Anyone Just Past EDD Want to Wait Out Labor Together?

Still getting irregular contractions but just feel like a fraud as they have not increased in pressure or time at all. I would almost rather have nothing! Thought I had a bit of a show earlier too, but was on the loo so couldn't really tell. I wouldn't mind waiting so much but my little one is getting restless- luckily we are at my Mum's so I can disappear home at any time if they pick up. Husband is putting up the birth pool right now. Fingers crossed it will all happen in the next 24 hours. So excited now!

Oohhh fingers crossed Lillian! Hope it starts to ramp up for you hun!

Gah! I just want ONE contraction even, to know what they feel like. Lol. I mean I want the whole experience but beggars can't be choosers :)

Gah! I just want ONE contraction even, to know what they feel like. Lol. I mean I want the whole experience but beggars can't be choosers :)

ME TOO! I can't believe I really and truly haven't had 1 single sign! Like, nothing nothing! Trying to stay patient but it is getting harder every day!

Right?? Every day I have at least a moment where I'm like "YES, it's gonna be soon!" and I get all optimistic, lol. Then another night goes by where I don't soak the bed or get a contraction and I wake up feeling disappointed. It's the opposite of being in the TWW and praying that I don't wake up to a new fluid :haha: But it does weirdly remind me of that anxious disappointment of the TWW and all the times I didn't get pregnant. I never knew that so many women don't go into labor on their own!! I thought I was the only weirdo who wanted to have that experience and go through all of it. Definitely not the case! :) Tawn do you have an induction date? If my dr doesn't agree to let me go to 42w I'm going to try to compromise with 41.5 so that I don't get induced on my mom's bday, this Friday.

Good luck Lillian it all sounds promising !!!! How exciting and hope you get to use the birthing pool soon as we don't want all that work putting it up going to waste ha ha xxx

Soooo.
I have had my 2nd sweep today.
I am so excited to report that it was favourable..... :happydance:
My cervix was 2-3cm dilated and was described as "soft".
Now I am experiencing lower back cramps so I really hope things will move along :winkwink:

I have another sweep booked for Wed in case things stall...

The other good news is that midwife has cedonfirmed that if I do have to have an induction, there will be no difficulty in breaking my waters as cervix is dilated. So I am more positive now about likelihood of a natural labour (hopefully no syntocin or EMCS)

Will keep you updated...

Good luck to everyone...

My induction is booked in for Sunday May 5th at 8:30am if baby girl doesn't make her appearance before then. So that puts me at 12 days overdue, which is standard practice at my hospital. Really hoping to pop before then though!!

I know what you mean about it being the second TWW!!! I am trying so hard not to obsess over it (just like during the TWW when trying to conceive) but each day I go to bed wondering if things will kick off in my sleep and wake up realizing NOPE! Not yet! :dohh:

OHHH just saw your post candycurls! That is GREAT news! So happy for you hun! I have a feeling we are going to be having some babies making their appearances tonight/tomorrow!!!!!!

Did you have any indication that anything had changed since your last sweep hun? Cause if I recall, you had an unsuccessful one last Friday right? Just praying you can give me some hope for my 2nd attempt on Wednesday cause I don't feel like my cervix is going to be favourable at all again!

Great news, candycurls!!! Sounds very promising :thumbup: Keep us posted!!

Tawn, 12 days seems pretty generous! I know it's 'standard' to allow women to go over 2 weeks but many places in the US don't go along with that. A friend of mine was scheduled for induction at 13 days overdue and went into labor the morning of naturally, so you never know! Still, long time to wait! I was positive I'd have an April baby.

Tawn, I think you'll be in labour before then! One minute you feel normal (ish) and the next, you get an ooohh that was a bit more than a braxton hicks- came on last night for me just by magic.

Candycurls, our babies may be born on the same day? I'm thinking tomorrow is the big day! more frequent contractions now for me. Gosh, i hope it is tonight!

Husband came up to my Mum's but confessed hew never put the pool up at home. He may be doing it in the middle of the night though - we shall see :) I'm a bit anxious about getting home now, so maybe that's a sign? he has taken my daughter to see his mum and dad- hope he comes back to take me home soon.

