Anyone TTC #2? Buddies?!

I am so excited to start seeing babies!!!

Bella- How do you make padsicles? When I had Christian they gave me newborn diapers filled with ice under the lining. They were very nice!! They even taught DH how to make them.

Bella- How do you make padsicles? When I had Christian they gave me newborn diapers filled with ice under the lining. They were very nice!! They even taught DH how to make them.

Oooo that sounds great! How do you make those??

For padsicles, I looked up recipes on Pinterest. What I've settled on is the following:

Materials:
- Whatever Maxi pads you want (thicker is better) - I went with Always - I bought a package of overnights & a "normal" package for heavy flow.
- 100% Aloe Vera Gel
- Thayers Original Witch Hazel (Thayers brand is important, because it does not contain alcohol, which can burn)
- lavender essential oil
- tea tree essential oil
- spray bottle
- gallon Ziploc bags

Directions:
1. Open pad, but leave stuck to wrapper.
2. Spread aloe vera on pad.
3. Mix witch hazel with (I believe one or two) drops of essential oils in the spray bottle
4. Spray pad liberally with mixture.
5. Rewrap pad
6. Put pads into Ziploc bag
7. Freeze

Some versions don't use the essential oils - just witch hazel & aloe vera. I decided to grab it all :haha:

Those sound great. I am going to put that on my to-do list.

For the diapers they just took a new born diaper and tear a small hole on the top of the inside lining. Then fill with small ice cubes/chips. Wrap it up and it absorbs the water as it melts but also provides a little protection so its not to cold.

I'm almost ready to be in the same boat as Keely. I'm NOT ready... only because everything else is not ready. DH is STILL working on DD's big girl room, which means she's still in the nursery.... I can't fault him, because it's his work schedule and other things that pop up - not like he's being lazy or anything. So, I'm ready for that room to be done, then I can move her in there; Nursery stuff for DS is arriving daily from Amazon & other stores... it's piling up & I'm dying to get his room set up & ready to go.

I still need to pack my hospital bag - I made the list, but need to throw the stuff into a bag. I also need to do some baby laundry & throw some last minute things into Jacob's diaper bag (which is packed). DD has her own list of things she'll need when I go into labor, but I already sent that list to my mom. Mom says she'll pack for DD (Yay! One less thing to do!)

Oh, & I ordered everything I need to make padsicles... (It was a sad day when I ran out of the TWO perineal ice packs that the hospital gave me... so I def planned to make these this time around!) So, the rest of the stuff I need will be delivered today, and I will be making them ASAP.

Once all of that is done, I think I'll finally be ready to say I'm ready to have this baby! I am definitely tired of being sore and tired all the time! (On a side note, I overdid it on Tuesday when I went shopping with my mom, grocery shopping, then cleaned the house. I've been so sore since then that I've been limping around & literally have to sit up in bed just to turn over at night. It's miserable. I can't risk overdoing it anymore... if I go into labor this sore, I don't know how I'll make it through! :nope: )

I'm almost done with my Ina May book about childbirth, and I'm feeling a bit more confident about going through another natural/unmedicated hospital birth. I feel like I have some pain management techniques up my sleeve this time around so maybe I won't be quite as miserable as the last time around - at least I'll have a few ways to cope! :haha:

How is everyone else??

I keep thinking about and planning on reading that book! Do you recommend it? I had an unmedicated birth the first time around as well but was just miserable for the last couple hours, I think partially due to bad nursing care and also partially due to not doing much preparation. I think I have learned some from my mistakes I made last time but would like to be a little more prepared than that so I thought about giving the book a shot.

The padsicles sound like a great idea. I had planned on an unmedicated with dear son but it didn't work that way and all though I felt no pain during the delivery I would sure have appreciated them after I went home.
I'm off having sushi lunch as I'm meeting with the donor this afternoon. My opk is getting dark and I am due to ovulate in 1-2 days by my calculation. And hopefully this will be my last sushi for 9+ months lol.

The padsicles sound like a great idea. I had planned on an unmedicated with dear son but it didn't work that way and all though I felt no pain during the delivery I would sure have appreciated them after I went home.
I'm off having sushi lunch as I'm meeting with the donor this afternoon. My opk is getting dark and I am due to ovulate in 1-2 days by my calculation. And hopefully this will be my last sushi for 9+ months lol.

Fx that it is!!

I am enjoying as much lunch meat as I can stand. :haha:

It was weird when I was pregnant with dear son I ironically craved everything we aren't supposed to eat well pregnant

Well honestly after driving for 2hrs only to be waiting around for my donor 6+ hours and him being busy, and couldn't make it I'm ready to give up. I just don't know what to do anymore

Well honestly after driving for 2hrs only to be waiting around for my donor 6+ hours and him being busy, and couldn't make it I'm ready to give up. I just don't know what to do anymore

Oh hun, I am so sorry!! That is terribly frustrating for sure. :hugs:

Oooo that sounds great! How do you make those??

