Anyone just had a baby and WTT, NTNP, or TTC?

Zilla: I'd say BD! BD! BD!

Wantsalittleone: AWWWWEEEE Alexander! :)

Ex: Love the name Jayden! I know one in RL! :)

AFM: I'm loving all the blue in this thread! :) x

Does anyone know if being ill in bed and probably a little dehydrated can affect the result of an OPK? Had a + today (it's on another thread if you want to take a peek!), but not sure if it's because I'm ill. x

Zilla from what I can tell from some cursory Googling, the illness would not affect the result but the dehydration might. In order for illness to affect the LH amount in your blood, you'd have to have some sort of illness that was messing with your pituitary gland, or be taking some kind of medication that can cause LH surges (like Clomid). A cold/flu shouldn't affect your pituitary.

Dehydration, however, would tend to concentrate your urine and may make it appear as though the LH amount is higher than it actually is. This dilution/concentration effect is why (I assume) they advise that you don't drink large amounts of fluids before taking the test :)

Hope this helps!

Leinz - Aww thank you very much :D I don't hear the name Jayden very often around here :)

Hello lovely ladies! Must find time to catch up with all your news. It looks like it had been a busy Christmas all round. We're still in the NTNP boat but yet to see AF since DD was born over a year ago. Guess it wasn't meant to be just yet. Right going to put the kettle on and read! xxx

I haven't been on in ages!! Congratulations to all of the newly pregnant mamas. We are still WTT...hubby has decided he isn't "sure" he wants another anytime soon. He would wait 3-4 years if I let him. I am hoping we are at least TTC within one year :)

Hi :) my little one is 9 months and we will be TTC from September, though I am still breastfeeding and my period is AWOL, so hopefully it'll come back by then! Before I had a child I wanted bigger gaps between babies, then I realised how awesome it is! Plus it took us a while to get pregnant last time as I have PCOS. I know that the time between now and September will fly by. First time around WTT just dragged on, but life is so busy now...

Welcome, kintenda!

Totally agree that things seem to fly by when you've got a kiddo already! Weeks seem to disappear without a trace, as compared to a first pregnancy, which draggggggssss...

Hi ladies! I'd like to join this thread, I'm wtt and have a two year old daughter and a two almost three week old little boy...with one loss in between them at 12 weeks.

Hubby and I would like to try for another next Christmas. Loving being a mummy of two, my daughter is so sweet and loving to her little brother. I'm EBF so I'd like to wit the twelve months before we start trying so my spoky doesn't dry up, when I fell pregnant before this pregnancy (dd was almost 6 months) my supply dried up almost immediately. I'd also like to shift about 25lbs and get back into decent shape. :)

Ds is a lovely, calm baby, just like dd was...they both are so similar. We love the age gap of two years so far. There's actually two years and one week between them...we hope for a similar if slightly less of agap between the next baby and our ds.

Welcome Sweedot and congratulations on your new arrival! My supply also disappeared as soon as I got pregnant with this little guy (I was 9 months PP) so I can understand wanting to wait the full year to be safe.

It was really sad, but frankly I was happy to let my dry-up happen because I was scared somehow that continuing to pump while pregnant would cause contractions that would make me m/c. I know that's a silly worry but I was pretty scared :/

Congrats Sweedot!

hope you're all well ...
, what's new with everyone? :)

Congrats Sweedot!

hope you're all well ...

Hi Zilla, hope you're well too!

Well I went in today for my NST and had loads of long (2-3 minutes EACH!) contractions, but LO was responding well to them. I'm 50% effaced and 1 cm and my OB could touch baby's scalp. 5 days ago I was 0% effaced and only a fingertip dilated at the cervical opening. Hoping that labor starts soon, because this irritable uterus thing is torture. I spend 6-8 hours a day contracting painfully (no painkiller will touch it) and these awful contractions have been producing virtually no cervical change. It's been going on since 34+3 so I'm hoping that since things have finally begun to change, the end of the daily pain in sight.

Sending frosty love to everyone from Texas--it's been in the upper 20s here for the last 3 days. I know that's nothing compared to the cold that some of you must be enduring, but it's been quite unpleasant as it's SUPER dry and windy too!

Congrats Sweedot!

hope you're all well ...

Hi Zilla, hope you're well too!

Well I went in today for my NST and had loads of long (2-3 minutes EACH!) contractions, but LO was responding well to them. I'm 50% effaced and 1 cm and my OB could touch baby's scalp. 5 days ago I was 0% effaced and only a fingertip dilated at the cervical opening. Hoping that labor starts soon, because this irritable uterus thing is torture. I spend 6-8 hours a day contracting painfully (no painkiller will touch it) and these awful contractions have been producing virtually no cervical change. It's been going on since 34+3 so I'm hoping that since things have finally begun to change, the end of the daily pain in sight.

