleased for you, happy & healthy 9 months :happydance:

xxx

early MC here unfortunately.
Hopefully though I should be able to try again in a few months, at least I know now that it's possible ... x

Zilla, I am so sorry, how horrible. After all you've been through sweetie. <3 <3 <3

Are you going to do what your doctor suggested with the BC pills and all that, or is this evidence enough for him/her to allow you to continue with what you've been doing?

Just wanted to note that my friend who took the Vitex had recurrent early m/c with low progesterone measurements and Vitex seemed to help with the PG that finally stuck. I know many hormones can be affected by PCOS and that my cousin had to take progesterone too to get her beans to stick. I know it's still so soon but wanted to put that out there as food for thought.

Much love darling.

Zilla - I am so sorry to hear of your loss, thinking of you hunni :hugs: <3

Hope you don't mind me popping in!

Sorry, Zilla :-( but If it helps at all, I ttc for 3 crazy-cycled years with no luck, went on BCP for 2 months, and got my bfp the first cycle. So it's not too crazy of an idea!

Ok, I'll scoot on my way now :)

Zilla: Ahhh hun! I hate hearing this. :hugs: I don't know how you can wait. I surely can't. Having joy and then it being gone just sucks. I'm sorry.

Zilla - im so sorry sweetie :cry:.

I was the same as girl in boots. I had two m/c's, then went on the pill for 2 cycles, then stopped and got preg the month later (resulted in DD). I don't really know how it works doing that, it seems like your taking a step backwards but it worked for me :wacko:.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->