Looks like a few of us (not me lol) are about to pop!!! Good luck ladies and keep us posted!!!

Sounds like some babies are imminent!

Still nothing for me, 40+5 today and first sweep booked for 11am tomorrow.

Good luck for tonight all!

Okay so I may have been ygetting a bit over excited.
Yes I did experience some proper cramping before but feel better now post paracetamol.
Now just dull ache in my pelvis but can function through it.
So not necessarily expecting thing to progress over next few hrs- will see where I am tomorrow...
Tawn - even an unfavourable sweep primes you for next sweep so you may have a much better result on wed. I would try and book another for Friday if I were you just in case..

Fx for you my love..
And thinking of everyone else too.
:hugs:

I hope you are right Lillian! Plus, I think it will be sod's law that your DH didn't get the pool set up--deffo means you are gonna pop tonight :)

Thanks candycurls! She didn't even sweep at all last week, just said she wouldn't try because cervix too posterior! But I have a different m/w on wednesday so really hoping that cervix is more favorable!

And just because the paracetamol is helping doesn't mean that tonight is not the night! It could just be the very start of your big night! Maybe rest a little now just in case you are really getting contractions hard throughout the night and can't sleep?

Maureen, good luck at your sweep tomorrow, make sure to update us after!

I hope we get a whole slew of overdue babies born tonight!

Midwife is coming to my home assess me and now I'm really worried I'm wasting her time. fingers crossed I'm not! Can still talk through contractions so I can't be that far along. Will soon see. xx

three days over due and feeling like i'm going mad! Ive tried a hot curry, sex, walking for hours, and bouncing up and down on my exercise ball. feel like i'm going to be pregnant forever :cry:

Hey all, sounds like a few of you are showing some good signs of baby showing up soon! Great news! Good luck to everyone that there'll be plenty more positive signs (& some babies!) soon!
I'm 40+4 and had a sweep today. Cervix was still long and thick so midwife thinks its unlikely sweep will work this time which has made me pretty down :-( but she did say there's no real way of telling... That sometimes she'll be sure it'll never work & the lady goes into labour, other times she'll be convinced it'll work & nothing... Soooo still got my fingers crossed - you never know! Got another ysweep on Thursday then, assuming this one is unsuccessful...

Well! Looks like it's induction for me unless something magical happens within the next 24 hrs. I'm reposting the update I put in my journal:

Well I saw the doc and she wasn't as pushy as I expected but did seem to have good reasons behind her suggestion. She said she does NOT like to induce people but also doesn't prefer that they go over 41 weeks because the quality of the placenta decreases and amniotic fluid can start to get low. I had lost weight this time so she wanted to do a u/s to make sure Frances was OK. She measured my fluid and said it is getting lower and showed me my placenta which is starting to get calcified. She said I could wait through the weekend but that it made her nervous and that if it were up to her I'd come in tonight, tomorrow, or Wednesday. She did say they would likely start with a vaginal pill that opens the cervix, and that this usually gets labor started. I had told her that I'd wanted to avoid induction because I don't really want the epidural etc. She said if the pills work the contractions aren't as intense and it's just a kick-off for labor, and that if they don't they'd move on to pitocin. As far as c-section risk, the very rough estimate/measurement from the u/s showed her at 8lbs 10oz ........so if I wait another week to a week and a half I may be doing the c section anyway!! I am bummed that things haven't started on their own but I also want what's best for her and waiting that much longer is starting to feel silly. If I want to avoid having her on my mom's birthday I need to go in tomorrow at some point. She suggested the AM but if I can wait until the afternoon it's just that much longer to give nature a chance!! Wishful thinking maybe. She did do a sweep and said I'm a "tight 2cm" so things have progressed but slowly. The sweep was quite quite uncomfortable--kind of painful--but I suppose it's supposed to be if it works! I am praying that something happens overnight. I will talk more with DH but I imagine he'll want to do the practical thing, too, and schedule the induction for the next few days. It is nuts to think that she could be here so soon!! Even though I'm overdue already, lol.

Lillian and candycurls sounds very promising!!! Fx for you!

Wow, hope everything goes well for you Lauren!

At this rate I am 99% sure I am going to be the last preggo on this thread! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->