For padsicles, I looked up recipes on Pinterest. What I've settled on is the following:

Materials:
- Whatever Maxi pads you want (thicker is better) - I went with Always - I bought a package of overnights & a "normal" package for heavy flow.
- 100% Aloe Vera Gel
- Thayers Original Witch Hazel (Thayers brand is important, because it does not contain alcohol, which can burn)
- lavender essential oil
- tea tree essential oil
- spray bottle
- gallon Ziploc bags

Directions:
1. Open pad, but leave stuck to wrapper.
2. Spread aloe vera on pad.
3. Mix witch hazel with (I believe one or two) drops of essential oils in the spray bottle
4. Spray pad liberally with mixture.
5. Rewrap pad
6. Put pads into Ziploc bag
7. Freeze

Some versions don't use the essential oils - just witch hazel & aloe vera. I decided to grab it all :haha:

I used this recipe minus the tea tree oil after #1 and they were great! A little more messy than the ones from the hospital but feel almost as amazing lol

Oh hun, I am so sorry!! That is terribly frustrating for sure. :hugs:

Thank you, I do understand that he has to work so I have calmed down. I'm trying to think of a solution though. May move up there for a month or two, I can take an loa from my job and still have it when I come back so that's a plus

Thats awful:wacko: I hate how much donors mess around.

I had unmedicated last time too and hoping to do the same this time. My office actually told me i could request nurses who are more likely to be natural birth nurses too, which is awesome.

But i'm not thinking too much about the birth yet. i'm just trying to get to 30 weeks because it feels like it's never gonna get here. omg, i'm still 22. I just can't believe how fast it was going to how slow it is now!

Krissie - Thank you for the diaper recipe! If I run out of padsicles & I'm uncomfy, it sounds like a great quick fix!

Miracles - YES!!!!! I had a few books on my list of books to read - I started "Natural Hospital Birth" (Nope - returned that to the library), I got about halfway through Hypnobirthing (Nope - had some good ideas, but everything was way too step by step, and if you're not practicing every single night, there's no way you're going to remember everything. I don't have that kind of time, lol!) and then I went to Ina May's book. LOVED IT! It's sorted into two sections, because the first section is just (positive, encouraging) birth stories. So, since I'm a little short on time, I read some of the birth stories, then flipped to the second part of the book. I read the second part (skipped a part about choosing a provider since I already had one and the last chapter talks about all kinds of complications that didn't seem necessary to know - I skipped that too.) It gave some great tips! I finished that second half and now I'm back to the birth stories. Again - HIGHLY recommend! I borrowed it from the library, and I'm thinking this might be one I have to buy. :)

rtebbe - YUM for the sushi! I've been craving that pretty much my whole pregnancy! I've had rolls 3x since being pregnant, but it's so tough to stick to the cooked rolls when I really want raw!

Krissie - I've been eating lunch meat anyway - I just heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds (till steaming) and stick it in the freezer to cool it back down :haha: It's a pain in the bum, but it's the only way I feel safe eating it!

retebbe - I CAN'T BELIEVE HE LEFT YOU WAITING FOR OVER 6 HOURS!!!! That's awful!!!! :( That's so frustrating! I really hope you are able to sort things out soon :hugs:

Powell - I'm really debating on leaving out the tea tree oil... I hate the smell of anything minty. But, it has healing properties I guess, which is why it's recommended. I don't know... still haven't decided :shrug: Glad to hear it worked for you though! That's encouraging! :)

I only omitted it last time because I didn't have any but I do now so will be adding it. It's really good at healing and soothing. It smells more woody than minty to me. But they def helped. Even without either oil I imagine the cold would feel good either way lol

oming up on 31 weeks myself and wishing this house buying process would hurry up! I'm ready to get Jaxson's room together! But I suppose I can channel my nesting urge into packing lol I also need to see where the closest hospital to the (hopefully) new house since we will be moving from a small town to an even smaller town (population less than 500!) But its closer to Raleigh, NC (cloests major city) so I may end up delivering in Raleigh instead of our current little town. Which honestly I would prefer after having #1. His shoulders got stuck and he was sunny side up but my MW managed to maneuver him out. I feel if that were to happen now these small town docs would do an unnecessary c section. The more I think about it I would rather deliver in the city anyways..guess I need to look into switching docs. soo many things going on right now and I get maybe 3 hours of broken sleep at night so feeling like I'm sleep walking at all times!

Oh! That's good to know. I think I've only ever smelled tea tree oil in shampoos... and they always smell minty to me. Maybe it's just been a coincidence! I haven't opened the oil yet to smell it alone. I had also been concerned about a minty scent possibly giving a menthol/stingy kind of feeling. If you're saying it smells more woody, maybe I don't have anything to worry about :thumbup:

sorry about the rough nights powell :(

i HATED the house buying process. what a pain in the BUTT.

i can't believe how close you all are! i feel so behind.

23 weeks today!

Thanx mommyofone! Luckily my son is content with watching cartoons in the mornings while I relax a little and try to get at least one more hour of sleep lol inkinda feel like I'm being lazy but I'm telling myself I'm taking advantage of it while I can.. Once Jax gets here it wont be an option! Lol
We are now waiting for the church that owns the house to have a meeting about accepting our offer. Since its owned by a church the deacon himself cant accept our offer. I hope they have that meeting soon so we can get this show on the road lol we are already going to be cutting it close to my due date as is!

I moved at 38 weeks last time. It was stressful because my urge to nest was so high. All I had unpacked was the nursery and kitchen by the time he arrived. :haha:

But it was by far the easiest move since all I did was direct people. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->