• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone testing around 24th Jan?

I called and talked to the nurse I met with yesterday. They're going to take the bloodwork I had done yesterday and 'test it for pregnancy.' This will essentially tell me if my levels are in line to where they should be. I can then decide if I want another round down to see if my levels are rising. The nurse told me that they simply don't do any bloodwork unless it's specifically requested. I think that's really a crock of $#!+ especially for someone who just had a miscarriage. I know the bloodwork won't stop anything, but it will at least tell me what direction things are going in. Oy.

Kerry do you have family doctor or maternity doctor? They will be able to order the beta HCG for you.

My family doctor will point me towards the place I'm already going. They are hands off when it comes to Obstetrics. I'm at the best place I can be at the moment. I guess I just need to keep on them and be sure I speak up when I don't agree with something...I just don't think of things until after the fact after I've had time to stew

Hey everyone.

KT - Do you have any news on the blood work yet? Im praying for good news for you xx
I googled a photo of your dog and he is divine!

Krippy - Your dogs sound gorgeous too! I love the sound of the schnauzer mix - I nearly bought a schnauzer myself before I went for my little yorkie terrier! How are you feeling today? How are you feeling on your meds?

Sarena - How are you doing? Are you in your TWW yet? Any symptoms?

Tanzi and LJane - how are you both getting on this month?

Hey All,

KTJ best of luck with test results-well done for getting tests requested etc. its a tough enough time for you without you having to tell medical professionals what tests they should be doing! Still can't believe they don't do it unless on request!! has the spotting finished?

MrsMauri-think i have ovulated now-ran out of testing sticks so don't know for sure, but got some cramps yesterday. did not get to :sex:. for past couple of days but did over the weekend so hoping :spermy: made it to the location in time and alive for egg releasing event! not going to think about it so much this month, or get those early pregnancy tests. i've decided to let tender breasts be my indicator-it was my earliest symptom last time i was pregnant. if i don't get :witch: then i'll get excited, otherwise its just another month of bedroom fun.:cloud9:

Krippy-how can you tell if you have thyroid problems? did you get any symptoms?

Tanzi-silly question:wacko:, what is clomid? what does it do?

I am feeling tired but good. I don't think my meds have kicked in yet but who knows my symptoms weren't super bad to begin with so...As for symptoms Sarena it depends on whether your thyroid is over or under active and I have had both in the last 4 months. Over active you lose a lot of weight, you are hot and sweaty, you have tremors, heart palpitations, muscle weakness, hair won't hold curl. Under active you gain or have trouble losing weight, you are cold, extreme fatigue, dry skin and hair. The only real way to know is to have our thyroid checked. All of my thyroid problems were brought on by pregnancy. I had post partum thyroidits after RJ was born and now I have an auto-immune disorder called Hashimoto's disease. Hope that is what you were asking!

As for my dogs Mrs. Mauri...they are cute and fun but...The schnauzer mix is super cute and still a puppy so a lot of work to be done still. We just got him about 4 weeks ago and he is a street dog from LA so we have some behavioural issues to work out. He is a submissive pee-er so pretty hard to give him heck unless you want piddle on your floor and he is not liking the cold weather and snow because he isn't used to it. So getting him to go outside for his morning and night time pee have been difficult. He also had decided to start eating poop...oh joy! Lol!

How are you doing today Kerry? Thinking of you and your bean!

HA! Eating poop...my dog eats rabbit poop that's out in the yard. It's SOOOOOO disgusting!!! Drives me absolutely nuts. Is he eating his own poop? I've heard of things you can put in a dogs food to prevent that...can't remember...will have to google it!

Things are ok here - no word from the doctor and I'm not expecting to hear anything until tomorrow. I am SO exhausted and my stomach has been crummy feeling all day. Nothing food-wise is appealing to me. My DH is in night class again tonight until 10:30p, so it's just me and the DD. I really want to just go to bed! The spotting has seemed to be non-existant today. Just the typical discharge but a bit heavier. Here's hoping all that's good news.

Sneaking out of work early...hope to come back on later and catch up with you all!! xxx

Hi all hope u all doing ok. Not being able to look thru posts but will try tomorrow and catch up.
Bad last week or so. Thats why not been on for a while. Flu'd up for one. Brought on I think by stress of my redundancy as it appears to be happening more for personal reasons than anything which is really making me mad and stressing me out. Face doesn't fit so being restructured out. Someone suggested to me that after the MC in nov/dec that my boss has realised that Getting pg is most forefront of my priorities and now doesn't want to have to cover any time off I might be requiring at some point in the future for maternity. Of course I can't prove it but knowing my boss, even her being female, this is most probable. I got stressed last night that I almost had a panic attack. Its more the thought of having to find another job than losing this one. Reason being is for the last 20 years I've only ever worked here. Feel slightly more settled tonight.
Still no sign of AF. Not done pg test again as did not want depress myself anymore on top of everything. Might book in with doc next week if no sign of anything. Don't think I'm pg as my boobs feel normal.

Anyway thanks for letting me rant. And I'll catch up with everyone tomoz hopefully when I'm on pc not phone and it's easier to read thru everything :)

Hugs to all :) xxx

Hi everyone :wave:

KT - Im glad to hear the spotting has eased up a bit - I hope you've heard back from the Doctors today and have got some good news x.

Krippy - the eating poop must definitely be a dog thing, because my little yorkie cant get enough of sheep droppings!! One time a farmer told me it was good for them to eat it and it was full of goodness... Hmmmm I am dubious on whether he was serious about this! Haha. Anyway, when I catch him trying to snack on it I drag him away because I'm not going to risk it!

Sarena - I wish I had your attitude and will power! I just went to the shop today and bought another early response test... Im now just ticking off the days until I am within the time scale of being able to use it! I know I should just wait for AF and stop wasting my money!

