Anyone TTC #2? Buddies?!

Krissie, so sorry about AF! Your chart looked so amazing too! :(

Kalon, SO EXCITED for your :pink: bump news! Congrats to you! :happydance:

Powell, can't wait to see your scan! Good luck today!

Hal, can't wait to find out what you're having! I found out from a blood test too - so cool to find out rather definitively and so early!

Mommy, I was convinced my DD was a girl, and convinced that this one was a boy, and correct both times! Don't discount your intuition! I wouldn't be surprised if you're correct :) And ask about the genetic testing if you're interested - my office offers Progenity to EVERYONE regardless of age, and has an agreement with the company that despite insurance probably not covering it, their patients will not have to pay a penny out of pocket! Keep us posted! :flower:

Thanks again Bella, DH and I are beyond thrilled and in love. <3

My instinct was dead wrong both times, I thought for sure that my DS was a girl and that this one was a boy. I'm glad that I was wrong though because this is exactly the outcome I was hoping for, I have always wanted a boy first and then a girl. :cloud9:

Mommy I didn't do the baking soda test with DS but I did with this baby and the result was girl. Girl = flat, no fizz and boy = fizzy like soda.

Ladies pay attention to your body hair, it could possibly tell you what you're having. With DS I was so hairy that I was practically a wookie and with this baby I've hardly had to shave at all and the hair on top of my head isn't super thick like it was last time either. I also have acne everywhere with this baby and didn't have much with my DS.

See I was hairy with dd (who I was convinced was a boy as well) and no acne at all. Beautiful clear skin-gorgeous hair- it was great!

Also got the line on the tummy with dd waiting for it to show with this one. But how long til I can do the baking soda test? It said girl with her- and I was so sure it was wrong lol

Krissie, so sorry about AF! Your chart looked so amazing too! :(

Kalon, SO EXCITED for your :pink: bump news! Congrats to you! :happydance:

Powell, can't wait to see your scan! Good luck today!

Hal, can't wait to find out what you're having! I found out from a blood test too - so cool to find out rather definitively and so early!

Mommy, I was convinced my DD was a girl, and convinced that this one was a boy, and correct both times! Don't discount your intuition! I wouldn't be surprised if you're correct :) And ask about the genetic testing if you're interested - my office offers Progenity to EVERYONE regardless of age, and has an agreement with the company that despite insurance probably not covering it, their patients will not have to pay a penny out of pocket! Keep us posted! :flower:

What is progenity? We actually aren't doing any testing as we didn't with dd either. I've seen too many poor pregnant mamas go through hell because tests said all kinds of horrible thibgs- and they have beautiful healthy happy babies and all the tests were wrong!

I looked everywhere and there doesn't appear to be a particular gestation that you can try the baking soda gender test, just whenever you feel like it I suppose. I don't remember how far along I was when I tried it but I think I was somewhere between 8-12 weeks.

Has anyone tried the ring swing test?? We did ita week or two ago at work with a bunch of ladies that already have kids and it was right every single time for multiple children per woman! It was also right with dd for me when everything else pointed to boy, besides my gut!

This time dd and dh are both convinced bub is a boy, I think my gut is leaning more towards girl again but not near as strongly as last time. Only three months to go! :dohh:

Kalon, I'd agree completely with the acne thing! I had it with DD and have clearer skin than ever with this baby! As for body hair, I'm half Italian.... I haven't noticed a difference - I'm always hairy unless I shave!!! :rofl:

Mommy, I agree with you also about genetic testing... we didn't for DD and we had a REALLY hard time deciding with this baby, but ultimately ended up doing it. I don't think you can do a blood test for gender without genetic testing - it's just a "byproduct" of genetic testing that you can also find out the gender. (Progenity tests with high accuracy for genetic mutations, such as Downs. It also checks for abnormalities like extra sex chromosomes. In checking for these chromosomes, it can tell you whether you're having a boy or a girl).

I'm so sad my Medicaid hasn't kicked in yet! They were gonna do the Panorama today :( Medicaid needs to hurry up!

Attachments

• received_10205215870052383.jpg
    received_10205215870052383.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
  • received_10205215870012382.jpg
    received_10205215870012382.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 2
  • received_10205215869972381.jpg
    received_10205215869972381.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
  • received_10205215870092384.jpg
    received_10205215870092384.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 3
  • received_10205215869932380.jpg
    received_10205215869932380.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
Aww!! Thanks for sharing Powell.

I won't be doing genetics testing next time unless we can find out about the gender too. But with DS they told me 1:24 of an open neural tube defect and I was devastated for weeks!! And in the end he was fine.

Sorry about the Medicaid but thanks for sharing the scan pics Powell! Hi there baby. <3

Lovely photos Powell!!!

My dear friend was told her baby had downs then they said it had a gender abnormality and finally now saying he's perfectly fine. She was devastated for a while!!!

I am just too afraid of those tests.

OK I will do baking soda test after 8 weeks. I don't know how to do te ring test

My bloodwork came back early and first of all, everything is very low risk for genetic abnormalities and second - we are having another GIRL :happydance: yay team :pink:

I am so excited for my daughter to have a sister but would have been happy either way because there are currently no boy grandchildren.

Now to keep this a secret from everyone else until birth is gonna be difficult!!!

Lovely photos Powell!!!

My dear friend was told her baby had downs then they said it had a gender abnormality and finally now saying he's perfectly fine. She was devastated for a while!!!

I am just too afraid of those tests.

OK I will do baking soda test after 8 weeks. I don't know how to do te ring test

All the old wives tales for gender prediction were wrong for me lol every single one! Well except the way I was carrying. Everything else said girl...ring test, Chinese calendar, baking soda test, etc. Really got my hopes up lol

Aw congratulations hal! That is going to be so wonderful to get to watch dd grow up with a sister! Best of luck trying to keep it a secret! My fil wanted us to keep the gender a secret from him and we tried really hard but ruined it within a couple weeks. My sil did the same thing with him shortly after. I'm sure if you're keeping ita secret from everyone it will be easier to not let it slip though.

Powell your scan pics look great!! Almost everything pointed to boy for me, all besides the ring test and my intuition which was really strong and ended up being right. This time everything is pointing to girl so I'm probably having a boy instead. Do you have to wait til like 18-20 weeks to find out?

Mommy the ring test you just tie your wedding ring or something similar to a piece of string and hang it over your belly, if it goes back and forth it's boy if it swings in a circle it's girl supposedly. You can also do it over your Palm and it's supposed to tell you what you already have plus what you will have in the future.

No. we are either going to get a private ultrasound if my Medicaid isn't active by 16 weeks. But if it is, my doc told me to come in as soon as I do and she'll do the Panorama blood test and that tells gender so which ever comes first lol I don't wanna wait til the 20 week ultrasound

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->