Sending frosty love to everyone from Texas--it's been in the upper 20s here for the last 3 days. I know that's nothing compared to the cold that some of you must be enduring, but it's been quite unpleasant as it's SUPER dry and windy too!

That's good that LO responded well! - Hopefully you'll be meeting LO#2 very very soon, eee I'm so excited for you! They don't do that here in the UK, I had to google what it was! x

It's supposed to snow here next week, it's been so rainy this week - we've got a drainage ditch opposite our house and it's flooded so much that we now have ducks living outside - they're so noisy though lol!

As for me ... haven't got a clue what's been going on.
Haven't had ANYTHING since CP in November, thought I had a +OPK 10 days ago but I'm not 100%, thought I had a +HPT last Friday (but then I had 3BFNs that day and 1BFN the day after, first + test was an IC and tested a couple hours later with FRER and it was BFN so think the IC had a dye run or something...)

But then yesterday I thought I was getting AF ... had weird pinky/brown CM for like a couple hours ... could only see it when I checked my CM & not on the TP or anything, but then this morning there's nothing there??
So no idea what that could have been. Maybe the +OPK was accurate & it's IB?
Has anyone had IB?

Well. I'm three weeks pp now and suffering horribly with haemorrhoids...blah...they re terrible and I am always a,aged that they only ever come up a week or so pp...otherwise I never have issues with the,. Not during pregnancy, birth..and I only pushed for five minutes, lol. Anyway, despite the pain and discomfort of recovery, I a, already incredibly broody for a third baby. Its nuts...it must be the hormones.

Well. I'm three weeks pp now and suffering horribly with haemorrhoids...blah...they re terrible and I am always a,aged that they only ever come up a week or so pp...otherwise I never have issues with the,. Not during pregnancy, birth..and I only pushed for five minutes, lol. Anyway, despite the pain and discomfort of recovery, I a, already incredibly broody for a third baby. Its nuts...it must be the hormones.

Totally understand that feeling, and it's totally not nuts! With every day older that LO gets you start to miss the last stage that they were at (even if that last stage was pregnancy), and then you start thinking about another one so you can go through all those joys again :) It's just love! The best thing in the world!

That's good that LO responded well! - Hopefully you'll be meeting LO#2 very very soon, eee I'm so excited for you! They don't do that here in the UK, I had to google what it was! x

It's supposed to snow here next week, it's been so rainy this week - we've got a drainage ditch opposite our house and it's flooded so much that we now have ducks living outside - they're so noisy though lol!

As for me ... haven't got a clue what's been going on.
Haven't had ANYTHING since CP in November, thought I had a +OPK 10 days ago but I'm not 100%, thought I had a +HPT last Friday (but then I had 3BFNs that day and 1BFN the day after, first + test was an IC and tested a couple hours later with FRER and it was BFN so think the IC had a dye run or something...)

But then yesterday I thought I was getting AF ... had weird pinky/brown CM for like a couple hours ... could only see it when I checked my CM & not on the TP or anything, but then this morning there's nothing there??
So no idea what that could have been. Maybe the +OPK was accurate & it's IB?
Has anyone had IB?

In my personal experience ICs were far more sensitive than FRERs. I picked up my BFP with this pregnancy on an IC 3 days before my FRER went positive.

No experience with IB, sorry I can't help there hon :(

Apparently feeling broody straight away is some instinct or something ..I was reading it on another thread earlier!

Can't wait for my ICs/FRERs to get delivered tomorrow, hopefully then I'll have some answers lol!

It has to be instinctual because I felt the same way after dd was born, I was counting down the days until we could try again. I did fall pregnant when dd was 6 months old but we miscarried that baby three months along and it was devastating and I do wonder if we tried too soon, perhaps my body hadn't recovered and then we decided to wait and we then had a surprise bfp the week of the due date of the baby we lost, which felt like it was meant to be. Although I am dying to add to our family, I really would loe a large family, I know waiting is definitely right for us. My body has been through the ringer with this pregnancy and I'm still no where her recovered enough even to Dtd right now. Luckily being bus with a toddler and a baby will make the time go quickly.

The time goes... WAY TO QUICK!!! Wednesday, I will wake up with 2 toddlers!!! It all happened way to fast.

Zilla: I hope you have a bean sticking! Rooting for your BFP!

Wantsalittle1: YAYAYAYAY! I hope we aren't going to hear from you for a few days! :)

Leinz: It was a stupid dye run :( but thinking the spotting was a very very light AF .. not sure what to expect this month!
How are you?

Wantsalittle1: can't wait for an update!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->