LJane - Is there any way you can get proof that this is the real reason they are trying to push you out of your job - because Im sure its against the law? Are you in a union or anything, as they may be able to offer you some free advice on the matter?

As for me - Im on cycle day 19 today according to the CBFM. I reckon Im 4-5 days past O - I was initially feeling good about it, but I'm a bit more deflated today. I never catch that egg and don't feel like this month is going to be any different :dohh:

Hi All,

LJane-Really sorry to hear about your employment situation. It sounds grossly unfair-after giving them 20 years service!!! i can't imagine how stressful it must be. Heres hoping that you get a new job with better management, and icing on the cake being that you are already pregnant. Working with a manager like you described sounds quite toxic anyway, so it might work out for the best in the long run. Can your partner support both of you for a while? will you be eligible for some unemployment benefit?

Krippy, thanks for the explanations. I've been very tired and gained weight since MC but not sure if its just my own doing. am a comfort eater. would love to one of those people who can't eat when stressed. Very tempted to get it tested anyway or anaemia as my :witch: has been like niagara falls. have been eating healthy and exercise and supplements and still tired. Sounds like you have been experiencing a rollercoaster going from over to underactive thyroid. hope meds work their magic fast.

Mrs. Mauri-never caught an egg so far....rather like the lotto-if you're not in you can't win. this might be our lucky month! I had a deflating day myself, found out someone i know is pregnant-isn't everyone these days?!!! Happy for them, but it took the spring out of my step. should have been over 6 months now, with a belly like Buddha. most days mc is forgotten about or at least put to back of mind, but some days it just gets me down.

KT-best of luck with results. hope work is not too crazy.

Looking forward to weekend already. might sleep for all of it!

Sarena...You should def get your thyroid checked. Anemia and the crazy periods are symptoms to of thyroid problems so get your butt in the get checked for sure!

Kerry...So glad you are feeling better and the bleeding has slowed. I have a great feeling about you and your bean girl! Stay positive and take care of yourself! You are carrying a miracle inside of you!

MrsMauri... I try to be around when they are outside but that is why I have a fenced, big back yard is so they can go outside on their own and I don`t have to worry about them. Oh well as long as he isn`t getting sick I am going to try and ignore it and start feeding him some bananas and veggies to see if that helps wean him off the poo. Thinking maybe he thinks something is missing...going to try and add pineapple juice to both of the dog food bc that isn`t supposed to taste good on the other end. lol. Hopefully it isn`t some random cat or something coming into our yard and pooing bc I def. can`t do anything about that! Sorry you missed your O date and I hope that your CBFM works for you. I have heard horror stories and success stories! So different for everyone!

Hugs to you all....almost Friday already! The weeks are just flying by!

lJane: WOW honey. You are going through a lot. I'm so sorry :( I would document everything you can because you never know when you may need it. I know it's stressful but take it one day at a time. Everything will fall into place and I know a great window will open for you!! Easier said than done, I know. Just breathe and take baby steps.

MrsM: I hope your CBFM works for you this month! Until your AF shows up, don't count yourself out!

Krippy: A week until hubby comes home??? Are you doing anything fun while he's away? Hows that sweet boy you're watching?

Sarena: How many DPO are you? Time seems to be flying for everyone!

I hope all is well! Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!! Work has surprisingly been SLOOOOW so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!!

Literally just heard back from my doctors...my levels are in line to where they should be! Here's hoping they continue to climb!

Wonderful news Kerry! I knew it! So happy to hear good news!

KT that is great news to hear - I'm so pleased for you!!! Now you can sit back and enjoy your weekend xxxx

I nearly tested today - which is ridiculous, as it would have been a sure BFN, as its way too soon. Good job the hubby stepped in and brought me back to my senses!

KT-I am thrilled for you! what great news!!! You got a strong sticky bean!

Mrs. Mauri-TTC can border on obsession, that goodness for laid back hubbys! Mine tries to keep my impatience in check also! WE'll be testing soon enough! ;)

All-wishing you a great weekend!

Hi All!! How is everyone? Haven't been on in a while - hope everyone had a great weekend!

I feel like poop! Don't want to complain but I'm forgetting how draining the first few months are. The sicker I feel the better the bean sticks! Just gotta keep telling myself that...

Oh...and can you BELIEVE Whitney Houston died??? Wow. It will be interesting to see what happened.

HI everyone - have people had a good weekend?

Hi KT - How weird is it that you feel good about being sick! I'm pleased everything is going well for you. :yellow:

I'm on cycle day 24, and I reckon I'm 8DPO-ish. I cant stop symptom spotting, but I feel just about normal. A bit gassy (TMI, I know, sorry!), but that's it. I'm so excited to test - I have just felt really positive this month! I hope AF doesnt show up:af: - but with my track record, it would be a small miracle if I actually got a BFP after only 2 months!

I cant believe it about Whitney, really shocked! I feel bad for her daughter, shes only 19 and now has no mum - its gonna be really hard for her poor thing!

My DH gets home tomorrow...Yaaaahhhh! I have been so lonely! It will be nice to have him home again. Even though he gets here and has to go straight to work at least I know that he is coming home after!

So glad that you are feeling crappy Kerry...Lol...How funny does that sound hey?

Mrs.Mauri...I can't believe we are almost back at testing time for you! FXd for you for sure! I won't be back on the TTC wagon for a while...Hoping to only miss 2 cycles of TTC but also going to expect to miss 4 just in case. I don't want to be disappointed if my thyroid doesn't cooperate!

Sad and kind of expected of Whitney's death for me...She has led a very crazy life. Haven't heard about her in a while and that is why it was a surprise but so sad that her life had to end. She was one of the greats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->