Anyone TTC #2? Buddies?!

Keely - it's prob just a phase your son is going through. His whole world has been turned upside down with the new baby and it's just gonna take a week or two for him to adjust. Glad to hear Thea is doing great!

Mommy - that's a terrible dream. So sorry!

Powell - so sorry about the insomnia. I hope the meds will allow you to sleep tonight. I feel strangely lucky that I developed the PUPPS because the antihistamine I got definitely lets me sleep.

I have 31 days left til my c section and am getting nervous that she may come early. I've been having so much pressure down low and constantly feel like she's about to fall out. As much as I want to be done, I need her to wait until my c section date because I've already booked flights for my parents to be here to watch my daughter. i guess I need to think of a back up plan just in case!

I got ZERO sleep last night! Ugh! But it wasn't from the pain, the meds helped a TON with that! It was just regular pregnancy insomnia and the cows have been mooing super loud for hours. Of course that happens then night I'm actually able to get somewhat comfortable lol hoping for some rest during #1s naptime and really hoping for some sleep tonight!

I should have just watched a show on the tablet until I passed out. The second I turn the tablet on my eyes get super sleepy feeling but when I turn it off they feel wide awake. Strange! Pregnancy, while amazing, is so strange sometimes lol

How is mommy of two life, Bella? I'm excited yet terrified!

I know what you mean!! Toward the end of my pregnancy I got very little sleep :(

Life with two has been really great so far, in most ways. Madelyn is just so in love with her brother! She gets more attention from daddy than ever (since daddy is on paternity leave & trying to help me). She sometimes becomes clingy to me, because I'm the one busy more often with breastfeeding & whatnot. But she NEVER takes that out on her brother! She is just the best big sister - she's so proud of him & refers to him as HER Jacob! So, she's been acting out here & there... & we've had to keep her from smothering him with her cuddles... But she's very sensitive to his needs too (like she needs to hold his hand when he gets his diaper changed because he HATES it & screams... She tries to comfort him. And if she's holding him - supervised of course - & he cries because he's hungry, she says he needs teat now & she'll hold him later). Such a little mama! And it's just so amazing to see the two of them together :cloud9:

i've started the insomnia too, can't fall out at night although could've been freaking about tests too, i have my gtt this am and i'm freaked. i hate it! i fasted like my office said would be best and now i'm just waiting to drive over, as it doesn't open til 7 am and it's just after 630. but figured this way i can just get it over with!

Did you do the one, two or three hour? They all suck to me cuz that drink makes me feel like crap!

One hour. I fasted cause lab and drs said best. But we have the orange drink and I actually kinda like it. Tastes just like an over sugared orange soda so I just chugged the sucker in less than a minute.

I got ZERO sleep last night! Ugh! But it wasn't from the pain, the meds helped a TON with that! It was just regular pregnancy insomnia and the cows have been mooing super loud for hours. Of course that happens then night I'm actually able to get somewhat comfortable lol hoping for some rest during #1s naptime and really hoping for some sleep tonight!

I should have just watched a show on the tablet until I passed out. The second I turn the tablet on my eyes get super sleepy feeling but when I turn it off they feel wide awake. Strange! Pregnancy, while amazing, is so strange sometimes lol

How is mommy of two life, Bella? I'm excited yet terrified!

I know what you mean!! Toward the end of my pregnancy I got very little sleep :(

Life with two has been really great so far, in most ways. Madelyn is just so in love with her brother! She gets more attention from daddy than ever (since daddy is on paternity leave & trying to help me). She sometimes becomes clingy to me, because I'm the one busy more often with breastfeeding & whatnot. But she NEVER takes that out on her brother! She is just the best big sister - she's so proud of him & refers to him as HER Jacob! So, she's been acting out here & there... & we've had to keep her from smothering him with her cuddles... But she's very sensitive to his needs too (like she needs to hold his hand when he gets his diaper changed because he HATES it & screams... She tries to comfort him. And if she's holding him - supervised of course - & he cries because he's hungry, she says he needs teat now & she'll hold him later). Such a little mama! And it's just so amazing to see the two of them together :cloud9:

That's adorable!!!

Aw Bella I think my daughter is going to be the same as yours when it comes to baby sister and that just makes me so anxious and excited for her to be here!! I feel like because she had taken it so well and is so excited about the baby it makes it so much easier to accept that it won't be just her as my baby anymore. I always thought I'd have a hard time with that but she has made it such an easy thought so far because she's been so wonderful!

Failed the one hour :( taking the three hour on friday

I failed both and was diagnosed with GD with #1
This time I failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour

Even if you have GD its honestly not that bad! I ended up eating healthier after my diagnosis! The most annoying part, to me, was the finger pricks!

Good luck momma!!

Bella - that's so sweet that your daughter is so into her baby brother! I'm hoping mine transitions into big sisterhood nicely.

Mommy - I know tons of people that failed the one hour but passed the3 hour. Don't worry at all!

Hope you're all doing well!

thanks ladies. i don't eat a ton this pregnancy cause i'm not that hungry. I also don't show any symptoms so i'm hoping it's not that. i just don't want to do the finger pricks and be worried the rest of the pregnancy you know what i mean? because i will. i'll be afraid he'll be too big and i'll have to have a c-section. :(

I didn't have any symptoms either when I had it. I was shocked when I was diagnosed as was my doc. We suspected I only had it because my mom did when prego with me.
If you do have it a tip for the pricks. Do them on the side of your finger! It gets less sore and you won't be hitting the sore spots when you touch things!

I was terrified of a big baby and section as well! At my 38 week growth scan they estimated him around 9 lbs...he was 7 lbs 8.2 oz a birth lol

I have diabetes so I was very scared about it when I was pregnant. I ended up on insulin at the end. But ds was 8 lbs 9 oz and I delivered him vaginally. And he's perfectly healthy and a smart little critter.

This next pregnancy I have much better control and I know about it. (I was diagnosed at 8 weeks pregnant with ds) so it was a shock. So I'm hoping to do metformin/glyburide and diet control. So far I've been managing it fine with just diet and half a dose of metformin. Fx I can maintain third tri next time without insulin.

I'm so use to the finger pricks now. But Powell is correct, always on the sides.

Thanks ladies. So hoping it doesn't come to that!

Dh would uo staying home today which was frustrating cause I could've gone for test today! But whatever. I'll jus wait and do it then.

On a good note vit d level came back great!

Asking for baby dust ladies!!! Just met my donor. Got my "sample" and doing it again in am as opk is just about positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->